Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #121  
I will make it!

Default Happy Tuesday Folks

Ack...what a day...and its only 9.00 am...my Mom's pharmacist is sick and his replacement is incompetent...I have had to argue with that women a few times now...My father went to get her meds on saturday to find out she didnt have them ...and its tuesday and still no meds...I just got off the phone and she says they are ready to be picked up....I have just about had it...I am considering changing pharmacies to one that is open on saturday and sunday and later hours.

Anyway, Newie...you have to move on from the incident...you cant keep mulling it over because its going to take away from your teaching effectiveness and the kids will pick up on that and so will the parents and your peers. It happened, you did it, you apologized, your principal accepted your apology and explanation...MOVE ON!!!! Get back to teaching, get back to a normal environment and stand my your actions with conviction...Believe in your self as a decent person and teacher that you are...OK...enough said.

Hey Lisa...getting started is always the hardest..but once you get into a routine, it will get easier. Looks like the meal planning will help you stick to it...it sure has helped me...especially when I am tired and dont feel like cooking..I remind myself that the meal plan is there and that there are no buts, ands or ifs about it...I just do it...like breathing, sleeping and all other vital things in life.

Hey Miki...come on girlfriend..you lost over 40 pounds...you can do it...lets get going....get yer butt into action...dust off your diet plan...go go go!!!

Cjunk...you are amazing..with all the work you do and you are so active on your time off...you inspire me to keep plugging away at it. How much do you weigh..I forgot...let us know how you are doing.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: egg salad sandwich on multigrain raisin bread
dinner: mustard garlic pork loin with spinach and feta
snacks: mixed berries, yogurt
beverages: water, diet cola, tea

I did my pilates last night...the accelerated dvd..oh man...I was dying...some of those moves are insane...but I mustered through it....57 minutes of it ack

Tonight I cycle for about 20 minutes

I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 167 from 167.5...so I might just see 166 this friday..or monday latest...

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-18-2004, 06:25 PM   #122  

Default Hola Chicas!! It's been forever

Hello everyone,

Let me start out by saying Congrats Lisa. Trevor is so handsome! I saw the site and loved the pics.

Cyan, congrats on getting one step closer to your goal.

Cjunk, Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Newie, I hope you are feeling better about your incident, I must go back and read the details of it. But remember, God only gives you want he thinks you can handle.

Well, as you all know, i have dissappeared again, but for good reason. I have been surrounded with some crazy things in my life over the past few years, and it was time for me to do some major soul searching! I went away for abit alone, away from everything and really got down to the nitty gritty about my lack of willpower, insecurities and most of all, low self esteem.

Well, I have come back a totally new person, I have - drum roll please.......... finally broke the 190lb curse, and have tipped the scales at 188.7. That most of all feels great, considering I have been on this site for over 1 1/2 years and never hit past 190.

Also, I have received a promotion at work and am now in more of a technology roll, and the best news of all, Alex was accepted at the Magnet school of my choice for kindergarten.

So, I have to say that life has been pretty decent to me after my soul searching, so I have decided to take a new journey and live for today, not for tomorrow, or yesterday.... I think of only what I will eat today and not the pizza I had for dinner for my cousin's birthday last night. It has made me feel a little better when I wake up in the morning.

On a side note, I can't work out for a few weeks still, I keep pulling the muscle in my back and they recommend me not attempting to do anything right now, so I do have to be alittle more cautious what I eat, but I am taking it in stride.

Ok, my hubby is coming to pick me up right now, so I will try to get back in here soon. I am working with Alex daily on letters,numbers, and other things, adn I don't have much time for the computer these days.

I miss you all, but I am doing fine, I will talk to you all soon....

FYI, I am eating low-fat again, the Atkin/SouthBeach/Any other diet, just wasn't working for me, so I am back to the low-fat, kinds weight watchers type of diet.

