Old 03-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Geri, a good time for me is usually after 9:30 pm, The kids are usually in bed by 9 pm but sometimes they are up a little later, so 9:30 is much better and we wouldn't be distracted. I can't wait to hear from you soon! I voted for the same girl tonight!! She was the last performer right? I thought she was fantastic! What a voice. I love TGIF, it is my favorite restaurant. But the closest one to me is kansas city so I don't get to go much anymore. But I love their fajitas also. That is what I usually order.
Melinda, did you find a moms group in your town? I emailed them and they wrote back saying there isn't one in my town but I could open a chapter here, well since I've never even heard of them until a few months ago I wouldn't know how it all worked and all that. So I wrote them back today to see if there was one in a neighboring town, I haven't heard back yet. That is so sweet that your ds is crawling! The first year is so wonderful isn't it?? Tanner is standing alone at times now, DH really wants me to get him walking but I know he will do it when he is ready. I want my baby to stay a baby as long as possible so I'm not really working with him to walk yet. And about the ear infection, they don't always bother them. I only found out Tanner had a bad one because I took him in for his shots and they looked, he hadn't been fussy or anything out of the norm. Not that I think your child has one but your grandma said they would be cranky and hurting, well that isn't always the case.
I did get in the chat room today, but it was around 2:30, so I guess I missed you all again. The kids went down about 2:20 pm for their naps. Dinner was soft tacos with morningstar farms crumbles, they were very filling. Next time though I'll use low sodium taco seasoning because with the sodium in the crumbles and then also in the seasoning it was very salty, but it got me to drink extra water tonight And the kids loved them, they ate every bite. So that was good. My tanning session went well. I did it for 6 min tonight and it went by really fast. The first time I had a hard time relaxing because I was scared of the bed, but tonight I was much better and felt comfortable. I'll hit it again tomorrow evening. I hope I have my base tan by friday when DH gets in.
I did get two huge baskets of laundry folded and put up today, I have about 4 more baskets to get done tomorrow. But I'll get everything done by friday morning. A little at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed.
Well, I guess I should call it a night and get in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:41 AM   #32  
2BoysMom

Good morning,

Where is everyone? All tired?? Hope no one's sick!

Happy St Pat's Any Irish out there? Not me. St Pat's is kind of a sad day for me...my dad passed away 8 years ago today from prostate cancer. He only knew 3 of his 5 grandchildren ... he was closer to me than my siblings so I really miss him. Good memories though

Ginny, hope you haven't gotten too much snow...the forecast wasn't too good for you. We're supposed to get about an inch this morning...even that's too much right now

Spryng, how did the tanning go? What town do you live in again? You may be in my local calling area! Joplin is. I was so surprised that it went so far south. Let me know & I'll look it up on the map. I'm planning on calling tonight regardless. I guessing you have a southern accent (hee hee).

Candy, how're you feeling? Good luck at the ENT today. How did the cabinet maker visit go?

Melinda, JW is crawling and sitting in a shopping cart! Wow, they grow up fast hey? Crawling is so cool...they just get more and more curious about things. Tony gets into absolutely everything...can be frustrating, but mostly it's fun! It's really nice when they can sit in the shopping cart....you don't have to lug that baby car seat in with you...after a while it just get's too heavy!! How many teeth does he have now and how old is he? Tony has 6 teeth...4 on bottom and 2 on top and he'll be 10 mo in 2 days.

Penny, how're you doing?? Back OP? How're the boys doing?

Well, I'm not usually the early morning poster, but Tony decided that 5:45 was a good time to wake up this morning so here I am. He didn't go to bed 'til 8:30 last night so I don't know what's up with that Will's still sleeping for now.

If I missed anyone, I'm terribly sorry! TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #33  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies

Geri
I am so sorry about your dad. Glad you were close to him and you have great memories. It always helps me to think about that!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Not Irish here.

I am still not back on plan

I am going to get back on today! The longer I stay off the longer I am away from goal! I went to Wal Mart with a friend yesterday and we ate at Adobe Catina which is a Mexican restuarant. That didn't help!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #34  

Good morning all!
Penny, I am routing for you! I know you can get back OP today. Why don't you go ahead and weigh yourself this morning so you can see in numbers how you did the past few days and maybe it will help re-focus you. But sometimes it is so hard to get back OP. I know you can do it!
Geri, you are up bright and early this morning So sorry to hear about your father. Hold on to those memories though. They are so special. I have no irish in me either, I'm a mix of many things, but sadly irish isn't one of them. Anf the tanning went great. I got in there and put my cream on and was fixing to get in the bed when I realized I forgot my goggles!! So I had to get redressed, then the bed started automatically, I rushed back up to the front and told them what happened and asked if I could run out to my van and then re-start the bed. Well they have a policy of only tanning once a day so they couldn't restart it under my name, they had to do it under one of theirs. But they were ok to do that. I just know how important those goggles are and wasn't going to attempt tanning without them. I want to be able to see my tan, lol. So once I got them and back into the room it wasn't a problem. It went by much quicker than the time before and I added one more minute to it. Tonight I'll add another minute. I'mnot really seeing a tan yet, but I think it is very light. But since I'll tan tonight through friday I should have a base tan by monday I'm thinking (I'll tan sat and sun too) I want that base tan so I don't have to go as often. I'm in Fort Scott Kansas. is that in your calling plan? What company do you have? I have alltel and if you do then it's all free min to call you no matter what time of day. But after 9 pm it's free also. Is that how your plan works? I don't want you to run up your min. Are you in central time? I don't know if I have a southern accent or not. Penny? Ginny? Any accent?? I'm originally from california. I do know everyone else talks much faster than me. Geri, when did Tony get his top teeth? Tanner still hasn't got his. He'll be 9 months old in one week from today. They started to really swell a couple of weeks ago but the swelling is gone now and still no teeth. I can't remember when my other two got theirs. I know Ava was way over a year old. She didn't get her first tooth until she was 13 months old!! Then the rest came pretty fast. Bubba was more on schedule.
Well, I have normal things planned today. I'm going to try and knock out some more laundry and probably clean my kitchen and bathroom and that is about it. What is for dinner tonight? I'm probably going to cheat and make tuna helper. (cheat on cooking that is, not on my diet)
Well I guess I will get off of here. Hope we all have a great OP day! Ginny will you get to WI today??
TTYL!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:05 AM   #35  
2BoysMom

Spryng, I have US Cellular and it doesn't look like you're in my local area. I think you're too far north of Pittsburg. It doens't matter though. I have 400 minutes a month that between my Mom and I we'll never use...that includes local and long distance and I think they're anytime minutes even for long distance. I'm going to double check that though. That's over 6.5 hours a month and I never use the cell that much. My old plan had 125 min & I think the only time we went over was when Will was born and we were making calls from the hospital recovery room.

I'll check back in later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #36  

Geri, do you get free min after a certain time at night? Most plans offer that. I'm about 20 min north of pittsburg. I go there quite often. I get 750 min a month and use almost all of them! lol. But I use my cell as my main phone, we don't have a home phone. And I share those min with my DH, but all calls to him are free mobile to mobile so that is nice. We talked for 5000 min last month!!! but thankfully it doesn't affect my 750 min Well, got to go! Hope everyone's day is going well!!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #37  

Geri - JW is 6 1/2 months and he has two teeth. Everyday is more fun. He has so many new expressions. No Irish in the blood. I do not even have anything green to wear, of course JW does.

Spryng - I tanned right before my wedding and my sisters. I only did it for 3 months. After about the 1st month I did not get any darker. Suprising being that I am 1/2 Asian. When I was a child I was so dark, I guess you lose some of the pigment once your older.

Penny - It is so hard to get back on track. I have been doing well, but then I look at the scale and I think about eating more. I think the daily weigh in is sabotage to my diet.

My grandma is suppose to be coming home from Vietnam today. She lives in the US 6 months and then overseas the other 6. She does not speak English and I only understand a little Vietnamese. BTW, she was suppose to be here at 930 and her flight in ATL was delayed and she will be here at 12. I think the airlines might have bumped her b/c she did not understand. She is 85 and it is a long trip. Anyway, she hasn't seen JW yet. My point of the whole story is that I do not see a workout today as JW is now napping at my parents and I did not bring my gym bag. I have a sedan, so I had to take my gym bag and everything out of the car for luggage. Then my mom said that my car was not big enough for the luggage.

So I hope to get a workout, but I am not sure. Hope everyone else is having an on program day.

I do not know about chat for today. I will check in if I can.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #38  
soontobethin

new thread time.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote