Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 321/284/140

I had the same problem with my post.. the pixies you say, huh?? Hummmm.. Sound like they were really acting up yesterday.

My name was given to me from some friends on another site about 6 months after my husband died. I went on a camping trip with a bunch of people from there. Well I was singing in the shower and while I was getting ready for the day. I didn't know that it could be heard through the walls in the men's shower as well. Well one guy told another and then the ladies heard them discussing it. SO they were listening to me and I had no clue. LOL I ended up getting drafted to lead the singing when we had our sunday morning church service. Anyway, when we got back and was posting about the trip, they started calling me that and it kinda stuck. I also sang in a christian band before I moved to St louis. SO I guess the answer to this long drawn out responce is yes. I have a nice voice and love to sing. LOL
Up until now I could never say that without thinking I was vain. Which i am clearly not..lol I have always been very self concious. I can't figure out why being an overweight woman would effect how I feel about a talent. I was watching The finale to American Idol last night and Mandesa was back with the rest of the top 12. I was thinking to myself, she is a lot larger then I am and she has the confidince to use her voice. Why can't I? I have a feeling she has been encouraged in some way or another all her life.. Anywhoo....

La la.. Are you drowning in a mountain of school work? Haven't seen you much lately. Just wanted to let you know you are missed. Post when you can!

Coley.. To be honest I can't think of a joke. lol I remember when i was five I had a favorite joke. I used to go around asking everyone the joke...
"what room can no one enter......... a mushroom." Apparently my sence of humor hasn;t changed in the last 25 years.. lol

So to the newbies.. tell us all about you. Fell free to ramble about any topic you like..

Talk to you soon.
Rebecca
GodsSongbird74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all

Greetings from LA... lower Alabama that is I posted very briefly the other day and thank you all for the welcome...

more about me...do you really want to know? Well, like I posted the other day... I'm 40, single no kids... Though I started working in the school system here last fall and so I have lots of "kids" and there's also all my nieces and nephews... and their kids...but none of my own. This summer I am working at a day camp from 7:30 to 12:30. This is the first week and it has been a challenge. There are more boys than girls... the coordinator wants reading and crafts and.... of course the boys just want to play ball- any kind of ball- baseball, basketball, wall ball, dodge ball.. you name it... the 9 - 12 year olds have been most challenging... I am having a hard time coming up with crafts that they like! ahhh...

the weekend is almost here... I'm going camping with a friend. We'll leave as soon as I get off tomorrow and head to the woods. We also plan on heading to the beach for one of the days since it's a long weekend. We couldn't get reservations at a campground at the beach... oh well, we'll have fun whereever we are!

What are your plans for the weekend?

GodSongbird: I lived in St. Louis when I was a kid... we moved to alabama way back in 1980...

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #33  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Reba - I know this isn't crafty, but my 9 year old nephew used to like making up "movies" and acting them out for us with his friends. Always action movies, of course! I guess you could have them craft bits of costume and props...

Songbird- So far I'm staying on top of the schoolwork, yay! But now that I'm staring all day at a PC doing data entry, and then doing another couple of hours or so of homework on the PC when I get home, my eyes get really messed up by the end of the week - so I am not on the boards as much now. I have that anti-glare stuff on my glasses and I use eye drops, but right now my eyes feel like they are full of sand. Drives me crazy! I am due to go get my eyes checked soon, I guess I should make the appointment, huh?

I'm terrible at jokes, but I heard a good geek joke recently: If you aren't a part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Happy Thursday!

Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello and thanks for the welcomes, Ladies!

I have been bad. HAven't been exercising or eating well. I don't know what my problem is. I did so well when we were on vacation! Maybe its work! I truely think it is! They even say that EVERYBODY puts on at least 10 pounds when they start working here! I know I have and probably then some! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Welcome to any newbies, I'm new too!

Have a Great Weekend!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #35  
Play that funky music!

Flady - I know I dropped 10 pounds right off the bat after leaving my last job. There was always something irresistible in the breakroom, usually homemade or in a Dunkn' Donuts box, grrr.... Or we had enough people that it was somebody's birthday every other week... And then there was the snack machine with the Famous Amos tiny little cookies... so tiny you can convince yourself that they won't really hurt... LIES LIES!!! So, yeah, survival techniques for the snack situation will be imperative!

-Lala
Old 05-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #36  

Mornin Ladies!

If we could all just speak a little bit quieter today that'd be good. I have a teenie tiny touch of a headache..nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the murder mystery dinner party I had last night.

