Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #91  
Member w/ messiest house

I want Food Channel. We are considering getting small satellite (DirectV or Dish Network) because what we have now is not doing what it used to: we have a large dish satellite and the prices for programming keep going up while they keep pulling channels out of the lineup. If we do change, I can get food channel and BBC America, and I will be sooooooooo happy!

That is really despicable of that kid's stepfather. I used to think that that's what step-parents were bound to be like. I had a real problem with my stepfather when I was a kid because he was really strict and kind of mean, in my little 7-y.o. mind. It took me years to learn to appreciate him. Then a few years ago, my parents were discussing their wills and stuff. There were some things in his name and some in my mom's name. All of his estate he was splitting amongst the 3 of us -- 2 of us are stepkids and 1 is his with my mom. I didn't say anything but I was amazed that he wouldn't favor her over the 2 of us. I mean, I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he did. It really deepened my respect for him. Too bad all SD's aren't stand-up guys.

Just finished my weights workout. I feel nauseous. But strong.

Kiwi
Old 03-31-2004, 11:27 PM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

I agree Kiwi. The man sounds like he has small emotional worth.

I am feeling sorry for myself. We have a new ediot and this one is someone I've known for a long time. I thought he was a friend. He has never working at a paper but has been in radio news and he's good at that.

I don't know if he still does it but for a while he was writing weekly reports to our boss. I had to use my boss' computer and there were a couple of them on the desk. They were very negative about me. And dishonest. He said. "Peaches is apparently working on the same story she's been working on for three weeks. She has nothing on her list that I didn't specially assign her."

I don't think my boss pays attention to this crap but it hurts anyway. The 3-week story was something boring that was his idea and took research. I have no stories of my own idea on my list because when I present them he says with a blank look, "That sounds interesting." He doesn't write it down. Once, he actually said, "What if I say no?"

He has a new wife and she calls or comes in all day. You can tell by how a spouse responds to you what she has heard about you. She is not friendly to me. She is a very friendly person ordinarily and, for instance, calls (about hourly) and asks to speak with "Booboo's daddy." Booboo is their dog. He is not attached to Booboo and I don't believe he views himself as its daddy. She is just bubbly. But not to me.

I am really unhappy over this.

Here's another work story. My boss has a seven year old who was getting teased by somebody on a regular basis. The other day he told her, "You're getting very ignoring."

Bye. Day off tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:47 PM   #93  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I have food channel....I never have time to watch it...is it good? Is it better than Law and Order? How about 3rd Rock? How about The Daily Show? Kiwi, you are such a creative cook. I am a BORING cook. Chicken...spaghetti...chicken...soup...chicken.... spaghetti....if I could put one of those repeating decimal marks over it to indicate that it goes on forever, that is what I'd do.

Science fair is looming...DD is having a party on Saturday night. Ach! I wish I was motivated to clean. I think I'll stay up for a while and do some wash...maybe watch The Daily Show and Law and Order. sadly, 3rd Rock isn't on at this time of day.

Wabby, that is a sad story about your new charge.

I think I'll make a list before I go to bed....want to hear it??? Sorry....I have new cleaning friends. They don't scoff at my lists. I overlook the fact that they're kind of boring and they overlook that I never seem to actually DO anything on my lists.

gotta go..bye
Old 04-01-2004, 06:22 AM   #94  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

We don't live here anymore.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #95  
loves kleenex box art

where did we go then?
Closed Thread