Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #76  

Sorry to hear thy day was bad, Empress. May tomorrow bring you more calm vibes.

Muffin (big 'un)
1/2 c smoothie of sorts (cottage cheese, pb, buttermilk)
Grilled cheese (no butter)
applesauce
frozen yogurt
celery, carrots, one orange creme saver
steak
peas (1 1/2 portion)
1 biscuit
diet jello w/dairy free topping
1/2 portion pretzel stix
one raspberry creme saver

I think I topped 2000 today and that's a nono - but no binging or gorging. I twice today was in places which had for sale (and right there on the counter) homemade peanut butter easter eggs. I passed them up, royal folk< and that's a toughie for me>. And they'll only be around for a few more weeks, so it's now or never. I think last year I did buy two that the E.B. left for me on Easter. Not sure. I think I'll try to do without them this year. Am I strong enough? Also have not yet succumbed to the call of the jelly beans.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #77  
deleted2

Indulged in lots of emotional eating today. Tomorow will be better.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:38 AM   #78  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Well, Eydie, feeleth not like the Lone Rangerette in the emotional eating 'cause I did it, too!

Anagramatic, feeleth not alone in topping 2000 'cause, well, you weren't the only one (report below)!!! Congrats on passing up the homemade Easter candy ... I personally did NOT pass on candy eggs and that's gotta stop 'cause it's a long time until Easter ... I think, actually I don't know when Easter is this year ... we need the holiday challenges back, methinks!!! Your pb smoothie soundeth good ... cottage cheese is so useful ... I used to make a lowfat cheesecake with it ... might try it again soon.

Here's my report. I really like this thread. It's interesting to report it here every night because when I just journal it in my own hard drive or in a notebook for myself I don't really look at it again. And journaling it in a separate journal on the 3FC journal forum is just kind of pointless and lonely. I feel this way we share a conversation about our eating and exercise.

From looking at today, I see I'm eating too much protein and not enough produce. Also the sugary treats have to go. I'm noticing that when I stick to BFL clean eating I have a hard time eating enough calories but when I stick in even a few sugary treats, I have a hard time controlling calories. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure why I have weight and health problems!

Whole wheat pita w/butter spray 160
2 EAS van CC shake 200
Butter spray for day 20

EAS van CC shake 100
Pear-cheese bar 90

Peach/cottage cheese smoothie 110
2-pack pb cups 230

Four chocolate chip cookies 320
2 EAS van CC shake 200
2 van creme eggs 320

1/2 pita w/butter spray 80
EAS van CC shake 100
1/2 cup ff cottage

2 EAS van CC shake 200

Total Daily Calories 2200
Exercise: Rest day
Old 03-26-2004, 06:46 AM   #79  

Speaking of emotional eating - I'm fighting the urge right now. I FEEL like having something like a whole rye bagel w/peanut butter. For the third morning in a row, RA is so rough I'm ready to call for prednisone. Don't want to for obvious weight gain reasons. But toughing it out is tougher sometimes than others. I also had more applesauce last night because I required another pill (which clearly says take with food). I did not take it with food, had the applesauce when I developed stomach problems and then went to bed early so I'd be asleep until they went away.

Okay, I think I'll have oatmeal. Right? Right!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:56 AM   #80  

Hello all!

Sorry to hear eveyrone is struggling the past few days but at least I know its not just me....
In fact, is it full moon??

Yesterday I had to struggle ... so many times, the idea of "eat till you're sick to your stomach" came to mind.... ??? ....
but I do realize, this was triggered by emotions, being tired, etc....
Amazing what we do almost by just reflex when we are not feeling ourselves...

And I give myself a big gold star for sitting thru a "brunch" of all but one item that was safe for me....( boxes of donuts, cookies, muffins, pepperoni, homemade banna pudding, homemade sticky buns.....

I grabbed three or four flex points of cheese and drank water and coffee....Luckily, I noticecd two other ladies were doing the same as I was... just avoiding...smiling, talking...

And you know what else I noticed?? Most of the "slim" people, filled their plate moderately, ate slowly and DID NOT refill....

Which again, makes me wonder why I am so affected by "supersize" and "all you can eat" mentality and so many at the brunch were not..... or were they quietly working their plan????
This certainly was not a LO CARB brunch....

The cottage cheese smoothie sounds interesting...have to take a look...
Old 03-26-2004, 07:59 AM   #81  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs up

Food for yesterday..

1 C dry whole grain cereal
3/4 c raspberries
2 c coffee

1 small apple

1 med ww pita
2 c salad (romaine, gr onion, tomato, feta, b olives)
1 T greek dressing
The above was stuffed into pita and then my mouth!

1 1/2 c cooked cabbage
1 cooked onion
1 baked potato
1 tsp butter
2 slices cottage roll(like corned beef...pickled and done in crock pot)

1 BIG glass red wine
1 small glass white wine.
OOPS

But again I did not eat after 7!
And actually drank 600 ml of water...what a shocker!

This weekend is the dogshow from HADES....I work it as a club member and there are some people in this club...actually only 2...they appear larger than life in more ways than one...whom I don't like to associate with. I guess the good thing is that I can't get down to the food room easily...as chief ring steward I need to be at the rings...so maybe I'll luck out on the food front!

Off and running....lots of dumb things goin' on!

We seem to be in a spring slump...or is it plunge to the bottom....I know I've been incredibly depressed...and feel like I'm barely treading water some days...how some ever the frogs are singing to beat the band, and the birds are incredible. If we don't make our own pleasure and take pleasure in the small things, we will just keep going down! Bootstraps ladies! Pull 'em up! So I say for the next 4 days ...that would be Monday...we each find one pleasurable thing...no matter how small...and it here. One never knows how ones own impressions may make another's day. You guys make mine every morning!

SIS BOOM BAH!

Ceara
Old 03-26-2004, 10:06 AM   #82  

Looks SO healthy, Ceara. Don't let the bigger than lifers goad you to undo yesterday's good work.

Well, the nice weather will certainly be one of my good things for today. Will be doing a little yard work (a very little probably) and smelling the roses or whatever while I'm out there.

I like the idea of a holiday (Easter - 4/11) sprint, Empress. Might bring back a few AWOLers though I assume it's just LIFE keeping them away just now. There does seem to be a trend towards having a tough time with it all lately. Maybe the sprint would reinvigorate us. In the meantime, I'll cling to the bootstraps as Ceara reminds. And strap me back on the wagon, and continually use my Fresh Start cards and enjoy all the good company.

Last edited by anagram; 03-26-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:44 PM   #83  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! It be good to see all the posties on this thread!!! Sis boom bah, indeed!!!! Congrats to the intrepid Kaylets for weathering the Brunch From Heck and sticking to a sensible eating style!!! Excellent work, K!!!!

Cheers also to Ceara for her great eating day yesterday and good advice ... Sword Bearer, I hereby am taking the bootstraps pledge and pulling out the penultimate Fresh Start card!!!! NOTHING CAN KEEP US ALL FROM MOVING FORWARD AND ACCOMPLISHING OUR GOALS!!! HUZZAH!

Huzzah also to Anagramatic who's ready for an EASTER SPRINT!!! I am also, Anagram!!! Thanks for reminding me of the date, which as thou seeist unless thou hast disabled the sigs, coincides with my personal Ultimate Challenge weight goal!!! I'm proposing we START NOW and ALL declare an Easter Sprint Weight goal. I'm proposing we have another thread just for declaring and reporting our Easter Sprint goals. I'm proposing that this be a WEIGHT challenge BUT reminding everyone that declaring what weight thou wanteth to be at by Easter INCLUDES THE CONCEPT OF MAINTENANCE (or gain if anyone wants to do that)!!! I'm thinking if we put it on a separate thread, we wouldn't have to post there all the time, just on weigh-ins or if we need to report or ask for support IN THAT ONE WEIGHT BY EASTER GOAL ONLY, no real conversation. We could then continue as we are on this thread and the palace thread, as they all seemingly have different focuses and purposes.

I hate to be pushy and realize I start too many threads but TO BE FRANK, I dinna want to weight to get this sprint going as time's short, me hearties. If we want to be at a certain weight by Easter (including a maintenance weight), we gotta call in the troops, man the lifeboats and hop on the Easter train (to mix a metaphor or two)!!! So I'm gonna post this thing NOW and also put a notice on the palace thread and hope everyone will forgive my overly pushy and aggressive nature!!!

Will be back with my exercise/food report ... the Easter sprint shouldn't take the place of our continuing reporting here and discussion at the palace, dinna ye think?
Old 03-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #84  
Empress/Queen

Default Strange ...

Anagram, I could have sworn the first time I opened this thread you had a post here about prednisone ... it's gone now! Anyway ...

EAS van CC shake 100
Wheatena w/sf syrup 195
Butter spray for day 20
Meal 2 Calories
McDonald's Fruit 'n Yog Parfait, reg size w/granola 380
Maple iced Krispy Kreme 240
EAS van CC shake 100
Meal 3 Calories
Wrap* 185
*ww tortilla/trkey strips w/ff Frnch drssg, salad 0
EAS van CC shake 100
Meal 4 Calories
3 small whole wheat tortillas, warm w/btr spray 150
2 EAS van CC shake 200

Total Daily Calories 1670

Exercise: 10 min. (run), 60 min. weights w/trainer

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-26-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 PM   #85  

Today I DID exercise. Walked 35 minutes and worked in yard at least as long.

