Old 03-28-2004, 03:29 AM   #16  

Phew!! I turn my back for 2 days and the site is full. Thanks girls for emails, I just could not get into 3Chicks but I notice SunnyD had a problem too. Page displayed was the grey one (nothing to do with Chicks site), the one when your computer times out and you have to log in again but it was only for here. I went straight to FitDay with no problem and this has happened a few times over the last year or so.
Willow, brilliant to see your posts again - you were missed. I do hope you can get your doctor to get his act together over the fatty tissue lump and do something concrete to reassure you. I have bought a smashing cook book by Sophie Grigson (her mum was a celebrated cook here too). Work colleagues love it too and I will look for nice fish recipies later and send you the best. It's not a diet cook book but down to earth and very tasty. As for plants on window sills, herbs grow lovely and so do peppers (bell peppers?). I grow tomatoes and cucumbers in container pots and put out on the patio when they get big. Recently I found an old packet of seeds 6 years old and following my rule of gardening 'march or die' scattered them in a tray in my greenhouse. 8 of them are now transplanted into pots and getting big and compact. I named them after friends in work which prompted a male colleague to as what colour was the sky in my world but he was happy and asked if he could have his own lettuce in pot to care for. Maybe got a convert here.
Welcome Connie, we are the same age and I have been here about a year. I live in the UK near London and need to lose around 15-20 lbs. I have gained 10lb since Xmas and I am a yo yo dieter. You will get the support you need here. How lovely that you have your dear GD living with you, I am a frustrated GM wanabee. If you are calorie counting, have you tried www.FitDay.com? Willow told me about it and it's a good site for calculating weight, calories eaten/burned etc.
Angel - Sad that your DIL has tried to turn little GD from your son, her poor little mind must be so confused. It is brilliant that your DS is trying so hard to stay on track, I really hope he makes it but living with you and DH in a loving family unit is a firm base to attack his problems. How are your DDs? When do they start more tests/treatments? You have had a rough couple of years but as my dear dad used to say, each time the sword goes into the fire, it comes out stronger.Did you enjoy your trip to the beauty parlour?
Sheila, I am sorry you are in so much pain and I agree with Willow, have another go at the authorities over disability allowance. Sounds like your DD was going through a depressed period in spite of your loving care, bless him. I wasn't able to be mischievious and eat pudding at the lunch to make the Atkins two jealous because they caved in and had sticky toffee pudding with Cornish clotted cream!! Other friend and I had warm waffles with chunky monkey ice cream with sliced banana and maple syrup. Four happy (and sleepy) workers went back wanting a siesta not work. I notice you like creme brulee, I love it but rest of family don't, same as rice pudding. My DD used to love watching Judge Judy on satellite when he visited. Really admired her and favourite phrase was "lying so-and-so, she'll sort him out". Ha ha. His kind of lady.
Bluet, you sure went to a lot of hard work over your DDs weddings. I am not very artistic so wouldn't trust myself to do anything like that. It's only in the last couple of years we have been able to get married in the UK in places other than church or a registry office (Government building). Now many places are licensed to perform marriage ceremonies and two colleagues at work are having theirs at hotels this year though I don't think you can have it performed at home yet. The farm cats sound adorable. I think it is still too soon for me to get another puss, I miss Alf so much and still expect him to come strolling round the back fence. All the tulips and daffodils we planted together last October are out (me planting and him messing about or doing little waterworks in the holes!).
Jacqui, you must have bags of energy having your dear GKs for a few days and I bet you slept well at night! You are not feeling sorry for yourself at all, it must be awful living with pain and I am very aware of how lucky I am not to be on any medication or have any ailments compared to the girls here. I can't imagine how miserable it must get at times and I don't think I would be brave coping with it. Try to make time just for yourself doing the things you like but don't get time for usually. How is your DM now? As for your MIL, I think that with my mum that she is sucking me dry at times and she will go on forever in the same mode.
SunnyD, glad to know it was not just me with the problem in accessing this site the other day. You are doing really well with your healthy regime and have inspired me to try again from today.
DH went to Holland on thursday and left for the middle east for 12 days on friday so I am hoping to eat sensibly now I have no excuse to eat forbiddens like slim-line hubby can and does. DD arrive friday night (her boyfriend drove her the 200 miles) to collect new car from the dealership. She was like a little girl so excited and I got tired of the number of thanks ha ha. She said she felt like a spoilt brat and I said she had never been that, ever. Always grateful for anything no matter how small and trivial. She left yesterday early evening and telephoned to say she had taken a wrong turning at motorway intersections which took her 30 mins the wrong way but said she didn't care she loved driving the car which she described as like a hire car all shiny and new. Bless her, I have forgotten what it was like to feel that way about a car, must come with age.
Sorry this is an epistle, two days away and heaps of posts! Great!
Best wishes to all, and thanks for emails when I had trouble getting in,
Fatpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:31 AM   #17  

