I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

can't connect to chat either~
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:44 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Melinda- you stole my thunder!!!!! As I was reading your posts, the big question in my mind was if you were logging/journalling your food intake thru the day. That is such a biggie and so important. Also, it is a great idea to get out those measuring cups and use them. It is natural to get sloppy with portion control without checking up from time to time. Hang in there-you are doing fine- and way ahead of most of the world who is not even trying to reduce.

Penny- are you on meds for the BP or diet/excercise control? Enjoy that seafood buffet!

Geri- enjoy the movie!!!!!!! And good for you getting the 3 miles in. Bet that felt good. Hope that you got to the store- and that the boys were good. Oh, I used to go shopping really late at nite just for peace and quiet (who wants screaming kids in the store!).But then there are lots of times that shopping alone is not possible. It is even tough with teens.

Glad today is over- at least as far as school bus goes. My worst nightmare happened today......one little boy (and somehow I have always known that this would happen with him!) puked on the bus this afternoon.......and I don't have to go any further to let you know who gets to clean that up. The mess was not all that awful.......I opened the windows immediately and the nice cold air helped immensely. Aw, sorry to gross you all out......I just had to vent. But I have survived it, the bus is disinfected and sleeping for the weekend. Be thankful for small blessings. On that happy note- I better get upstairs. Have a great weekend.
Ginny

BTW- I figured noone would be there, but I could not get into the chat either.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Sorry for being rude- Big hello to Ricci, Andrea, Spryng, Jackie, Michele - gee anyone else I missed?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #20  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all!! Ginny, so sorry about your putrid day That has got to be the worst. I am very familiar with cleaning up puke lately and it is not pretty!!! But with a bunch of other little kids there going, "ooooooh!" it just doesn't sound fun! Glad you got it all cleaned up and I hope you get some rest this weekend. How is dd doing? My ear is still completely clogged. I am beginning to get worried about hearing loss in that ear. Right now it is just constantly ringing and it is very frustrating! Anyhows, hope you all will be be well soon!!!

Melinda, LOVED the picture of JW sleeping. That is too cute!!! Have you considered having it sketched and framed? It reminded me of baby pictures you see for sell. You have a nice looking family! Is your hubby a Nascar fan? You mentioned the racing channel. If so, who does he like? My DH is Budweiser #8 all the way!!!

Spryng, I'm sure next week will be a big loss on the scale. I am up 2lbs this week?!? (Yep Melinda, Me too!!! ) Don't know what's up. I think TOM is coming but who knows. I thought it would be here today. Anyhows, hope you enjoy your pizza. That's what we are having for dinner too!

Geri, congrats on your walk...you have been on a roll!!! I haven't walked once this week but you sure keep me wanting to. Hope you got your shopping done. I'm on my way to do that in a bit.

Penny, seafood buffet sounds yum!!! We have one here but I've never been. We keep meaning ot check it out. I tried to chat today too and couldn't get on. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

Well, I'm single woman tonight. DH is at his pig contest. We are fixing to go to Sam's and we'll pick up a pizza while we are there. Then I'm going to clean and catch up on laundry and I might stop and get the kids a movie.
Hi Ricci and Andrea and anyone else I'm missing! Hope everyone has a great night!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #21  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Candy, if I had your ear infection I wouldn't be walking either!! I'm happy with myself for the amount of exercise I am getting in. Hope you get unplugged soon!!

Ginny, sorry about the puker!! Gosh you have such a glamorous job sometimes . It does have a good schedule! Yes I got to the grocery store and the boys were very, very good. I think aliens came and got my boys and left these 2 in their place because they have been pretty good all day! I do like to shop by myself but I either have to go at night or on the weekends...I would rather avoid the store on the weekend. Dh is bowling tonight so I had to go during the day. I really had to push myself to get that walk in today...didn't feel like it at all....but once I was done it felt really good as usual.