I was a nun but was disappointed to discover that I wasn't the murderer! Still I also managed to cook a healthy-ish dinner for 8 people...lentil soup for starter, pasta in tomato sauce for main with salad and baked apples for pudding. There might, however, have been a bit of alcohol consumed...not by me I hasten to add...well not MUCH by me.

Anyway I'm off to drink lots of water. Love to you all!

x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #37  
Play that funky music!

Aw, poor dear. Say, didn't you bring any to share? Empty calories be darned!

Glad you had a good time!

-lala
Old 05-28-2006, 02:22 AM   #38  
~Believe~

Hi lala,

Yeah its like that here too. Luckily I work nights so I avoid all the flipping food parties they have during the day! But working nights makes it difficult to eat healthy, at least for me. BUt I know that is only an excuse.

I think I need to be taken out and beaten silly! lollllllllllllllllll

*Flady*
Old 05-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #39  
Play that funky music!

Flady - Here ya go...

-La
Old 05-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Talking Lol

I needed that!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #41  

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the jokes. I liked them! A mushroom...LOL

Am feeling much better today - no hangover at all! It also FINALLY brought along TOM as well. Only er...3-4 weeks late! Its all good. Havent lost a pound as yet - we'll see after TOM- but measured myself and have lost lots more inches - a total of 28.5 since I started! I've lost 4.5 inches off my waist, 6 off my arms (I can't get over this..6!), 5.5 inches off my knee, 2 off my belly (yes it is still HUGE!), 2 off my calf and finally...8.5 off my bust (measured under the boob). That's some serious inches!

Sooo..lets carry onwards shall we ladies? Onwards and lesswards?

C xxx
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #42  

Talking Mmwi

Good Morning on this bright and beautiful Memorial monday morning!! Whew... say tht 3 times fast!
Sorry I haven't written this weekend. The BF's kids were here and his boys were wired all weekend. If only we could bottle that energy! Had to really keep an eye on them.
Great news to post though. I just weighed in and I am down another 2.5 lbs. (check out the tracker) I was sure I did badly this weekend. I was so busyso I didn't even track this weekend. I automatically assume I did badly cause I don't know where I was. Sigh. Why am I so hard on myself? Anyway, that is 5down in 2 weeks. Yahoo!!!!!!
Guess what I decided to do this weekend? I signed up for a 5k walk. I am going to walk in the 5k, 2 weeks from now for the Walk for the Cure breast cancer walk. I haven't done that sort of thing in years. It is 3 miles, I should be able to walk 3 miles. I just reached that on my treadmil last week.
Coley- How's the headache? Wow a murder mystery dinner. That sounds like so much fun I have never been to one. How hard was it to host it? Did you have to write it yourself?
Well, as you can see, it si still early. Just because I can sleep in this morning doesn't mean the dog will let me. His clock tells him he has to go to the bathroom no later 6:00 LOL SO i am gonna try and lay down for a little longer. Stayed up late last night watching "the Majestic".
Keep up the fabulous work and I will talk to you later!
Rebecca
Old 05-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I've been MIA ... I left Friday afternoon as soon as I got home from work and went camping ... My friend and I love to camp. We're both unattached and rather than sit home wanting to go, we load up and go... try to go once a month...ahhh....

Anyway, we headed to a park in Florida and didn't get home until tonight. We hiked Saturday and then Sunday drove down to the beach (just over an hour from the campground we were at). It was a hot weekend-mid to upper 90's so we didn't hike as much as usual... a thunderstorm came in last night- we heard the thunder and saw the lightning as we prepared dinner, so we put the raincap back on the tent, got everything covered and headed over to the rec room at the campground to wait out the storm. This particular campground was originally part of a CCC camp and one of the original barracks is used as the office and a rec room... it's open all the time. Once the worst of the storm was over we went back to the tent and fell asleep to the rain hitting the tent... ahhhh..... it really was a great weekend...

Hope y'all had a great memorial day weekend.

Thanks to all our military personal for giving us the freedoms we have!

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #44  

Hi folks, just checking back in. Some of you may remember me--I was one of the originals! But, I've been off packing on the pounds. Sigh.

But, I'm back and starting again!!!!!!!!!
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:15 AM   #45  

Way to go Coley!! I love it when inches come off as well. It can be very frustraiting when the scale gets stuck, at least we can be encouraged by our clothes fitting better, or falling off whichever may be the case. LOL
Reba, that sounds like so much fun. I used to live in Jacksonville and I would go camping in South Carolina sometimes. It is a bit of a drive but the state park there on the edge is beautiful. All that hiking is good exercise. Glad to hear you had a good time.
Welcome back beginme!! I am fairly new to the board but i love it here. Hope to see you again soon.
Rebecca