Sheila, I am sorry you are not coming to the UK this year but you have a better thing to spend your money on with DDs wedding. I will just have to try and photo and post my feet to you on here, ha ha.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:49 PM   #18  

Default Hello Friends

I had a quiet day today.
I painted my nails green, and it probably sounds horrid, but the color matches a top I have on perfectly and it looks nice! this is kind of fun having time to mess around with my nails. never can do that when I'm working because they get all broken and chipped at work anyway.

Puss, good to see your post.
I was wondering what you thought of your little guru Richard Simmons slapping that man at the airport. My first mental image was of him in his little red shorts with his curls prancing over to the guy and slapping his face with his head tilted up.
Cool idea naming those plants after co-workers.

Hi Connie! Reading all your jobs I'm thinking, " this lady wears many hats!"
Calorie counting seems to work best for me too.
So, is your hubby going on this weight loss journey with you? you may have said already and I just don't remember. It sure makes it a lot easier if they join you doesn't it?

Today my grandson wanted some treats and I didn't have anything for him. All I had was fruit, apples, grapes and strawberries. He didn't want any of those though. I explained to him that I'm not going to have any of that stuff at my house anymore because then I eat it too and it's not good for anybody's health.
Now I suppose he won't want to come to grandma's house anymore. He's only 6 yrs old.
That must be a challenge to raise a grandchild when you thought you were all done raising kids.
My mom and Dad raised one of my brothers 3 children, and they never said it but I bet there were times when they were really tired out. Especially my mom.

Charlotte, glad you posted.
I hope everything turns out for the best with your son and DIL. All you can do is keep being loving to the kids and hope that eventually they will realize that your son isn't as bad as their mother is telling them.
How old are the kids? They must know how your son has been to them prior to the split up. Damned drugs!
Soc. Sec. told me that they don't pay anything at all until at least 5 months after the last month you have worked. I worked one day in March so they said the very earliest a determination would be made would be September.
Everyone has told me that I will be denied. All I can do is wait and try again if they deny me.

Sheila, I had to laugh at the thought of your daughter walking down the isle barefoot.
This time will fly by for you and you'll look back on it and think, well, .... maybe it wasn't so bad.

My son and daughter-in-law and grandson came for a couple hours this afternoon. I had ordered some things from my grandson for a fundraiser and now I can start to plant some herbs etc because I got some really pretty little pots.
I kept the pit from an avocado today and I'm going to see if I can get that to grow in a pot in the house until summer then move it outside for the summer.

I had an awesome salad for supper. I am so full now, but I'll gladly suffer like this.

Tomorrow is lots of phone time setting up appts and getting info etc.

Everybody have a great evening!
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:19 PM   #19  

