Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 AM   #16  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Geri

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS, on your weight loss. Good for you.
Thanks for those good words about Watkins. Actually I had never heard of them before I got involved. I am glad I did.
The weight management system includes this:
Reduce Plus
ThereaTrim
ThereaTrim Duo (which is the two above together for a savings)
Inner Cleanse/Restore
SoyNilla (also GREAT for menopausal symptoms; this is a powder to mix)
Watkins Energy Bars
Superfood Multiple (mostly just an overall vitamin)
There is also a supplement Female Formula, it's not included in this but it's great for female. I'm fixing to begin taking it.
Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just a quick note .....

Got playgroup coming over in an hour so I gotta run around and clean.

I have not yet switched over to ww. I went to the meetings last year and got all my stuff.

I am still on south beach. I am going to give it a little longer and see how things pan out.

I had a long talk with my cousin last night. She was 220 and now she is down to 150 and she is 5'7". I guess you can say she motivated me to keep with it for now. Only time will tell.

I started aerobics this morning and then Drew woke up so I had to stop. Well I loading up the stroller and Nicholas's bike and we went to the track at the park. We walked 2 miles so I feel much better now

I will get personal after playgroup!

Have a great one!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #18  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Ginny...

Hi there.
I'm answering your questions about Watkins. They are catalog only, but my mother did host a home party for me. It was a GREAT way to get started and get a base clientele. Other wise it's just catalogs and samples that I pass out. You can shop online as well. They do have something called Great Tastings. That is where you host a party to eat and you cook with most of their things and get orders that way. I've never done that. I'll tell you that once someone uses their products, they are hooked. If you're interested ask me more, email me at [email protected] or visit www.watkinsonline.com [/COLOR] [/U] but please let me be your rep. If you're interested in selling and receiving the discount visit www.tsgi.com and enter code CM4933.
I'd love talking about this some more. I'll try to be at the chat this afternoon. Thanks for your interest.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:22 PM   #19  

Ladies, you have been busy. I started my job yesterday and dh was on the computer all last night. I think it is going to be the best of both worlds. I will be working Mon and Wed 9-5 for at least the next two months. At that point, they will evaluate what they and I want to do and take it from there. I was so busy catching everything up that the first day away from JW was not so bad. About 4, I was ready to see him. My mom had a blast with him, it helps to know that he is in good hands. So I did not get a workout in being the first day back. Ate well though. I am hoping to get to pilates tomorrow evening at 800 if everything goes well after work.

Penny - Hope the white strips work. Are the ingred. all right for nursing? We have a dental school in town and they do procedure at a cut rate so they can learn. I think I might see what there prices are on teeth whitening. I got my second round of braces there, didn't wear the retainer the first time around and they moved. Taught me my lesson when I had to pay for it on my own.

Geri - I am so proud of you. I am going to have to finish Dr. Phil. I am doing all of the inventories and that takes a long time. I read that one in the day, and am reading The Da Vinci Code at night, so good it is hard to put it down.

Welcome, Cindy. I looking forward to hearing about you and your family. I am Melinda, now working 2 days a week as an office manager for a psych office. I have a 7 month old son named John Wesley.

Crystal - Had tons of questions about the Watkins, but it look like you feel us in. Good Luck with it. Good for you for homeschooling. The schools here are not that good, so we will have to send them to private. Might mean the difference on whether I have to work full time again.

Candy - Do you do cloth diapers? Seem you have a lot of landry or do you just do it once a week. Enjoy the weather it is so beautiful here.

Did the precor and weights this morning, so I am feeling pretty good. Haven't been tracking my food, but I haven't put any junk in my mouth. 3 nights without late night eating. I hate going to bed with my stomach upset or maybe it is PMS starting. I have been feeling like I was getting a period for a week now, but nothing. I don't know how much longer nursing will keep it away. I am nursing 4 times a day now. Oh, my mom brought JW to work for lunch so I was able to nurse him, so I only missed one feeding from working.

Have a great on program day. I will have to check more often. Everyone is hoppin'.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:43 PM   #20  
Firefly

Default Hello everybody!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! I hope everybody is having a great day. Missed aerobics, but am planning to go to the gym when my hubby finally gets home. He's a fireman and has a few other side jobs - so he's gone a lot! Anyway, this is day 2 following Dr. Phil's weight loss plan and I'm doing o.k.

Melinda - How do you like working? I started working outside the house for a few hours a week a few months ago and I really enjoy it!

Ginny- Hi! How long have you been doing WW? I looked at their program a while ago but didn't stick with it

Geri- Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your lay-off, but I hope you are enjoying staying at home for a while! I'm so glad
i'm ablle to be home with my girls. It sounds like you are doing a great job with your walking! I'm hoping to get outside to do more of that once winter finally breaks!

Spryng - Thanks for your advice! I really do need to have less sweets around the house. I'm in the process of weaning the girls off getting a treat every time they go potty. I'm thinking about switching to giving them stickers or stamps. Did you finish your book?

Sorry if I forget anyone - I'm trying to remember names.

Cindy
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Wow, this thread is hopping today!!

Cindy, glad to hear dr.phil's plan is working out for you!! What will you be making for dinner tonight? I hope you get to go to the gym. Sounds like fun. There isn't any near me or I would try and join one too. But I did order that Lateral Thigh Trainer from QVC and I'm hoping it's here before the week is over. But mostly I do pilates (which I've neglected the past several days) Stickers or stamps sound like great treats for potty training!
Melinda, so glad the job is working out for you! What a relief huh? Was it nice to be around adults all day? Sometimes I think about going back to work just for the company it will provide. Even though you haven't been tracking your food sounds like you have been OP! Great job!
Penny, I think it is great that you will give SB more time to work for you. I've heard great things about it. But if you can't stick with it you have WW as a back up plan. Hope your play group is fun!!
Ginny, no I don't shop with QVC much. I bought my feather bed and comforter set from them last year and really liked how fast they shipped it and it's great quality. I love watching their show. Oh and I did buy a freeze drying flower kit (I've not used it yet) from them too. You can freeze dry flowers and plants in your microwave and they look fresh and retain their color. I wanted to buy a bunch of roses after valentines day to try it out (when flowers are marked down) but I forgot. I guess if DH gets me flowers for our anniversary I can try it then, but I wouldn't hold my breath, lol. I am thinking about buying a swimsuit from them, their It Figures brand it very nice, but everything is on a waitlist right now. What have you bought from them? Are you on a plateau? I thought you lost .6 lbs last week. Maybe I forgot. You've been on WW quite a while now so I'm sure it's getting harder for you to get the pounds off. Did you try the fast track kit?
Geri, I am reading a novel called Let the Drum Speak. It's really good so far. And it all takes place in Spiro oklahoma (well what is spiro oklahoma today, I lived about 5 miles from the spiro mounds when I lived down there, so it's neat to see how the indians lived there.) but it's really good so far. Not a romace novel though, darn, lol. But a good story line none-the-less. That's funny that you think you would fall off the thigh machine, lol. They say some people have to start by holding on to a chair or wall when they begin to get their balance. I wonder if I will fall off?? Guess I'll see soon enough, lol.
Well I got my grocery shopping done today. What a hassle. I didn't need many things since half the week is over, but the ingredients for the macadamia nut pesto fettuccine I'll be making tonight cost a fortune!! Fresh basil leaves ran me 10 bucks all by themselves!!! Highway robbery. Dh said he will build me a planter to grow my own herbs in. I think that is a great idea. Fresh herbs cost WAY too much. Pathetic. Then the roasted macadamia nuts ran 5 bucks. Ugh. It better be worth it. But I'll be making some low fat cresent rolls and oven fried squash to go with it. Sounds so good right now. What is everyone else making?????????
I will be chatting at 2. Don't know for how long. The kids are watching Brother Bear right now. Such a cute, sad, funny movie. I'm not watching it with them because I don't feel like crying today. I know.... I'm a big baby!!!!!
Ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #22  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi all!!! Welcome Cindy! I am Candy, sahm to Sean 4 and Kylie 2. I also work full-time from home doing the medical billing for a gyn/oncology practice. A few months back I started weaning my kids off sweets and junk (white flour products). Now they eat salads, avocados, and all kinds of fruit. If they are hungry, they will grab a banana or something nutritious. It was really hard at first and there were plenty of tears shed but we took it slow and now it is just they way things are. Hope it will be somewhat easy for you!

Ginny, the dog thing sounds awful!!! I feel so bad for the poor kid. Hope you get some rest, sounded kinda pooped! Only 3 more days until the weekend!!!

Melinda, glad your first day back went so well! And no, we don't do diapers at all anymore. Kylie has been potty trained since she turned 2 last June. But I do only do my laundry once a week and I get every last bit done and the washer and dryer sit empty until the next Tuesday. This is a big improvement over the way it used to be when I tried to do a couple loads a day. I'd often end up having to rewash something that had sat in the washer too long. That was so sweet of your mom to bring JW over. My mom would do that on occasion when I first had to start working. There is just nothing like nursing your baby!!!

Spryng, hope your thigh thingy gets there soon! I know you must be so excited and waiting is torture! I hate waiting for things! What kind of things does your DH like? I could get mine a round of golf somewhere and he would be in heaven. Seems I buy him a watch almost every year since he breaks them so often!!! Hope you come up with something in budget that he will really like!!!

Crystal, I would definitely like to see a catalog. I have never heard of Watkins products before but they sound great!!!

Ok, sorry for anyone I missed and not to get more personal right now, Crystal but I have to go get my laundry helper real quick. I'll be back in a bit.
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #23  
soontobethin

Hi everyone. Hopefully I can get this post in.
Welcome Crystal and Cindy. I am Ricci sahm to two boys 5 and 3. I have heard of watkins. I have an aunt who has tons of the stuff. She doesn't use anything else in her kitchen.
Geri, congrats on the weight loss. Melinda, glad your liking the job. It sounds like everyone is doing really well. I haven't heard from the tanning salon yet, but I think I will call them if I haven't heard by Thursday. I am getting ready to do a medical study for a vaccine for yellow fever. If I pass the physical and get into the study, it pays $1150. I have been getting in my exercise still, and been helping my mom move small stuff. This weekend is the big move. Fun, Fun. I have had trouble with my eating lately, but it isn't eating too much. I haven't been hungry. I eat any way, because I know I need to, I just don't want to. Well, I will check back in later. Have a great OP day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #24  
Movin' to the Country!

Ok, back for a quickie. Ricci, the study sounds interesting. The money sounds great! What all is involved for that $$$? How long does it last? And lastly, what is yellow fever??? Hope you can get an appetite back. Not having one is almost as bad as having an overactive one! Hope your mom's move goes well this weekend!

Spryng, wow!!! $10 for basil! I would have freaked out!!! You can substitute dried. I think you use about 1/2. I found with cilantro, I actually like dried better than fresh but with basil, you might really need fresh. Hope it turns out and is everything your dreaming of! ha,ha

Crystal, thanks for sending the catalog. I'm very interested in checking it out. Don't really have a lot of money right now as I am on restriction (self-imposed) since we are building a house and I want to get my credit card debt paid off before we finish the house but I will definitely give it a look. Crystal, with the homeschooling, do you do a program or are you making your own lessons? Where we are building is out in the country and the schools are even worse out there than in other parts of Charleston so there is no way I would send my kids to the public schools and I'm not paying $3500/year for private school just so I can be tied to a schedule. I would much rather educate my kids myself at their pace with wholesome association, no matter how hard! I actually think it will be easy though. It can't be harder than working full-time from home with 2 babies!!!

Geri, I did get out in the yard and get my berm finished. I think I'll borrow my mom's digital camera and take a picture of it and the house. I even cleaned up my mess (DH's biggest pet peave!) I still haven't gotten any formal excercise in but that yard work kicked my butt today. Dragging the hose around front alone was an upper body workout!!! My dad dropped my pine straw off this afternoon so I even got to get the pine straw laid. I hope DH will be impressed when he gets home! I even did the flower boxes! Hope I picked something hardy that will live in there. I'm not very good at picking the right plant for the job!!! Anyhows, hope it will warm up for you soon so you can get outside where you love to be!!!

Penny, how was play group today? How much have you lost so far with SB? You do get to start adding the carbs back in with SB, don't you? Hope it will get the weightloss ball rolling, even if you do decide to switch to something else down the road.

Hi Andrea. Hope I didn't miss anyone else, and sorry if I did! I've gotta get off here and work on this laundry. Helper is here now so I want to make sure we get it all done. Had a problem with work today. Apparently I posted a postdated check and it bounced and my office manager wants to talk to me about it but I'm not talking about it until I go to the office and find the receipt that was attached to the check. It is the front desks responsibility to write on the receipt if the check is postdated and then I usually hold them until the date and I don't recall seeing one of those lately. I wouldn't know to look for a postdate if they didn't note it. Hope it was their mistake and not mine!!! Probably was mine though! I hate that!!! I am making chicken parmesan for dinner. MSF's for me and real chicken for everybody else. First time I've cooked meat since I went veggie!!! (Only doing it to get the meat out of my freezer...ha,ha) I am also making homemade baguettes. You start them off in the bread maker. It looks really easy but looks can be deceiving!!! Hope everyone has a great evening! TTYL
Old 03-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #25  
Firefly

Hi! I'm getting ready to make dinner... grilled chicken breasts, steamed broccoli, and some whole wheat pasta for the rest of the family. I'll toss a big salad for myself too.

Good luck to the moms who have posted about homeschooling. In my life before kids I was an elementary teacher and I really loved it. I still tutor 7 kids during the week - ranging from second grade to seventh grade.

Ricci - good luck with the study. Is yellow fever the same thing as malaria or am I on a different wavelength?

Spryng - let me know how you like the thigh thingy. I know I like the machine on at the gym that works the inner thighs!

Candy-Thanks for giving me some pointers on weaning the kids of sweets. I'd really like to have the whole family eat healthier!

Oops gotta run! One of the twins just dropped a toy in the potty! Ugh! That's what I get for trusting their silence!
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #26  
SAHM of 3

Smile Hello Girls

Wow this thread is hot today.
There seems to be so much that I want to say. It's almost time to start cooking dinner so I'm not sure if I can get it all in.
Candy - I'm glad you're going to look at a Watkins catalog. I understand about the money. We want to build but are trying to figure out financially if we can. But I appreciate you looking. About homeschooling, I thought it wouldn't be hard because my daughter seemed to be a fast learner always ready and willing. I just realized this past week that whoever said trying to teach a kid to read is the hardest thing ever, was NOT wrong. It is so hard and trying. But I know it will be worth it when it is accomplished. I'm so happy to hear you want to homeschool. Where I live which is where I graduated from is so low academically. I know I can do better for my kids. Besides I want them to learn their social skills and manners from me not the other kids at school, no telling how most of them act. Anyway, I use a curriculum but I work up my own lesson plans most of the time. I've been using Alpha Omega, my sister uses Abeka and Bob Jones. I think I'm switching to Abeka for next year. They are suppose to have a GREAT reading program. The teacher books usually have lesson plans in them, but since you homeschool for your specific child it's good to make your own based around them. Close to where I live every year in May is a homeschool book fair, booths are set up and it is so much fun. You can learn SO much. Visit www.homeschoolbookfair.org and find one in your area. It is so worth it. But a bit of advice, don't spend too much for Pre-K or K because this is when you learn how your child learns and what would be better for the two of you. It is hard but rewarding.
Okay, next I want to say something to ALL of you - I just joined up here this weekend and let me tell you the effect it has had on me. I don't know if I can put it in words. Before I joined up I never felt right, I mean I knew my duties of a sahm but that's all they were, were duties. I did them because I had to not because I wanted to. I've delt with for years trying to figure out my purpose for God. I want to know what I can do to bring others to know him. I have no gifts or talents. I'm stuck at home with kids, what can I do? Well, after reading all of your posts and just sitting back taking a look at your lives through words and smilies it hit me...I can do my duties because I WANT to. I can do them for the Glory of God. If I wake up every day with a smile on my face and do my sahm duties happily, my kids will see that, other people will see that and that may make others say, "Why are you so happy", "Don't you get bored", "How can you be happy doing that"? Then I can say to them, "it's because I'm doing it for God", "It's what God wants me to do". I know I'm just babbling but I wanted all of you to know that because of y'all it made me see this. For that I'm grateful.
And by the way, I'm down 1 lb.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:13 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Crystal- well I do not know much about Watkins, but I can tell you about the A Beka program. My children were not homeschooled, but have gone to a Christian elementary school (still have one there) that uses Bob Jones and A Beka. It is a challenging reading program. The great thing about Abeka is that all the program meshes....one course leads to another (the vocab/spelling list is in the reading program etc...). My kids learned well from it.
Well, the big guys just got home from softball/baseball......gotta go. Have a great nite!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:44 PM   #28  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Night

Hi there, I was just posting for the last time tonight. I think I've done pretty good today. Still didn't fit in exercise, but plenty of water, no snacking and smaller portions. Over all healthier choices.

Spryng - Thanks for chatting with me today in the chat room. I'm getting your Watkins catalog in the mail tomorrow. Let me know when you get it, I want to know what you think.

Candy - I'm getting your catalog out tomorrow as well. I'd like to know what you think. Let me answer any questions you may have.

Geri - Still proud of your weight loss, way to go.

Penny - I think you were leaving the chat room when I arrived, wish we could have chatted.

Good night girls.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #29  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal OK OK

GIVE ME IN ON THE CATALOGS IF IT IS OK!

I JUST SCANNED ALL THE WW INFO, if you still want it!
I am trying to get it emailed.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #30  
Movin' to the Country!

Crystal, congrats on the #1 loss and the kind words! Sounds like you are very motivated right now and I know you will be able to get that weight off this time!!!

I'm fixin' to head off to bed but I just wanted to say that I went to the office and checked on that postdated check receipt and sure enough, plain as day on the top of the receipt it said "Postdated until 3/26". I emailed my boss to own up to my mistake and ask if there was anything I could do as apparently this mistake caused the check to bounce. Ugh! I hate making mistakes!!! Anyhows, dinner was yum! The bread turned out good even though I skipped one of the risings due to time. My DH asked which bakery I got it from. Ha! Ok, well, I'm off. Hope everyone has a good night.