Miss you all!
Old 05-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #123  

Hello ladies. I'm posting today for your support. I am so depressed right now and have been crying most of the afternoon. I took my 3rd semester final today and had to get a 73 percent to pass the class. I got a 69 percent so I now have to either try to get back in to repeat 3rd semester or just quit. I was so devastated. I could hardly speak when I called my husband to tell him. He answered the phone with "Well, did you pass?" I'm suprised he even understoon what I was saying. I have worked so hard for 2 years! It is so frustrating and makes me so angry with myself especially. I have found myself doubting my abilities, doubting my goals, my intelligence. I was so sure I would be graduating this December and now it will be next May at the earliest. There's no guarantee that I'll get back into the program for next semester. I have the option of going and getting my LPN and working as and LPN for a while and going back to nursing school when my kids are older. We were going to be buying a house this fall but now that could change too. I'm so so so upset. I was so upset I bought and ate 3 candybars. And you all know that that just makes things worse. Well, sorry to dump all this on you guys, but I needed to let it all out. Thanks,

Lisa
Old 05-19-2004, 09:10 AM   #124  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies...hump day already!

Lisa...oh man...that sucks...sorry to hear that...I am sure you must be very upset...I hope you can get back in to repeat third semester...it must be very hard just giving birth and doing finals...you had a lot on your plate so dont beat yourself up about it...you may not see it now but there is always a reason for why things happen...I am sure things will be clearer for you once you let some time pass. Now is the time to not doubt your abilities and intelligence...just stay focussed and remember, no one is perfect, and sometimes people fail first time around...but dont give up...learn from this experience and get back up and go at it again. Thing long term...I send you a big hug.

Hey Reina...congrats on finally cracking that plateau...I know how you feel...I am right there with you sister. We gotta chat on msn...we should set up a date to get caught up on all of your new findings.

I cycled last night for 20 minutes...stuck to my diet plan.

I weighed in this morning ...still at 167...boy I cant wait to see 166..my eyes wont believe it for the first time...so hopefully this weekend or maybe even friday.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation with skim milk
lunch: whole wheat spaghetti with tomato meat sauce
dinner: dont know yet
snacks: applesauce, yogurt
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise will be pilates dvd

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-19-2004, 10:15 AM   #125  

Thank you cyan for your kind words. You're right. I'll get through this and who know, things may work out better this way.

Reina, so glad your back! You'll break that plateau before you know it!

Miki, Newie, Debee, Cjunk, hope you all have a great day.

My meal plan for today:

breakfast: yogurt
lunch: Cheesy mac casserole (I just need to get this out of my pantry)
dinner: low carb frozen meal
snacks: string cheese and sugar free popsicles
drinks: water, diet sprite

Have a great day everyone!!

Lisa
Old 05-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #126  

Default Good Morning!

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to post after a bit of a hiatus. I have been working a lot of evening hours at work lately but now I don't have any more evenings or weekends for a few weeks. In two weeks I work a Saturday and then the following Saturday as well and then that's it for the summer as our extra-cirricular programs re-start in September. Food-wise, I haven't had much of an appetite lately since the hot weather has started. My consumption has decreased which is typical for me as I tend to naturally lose a bit of weight in the spring/summer with decreased appetite and increased outdoor exercise. I played baseball this week and threw the ball around last night in a game of catch with my friend for about 1/2 hour outside in the sunshine. Plans to do some biking this weekend for the long weekend locally if the weather is nice. If the weather is crappy we have decided on some indoor climbing.

Enough about me.

Reina--a big congratulations on reaching your plateau!!! I am very happy for you and know that you will continue right through it to even more success. Great to hear from you again!!

Lisa I am so sorry to hear about your exam but frankly when I read that you were writing one I was surprised because I wondered how you would manage to focus with a new baby and so many new changes. Like Cyan said, things may have happened this way for a reason--perhaps the timing wasn't right. In retrospect that was a lot of stuff to carry on your plate at once so I don't think you should be hard on yourself for not even a minute because you can't expect to be super-human as no one else is.

Newie, I think you were on the right track before with thinking of the event as a learning experience. Stop second-guessing yourself and move on in that positive attitude that you once had. You can make it through the rest of the year with your head held high and no anxiety at all if you change your mindset. The most successful people in life are those who learn from these types of events and spin it around to work for them. You are a good person with good intentions and if you try your best to live by that then you will go far.

