Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #76  
loves kleenex box art

No list .. no believe this is Lushie.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #77  
Member w/ messiest house

What's an opc? I'm too lazy to think today.

Did I mention that I got volunteered to host family Easter dinner? Horrors, the pressure. I probably will have to cook something totally un-Easterish. DH suggested pot roast Of course the obvious thing to do would be one of those spiral hams. Unfortunately we contributed one of those to Christmas dinner, so I don't think that's going to fly. Whoever heard of flying ham anyway? I don't think I'm up to a leg of lamb--not the right crowd for that anyway. Will be just DH's parents and a couple of nephews. Wish I could barbecue. Actually maybe I could -- a big London broil or something.

Isn't nice that I can just come here and endlessly, and you can just scroll down?

Kiwi
Old 03-28-2004, 06:21 AM   #78  
fatter than U

Talking Is this the right day???

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear darling, clever, talented, gorgeous Peaches (who we all like the best)
Happy Birthday to you!
And many happy returns!!

Eat lotsa cake!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #79  
loves kleenex box art

Thank you Sweeeetie Pie.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #80  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

OPC= other people's children...because I don't force visiting boys to change into "gay" pajamas or make them publically brush their teeth, I run a fraternity house every weekend.
Kiwi, have lasagna. That is my traditional Easter dinner. Make everyone do an Easter Egg hunt in your woods. On Easter morning, my kids have to find eggs that are scattered over the whole yard. DH and I sit and laugh at them as they run frantically in the rain for hershey kisses and quarters hidden in Easter Eggs. It always rains.
Happy Birthday, Miss Woman of Letters. I'm so proud of you for the year you've had. You must be experiencing Peri-Menopausal Zest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me, I'm hankering for Post-Menopausal Zest or anything else it brings with it. My hot flashes have taken a particularly nasty turn.
I must continue in my efforts to bring order and beauty to our lives...or at least clean clothes. bye
Old 03-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #81  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default despite the fact that there have been no queries regarding my absence-------

i am still ready to talk----dh's girls left this afternoon---crazy week with the Music Man ----dd18 was Mrs.Eulalie MacKecknie Shinnneedless to say---she was hi larry ***.Last sunday i asked if they needed any help finishing up the Set Painting---turns out they needed eight doors and six windows and several signs painted---hahahehehahah------there went three days ----i must say i really enjoyed working with all those young people--they were great workers and very sweet-----you know what those keener musical kids are like----ANYway----the show finished last night---i helped cater the cast party----got home at 2:30 am-------feels like i have not been home for a month------practically lived at the school all week------regarding yourselves-----i feel so bad for Frappe!!!!---how insane---it must be the hospital/doctor's fault-----how the **** could this all occur out of the blue??????didn't wabby have that same operation with no problem?????is anyone searching the web for you to get some ideas on what's up?????-------hoping to get back to excercise soon---ate crap all week-----old wedding cake ,chips,pop,mcdonalds---pizza blahhhhhhch.sorry i missed cranky day,but i can manage at least several hours of it on a daily basis no problem====love you tanks and SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY PEACHERS!!!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 03-29-2004, 12:39 AM   #82  

BELATED BEST BIRTHDAY WISHES, Peaches!
Hoping it was a sweet sweet day.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:05 AM   #83  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy Birthday to Peaches and everyone else I missed while I was wallowing in whatever.

Without caffeine, I am a depressed slug.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:27 PM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Happy Birthday to the PeachLady!

Sorry I missed it. But I always miss birthdays, don't I? Did you celebrate?

We went to DH's parents' for a family dinner yesterday because it was his sister's birthday on Sat. DH informed me Saturday night at 5:30 that I was supposed to bring a tray of raw veggies and dip. He had just come back from the store getting milk, because I was thinking of making a cheese souffle (we had a ton of eggs and cheese, but not enough milk) and rather than my abandoning that idea (cheese is the love of his life), he volunteered to get the milk. Note that every trip into town is about 10-15 min. each way. So he comes in and tells me about the food we're supposed to bring. I gave him the "you must be kidding" look, and he drove back into town and got what I needed for veggies and stuff. He hightailed it back home in time to watch his alma mater in their Hockey East final match. So I'm putting together this souffle and DD gets a phone call; her friends want her to come over and have a slumber party, and she can't wait until after dinner because they are watching 2 movies and someone will come pick her up. Please please please please please How could I resist? So here I am making this elaborate dinner for 2 of us. Silly. And I really wasn't in any mood to cut vegetables after that, so I had to get up Sunday morning and do it. Isn't it nice the things I do for my in-laws out of the kindness of my heart?

I am such a kitty magnet. Got one on my left right now, next to the keyboard, lapping my hand now and then. When she's not there, the dumb hairy one gets up on the desk and stares at me. Occasionally she lifts her foot up like she's going to scratch me. Usually if I pet her, she circles out of my reach. She's not too bright.

Hi Bagzie and Sugar and Wabbit and Painty and Cherry and Lushie and another Get Well Soon to Frappe. Gotta go exercise before DH comes home and has to avert his eyes.

Kiwi
Old 03-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #85  

Well, of course it was the weekend, and you know I don't post on weekends, but you can't sneak another birthday past me!!!! Happy Birthday dear Peachezzzzz, happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!!!!!

We had another beautiful weather weekend. I fought the yard and the yard almost won. I'm getting some bodacious muscles from shoveling composted manure.

Kiwi, I think you can most definitely get away with spiral ham for Easter dinner. Steamed asparagus. Scalloped potatoes. Deviled eggs, of course. Dinner rolls. Geez. You can tell it's late afternoon and I'm hungry!!!!When's dinner???

Bagz, Wabby did have that operation with no problem, but poor Frappe seems to have gotten a doozy of a post op complication. Frappe, I'm thinking of you every day. I sure hope you're feeling better.

Hi everybody else. Hi Cherry, good to see you back.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:07 AM   #86  
Member w/ messiest house

MMM we had leftover chicken from the in-laws' dinner and I made chicken and cheese quesadillas for dinner. Of course I had to make 3 different meals, as has become somewhat of a habit. Chicken salad for DH, quesadillas without any sauteed veggies for DD and I got the good ones: baby vidalia onions, poblano chili peppers, and orange bell peppers sauteed and layered onto a tortilla with chicken and cheese. You are sooooooo jealous. Funny, I used to hate cooked peppers, now I love them. Too bad I can't convince anyone else around here to eat them.

k.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 AM   #87  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi---your posts make me hungry and regretful-----I regret that i cannot cook like you ---and make it sound so delicious-----i LOVE souffles-----have no idea how to make one and feel that it would be too hard----IS IT HARD TO DO OR NOT????
Old 03-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #88  
The magic shrinking cow

Alton Brown makes souffles look easy. I'll try one one day.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
i LOVE souffles-----have no idea how to make one and feel that it would be too hard----IS IT HARD TO DO OR NOT????

Easy peasy, Bagz! If you can separate eggs and beat the living daylights out of them, you've got it in the bag so to speak. Souffle in a Bag, there's a concept! Of course if you have elephants running through your kitchen, it might fall before it's fully set (takes about an hour in the oven), so that could be a drawback.

Who's Alton Brown? Another fab cook I'm missing not having the Food Channel? I'm reading a cookbook I got at the library by Rachel Ray who is apparently on the Food Channel -- she's very inventive with really easy meals. That's where I got the chicken rubbed with balsamic vinegar idea. Didn't think I'd like it, but even DD liked it!

Anyhoo, just what I need to do is whet everyone's appetite Bad me.

Later gators

Kiwi
Old 03-31-2004, 11:50 AM   #90  

Kiwi, Alton Brown is my favorite food channel cook. He cooks things and explains the scientific reason for the way food reacts and the reasons we use the cooking methods we do. You can go to the food channel website and read all about it. I like Rachel Ray too, in spite of her perkiness.

We've got a temporary housemate. He's one of DS's best friends who's mother passed away about 3 years ago. His bio Dad has never been in his life and his step Dad dumped him the minute his mom was gone. Step Dad took the house that had belonged to his mother before SD came along, and this kid and his brother were left to fend for themselves. SD had a girlfriend within 3 mos. and went out and bought himself a Harley and proceeded to live his second childhood. Anyway, this kid found himself without a home this week and we are letting him live in our motorhome for a month until he can get on his feet again. You know I'm a sucker for a motherless child. Actually, he's a really nice kid and very appreciative and he has a job so I know it's only temporary. So far, so good, hopefully it stays that way. I know, I'm .
Closed Thread