Green means GO WIllow and you are certainly a go getter with your trendy polish! I have some blue and some green that were bought for me but am too lazy to change my polish for the outfit I wear ha ha. Your little GS should have been in my house tonight, I bought a huge bag of sweets from the pick-and-mix range and chose some adult chocolates and turkish delight and also the kiddie ones I like such as pink paste shrimps and fizzy bananas and marshmellow ice cream cones. You must let us know what herbs you grow in your pots when you decide. At the moment I have a huge load of basil growing but I cheated and bought it as a small plant at the supermarket. I don't recall hearing about Richard whacking some man at the airport. What was that all about?
Reason i am late posting tonight instead of early morning is I was up till very late as mum took another o/d and poor brother had to attend to ambulance then on to hospital etc. I had spoken to her in the morning and same old stuff but as usual hysterical weeping and I couldn't understand her. Told her gently that I was hanging up and to call me back when she was calmer. I never heard from her all day and there was no answer when I rang at 7 last night. Sometimes she stays over on sunday night with her sister but I rang my DB and he said he would swing by her house to check. Very drowsy and slurring in bed and empty tablets on the bedside table. Been through this before and medics didnt think it an emergency. She knew from the last time that the sleeping tablets were not the dangerous ones but the anti-depressants and she hadn't taken them at all. She was kept in a regular hospital overnight and today she is back in the pyschiatric unit she usually goes in to. She does not like the staff or doctor there but she is so rude to them on occasions I can't blame them. Also, after a day or so there she is right as rain. Already tonight she has been criticising my DB - I am sure she is using my DB as a substitute husband as she nags him (or tries to) the way she did my DD though DB is no pushover like dad was. Have realised there is no solution to this at all and will end only when one of us (probably not her) kicks the bucket. Never mind. Reason for telling you this tedious tale is to excuse myself in advance if I am not on the site for the next few days. I will probably have to drive up there for the weekend as my brother said he could do with some support - although she will probably be in the unit for a few weeks, he has the busy end of it up there, I just get the phone calls. I hope to be able to be here each day but just in case something crops up I wouldn't like you to think I just can't be bothered. x
Old 03-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #20  

Default Hello Friends

Today was a pretty good day.
I had programmed my one VCR to tape a program that comes on at 5 AM in case I would happen to be asleep at that time, which doesn't happen very often, and during the night last night the cable company changed the line-up of all the channels. So, I had to re-do it , but that wasn't too bad.
I just have to learn the new line-up now.

My 12-year old grandson rode his bike up here today and watched movies and visited for about 3 hours. COOL! I love it! Then before he left he asked if there was anything I needed to have done. He's such a sweety!

Foods were good today, if too much.

Wednesday one of my other sons is coming from out of town with his 2 boys to spend the day. can't wait.
Everybody is on spring break.

Puss, Thanks for letting us know what may be up for the next few days.
too bad your Mother is so emotionally unstable, but, you also know don't you that you can't own any of that. Certainly none of it is anybody's fault, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it, so maybe it would be a good idea for your brother to stay away from her as long as she's in the psychiatric unit and take a break for himself. Tell the staff there that she is not to be calling the family until they have her stable. You both need a break and I would think the staff and Drs there need time to counsel her also. Heck, .... enjoy a few days reprieve!

I should have edited last nights post to say I ended up nibbling away at that blasted seafood salad last night until I had the whole thing gone! 1800 calories worth! And that wasn't the whole days worth of calories either! Just the salad! here piggy, piggy, piggy!!

Hi to all!

Everybody have a good evening!
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:52 PM   #21  

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what good I'll be, had another rough day at work. I'll just keep typing see what happens.

I got up very early this morning, because I had a seven o'clock appointment to have my car greased and the oil changed. DH kept pestering me because I had gone more than 3,000 miles since the last oil change and grease. so to get him off my back so to speak I made an appointment for this morning. He kept telling me he couldn't see what the milage was on the sticker, since the last time I had the car in, because the sun had faded it so badly it wasn't legible. That's how long it had been. So it is done now. They also rotated the tires and told me I needed a new battery, because the battery had a black eye instead of a green eye. Yeah, right like I knew what that meant. Well, I knew I didn't want to be stranded someplace so I had that replaced too. The battery was $75.75. A simple oil change turned into a $160.00 car bill. It is always that way, that is why I hate taking the car in in the first place.

