Old 03-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #16  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Candy,
Is there a couple of Sea World resorts? I know we went to the one in San Antonio last year. The kids had a blast! It was a great experience and lots of shade! It is really designed with kids in mind!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I will be back later when the kids are not running around wild

Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #17  
2BoysMom

Just a quickie 'cause I'll forget by the time I post after the kids go to bed. Has anyone tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser yet? I had a coupon so a 2 pack only cost me about 75 cents. I just used it on my fiberglass whirlpool tub and it is spotless for the 1st time since we moved in here 1 1/2 years ago! No chemicals...I don't get it! But it really works.

TTYL!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #18  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, I think there are 3 but we will be going to the one in Orlando, Florida. I've been a few times but the kids have never been and we were gonna wait until they were both over 4 but I think Kylie will do fine. She is pretty easy going and loves animals. Penny, how old were your boys when you took them? Did they do ok the whole day or did they get tired and fussy? Mike had wanted to do Universal Studios on Friday but I think that would be too much 2 days in a row so we will probably just enjoy the resort and maybe go to Cape Canaveral. My DH and DS are big space fans! I will be mildly entertained, I believe!!!

Geri, I tried the magic eraser and loved it. It got my fridge so white. I have wiped at that thing hundreds of times but there was some type of grime that just wouldn't come off but the magic eraser took it right off. One piece of advice: do not use it on walls unless you plan to do the WHOLE wall! My walls look horrible now because I did it in spots and the rest looks really yucky! I just got my coupon in the mail and am going to buy some more!!!

Ok, I'm gonna try and straighten up a bit before dh and ds get home and then I am off to bed. I really think I am not better because I haven't been resting but what is that??? With kids that is like a fantasy! Hope everyone is having a good night. Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:59 PM   #19  

Ginny - Sorry for the mix up. I usually have a pad to write down the comments, but did it on my own this morning so you can see how that turned out. Good for the computer restriction, he'll learn his lesson. Great with the BP, I really believe in lifestyle changes. Keep up the good work.

Candy - How did dh do at the pig pickin? There is this guy Henry that we get to do parties for us. He usually places first or second each year. I love some good BBQ and hash. Probably makes you sick to think about it. Will the weather be good in Fla? You think 3 is a good age. Dh wants to talk JW to Disney at 3, but I think it is a little early and the fact that it is so expensive.
I hope the ENT has a cure for the ear infection.

Penny - We went to a seafood buffet on Friday night and I did the boiled shrimp and fish. I so wanted crawfish. I told dh if I find a cheap last minute ticket I am going to LA just to eat crawfish. I don't think they are really bad for you unless in butter.

Hello to Spryng, Geri, Andrea, Ricci, and Gosia ( Are you still with us?)
Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Happy Monday and Happy No Late Night Eating!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:26 PM   #20  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

Melinda, a seafood buffet sounds so good! Just how do you eat crawfish anyway? I've seen them on tv and at cajun food fests but could never bring myself to try them

Candy, I'll have to try the eraser on the fridge! I'll remember your tip with the walls. You're going to FL again????? I'm so jealous!! The advantage of living down south I guess. We're going Labor Day week but down to Ft Lauderdale and the keys.

Ginny, good news from the dr!! You do sound a little too happy about taking away computer privledges

Spryng, thanks for the tid bits from your email! Cute. I have noted your phone number and will call it soon! What time do your kids go down? I would hate to call too early. I will PM my phone number (and to anyone else who would want it). I don't know why but it makes me nervous to post it on-line...why I don't know...not like it's unlisted or anything Just silly I guess. My new phone is cool!! They're very tiny now.

WI was fantastic. Down 2# this week!

On that note...gotta go. Dh wants the 'puter! Hi to anyone I missed!!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:55 AM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Ok, I confess......I am happy about Ds losing the computer for a while.....he has done this to himself- this is a long time coming. Ain't I nasty??????? (it is just so hard to see someone who is so stubborn that he/she refuses to learn a lesson).
Snow on the way- so I will check back in later after I get the kiddies to and from school.......I think it will be a half day.
Candy- glad you are going to the ENT.
Spryng- thanks for the humor.
And thanks to all for the moral support. Sorry I cant get personal now....see ya later!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #22  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Spyng,
I love the poems, very cute! When dh comes home this weekend. Stay on track! Hope ya'll get the wall up and get it painted! I bet you are going to be busy....... Great exercise....

Ginny,
Good going with your pressure going down!

Melinda,
How was the buffet? If you come to La, you can stay with me ...... LOL

Candy,
Actually I think we went year before last with my sister in law and brother in law. They have twin boys, so we had four kids, 3, 3, 3, and 2........lol
But they had a blast and did fine! I did bring umbrella strollers for them though so they were in them unless we were stopped.

GERI!!!!!!!!!!!
WEIGH TO GO!!!!! I am so happy for you! You are doing awesome woman!!!