Oatmeal/2% milk
2 viactivs
1 creme saver

scrambled egg on whole wheat
frozen yogurt

two graham cracker squares w/1 tspn pb

fish stix
applesauce
1 1/2 servings cauliflower, carrots, broccoli
2 ginger snaps

diet jello w/non dairy topping
pretzels

Ballpark - 1650 or so

Tomorrow I head off to play with the princesses for a few days so I won't be reporting for a bit.

Last edited by anagram; 03-26-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:53 AM   #86  
deleted2

Default Friday

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
apple***1 string cheese thing

at Thai restaurant: veg-tofu curry and rice

At Starbuck's: mocha malt frappiccino {It's good that the closest Starbuck's is an hour away--these are too good. }

Safely back at home: brown rice and vegetables
5 -layer mexican dip and 1 oz. tortilla chips
sorbet bar

Exercise: unfortunately none. We were gone all day.

Old 03-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #87  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Eydie!!!! Looks like a tasty and nutritious day!!!! Agreement here about Starbuck's ... I just don't go there!!! Last week when I worked the fiesta and got kind of sick waiting around in the heat, I had an icy caramel frappucino ... wasn't Starbuck's but soooooo wonderful! However, coffee is a really bad choice when overheated in the Arizona sun (dehydrates) and the sugar and fat probably didn't help either, but my those things are good! :sigh: Must not think about it or I'll be putting on my track shoes and heading for the nearest SB!

Reporting that in the interest of the Easter sprint, I ran/walked around neighborhood for one hour today and reached my weekly goal of 400 minutes. Next week I'm going to cut out the 2-hour aerobics/yoga/tai chi combo class that I've been slipping in on two of my weight days and get down to business again ... I need to lift weights! It's going to be harder to get the 400 minutes but I WILL DO IT AND REACH MY EASTER GOAL!!!! Hippitty Hoppitty!

Tried to make a bulgar salad today ... got the idea from one of the Saturday cooking shows. Didn't realize you only have to soak the bulgar, not cook it. But after I soaked it for awhile (since I've never had it before), it didn't seem promising so I'm saving the bulgar for Old Dog. Mixed some in her food and she loved it. I tasted the wheat and it's good, just not what I wanted today. I was going to mix grape tomatoes, cold salmon and a little ranch dressing (or some kind of dressing). I still may do it. On the cooking show, the chef mixed the bulgar (which is also called wheatberries), grilled corn, lemon, oil and some other vege things and it looked good. He served it with grilled Cornish game hens.

Ok, I'll be back with my damage report later. Have pmd my recipe for fixed-up natural peanut butter to Easter sprint participants (I think) and that seems to be the bulk of my eating today ... I knew after the second stop for pb cups that I needed to get some healthier pb in my system FAST!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #88  
Empress/Queen

Posting report early as I don't intend to eat all night!!!!

This is shockingly unbalanced and minus vege and fruit, but here's the damage:

EAS van CC shake 100
Wheatena w/sf syrup 195
Butter spray for day 20

2 two-packs o' demonic pb cups 460
2 T fixed-up natural pb 210
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Whole wheat tortilla, warm w/butter spray 50
EAS van CC shake 100

Total Daily Calories 1855

Exercise reported earlier

Calorie Average for Week 1800 (Gotta get that down)

Total Exercise Minutes: 400 (as per my personal challenge)

Feeling that my weigh-in will be high but THAT WILL NOT DISCOURAGE ME and IT'S FULL SPEED AHEAD FOR THE EASTER SPRINT! Yowza!

Anyone who thinketh we will not ALL make our Easter goals, please see motto number one in my sig line! Thankee!

Good night! If I flounder and break my vow not to eat more, I'll update!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #89  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Good thing for the day. A beautiful bed of flowering grape hyacinths...such a pretty blue color..... am home from the show for today...and am heading for a prone position.... no one died today at the show...always a good thing....
Ceara
Old 03-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #90  
deleted2

Default Saturday

Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww bun w/ egg, ff cheese, soy bacon
orange

Apple***date-coconut roll
1 0z. cheddar
1/2 Mojo bar

Veg.-tomato soup
ww tortilla w/ egg, cheese, spinach
lo-fat ice cream sandwich

Snacks:
1 pc. bran bread w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter
A few tortilla chips w/ 1/4 c. bean dip
1 c. carrot juice [Yep, I hauled out my old juicer and juiced it meself!]

Amarantha, How'd you doctor up your peanut butter?

Closed Thread