Melinda, I was going to suggest journaling your food too. I have been doing that every day along with my exercise. It's nice to look back at and if I get bored with my food I can look back for something I had but maybe forgot about!

Penny, I'm trying not to eat anything after dinner. I'm not hungry when I eat at night...bored I guess. If I stay down here in the basement (we have a nice rec room here) it doesn't bother me...so that's where I should be at night!! I will settle in for the movie tonight. Hope you enjoyed the buffet.

Sorry you couldn't chat today. It was so much fun yesterday.

Spryng, hope you enjoyed your flexpoint day.

Andrea, are you out there lurking?? I miss you!! Ricci, where are you??

Did I miss anyone, if so...sorry!! TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #22  
soontobethin

This was emailed to me, and though some of you have read it before, I thought with all of the TOM's coming, you all would enjoy this.

13 things PMS stands for:

1. Pass My Shotgun

2. Psychotic Mood Shift

3. Perpetual Munching Spree

4. Puffy Mid-Section

5. People Make me Sick

6. Provide Me with Sweets

7. Pardon My Sobbing

8. Pimples May Surface

9. Pass My Sweatpants

10. Pissy Mood Syndrome

11. Plainly; Men Suck

12. Pack My Stuff

And a favorite...

13. Potential Murder Suspect

THE HORMONE WARNING:

The Hormone Hostage knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth and he takes his life in his own hands! This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?

SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?

SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?

ULTRASAFE: Have some chocolate

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?

SAFER: Wow, you look good in brown.

SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?

SAFER: Could we be overreacting?

SAFEST: Here's my paycheck.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?

SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.

SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?

SAFER: I hope you didn't over-do it today.

SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!

ULTRASAFE: Have some more chocolate.

Pass this on to all of your hormonal friends and those who might need a good Laugh! Or men who need a warning. And remember: Money talks....But Chocolate sings.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #23  
soontobethin

Hi, everyone. I got in my weights work out today. My mom came over just because and we hung out for 3 hours. Spryng, we are in Joplin about once a month, or every other month. I will let you know next time we are there. My weigh in was down 2 lbs this week. I hope you all have a good evening. BTW, I couldn't get into chat today either. I think the service was down.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:42 AM   #24  

Hello, ladies. I am about to pick up my sister and bil at airport. Probably won't be on much this weekend.

I had the funniest dream last night about our chat room. We were all in the chat with our dh. We all had video cams and were dancing and singing like crazy. Too much reality TV to think that we have cameras watching us everywhere. BTW, it was pretty cool. Have those video cam come down in price yet. I really haven't check it out. It would be neat to have a virutal chat.

It looks like we would have had a lot of chatters yesterday, too bad it was down.

Happy Weekend!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:01 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Oh my gosh, Ricci---you had me hysterical! I actually showed it to Dd (17) who could appreciate it thourougly. (I can't spell today, sorry) What a hoot!!!!!! Thanks for leaving it. I am planning on attempting to copy it and send it to myself for safe keeping. Congrats on the 2# loss!!!!!

Melinda- hope your trip to the airport was a safe one. Gee your dream sounded like a fun one.....you dream about us????? If I was in it, more like a nightmare!

Candy- you crack me up- commenting that you were unable to workout this week, with as sick as you were. Relax with the ear- as badly infected as it was, it will take the fluid behind the ear quite a while to go away, and the ear drum to return to normal. If it was 2 weeks into treatment, then I would worry. But as badly infected as you were, it might be wise to go for a follow up visit to the Dr anyway. (Ds was a walking ear infection for 3 years.......learned a lot then)

Ger- Congrats!!!!!!!!! Your Ds's were good!!!!!!! Of course you know that means the next time you go shopping you will have a very hard time remembering that they were ever good once in their lives.......and those aliens that only visit households once a decade will be somewhere else or on vacation. I am happy for you, though. A peaceful shopping trip is a blessing.

Dd's ear is slowly on the mend, and she is better, not 100% yet but better. And at least today I can laugh about my puke incident.......and am so thankful for Lysol.
We are heading out shopping today- for Ds's bday and groceries that I did not get out for with a sickie. Hi to everyone that I did not address. Hope your weekend is good.
Ginny
Old 03-13-2004, 10:59 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
I have to start off with Ricci, that was the funniest thing about PMS I've ever read!! Thanks so much for posting it!!! I got my chocolate fix in last night with one of those Brownie Earthquakes from Dairy Queen. Was very good.
I thought this was such a great idea http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/defaul...department=new it's a new product at Avon and it's a portable nail enamel!! No worrying about spilling, check it out if you like nail polish. I'm emailing my avon lady right now to see what catalog it will be in at the introductory price because I want to buy several!! So cool. I've never seen one like that before.
Ginny, enjoy your shopping day. What are you buying for ds??
Melinda, what a funny dream! See? We all really need to meet. I have a web cam that acts as a video or still camera but it's not a great quality one. I know I can use it on yahoo messenger, does anyone here have that? enjoy having your sister and BIL in!
Ricci, congrats on the 2#'s gone!! Great work. But you do great on your workouts, very motivated. I'm really thinking about challenging myself soon to a 6 week workout challenge. I want to take some pictures of me right now in a two piece swimsuit or bra and underwear, something that shows my abs and such and then compare them after the 6 weeks to see how much they changed. Since I've never measured myself, I don't even own a tape measure. Anyone else think this would be a good challenge? But I want to do it with The Firm and my pilates. But mainly The Firm. Any feedback would be appreciated. I just know I'm getting close to my goal but my body is far from what I want it to look like and maybe a good 6 week exercise challenge with pictures will get my body in better shape no matter what the scale says. So it's not a challenge to help get weight off, but to tone my body. I'm thinking about not even weighing during that period so I'm not discouraged if the scale goes up due to muscle gain or stalls me. What do you all think??
Geri, did that movie last night disctract you from the kitchen? I hope so. It's really hard to break old habits, but hang in there... they say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit. (well, dr.phil says that and I believe him, lol)
Candy, I really hope that ear clears up. Sounds miserable. Do you think it can be cleared up by extracting the ear wax or something? Does if feel like something is in it? How did you enjoy the evening with DH last night? We had a game night with the gamecube last night and it was alot of fun. I bought kids meals for dinner for the kids and icecream then we came home and ate and plugged in the gamecube, which hasn't been played in months and had a great time. I didn't think they were old enough to work the controls but they figured it out pretty fast and it was fun. So it was a nice evening for us. TOM hit me right on schedule last night too so it was nice to lay on the couch and play games.
Well I really need to get off of here and clean up the kitchen and get some breakfast in me. Sorry if I missed anyone. I will be back on later. have a great weekend all!!!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #27  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

Spryng, the movie was cute...but no, I snacked a little again last night . That's it though...no more! I ended up staying upstairs because I thought I may not hear the kids if they were crying or whatever...too lazy to move the monitor downstairs. Glad TOM came 'cause that means he'll leave soon

Ginny, hope shopping goes well...glad you could laugh about the bus incident! When is ds birthday? How old will he be?

Andrea, strange dream! So nice of you to include us though! Have a great weekend visit with your family.

Ricci, loved the PMS stuff. Copied and emailed it to all the girl friends. Congrats on the loss! You were stalled for awhile if I remember correctly.

Got my 3 mile walk in again this morning. I have to find something else that I enjoy that makes me sweat as good as Leslie does before I get bored I have to get my gf 3 mile tape because I think it's different than the one I have. She loaned it to her SIL who isn't using it!

We have a birthday party this afternoon and although I should skip the cake because of the snacking I was doing...I won't . I have been exercising a lot so that should counteract the snacks. I love cake and never buy it except for my boys birthdays so I will indulge in a piece. I will ask for a middle piece with less frosting...I used to go for the corners!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Take care and I'll check back in later. Hello to anyone I didn't personally address!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again! Everyone must be having a great saturday and staying busy. Wish I could be doing something fun. I'm just hanging around the house doing nothing.
Geri, I hope you stay out of that kitchen tonight! Just look at your signature, 17 lbs gone by april 1st, you can do it! But you have to get rid of that late night eating. I know you can do this. Hope you are enjoying that party.
We had Chicken Creole Rice for dinner, it's from Zatarains. It was really good. The kids are playing the gamecube again and I am bored. I guess I could clean or fold laundry.... NAH! I rather be bored, lol.
Oh, I've been thinking more about that 6 week challenge. I wouldn't start it until april 9th, I was giving myself until april 4th to reach my goal weight ( my anniversary) so I want to be able to weigh in to see if I made it or not. So that makes it 4 weeks away. But I am seriously wanting to do it. I just know once I hit 130 lbs I'm going to really think hitting 120 is years away and I don't want my scale to take over my life while I get those last 10 lbs off. So maybe a 6 week challenge of no weighing would help me lose those last 10 lbs, tone this body, and keep my sanity too. But I still want to hear what you all think. I posted the idea at the WW site and most people thought it was a dumb idea not to weigh in weekly. But I think that as long as I was OP (which I normally am) I shouldn't have to worry about gaining weight, unless it was muscle related, so then why weight weekly? But maybe I'm not thinking straight.
ok, got to get off of here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:42 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello. The shopping trip was ok- Dh was in a crummy mood because Dicks' (sporting goods store) was out of the stuff he wanted to get for Ds. So he will be going out again tomorrow to Anaconda- a huge sporting goods store that is usually very well stocked. Dh is obsessive about his baseball stuff.........totally obsessive. Tommorrows trip should (please, Lord?) be successful.

Spryng- I would continue to WI- only because you can't expect to gain say 10# of muscle mass. There has to be some way of making sure that you are still OP. But, of course you will be focusing on the non scale victories, should you gain a # or two of muscle. I will look thru my WW materials and see what/how they discuss that. But, of course, you are looking for a nonscale victory- and Laura counts that as just as important as a scale loss- being that you are now at a healthy weigh. You are doing great......don't get discouraged!!!!! With TOM approaching, that is all to easy to do.

Geri-Glad that TOM showed up, so at least you had a good excuse for the snacking!!!!!
Enjoy the cake- sometimes you have to allow yourself a normal snack. And a middle piece (I am a frosting freak too) will be yummy. Leslie has a 4 mile tape too- you can break it up into segments. I enjoy that one too. Good job getting that 3 miles in.

Gotta go get Dd into bed, the poor kid is still dragging from the ear ache, but she is improving.
BTW- Ds will be 15 (Lord, give me grace) on Wednesday. A St Patricks day baby- although there is not one drop of Irish blood in him and we do not celebrate it.
See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 03-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #30  

Hey Ya'll

I have had a horrible week. I don't remember the last time I posted. Dh and I sat down to do our finances and 2 credit cards that we have raised our rates to 20% b/c we were getting close to our max limit on those cards. We have had to put a lot on credit since Dh was laid off. Anyway, I was sooo mad and I called to see if they would lower the interest since we had not been late on any payments and they said no. They explained that since we had not paid a substancial amount on the card, we must be in financial strain. DUH!!!! So they raised the interest rate which doubled my payments. Dh is starting out with a very low salary and I don't know how we are going to make it. I feel like they have kicked us while we are down. I can't go to work cause I never went to college. I had Andrew at 19 and wanted to stay home with him. After paying a sitter for Alex it wouldn't pay me to work since I couldn't get a job for more than minimum wage. Maybe if I was in a big city it would be easier. I don't know I'm just STRESSED OUT!!!! I have also done some stress eating and have gained to pounds. Candy and Melinda I guess this isn't our week for weight loss!! I'll quit being negitive now. Well, I just wanted everyone to know I'm still here. I've just been busy with finances and such. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow! Think I'll go get a cup of coffee and try to relax!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote