Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #61  
Empress/Queen

Red face Yo!

Avast, a wandering band o' Merry Pirates hath shown up at Amarantha's chamber door and hath challenged her to a TUESDAY NIGHT TOURNAMENT!!!! The game is for all the pirates and Amarantha to NOT follow BFL's eat-every-three-hour thing for tonight only and to quit eating after 6 p.m. ... which is NOW, more or less!!! A crowd of well-wishers be gathering in the courtyard as Amarantha and the pirates take their places at the finish line ... huzzah!!! Who will go the distance, Amarantha or the pirates? Film at 11.

In the interest o' A winning her Tuesday challenge and leaving those pouty pirates by the wayside stuffin' their faces before the midnight hour heraldeth the new eating day, A be asking me, Elberta Crone, the fab 100-year-old nutrition expert that cooks for her, to post her Tuesday menu and exercise report NOW ... at 6:24 p.m. ... because she intendeth to not eat anything else and more exercise dinna seem very likely either!

Added at 9:36 p.m.: Forget it! The merry pirates won. Adding a EAS shake to calorie count!

2 EAS van cc shakes 200
1 whole wheat pita 160

Lf cheese stick 80
Small apple 70
2-Pb cup 2-packs, 12-oz bottle ff milk 595

1/2 halibut fillet 50
Mixed vege, corn 110
EAS van cc shake, pear-cheese bar 200

Pear-cheese bar with 1/8 c sf syrup 110
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Total Daily Calories 1775

20 minutes EZ walk, 30 minutes run

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-23-2004 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Lost challenge to merry pirates! Oh, well! Adding to menu!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:31 PM   #62  

Slimfast Shake
Celery
2 viactiv
Salmon-yellow tomato quiche
fruit
salad (w/BAD dressing but not much of it)
3 cups decaf w/a little cream each
1/2 serving pretzel stix
ground steak burger on Kaiser w/ketchup
salad w/lite dressing
diet jello w/non dairy whipped topping
1 1/2 serving frozen yogurt
1/2 serving pretzel stix
1 Rasberry creme saver
Old 03-24-2004, 06:59 AM   #63  
deleted2

Default Tuesday

Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
spinach-potato quiche
1 veg. sausage
orange

ww tortilla w/ 5 layer mexican dip
1/2 c. corn and peas
green tea
Go-Lean bar

soy 'ribs' w/ barbecue sauce
brocolli, peppers, onions
1/2 c. potato soup

Snax: banana w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 c. noodle soup
2 'skinny cow' ice cream sandwiches

Calories: 1720
fiber: 36 grams
fat: 40 grams
fruit/vegs: 8 servings
exercise: 30 min. belly dance video

Didn't feel inclined to work out much today. Sore throat and mildly congested...

Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #64  
Empress/Queen

GO ANAGRAMATIC!!!! GO EDYIE!!!!

Sis, boom, bah!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:39 AM   #65  
caffeine free!

Yesterday finished off with a lunch of a cucumber, tomato and cream cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, a snack of yogurt and pasta with veggies for dinner. And a oatmeal raisin cookie. On balance, not too bad.

Today so far: oatmeal with raisins. And coffee.

Just narrowly avoided a brush with girl scout cookies.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:21 PM   #66  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!! Huzzah!!! Hooray for Z who fought off an assault from the dreaded Girl Scout Cookie Demon !!!! Good going, Zadie!!! You're moving on down those 13 weeks!!!! Huzzah!

Amarantha hath had a small victory over Food herownself. Though she vowed to do this only once a week, her treats are getting to be once a day (which is kinda ok). Depression hit after gym and a nap and the realization she hath no work assignments (good also) and no life, so she hied off to DQ AGAIN for a SMALL caramel sundae. Ate the caramel and half the ice cream and THREW THE REST AWAY (thus bringing the calorie count to where it's really supposed to be)!!!

Reporting Wednesday exercise now and will be back with menu tonight or tomorrow: 20 weight room, 30 aerobics class/abs, 30 yoga, 60 tai chi! Over and out!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:41 PM   #67  
caffeine free!

Ack. Just failed to exercise proper portion control over a massive bowl of turkey wild rice soup and wheat bread. At least it was not tragic food choice like fudge or something.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:38 PM   #68  
Empress/Queen

That sounds good and healthy, though, Zadie!!!! Fudge is evil. We don't like it, right?

I'm absolutely craving carbs and having whole wheat pitas warmed in microwave and sprayed w/butter spray at every meal it seems. These are a lifesaver right now. I need to eat a meal w/vege and fish or something but it's too much trouble! Later ...
Old 03-24-2004, 05:49 PM   #69  
deleted2

I'm not feeling my best today and am making poorer food choices than normal. Lots of snack-y things that don't require any effort or thought--and not nearly enough water! Today was supposed to be my big aerobic day, but my old frame just couldn't do it, so I did 50 min. of Pilates instead. May do some yoga later--or not.
It's a miracle that my scale is still showing my weight at 135!

Old 03-24-2004, 07:31 PM   #70  

Kashi Good Friends cereal w/2% milk
apple
2 viactiv
cup ham and split pea soup (ummm!)
egg salad on homemade bread (ummm!)
chips served w/above (oops)
celery/carrots
Slimfast meal bar
frozen yogurt
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal

I think I've managed to save the day after my chip excursion. Note I'm not even crazy about chips but there they were and they were good and not overly abundant.

Fudge, who said fudge? I've been having my periodic craving for PB fudge. Good thing I'm really fussy about it. Will probably have some pb in diet tomorrow but hopefully not fudge. PB fudge - my biggest weakness.

Feel better, Eydie.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:04 PM   #71  
Empress/Queen

Yo, E, 50 minutes of Pilates is AWESOME!!!! You're doing great! But I'm sorry thou feelest not up to par!!! Howsomever, methinks it be ok to not always do thy usual grueling workout!!!! Congrats on the maintaining ... I'll be joining thee anon ... in fact, we're ALL gonna be joining thee in the maintainers circle ...

Yowza, Anagramatic, congrats on the save-the-day-after-chips!!! I like Kashi cereals also ... wish they still sold the fruited grab-and-go cooked kashi in asceptic packaging. I loved that. Maybe I can order it online ... I'll have to look. Ahhhh, pb fudge ... ... hast thou ever tried a pb smoothie? Lots of ways to make it ... I like soymilk, honey, a graham cracker, ice and some pb ... my new healthier way might be cottage cheese, splenda, cocoa and pb ... a lot of people use bananas in these but I react badly to bananas. Anyway, this is great for pb cravings!

Here's my menu, exercise reported earlier:

EAS van CC shake 100
1/2 whole wheat pita 80
Butter spray for day 20

EAS van CC shake 100
1/2 whole wheat pita 80

Whole wheat pita w/butter spray 160
EAS van CC shake 100
DQ small caramel sundae, EAS van CC 500

1/2 whole wheat pita 80
EAS van CC shake 100

1/2 whole wheat pita 80
EAS van CC shake 100

Total Daily Calories 1500
Old 03-25-2004, 07:46 AM   #72  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Food yesterday

2 poached eggs
2 slices ww toast/butter
2 c coffee

1 c coffee

1 pre-packaged pasta meal (approx 250 cal)
1 lean chicken pocket thingy (gotta junk theme there)

1 small apple

2 c salad (romaine, celery, feta, black olives, tomato,)
1 T greek dressing
1 c chili con carne (homemade)
1 chappas bun...multigrain
1 T butter

After work...No Food

2 1/2 glasses dry red wine

All in all not bad I guess!

Ceara
Old 03-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #73  
Empress/Queen

Not bad, indeed, Ceara!!!! Looks like a great job to me!!! What is a chappas bun? I need more suggestions of whole grain things to eat ... am sick o' the pitas!!!

Am taking a free day from exercise but off to work, etc., so be back later with my report!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #74  
caffeine free!

trying this again after losing an earlier post. I did ok last night, but not great. Leif's birthday, so...1/2 a stuffed chicken breast, corn, a small dollop of mashed potatoes and, unfortunately, a slice of birthday cheesecake.

today I redeemed myself with a yogurt breakfast and a spinach salad so far.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #75  
Empress/Queen

Looking good, Zadie!!! Chicken sounds good.

I've had a bad day and lost temper and been overly candid with publisher and the court system (both) and am ready to retire. This has led to over consumption of calories and sugar, which I'm trying to balance with carb control shakes. Will post the damage tonight!!!

Eydie, I replied to thy pm!!!! Hang in! Think, think, think (Pooh madly tapping head)!
Closed Thread