Willow, I have never worn green nail polish in my entire life. You are very adventurous. I just go pale pink, once in awhile for occasions. I don't wear much jewlery either, just my rings and I have never had my ears pierced. I think I am the only person I know without pierced ears. I always thought, "Oh no, another thing for me to worry about remembering when I get dressed to go someplace." Sounds like the Spring bug has bitten you with the desire to plant and see things growing. It hasn't hit me yet, but DH and I were out raking until it got dark. Even though we have a big yard, having two adult retrievers can play havoc on the yard all winter. A big Yellow Lab boy and a shy brown Chesapeake Bay Retriever girl. The Lab is our sons, the Lab got too big to have in the city and the Chessie is mine, only because I saw her at the animal shelter and felt sorry for her. I was sitting on a chair in the viewing room and when she came in she ran over and put her head on my lap, well how was I suppose to leave her there? she's been attached to me ever since. We built a large kennel and have an insulated dog house large enough for both of them to stay in, so they do fine out doors. I hope things work out for you with the disability, the sooner the better.

Puss, My you have your hands full. I just don't know how you handle all of this so well. If you have to go, you have to go and you know we will all be here when you get back. I watched Mrs. Bucket, lady of the house Saturday evening. She is such a riot. Her poor suffering husband. The Office is going to start from the beginning on April 1st. I think I will start watching it to see if it is anything like the office I work in. The show or the actors, don't remember which, won two American awards here this year. I didn't end up watching hardly any television on Saturday. I felt like a quite day and ended up working mostly be myself without any back ground noise going on. Did not see hide nor hair of grandson or grandaughter from next door, they must have been doing something to keep them pretty busy. The other three grandsons were in Florida at Disney World last week. I am sure they had a good time. Best of luck handling Mom this week.

Connie, welcome to our little group glad you want to join us. I live on a farm in Wisconsin with my husband. We no longer farm, but still work the land and rent the barn to a neighbor who raises young stock here. We have three daughters and one son. We have seven grandchildren, four boys and 3 girls. The girls are starting to catch up. We had only grandson for the longest time. They love to come to the farm and stay overnight or the weekend to see what grandma and grandpa are up to. DH and I work full time off of the farm.

Shiela, glad to see the wedding plans are moving right along. Hope you are feeling better health wise. Charlotte, best wishes to you and your family. SunnyD, your such a busy girl, been awhile since we heard from you. Jacquie, how's the babysitting going?

Take care everyone.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, gosh, Puss, I'm sorry about your Mom. As Willow said, you cannot own any of that. Hopefully I won't offend you when I say that your Mom is like the black hole of attention-seeking, and that nobody can fill her up. I'm mixing metaphors here, I'm sure, but I'm betting you understand. There just has to be some kind of therapy that will help her. Tell the darn shrinks to force her to get out and do something with herself! I feel bad for you and your brother, and for your mother, too, who appears to have her physical health, but for some reason won't make the most of it.

Hey, I'm really going to miss not being greeted at Heathrow by a short barefoot woman waving her feet and a sign that says "I'm Fatpuss!"

Willow, you kill me--green finger nail polish! If only my nails would grow because I would love to paint them. Even green! Do you like the nail art that some women have? I love it, especially around Christmas when I see Christmas trees on nails, and holly and ribbons. I imagine that kind of stuff costs a pretty penny, but it would be fun to have it done.

What a great grandson you have--asking if there was anything he could do. That kid's definitely a keeper!

Bluet, don't you hate it when the bill for the oil change gets that high, especially if you have a coupon? My DH always takes the car in for one of those $15.95 oil changes and ends up with a bill that's five times that amount. It's so frustrating, but I have a phobia about driving over that big hole in the ground so I let him do the oil change. Speaking of cars, the repair for the ding on our trunk is going to be $562. OUCH! My son told me that's with the "Mommy" discount. I didn't feel like I could go out and get bids because he'd be offended.

I couldn't get into The Office, but I watched Trust with Robson Greene (I think that's his name) one time and liked it. I always liked him in Touching Evil--I haven't watched the American version yet. I also watched part of McCallum with John Hanna (the younger gay guy from Four Wedding and a Funeral), and like that, too. Love his accent, and when I was married before, my name was McCallum.

Well, as I'm about to sign the contract for the reception site, my daughter calls to tell me that they have to change the date. Her fiance got his orders, and he's supposed to be deployed sometime before the year's end so they want to move the date up, or push it back. I will know tomorrow. It's really hard planning around the schedules of two military people.

SunnyD, Charlotte, and Jacquie, hope you're doing okay. Has spring sprung where you guys live? My tulips came out yesterday and look wonderful. It was a record high today. That's all I heard--have to wait until 11:00 pm to find out what the high was. Tomorrow is rain. Oh, well.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #23  

Hi all !!!

I had a terrible time finding this site .....don't know why but thank goodness I did.
Babysitting is over....lots of fun but boy was I tired!!

I didn't have a chance to post right away...one of my former co-workers and a very good friend passed away suddenly after a 2 week illness. The funeral was yesterday so things have been hectic to say the least. The traumas never seem to end.

I will post is the morning after I have read this thread (#13). I was stuck on 12 and couldn't find it so now I should be OK.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Jacquie
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:13 AM   #24  

Willow, Sheila and Bluet thanks for support and sound comments, appreciate them very much.
Willow, I told my brother to visit the unit every other day not every day and he has started doing that. There is no patients phone in this new ward she is on so I rang the office one and the nurse mother detests brought her to the phone. she was very guarded and i asked her if it was because the nurse was with her and she said yes. Very difficult really as i now worry she is feeling isolated and abandoned yet she has been very rude and personal to this particular nurse who has been ok with me. I asked my brother to take her mobile phone in if it's allowed. I looked up fish recipies in my book for you and whether it's because I am not a fish lover, or what, I didn't fancy any of them and certainly couldn't recommend any to you. All seemed a lot of messing about with different herbs etc for very little at the end of it all. Your dear GS sounds a love, how long does it take for him to bike over to your house?
Bluet, I know all about garage bills which is why I have bought two almost new cars for the kids - their old cars were money pits! With our compulsory annual road test certificate here, I always have each car serviced at the same time as the test with any faults rectified. Bills never less than 130 pounds and often 300. Your retrievers sound lovely but they would be pushed for space in my garden ha ha. The Office is an acquired taste, I loved it but my brother didn't. David Brent the office manager is such a monster, yet deeply insecure, I think we have all met someone like him at work. It is done documentary style but I loved it.
Sheila, good job you hadn't signed the contract for the reception with the change of dates now. It must be really difficult in the forces planning ahead and never knowing where you will be at that time. I loved your expression 'black hole of attention seeking' it sums it all up really. Wasn't McCallum the name of the blonde bloke in Man from Uncle, David McCallum alias Illya Kuryakin? His wife in real life, Jill Ireland, left him for Charles Bronson.(usless piece of information there). My wallflowers are now in bud but disaster with the lettuces transplanted into individual pots. All the leaves have collapsed and wilted and look like they are dying yet were so healthy in the shallow, crowed little tray. Have I overwatered them? Help, I need advice and look very silly now as I promised them to their namesakes. All is lost on the lettuce front I fear. How is poor Pooch doing now? I know Alfie had another four good months after he was 'hospitalised' on a drip for a weekend but the second time we tried it, it didn't work as his kidneys were too bad. Such a shame when our animals don't live as long as us.
Jacqui, I am sorry about your friend. Two weeks is not time enough notice to do and say all the things one would like to do before leaving loved ones behind.Better than lingering for months in pain, I know, but so sudden is really sad.
Have a right dilemma this weekend. I feel I should go up north to visit my mother even if it's only for a few hours each day but had a call from the chap who is selling the car we are buying for DS saying all the little bits and pieces like small dent and few scratches are being done by garage and should be ready Friday or Saturday. Also, brother asked if I fancy our bi-annual trip to France this weekend. I would really like a quite one in the garden and plant all the stuff I bought the last few weeks as I worked the whole of last weekend finishing audit reports on my laptop. Yesterday was the cut off date and I got it all done, thankfully. Today I have it easy, an area meeting held at a venue near me - but miles away from the office and everyone complaining about the travel involved, ha ha. now they know why I didn't want my office to close when I had to join their branch near Heathrow!
Angel, SunnyD and Bluet and Connie, hope you are all well and having a good Wednesday.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #25  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking It's me... SunnyD

A very Good Morning Ladies!!

Forgive me for being MIA the last few weeks... I have found it very difficult to juggle all I have going in a day these days!! And now with Easter coming we are even busier We had a 2 hour practice last night for our Easter Sunday Celebration... I just love Easter! As much as I do Christmas
Both a symbol of birth and rebirth... new beginnings

I am doing well and still losing A bit slower but it is still coming off... I am down to 198 even now and am working so hard exercising each day and drinking plenty of water and watching my portions at mealtime. Although, today I have decided to take a rest from exercise. I am feeling very tired today. So I am staying home and changing out bed sheets and catching up with some house cleaning --- have floors to wash too. The boys (my cats) are shedding their winter coats and I have to keep after them or it will be all over the place. I hate seeing their fur floating in my kitchen!! Thank the Lord for Swiffer!!!! Really works well for lifting their fur.

The program I am on takes allot of time because I am cooking allot and I also belong to their Forum, so it's been taking up allot of my time also. I am so very sorry I never made it back here to post. I just finished reading --- whew --- I think I have been sitting here for better then 40min. just trying to catch up with you gals

*~*~*

SHEILA,
When my DFIL was alive he use to feel like he was a nuisance also... he wasn't but he felt that way. I think if any one of us were in there positions we'd probably feel the same way. No one wants to be a burden on anyone. Well, most anyway... my heart goes out to PUSS with her DM problems!

Sounds like your DD's wedding is coming along... did she ever get her pictures that were lost in the mail? As far as her dress... I paid $100.00 for my dress and $25.00 for my vail total! I bought it at a second hand shop and it was very pretty on me. Weddings are so very costly these days, I didn't do half of what they do today in planning and we are happy I sure do hope you will be able to provide for her needs without having to go into the poor-house Sure hope that you will post some wedding pictures when the time comes --- sure would love to see!!!

Yes! Joe & I spent the whole weekend outdoors this weekend clearing up the yard from winter. We had some beautiful weather all weekend!! Sunday went up to 70*!! So clear and sunny - just beautiful! My daffodils are up about 6" and I see buds beginning. We are in the midst of rain storms now and for the next few days, but I don't mind...
it is Spring

WILLOW,
It is so good to see you back! I can barely keep up with you girl!!! When will you be 60 in April????

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your children and g-children. I can tell you that those boys will never forget the time you spent with them shopping or otherwise... my nephews remember to this day the things I did when them when they were young. You are very Special to them all!!! Believe me ~ none of your g-children will ever forget the time you took out to spend with them.

You don't think the pool-therapy will help you? I have heard allot of great things about pool-therapy from the ladies here that go. I have chatted with them at the Curves I go to... and they said if it weren't for that therapy they would have never been able to do Curves. I do hope it helps you too. It is a shame you have to wait till May 18th to go to the Mayo Clinic. Will you have a biopsy on the lumps in your leg? Safe then sorry is what I believe.

Thank you for the 'pat-on-the-back' on my weight loss! It always is great to hear And you mentioned that there's nothing on TV ~ how right you are!!!! All the stations we have and nothing to watch! Everything is in reruns already!!!! So frustrating... I was just complaining to my DM the other day about it. And then... ... ... they move the programs around so much I forget to watch them because I forgot it was ON that night! I have basically given up! I am "in bed" by 9/9:30 now and don't even set the deck anymore.

ANGEL,
I am so sorry to hear of your DS's problems... please KNOW that I hold him and his family in my *prayers*!!!!

You mentioned that you didn't have any help from family or friends now that you need it for your home ---- same thing happened to my hubby & I! We have ALWAYS been there for each of Joe's family members when they moved and when we moved into this place and placed calls for help, they were all busy and couldn't be there! Joe has a very large family too! Joe & I ended up moving ourselves into our home --- rented a truck and actually moved all the furniture in ourselves (do you know how heavy a hide-a-bed sofa is! !?). I was stronger then, sure couldn't do that now! But we never forgot how abandoned we felt when we needed a hand. I sure do hope someone comes through for you both. Sad how things work, huh.

BLUET,
Thanks so much for your kind wishes as well... so far all is going well on my program (lost a total of 18.5lbs now). It's so nice to see I have been missed here I think I just felt overwhelmed with trying to catch up with all the posting. I have been so tired by the end of a day - I rarely post in the evenings now. And didn't even read any of the posts till this morning, I am sorry to say. I have missed you all very much (!) just felt like I could never catch up with you all.

I saw the movie "Second Hand Lions" - just a wonderful movie! I bought it for my folks and they loved it as well! I haven't seen "Under the Tuscan Sun" yet, but have heard that it is great... now you have given it your high-five, so off I will go to rent it this weekend

I am sorry that you are having some rough days! Maybe you long for some sunshine... no? I know how hard it is on 'me' when we don't have sun around for a long time. I felt like a new person over the weekend working in the yard and sunshine! I so miss it! And cannot wait to be out in the gardens over the summer.

Hey there CONNIE,
So good to see you posting here You will love these gals! They are the best! I am not 50 yet (only 47), but they have welcomed me with "open arms" Connie, when is your birthday in September? I like keeping track

PUSS,
Thanks for your encouragement as well....

I so wish there was something I could do to help you with your DM! My Heart and *Prayers* go out to you!!!! It is so very hard because you love her, but may not like her ways... and that's okay. That's how we felt with DFIL too... he did allot of things we didn't agree with, but it was his choice to do and he had to cope with the results. We tried to help when we could, but in some area's it best to rely on experts to help and believe me we did. As I said, you are in my *prayers*!!!!
{{{Big Warm Hugs}}} for you sweetie!

And JACQUIE,
I am so very sorry I was MIA on your birthday! I do hope you had a Wonderful day!!!
Belated "Happy Birthday" wishes for you

*~*~*

Well gang... I really have allot to do again today, so off I go
It has been great catching up with you all --- I hope to not be away so long next time. I will do my very best to keep up... sometimes it is hard because our days are so very busy & as it gets nicer out I find I spend less time on the computer.

See you soon!
{{{Luvs & Hugs}}}
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 03-31-2004 at 09:08 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:02 AM   #26  

Red face Added Message to all you wonderful people!

Hi again Gals,

As you can see I am home today

I was just reading over the posts from the last Thread and wanted to be sure and "Thank-you" ~All~ again for the support and encouragement you gave me when I posted my news of being in "ONE-derland"... I just could not have done it without all your prayers, support and encouragement! Not to mention the "atta-girl's" I remember the day I came home from Curves all sad and bummed out. Reading your post encouraged me to hang in there! Now I am feeling so strong and ready for this challange because of you...

*May the Lord Bless you all a whole lot *
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Puss, maybe the lettuce is just suffering some transplant shock and will be okay eventually. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case! And, hey, I'd opt for the trip to France for the weekend--sounds like fun and you could use some fun about now.

SunnyD, you're doing so well! Congratulations! Sounds like you've been awfully busy, but still not too busy to stick to your weight loss plan. That's exciting.

Jacquie, I'm so sorry about your friend. What a shock that must have been. I'm glad that you were able to find this thread. Whoever does #14 should post a link to the last thread. I didn't, but I didn't know it would be closed.

My birthday present showed up today. His name is Andrew. Now, get your mind out of the gutter! He does landscape stuff for us, and for my birthday, I wanted my DH to get Andrew to finish up the flowerbeds that DH and I started last year. Now I'll have to think of something to plant in them. My tulips look spectacular in the beds that we finished last summer, and I'm going to the tulip festival on Monday so we'll order more to plant next October. I think I'll just put some "happy flowers" in the beds, like dahlias and gladiolas. I always think of them as being cheerful. And maybe some delphiniums. It will be kind of a hodgepodge of flowers that I like rather than something a designer would do. The landscape person that we're hiring to plant our front yard is coming by tomorrow with her rock guy. The rock guy is going to make a walkway and small patio (large enough for a cafe table and two chairs), and the landscape crew is going to plant according to the plan that the landscape designer did last fall. I think I have some photos of what it looked like before (a weed patch) so I'll post before/after photos once it's done. I'm excited about it.

My DH and I did water aerobics today. It's tougher than I thought. He lagged at the end of class, but I was still going pretty strong, which I attribute to my 3X a week land aerobics. I might pay for it in the morning, though, because that resistance kind of sneaks up on you.

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:18 AM   #28  

Unhappy Jacquie

Dear JACQUIE,
I am so very sorry for your loss... somehow I missed reading the postings just before mine! I just don't know how I do that --- I am rushing I guess. I feel badly. Again... I am so very sorry for your loss.

Last year my hubby & I lost 3 Dear Friends and 2 Dear Family members all within months of one another. And just a few weeks ago we found out that one of our pianist at our chuch has cancer and will not live, it has already invaded her liver. She is such a Dear Person! *Prayers* for she and her family would be much appreciated... as I will lift you and your DFriends up as well.

So my heart does go out to you in your sadness
*May the Lord Surround You in the Peace & Comfort of His Arms*
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-01-2004, 08:11 AM   #29  

Wink Sheila

Good Morning SHEILA,
Thank-you so much for the encouragement... I feel like I need it today. I have had a struggle the last couple days with my WOE. But I am still focused with my exercises... so there I am fine. Just have to get back on track with my WOE and will today. If the rain would just let up a little I could get out and walk... cannot wait for the sunshine and warmth to kick in and stay with us.

You are too funny... so you have a Landscaper & Co. for your birthday gift, Nice Gift!! I remember a summer when my girlfriend & I use to get on the phone (we lived across the street from one another) every time our neighbor's Landscaper & crew came over (over several weeks) and we'd chat about them. When he & the crew got there the first thing they would do is remove their shirts (they knew they were being watched ). Yes, I am a Christian and I have a great hubby, but I am not dead They were very easy on the eyes and the two of us enjoyed watching & chatting while they worked in her yard

Your soon to be gardens sound so beautiful!!! I love dahlias & delphiniums!! Just love them and so do the butterflies! The path & cafe table and two chairs sound perfect! Sounds like a garden I would envy. You must get some pictures of your gardens before & once they have finished and maybe even one of your Landscaper & crew too

This is my second attempt in trying to post to you this morning... I got some sort of error thingy and it wiped out the whole post and closed the window before I could do a copy of what I posted... so frustrating!

You have a wonderful day today!!!
*God Bless*

SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-03-2004 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #30  

Hello,

Well, the sun is out today, but the temp is only 46 degrees. I must admit though, the daffodiles are peaking through the ground, another week and they will be up and about to bloom.

Did you all get a new Easter outfit to wear on Easter? I didn't yet, I don't know if I will. I have a blue dress that I wore last year, got hardly any wear out of it, perhaps no one will remember it. It should fit me better this year with my weight loss. I better try it on just in case. We are going to go out for brunch. All the kids are coming home, except our oldest, who always goes to her in-laws for Easter. I like Easter, because it is just a one day holiday and Summer can't be far behind. Sometimes Easter is on my birthday and some times my birthday is on Good Friday. Good Friday is o.k., but it is not a happy day that's for sure. My birthday is April 20th and my Mother's is April 23rd. She always said she had me for her birthday, I am her first child. DH and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary soon which is April 25th.

I really hope the weather co-operates this weekend, so I can work on the garage. Sweep out all the winter dirt and get the lawn mowers out of there and the Christmas lights put away. We have a little bit of raking left to do too. Sheila, send your landscapers over to my house when they are done at your house. Although, I think it won't be warm enough for them to go without shirts.

I did a lot of picture sorting last weekend. I bought those photo boxes and put each child's and grandchild's name on the front and sat at the kitchen table and sorted photos appropriately. I had really let the photo filing and labeling go since I started working full-time, but I just about have that project done. I can tell when the children all got digital camera's there are less pictures since then. DH said, why don't you wait to do this stuff when you retire. I had to think about that, I guess I just got it into my head to do it now, especially since I found a lot of the photos in the storage room. It seems right to get it organized now for some reason.

Well, I hope you all had a good Thursday and I hope Friday is even better.
Take care all.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote