Old 03-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #31  

o.k. one more gripe. I'm still bleeding from the miscarriage. So that makes 21/2 wks of bleeding. I think maybe my hormones are still messed up. I'm going for that cup of coffee now. Thanks for letting me vent!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Andrea, I am so sorry that you are stressed out over bills. Credit card companies are the worst sometimes. I wish I had some good advice to you for dealing with them, but all I can say is try and talk to someone above the person you talked to last time and keep going up until you get the results you want. You can get credit cards to lower interest and payments if you are persistant. There are usually hardship programs they have also that will let you make smaller payments or miss a few payments without penalties, but like I said, they don't usually tell you about them, you have to ask. I hope you feel better about it all soon. And I know what you mean about education keeping you from getting a great job. I never went to college either and the only experiance I have with jobs are fast food or housekeeping at hotels... so it would be very hard for me to get a good job too if I was forced to go back to work. Do you qualify for state aid? Sometimes they will pay for you to go back to school or learn a specific trade or something and pay for childcare while you do it. But don't feel like you have no options, just because you didn't go to college doesn't make you unqualified for certain careers, you just have to look really hard. Maybe try a temp agency or something that places people in factories or offices or something. I really hope things work out for you.
Ginny, I hope you find what you are looking for today. Are you looking for something specific for ds? And I think you are right about weighing in. That is what the majority of people told me at the WW site. So maybe I will still weigh. I am still putting the whole idea on paper to make sure it is something I will commit to. Has anyone seen that lateral thigh machine?? I really want it! I've seen the infomercial a dozen times and it targets thighs, legs, and butt and that is where I need the most work. I mean I need my abs too but my thighs need some help. That is why I weigh less now but still in a size 10. Last time I was 135 I was in an 8 because my thighs were smaller too and this time they are not shrinking very well, so I think that thigh machine would be great. But it's pricey. I may wait until I can get it at a good price on ebay or something. And Ginny, I think you got me and Geri confused on the TOM issue. I got TOM on friday, not Geri I stepped on the scale today because I no longer feel bloated and I've already lost more weight!! I can't wait until my WI on friday for the real results.
Well, I need to get off of here. Hope everyone has a great sunday!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #33  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick post here ... left my coffee upstairs and it's getting cold

Spryng, before you get an expensive machine...try the balance ball. I got a few tapes from my gf yesterday and this morning I did the Time Saver shaper ball workout from Kathy Smith and I really felt it. It worked the abs, lower back & lower body ... the ball only cost around $15-20 and the video is probably the same! I'm sure I won't be able to move tomorrow! I can feel my abs much more than when I do my pilates and I need to work up to some of the lower body exercises she was doing!! Anyway, just trying to save you a few bucks!

Andrea, sorry about the credit card situation. Can you get a cheaper card and use it to pay off the cards you have? Since you haven't missed any payments seems like you should be able to. Then you can tell your card companies to shove it!! 20% is rediculous in this day and age of low interest rates. Try Capitol One. My Dh has one and he absolutely loves it. He's also had great experiences with their customer service people. Hey, we're here for you to vent to! I hear you about paying for a babysitter. When I do go to find that part time job someday I don't know if it will pay to even take it! Most of the office jobs appear to pay $10-12 per hour which at 20 hrs per week is only $200-240 before taxes...now pay a babysitter and see if you have enough left for groceries! I have a college degree but try to find a part time job where it even matters!! I make more on unemployment.

Ginny, hope Dh finds what he's looking for...for your sake. Ds is going to be 15? You must have been a child bride

Spryng, I don't know about skipping the WI or not, but I would suggest you take your measurements so that if the scale does go up, you can re-measure and see how many inches you are down. I haven't re-measured at all yet...I'm trying to hold off til the end of the month. I would be interested in a 6 week challenge...it'll keep me on track I think. April is a good time to start for me because by mid May it may be nice enough to get outside and get some yard work done...I'm itching to get out there now but it's only in the 30's here

Well, I should get going now. Tony's down for a nap and Will's looking bored and will be getting into some trouble soon . TTYL

Hi to all...hope you're having a great weekend! Hang in there Andrea
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #34  
2BoysMom

Ginny, the cake was great...I caved for the end piece but shared it with Will!! At least it wasn't a corner. It was well worth every calorie
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #35  
2BoysMom

Starting a new thread so Ricci doesn't have too . See ya there!