I am still off track My mom was fussing yesterday but I told her just leave me alone. I had to get it out of my system. I said I was going to eat what I wanted yesterday! So I did, and now I am back on track. I figured if I was going to eat a certain way for the rest of my life, I deserve to do it my way.....LOL

At least I keep telling myself that!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #23  

Geri - Way to go on your two pounds. I have started weighing daily to keep myself accountable. I am down .5 from my 2 pound gain Friday, so hopefully my Friday I can bring it down.

Penny - What part of LA did you say? I love beinet (sp) too but that is way off any kind of diet. I will just watch the food network and dream I am eating crawfish until we get there. We do get them here, but they are not as good and very expensive.

Candy - Remember I only have one child to get up and going with in the morning, so much easier than two, three. He is pretty easy going as well. Am I the only one with a single? Hopefully not long. I have told my dh that we will wait until I get some weight off and he thinks that is a good idea.

I will have to tell you that I am determined to get this eating under control. I am so sore from my workouts. I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning. It is rainy outside, so we will probably stay home and do a video. My fridge is empty. Guess that is good being all I have is salad and chicken, barely any dressing.

Have a Happy Monday!

Melinda
Old 03-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #24  
Movin' to the Country!

Melinda, we don't how they did at the pig pickin yet. They weren't in the top 5. A lot of that has to do more with who you know than what your bbq tastes like. Seems that the ones with the big sponsors are usually the winners. Last time they placed 14th out of 70 so they are hoping for better than that this year. As for theme parks, I had read that you shoud wait until age 4 and we were planning too and still are for Disney World but the kids went to the Theater of the Sea down in the Keys which is like a mini-Sea World and almost every day Kylie asks if she can go to "Feefer of Fee" so we decided to give Sea World a try. Like I said, she is pretty easy going so I am not too worried. If my children were reversed, I wouldn't think of taking Sean at 3! He is much higher maintenence and more emotional!

Geri, you go girl!!! You are doing soooo good!!! We are all really proud of you. Congrats on your new phone. I got a new little one recently and am still trying to figure it out!!! I love pushing the button and saying the name and it calls the person. Much easier than trying to dial while driving down the road!!! As for Florida again, Orlando is only 6 hrs away so it is not too much of a trip. We actually used to live 30 minutes from Orlando so that trip became 2nd nature since all our family was here. And yes, it is an advantage of living down here in the south.

Penny, I agree with you on being off-track. Sometimes it just takes a bit of totally not caring and eating what you want before you are ready to get back on track. You won't succeed until you are really ready!!! I have gotten to the point now where I don't want to have to work to get it back off so I am doing better but I started out right where you are! Glad to hear Sea World was a success with three 3 yos!!! We should do ok with an almost 3 yo and an almost 5 yo.

Ginny, hope you have a safe day. Snow...yuck!!! It was in the 70's here yesterday and of course, I was too sick to enjoy it but the kids did play outside for a while. They were digging for roly poly's. I had to tell them they wouldn't find roly poly's in the dirt. They must have had 1/2 the backyard on them when they came in. Anyhows, hope you do get 1/2 day off and you get some time to yourself. And a super big congrats on the Blood Pressure!!! Could you have a little talk with my FIL??? Just kidding.

Spryng, can't wait to see the before and after pictures!!! I know you must be sooo excited. I always get like that for projects. Dh's is dreading it because he has to do most the work and I'm all motivated because I'm just helping! Anyhows, hope you get it all done!

Andrea, hope your doing ok and know I'm thinking about you. Don't get too down about things! It WILL get better!!!

Ok, well, I have to go to Ravenel to get another custom cabinet maker to give me an estimate. Hopefully it will be lower than Lowe's. Then tomorrow I have the ENT in the afternoon. I wish it was today. The pain pills have quit working so I'm hurting pretty much all the time. At least it is just my ear and not my whole body!!! Hope everyone has a great op day!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #25  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for all the "way to go's"...it makes me feel all warm inside ....my smilies aren't working...arrrrgh!

Candy, I sure hope that ENT can help you...this is beyond rediculous now (insert sad face here). Good luck with the cabinet maker!!!

Melinda, your workouts have been going great! Getting the eating under control is always tough...the empty fridge should help!!! Congrats on the .5 lbs gone. You should catch that 2 lbs quickly.

Penny, you gotta do what you gotta do! No one can tell you how to eat unless you're ready to do it! Hope you enjoyed whatever you ate yesterday and can get back OP soon!

Ginny...your Ds sounds like Will in the future . We are constantly telling him not to climb on his brother...yet he keeps doing it. Dh has even climbed on Will to try to teach him what it feels like....so far it hasn't worked! Gee, I can't wait til he's 15! LOL. Sorry about the snow..it all went just south of us yesterday. I didn't mean to send it up your way! Good luck driving.

Andrea, I hope you're lurking out there and things are getting better! Please let us know how you're doing.

Spryng...where are you this morning? Sleeping in?? lol

I'm going out to lunch with 2 ladies I used to work with. Should be fun...Outback Steak House...I will find something healthy to choose!!!!!! At least WI is a week away and I did get my 3 mi walk in this morning!

I'll TTY later...don't know if I'll be home to chat, but I will try!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I didn't get on here earlier. I meant to but I got caught up watching a baby story and then Tanner fell alseep in my arms and took an early morning nap there so I was stuck on the couch, lol. But I am dressed and ready for the day now. I get to tan again tonight so I am excited!! It won't be until 5:30 pm though.
Geri, congrats on the 2#!!!! I'm so happy for you!! And no, didn't get to sleep in. I forget what that is like. I get to do it every now and then when DH is in, but we usually get up together so no one sleeps in anymore
Candy, yes I am excited. Dh isn't though. He keeps telling me he may back out, but I'm going to keep nagging him until it is done Your project would be much more exciting to me, a whole house!!
Melinda, I think weighing daily to keep accountable is a great idea. Maybe that is what I need to do when DH is in, weigh every morning so I will think twice about eating so terrible. But you know, even though I usually go way over my flexpoints when he is home I still usually lose on those weeks, so maybe it's ok. I really don't worry much about it anymore because it has been working for me for weeks now.
Penny, great exercise for putting up the wall or because DH will be home? Just kidding, I know what you meant, lol. It never helps when someone in the family is fussing at you over what you eat, just makes you want to rebel. You are doing great and one day of bad eating isn't going to set you back that much. Hang in there!
Ginny, hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you today. Are you going to your WW meeting tomorrow?
Well, I need to get off of here and get something done around here so I feel useful today. I'm afraid I feel quite lazy at the moment, lol. I still have so much work to do on the laundry area. What did everyone have for dinner last night? I ended up making hamburger helper (remember I wanted cheap meals for this week and box dinners are the cheapest sometimes) but I made it with morningstar farms crumbles and it made the pts super low, 3 pts per cupfull, so I had two cups with blackeye peas and sweet peas on the side. It was very filling. I think we may have burritos tonight. Not sure yet.
Well got to go! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:23 PM   #27  

Geri - Have fun with the work crew. That reminds me that I need to call my old office and have lunch with them. The Outbacks in our area are only open for dinner. You would think they would lose a lot of business because of it.
It is one of my dh favorite places to eat.

Spryng - How sweet with Tanner falling asleep on you? JW will not do that anymore. Enjoy those precious moments.

Did a 30 minute video. It said toning on the title, but I think it was a lot of the pilates moves. Congrats to all doing pilates, that is a tough workout.

JW first time sitting in a shopping cart today. He is still a bit small for the seat. I think I am going to buy him one of those shopping cart seat/toy things. I was wiping him down everytime he touch the cart. He loved the bag of brown rice. Last week he started sitting unsupported.

And it would figure that he started to crawl while I was at the gym. The girls told me that JW was crawling and I said no way. When I took him home, he was scouting all over the place. Good thing he is not too fast yet.

For the veteran moms, he is nodding his head right to left, up and down, and he thinks it is a hoot. I thought it might be an ear infection, but my grandma told me he would be cranky and crying if something like that was bothering him. It is cute, but it hurts my head to move it like, so I don't understand why he likes it so much.

I am planning on being on chat today.

Melinda
Old 03-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #28  

I forgot who it was, but thank you for introducing the MOMS group. I spoke with someone and they have tons of activites going on. There is a moms night out on Thurs, so that will be the first outing I try out. I am looking forward to it.

I am online if anyone wants to chat. Otherwise I will write and down my water so I do not think about eating. Dr. Phil is on. It is the ask Dr. Phil and Robin day, she has some ugly shoes on.

Our Circle is at a Sushi place tonight, so it should not be too bad. DH and JW will be on there own.

Well, I going to log off. Maybe I will get a nap in.

Happy Tuesday Evening.

Melinda
Old 03-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #29  
2BoysMom

Melinda, guess what??? Outback IS only open for dinner here too?? Who knew? Luckily there were plenty of places to chose from so we went to TGI Fridays (are they national?). I chose chicken fajitas which came with a black bean soup. Ate all of the chicken, 2 of the tortillas, hardly any of the sour cream or cheese, but all of the guac. Tonight's dinner will be soup and salad...if I'm even hungry by then. Knowing me I will be!

Check back with you later.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:49 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Wow, sure is quiet around here tonight!

I did something I have never done before. I voted for American Idol I thought that the 16 yo girl Diana DeGarmo is so good that I called in. Never thought I would ever care enough!

Ginny, picked up more Leslie at Sam's Club today. They had a dvd for under $10 that had a 2 mile workout and then the 4 mile (3-20 min workouts adding up to 4 mi) on 1 dvd. Don't know if I'll ever have an hour to do the whole 4 miles, but at least it will be something different. I can practically recite the current one I use.

Finally ate a salad at a little after 8. I don't like to eat that late but I finally got hungry. Must have been the smell of the baked goods at Sam's. I bought shrimp, mahi mahi and some naughty chicken kiev (for Dh). I got the dvd in place of the kiev for me

Spryng, thought about calling you but I don't know yet when a good time is?? I know you try to get some exercise in once the kids go to bed...so let me know.

Nothing else new since my last visit...hope you all had a great OP day. No plans for tomorrow so I should be around here.

TTYL