Cyan, how frustrating about your mom's pharmacist. There are lots of good ones out there who would love your business so I would move on if there is no satisfaction. Your mom's health shouldn't be impacted because of their incompetence. No wonder you were ticked--I would be too! In answer to your questions from an earlier post, I am about 5 feet 5 inches tall and weigh about 140. I am not sure of my exact weight because I fluctuate daily between 136 and 143 dependent on the time of the month. I am a water retainer! I am most comfortable at about 132 so I am aiming to get back there.

Miki-welcome back and thanks for the happy birthday. I hope you had fun at your kid's school funday!!

Talk to you all soon,

Cjunk
Old 05-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #127  
I will make it!

Hey Girls...yippee thursday already...going by fast this week.

I forgot my buspass this morning so I had to hoof it in because I was too lazy to go home to get the bus pass...it only took me 20 minutes...even the uphill portion wasnt so bad.

I just had a fabulous lunch...went to scola pasta for a business lunch...I had grilled italian sausage with vegetables and a diet cola...so good...and cheap too...not that I paid or anything...it was great!

So I didnt eat the sushi I was going to have.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: italian sausage with vegetables
dinner: broiled hamburger on whole wheat with cheese and tomato salad
snacks: yogurt and applesauce

I plan on doing pilates ...I have to do it...ack...such a chore sometimes...exercising ...yeesh

Cjunk..man you are so active and I so wish I was your weight...140 is ideal for me...you inspire me to keep going...thanks for posting on our thread and keeping me motivated...let me know when you are next in montreal...I would love to meet you..we can do dinner ...light of course...lol

later

Cyan
Old 05-21-2004, 10:32 AM   #128  
I will make it!

Happy Friday Ladies

Too bad it will rain all weekend long right into the middle of next week...ack

I walked home last night which means I didnt do any other exercising..oh well.

Food Plan for today
breakfast: home made rice pudding, 1tbs of reduced peanut butter on 1 slice of whole wheat
lunch: tuna sandwich on whole wheat with light mayo
dinner: chili con carne home made
snacks: applesauce, apricots 2
beverages: diet cola, tea, water

Have a great weekend
Cyan
Old 05-21-2004, 11:26 AM   #129  

Hello ladies. How was everyone's week? I'm waiting for my mother to arrive which should be in about 30 minutes. Thank you all for your kind words about school. I'm staying positive. Actually, a couple of the instructors are reviewing some of my grades in an effort to do a little tweaking. I have an appt with the lead instructor on Monday to go over my final and defend some of my answers. I only need 5 points. That's what is the most frustrating. It's ONLY 5 points!!!

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend. I think we'll be going to the zoo today!

Lisa
Old 05-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #130  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies

I made my goal this week...I am now at 166 pounds!! Wooohoooo...the weight is coming off...I cant believe it.

I saw Super Size Me last night...oh man...very informative...and a must see...Morgan...almost pickles his liver on the fast food diet he did for a month...the doctors were freaking out..they couldnt believe his blood work.

Anway, I have been on track lately ..so that's great.

Meal Plan for today
Brunch: chili con carne with whole wheat bread and mozzarella cheese, diet cola
dinner: chicken (roasted) with tomato salad
beverages: diet cola, tea and water
Snacks: mango, mixed berries and sugarless popsicle

Its a holiday today so I got up late and had brunch instead of breakfast and lunch..its was great

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-24-2004, 01:05 PM   #131  

Default Happy Monday

Happy Monday to you all! Hope you had a great weekend. My mother came into town on Friday. We took the kids to the zoo. That was fun except all that walking made me realize I'm still not 100% since popping the giant child out of my womb. On Saturday we went and saw ShrekII at the movies. My dad came up late Saturday Night. We all went to church together on Sunday and had a family dinner with my family and hubby's family where we had Trevor blessed as that is a religious tradition of ours. It was very nice. My parents left town around 5:30 and it was nice to just relax. I went to bed early last night (around 9:30 which is early for me) and woke up with a headache this morning. I'm hoping it goes away soon. Trevors umbilical cord finally came off last night and today he had his first bath in his bathtub as opposed to the sponge baths he's been getting. He seemed to enjoy it.

Okay, okay, as for weight loss. Well, I didn't eat very well this weekend but it wasn't horrible. I have to realize that nursing mothers get hungry about as often as their baby does. So, I need to have plans on what to munch on when I get those between meal hunger pains. I have pecans and cantaloupe on hand right now. I also have sugar free popsicles and string cheese. I also have peanut butter and low carb bread. I have diet root beer. My mom started Adkins almost a year ago and she looks awesome. It was so motivating to have her here and to see her awesome figure. It's hard to believe that she'll be 51 years old next month.

Okay, so my goals this week are to have an eating plan and to stick to it and to relax. I also have an appt with my instructor tomorrow to see if I can get the points I need to pass my nursing class. Wish me luck!!

Lisa
Old 05-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #132  

Where is everyone today? C'mon ladies!

Hey I was wondering if anyone had tried ediets or knew of someone who had tried it. You can do any diet you want I guess and they give you meal plans and grocery lists. Well, I still have my headache and it's starting to really annoy me. I tried to take a nap but the kids kept waking me up.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Lisa
Old 05-25-2004, 09:17 AM   #133  
I will make it!

Happy Tuesday...I was off...holiday...but I made my goal of 166 for last week so I am stoked to keep going now that I am finally seeing results...I feel great!

Hey Lisa...Sounds like you had an awesome weekend...and little baby Trevor is very lucky to have a Mom like you to take care of him.

I have never tried ediets so I cant help you there. Let us know if it something worth looking into.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: home made chili con carne
dinner: baked salmon with potat and carrots
snacks: applesauce, yogurt

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #134  

Hello everyone.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your exam. I know how painstaking that must have been for you. Especially with only missing it by 5 points. I am sure things will work out for the best. As much as I try to finish school, I keep telling myself that I am supposed to be doing other things in life. If it is meant to be, it will be.
I too went to see Shrek II this weekend, if you all haven't gone, you must go, it is hysterical.

I know that Adkins works, but I just couldn't continue to do it. It really made be breakout all over my face, and I just wasn't comfortable eating those types of foods. So I am really trying to stick to the weightwatchers plan, and counting my own points. I have to get back to a meeting to learn about the new flex points.

Cyan, Congrats on the loss. You are doing great, I am so proud of you. I am so bummed that I can't work out yet, because of my back, but I have to keep optimistic because I get lazy when I don't. I had to give in this morning, and I bought a cup of coffee with a donut. I haven't had one in a while.

Little treats are good, no?
Cjunk, I so have to get into your schedule of outdoor activity. It doesn't come natural to me, but I have to make it. I have a 5 year old boy, it should I think I am gonna get out more with him and start running around again.

You all have a great week and I will check in later.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:16 PM   #135  

Default A Quick Hello

Hi Everyone,

A quick hello-taking a break from my desk as it has been so busy I haven't yet had time for lunch today. I am off to buy a salad but came here first to check in. Went away this weekend to Ottawa and went whitewater rafting on Saturday--it was raining but okay because we were all in wetsuits and getting splashed a lot anyways. Loads of fun. Brought up the mountain bikes and went on their trails as well and biked about 20 kms to the water and back to the campsite. Yesterday I did nothing while I let my shoulders and legs recover from the weekend. Also ate like a pig but was active all day each day so I think it balanced itself out okay and I am not worried. Supposed to play baseball tonight but it looks like we will get rained out.

Today has been hard as lots of sitting. The drive home was difficult too yesterday with 5 hours in the car sitting. I can't wait to get up and move!!

My pants are all starting to fit again so I think I am getting back to normal weight although I would like to be a bit lighter. I will have to stop eating junk food which I am not very good at. Finding my appetite is not as big this time of year so that makes it easier. Man was I ever eating a lot over the winter!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their rainy weekends!! Hope some of you had sunshine!! In Ontario it was pouring all weekend for the most part!!

Cyan, congrats on the weight loss--how exciting!! All that walking pays off big-time! Lisa and Reina--a big hello to both of you and more to type when I have a bit more time!!

Cjunk
Closed Thread