Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #31  
I will make it!

Default Its Friday

Its friday! I love fridays...Sorry...cant curb my enthusiasm.

I cheated a little last night..I had a peanut butter cookie and 50 grams of dark chocolate. I was talking to Ivano and he said he ate his dark chocolate bar and that it was so good..Of course I immediately remember that I too had my chocolate bar ...so down the hatch it went

Anyway, I wont beat myself up about it...I took in 1684 calories last night because of it but today I will be at 1154 ...so it all evens itself out.

Meal Plan For The Day

breakfast: 1/2 cup of all bran with one cup of skim milk
lunch: tuna on protein bread
dinner: scallops and shrimp with chinese broccoli
snacks: sugarless jello, yogurt, mixed berries and a tangerine
beverages: water, diet soda, coffee and white tea.

Well thats it folks...have a super duper great weekend. I will be back on Monday to post if I have budged from my 173 pounds (as per my new digital scale) My old one had me at 169.

Later

Cyan
Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #32  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all--I survived another week! Miki--Oh, my gosh--and I thought I've been dealing with stress! Prayers to you and everyone around you who has been dealing with any type of loss, no matter how large or small, recently! What an explosion of sorrow! You be sure to take care of yourself in any way you can. It's good that you took some time away from the grief with your children--one can only take so much in a short period of time.

Happy Birthday, Reina_Mia and Cyan!! It's cool to find people with birthdays near my own. Unfortunately, I didn't have the lovely relaxing birthday I was hoping to have--it was one of those days when everything went wrong--I started my day still stressed out from the previous week, plus having a good case of PMS. Then before noon I discovered that I would have to take my car to the shop AGAIN because the "door ajar" switch was broken, and I couldn't get the dome light to go off. I ended up yanking out the bulb so my battery wouldn't go down before it got to the shop (left it there Sunday night--got the car back Tuesday). Then before the day ended, a rented video tape got stuck in our VCR, and we couldn't get it out. We took the tape, machine and all, to the rental place--if the tape was going to be broken, we figured they could break it themselves. We'd rather buy a new player (we want a DVD anyway) than pay for a tape that wasn't ours. As of this morning, no one has been able to get the tape out of the machine!!! Then add to that a crabby hubby with a bad tooth--not my best birthday. I wasn't able to rest this week either, because my quarter grades were due on Thursday, and I wasn't caught up on all my work. I survived all that, got my period on Wednesday, which took care of my crabbiness, dealt with the fifth grade's usual Friday antics, and hubby had his tooth out yesterday, plus a bone graft because part of his jawbone had to be taken along with the tooth. He is medicated and mellow, and has two NASCAR races to watch on TV this weekend, so I am pretty much on my own, except for occasional dispensing of medicine and chores that I can do on my own time. I do have a menstrual migraine, but I can deal with that. Food this week has been so-so--sometimes I ate for convenience and at times for stress. I did try to be healthy, but it's just been rough lately. Luckily, I have only 3 more days till Spring/Easter break. We're off from Thursday, April 8, till Monday, April 19. I plan to rest, clean house, shop with my girls, and avoid schoolwork as much as possible. I plan to walk as much as I can and work in my garden, now that it's warming up enough to clean up winter debris, rake leaves, and trim dead foliage from flowers (most of this trimming I do in the fall, but there are a few flowers I grow that survive winter better if I leave their dead branches on to catch dead leaves and snow that insulate the roots). Hopefully I won't get sick or anything like that once I relax, which can sometimes happen after a very stressful period. On the last day of school before vacation, I really won't let up on my students' structure, beyond giving them an Easter coloring page and some candy treats. I have tests and quizzes scheduled for the whole day. This group just can't be given a loose structure. I am very pleased with my new schedule begun this week where I teach them math, instead of the fourth grade teacher doing it. I am able to accomplish much more in my room, and the kids are much more focused, when they are in a self-contained environment for most of the day.

Well, I'm going to get going. I've got to head to the bank and get a few groceries. Then I'm going to take a nap. No church this evening--we'll save that for Sunday morning this week--usually we go on Saturday night. See you all later.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #33  

Hi Ladies,

Miki, I am so sorry for your loss...please know you are in my prayers.

On a happy note....Happy birthday everyone! Reina, your menu made my mouth water...the cheesecake is my downfall! Newie, during spring break you need to treat yourself to belated birthday gift ..buy some chai tea (good earth brand is great) buy a small box of godiva choclate, one perfect rose, and a small votive lavender candle..make yourself a "birthday altar" and celebrate all the wonderful things the past 48 years has brought you.

Cyan, I had a scale like yours for a week until it broke last month and it would give me different weights too, I just took the average ffor the week and hoped I was losing weight depending on how my clothes fit. Love your menus!

Cjunk keep wearing the skinny pants they will keep you honest.

Well, past week was super busy...getting ready for trip to florida and trying to lose to fit in my bathing suit...I am down to 130...my tummy is still here but I brought lots of body shapers so ...I also joined LA fitness and hopefully will go when I get back from vacation. My extreme makeover is on track..trying to exercise and eat better, my highlights came out good this time and using some wrinkle products. I also found a great dress for the wedding..it is pale blue silk sleeveless with a pale blue silk jacket, I got it at Talbots where all there sizes run big but....drumroll please it is a size six! It is cut A-line so it hides lots of figure flaws, I am wearing it with an antique peal and glass bead necklace, these great earrings that were marked down form $100 to $5! and an antique beaded bag from the 1930's...now the quest is for the perfect shoes!
Old 04-04-2004, 05:52 PM   #34  

Hello everyone

Hope all of you had a nice weekend. I did...I surprised Phil Friday after work. He thought we were going out of town to eat Mexican food but actually I had reservations for the entire weekend in a King suite at Holiday Inn there. Had everything packed and in the truck of my car. My in-laws kept the kids. Just got home today. We had planned to do something for Valentine's day then decided to wait for my birthday but that was when my uncle got his bad report. We said we would do it maybe in June for our anniversary, but I decided I didnt want to wait that long. Thought we needed a break from the stress around here lately. So anyway, he was very surprised..I've never done that before, and it was a fun time for us. We ate at a Japanese Steak House for the first time where they cook it all at your table. That was a cool experience and the food was great.

Ok Cyan, just to explain again..my nephew had his surgery on the weekend we were supposed to be having a family birthday party for my 3 yr old niece, then my uncle, my dad's brother got his bad report that same week then died 2 weeks later. That same week of his report, my aunt (not his wife, but the wife of my dad's other brother) had a heart attack. She was in intensive care until she died this past week. Uncle Lonnie(66 yrs old) died on a Sunday and then on Monday, a week later, Aunt Joyce( 62 yrs old) died. Two funerals in two weeks. Oh and Aunt Joyce's mother's funeral was the day Joyce had her heart attack so she missed her mom's funeral! Uncle Charles(joyce's husband) had to miss his mother-in-laws and his brother's funeral because of staying with his wife in the hospital. Now that she died, he is having to deal with the realization of all 3 situations at once.

Anyway, hopefully that's the end of things like that for a LONG time!!!

Maybe now I will be able to get in here more regularly. Once again, I am starting tomorrow to get back on track. I didnt even try this weekend. Gotta get motivated AGAIN! I dont know why it is sooo hard this time around!! Why cant I get back what I had a year ago??? Back then I was totally hyped up about eating right and exercise and lost 50 lbs because of it. Now I just seem to be in a rut. Dont worry, I wont give up, but I need lots of inspiration and maybe butt-kicking from all of you!

Better run for now, but I'll be back tomorrow with a report of how I did. Hopefully I'll have a positive report.

Ya'll have a great Monday!

MIKI
Old 04-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #35  

Oops...I should proofread before I hit "Send". I had the stuff packed and in the TRUNK of my car..not the TRUCK...LOL
Old 04-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #36  

Default Hi Everyone

I am so sorry to hear about all of the losses. Big hugs to everyone and my condolences. It sounds like it has been a stressful week for most. MikiG, you did the right thing in going away and giving yourself and your hubbie some time alone together. It will help to rejuvinate you after all of the loss. Remember not to be too hard on yourself. Remember that somehow through it all you managed to walk.

Newie-also sounded like a challenging week. Hopefully you will be able to take some "me" time once it is all over.

Cyan, don't focus on the scale--they are just numbers. Remember how you told me that you feel healthier, get sick less and know that your body is responding positively to everything you are doing?? That's what counts!! That cannot even begin to be quantified!

Debee-Congratulations on moving towards your goals! Your makeover sounds like a lot of fun and your outfit sounds beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Sunny Florida.

Happy Birthday to all of you born in April!! Mine is coming up in mid-May!

Went to an "eating celebration" today--actually it was an engagement party for my fiance's sister who got engaged a week after we did. There was tons of food and I had a little bit of everything but nothing in excess. Gotta get back to the gym tomorrow. Again only made it for 2 days instead of 3 or 4 which I would like to accomplish. I have eaten some junk food a bit this past week as well and feeling guilty about it. I have to keep reminding myself that my sloth of the winter may not be as easy as changing my habits overnight as I would like it to be--but I will keep at it!! Baseball starts in May 2x per week so that should kick me into a better routine. I have realized that I am pretty addicted to television and trying to do something about that too...not sure what yet because there are some educational shows I really love.

Gotta go!

Cjunk
Old 04-05-2004, 09:35 AM   #37  

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note..

.Miki, that was a great idea...you needed the break!
I will get you motivated again...when you go to take a bite of something you shouldn't... remember I am on your shoulder (please don't push me off and take the cookie instead)

Cjunk, everyone needs to cheat a little just get back in those skinny pants!

Leaving for Florida...naples and south beach...great resort areas and I just brought some new clothes that I would not normally wear for the trip...the new me!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #38  
I will make it!

Default Happy Monday Ladies

First off...Oh my Miki...sorry to hear about your family losses...your poor uncle..I hope he has support to deal with all this too. I send you and your family a big hug

And good on you for taking a break from reality and going away with your Hubby.

Hey Debee have fun in Florida..let us know how it went and what you did..you know ...the details

Cjunk...thank you for your thought about the scale. It makes sense but now the scale is showing me a loss too. Just to recap...I had my old analog scale and when I had my official weight..it said I was up to 178...two weeks later I was down to 169 on phase one of southbeach...when I moved onto phase two of southbeach I decided to buy a digital scale and by the end of week one of phase two I was weighing 176 on the new digital scale. Anwyay, I just weighed myself on the digital scale after another week on phase two and the scale is showing 172 pounds this morning!!! But I could already tell I am losing because my clothes are looser and fitting better. So its all good...two things could have happened..I may have gained back the water weight I lost on phase one of the diet and now I am losing real fat and not just water or my other scale weighed me lighter and I was actually more than 178 In anycase, I am going by what the new digital scale says...and it says 172

Anyway, I didnt go to work this morning...I woke up with a sinus infection..running a fever and feeling chilled so I decided to stay home and sleep it off. But tomorrow I wil be back at work..and I probably wont take friday off since it is a holiday but work it so that I dont lose two days of pay this week.

With taxes coming in the mail anytime soon, paying my accountant, renewal of my driver's liscence and my birthday...I see lots of money flowing out of my pocket book. Ugh!

Hey Newie and fellow Aries chick..thanks for the well wishes. And I just got myself a dvd player too..its my birthday gift to myself and Ivano bought me the windsor pilates dvd's workout kit..so I will be working out to them once this sinus infection clears up and I get my strenght back.

Have a great day everyone...oops I almost forgot

breakfast: cheese stick and 2 cups of grapefruit juice.
lunch: whole wheat spaghetti with bolognese sauce...lots of meat for protein.
dinner..I think I will have a home made soup. It is made with lots of rapini...green leafy vegetable that has lots of nutrients.
snacks: one cup of mixed berries

I need the extra vitamin C so I had two cups of grapefruit juice this morning.

Ok Ladies have a great day

Cyan
Old 04-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #39  
I will make it!

Hey Girls

Second attempt...I just lost my first post mid way...Ugh!

Anyway, I was saying that I am at work although still sick but I will go home if I feel worse.

This morning as I was getting dressed...I got the urge to step on the digital scale...I guess I wanted to see if its true that you lose weight when you are sick..well...it showed 170.5 down from 172. I am not considering this my true weight because I could be dehydrated or I could be losing muscle mass from not exercising. In any case, I will weigh in again next monday for my true weight.

Meal Plan for the day

breakfast: all bran with banana and skim milk
lunch: chicken breast with black bread
dinner: not sure yet
snacks: sugarless yogurt and probably some kind of fruit.

Well I gotta get going

later ladies

Cyan
Old 04-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #40  
I will make it!

Its wednesday..where is everybody?

Anyway, I am still recuperating from my sinus cold but feeling much better as the days roll on by.

My meal plan for the day
breakfast: all bran with skim milk
lunch: chicken breast with bok choy and broccoli and maybe 2 slices of black bread
dinner: pork loin grilled in a mustard garlic sauce with snow peas
snacks: sugarless yogurt and sugarless ice cream
beverages: water, diet soda, and green or white tea

Have a great day everyone and get yer butts back in here

Cyan
Old 04-07-2004, 12:27 PM   #41  
Changing the things I can

Hi Cyan,
That garlic mustard sauce sounds really really good! Would you mind posting the recipe? Or, send it to me PM??
Thanks a bunch! Bet it's so good with that pork... Gotta get that at the store next time!
Thanks again,
Stefanie
Old 04-07-2004, 01:22 PM   #42  
I will make it!

Hi SCS 2much

The recipe is my own based on chef's recipe so here goes

depending on how big your pork loin is

Use 1/2 cup of dijon mustard more or less depending on how much meat you have
1 to 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil (once again use your judgement)
as many cloves of garlic you wish..just mince them up real well and fresh is always best
salt and pepper to taste

I then mix the marinade well and then I do a fine slit lenghtwise down the pork loin. I pour the marinade over the pork loin and stick it all in a closed bag to let the flavors set in...usually overnight in the fridge.

I then use my clam shell grill ie: george forman and I grill away till the pork loin is done

for a bit of sauce on the side, I reserve some of the marinade...before coming in contact with the pork. I nuke the sauce in the microwave for a minute just to marry the flavors and then I use that has a dip for the grilled pork loin.

enjoy

Cyan
Old 04-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #43  
Changing the things I can

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #44  

Hi all...sorry I still havent been able to get here regularly. Came down with a cold yesterday and still feeling awful. Sore throat, runny nose mainly. Sinuses I think. Anyway, did my AirWalker 30 min Monday but havent felt like it since then. Just wanted to check in. Hope to have a better report by the end of the week. Thanks everyone for the condolenses(sp?). Cant wait to get back in here with all of you more! Just got home from work. Hubby agrees to eat cereal tonite so I'm about to hit the couch. Talk to ya'll soon

MIKI
Old 04-07-2004, 07:35 PM   #45  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everybody! School's out for Easter break!!!!!
I'm so happy for a little time to rest and have a break and clean my house and sleep in and walk at the park! I started on SBD again this week, after everyone's encouraging talk lately--and the fact that I felt so bloated after a week of "uncontrolled" carb eating, and when I stepped on the scale, it said 5 pounds up. Now I know that most of that is water, and 3 of them are gone since Sunday and SBD, but it's a pretty good argument to me against overindulgence in carbs, especially the simple sugar and refined kind. I am finding it hard to do the Phase One as it should be done--I get hungry in the night and only want bread, or I get very irritable and hungry, even after a meal, and nothing else but bread will do. I suppose if I stuck it out, the craving would go away eventually, but I think I don't want to be that strict with myself. I'll try to use the rules as a guideline, and see where that takes me. I will make a goal for myself to get to 154 lbs. by April 19--the day I go back to school. Right now I am 159--10 days ago I was 156.5, so I'm bobbing around the upper 150s. I'll see if I can break 155! I'm hitting the track in the morning--even if it rains!! Well, I'm going for now. I've got dinner on the stove for hubby and girls. I already ate--a "chef's salad"--bagged lettuce with green beans, deli ham, and cheddar cheese--a little parmesan sprinkled on too, along with low carb salad dressing and sugar free mocha flavored coffee. Then a bit later, because I was not satisfied, I had one slice of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter on it. Before bed, I will have 2/3 cup of Fiber One cereal with skim milk on it. See you ladies tomorrow! P.S. scs_too much--Have we met? I don't recall reading a post from you before. You seem to be fairly new. Welcome to the thread!
Closed Thread