Old 03-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Here I am again!
Ginny, you feeling better as the day goes on? How do you hang dry in a NY winter?? They actually dry when it is that cold outside??
Penny, I LOVE my makeup. It is my one luxury. I do wear it just about every day. If I take a shower in the morning and am not going anywhere I may just wear my moisterizer and that is all, but I usually always have makeup on.
Ricci, I don't know if the stretch mark cream is working or not because I forget to use it everyday. I'm going to try and make myself put it on everyday and pay attention. But it's hard to tell with my stomach reshaping because of losing weight and working out and they are so old anyway. But I'll try to get you better results. If you check it out on epinions.com alot of women swear it has helped their marks get better. So I know it has the potential to work if I would just get consistant. And congrats on your stomach getting flatter! I've been noticing mine doing the same. When they say pilates sculpts your body slim I think they are right!! I just love how my abs and thighs are changing. And I don't even do it very often!! BTW, what are your stats??
Well, lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich and some fat free pringles, dinner will be leftover spaghetti, I'll just have to cook some more noodles but I have plenty of sauce leftover. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. I went through my pantry and freezers and they are so bare and what little meat is in the freezers look very old and freezer burned. So I just need to go grocery shopping. I'm looking for very easy and cheap meals to make this next week. Any ideas?? well they don't have to be that easy to make, just cheap on ingrediants. We had a big bill come out this week which leaves very little for groceries so I'm trying to find some cheap meals. So any ideas would be great!! What is everyone else having tonight?
Ok, got to get off of here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:16 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Spyng,

I don't know of any cheap meals. I have bought the Rostiere Chicken from Wal-Mart already cooked. $3.97 here and yesterday I had a coupon for one from Winn Dixie for 2.00. I am a coupon freak! LOL

I also make homemade pizza with the crust you have to make. It is pretty cheap.

Hummm...... I am not much help today Sorry!

I am also curious about drying clothes in the cold! Louisiana has such crazy weather I can put my clothes outside in the sun and ten minutes later it is raining

I use the Avon Stretch Mark smoother and the Cellulite Cream. I like it and think it works on my road map stomach!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #18  

Good idea on drying the clothes outside. The weather is great for that in SC. We had an extra dryer b/c before we got married we both had one. Anyway, I thought the one at our house was shrinking clothes. We gave that one away and the other one isn't any better. I have to use it two times on each load. It is electric which I think is the reason it takes so long. I am going to get DH to put up a line this weekend. I'll see what he says.

Ginny - Great on the workouts. I will have to do pilates or get a tape. The gym times are in the afternoon.

My bf has been trying to have a baby for about 2 years. They are going to try IVF. I so want her to be pregnant. She has really had a hard time with mil pressure and her father passed away a year ago. Anyway, I found out another friend is pregnant. BF actually threw the shower on Sunday for her SIL. It almost brings me to tears everytime I think about it. All she has wanted was to get married and have kids. I didn't even know if I wanted them for sure and thought the endometris would be a problem. Love JW to pieces and would love 2-3 more. I never imagined she would be the one with all the fertility issues. Anyway once again feels good to get it off my chest.

Thanks for the support on the nursing. Had a bad experience at Wal-mart with the cashier not letting us use the coupons, called manager all that kind of stuff. Sorry not to get personal, brain dead.

I don't see a workout in my future today. Will down the water though.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #19  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all, had to go back to the dr this morning for ear infection. They gave me a shot in the booty, hip really, and a stronger antibiotic and some pain pills and a decongestant. The dr said it is the worst ear infection he has ever seen. I was mad at first but by the time the dr got to me I was crying. I am not a cryer so it was embarrassing but the pain has been so intense for 3 days I just couldn't take it anymore. So he gave me lots of free samples and was super nice. I then went and got my address (I have an address!!!) and then went and got my zoning permit so now we can finally get our building permit! So, I am zapped.

This place has been busy today!!! I'll put in my 2 cents on the breastfeeding...my son wouldn't latch on, it would take 15 to 20 minutes each boob everytime for the first month. We would be soaked because of course the milk came down. DD sucked so hard I had spasms of pain that ran all the way through to my back. With both, at 10 days old I got breast infections, ran a fever of 105 and had at least 6 more infections by the time they were 6 months old. I bf both until 16 months. The first 6 months were torture but totally worth it and I didn't feel I had any other choice. Just couldn't imagine giving my baby formula. Plus my SIL formula fed both my nieces and had tons of problems with colic and such. And it was soooo easy at night. Dh would get the baby and we would nurse in bed and we'd both fall back alseep until it was time to switch boobs then I'd roll over and we'd fall back asleep until next feeding time. Oh, this has got me wanting another one soooo bad!!! Anyways, I'm all for it but understand for those who aren't. But you can never tell me bottle feeding is easier. No way!!!

Ok, cheap dinners...pasta is cheap. I like the rotisserie chicken idea because that could be a meal one night with sides and then the next night you use the leftovers to make chicken and rice burritos. Yummy! (Of course now I eat them with rice and beans, equally yummy!) Nachos are a favorite of my kids and you could also do taco salad. Just some ideas. Don't know how cheap they are. Since I started with the raw thing, my grocery bill is way higher but the kids and I never eat out anymore during the week and we actually eat all the food instead of letting some go to waste so I think it is a good trade off.

Hope everyone got in their exercise. I can't right now but will be back to it soon!!! Oh and Spryng, the Pig Pickin is a bbq contest. DH placed 11th out of 70 with his ribs one year. I think they are only doing whole hog this year. I am not going. They used to get free tickets for family but this year I would have to pay and it wouldn't be worth it since I wouldn't be eating. My cousin is coming up though so it will be nice to see her and her husband.

Ginny, I sure home you get to feeling better. Lots and lots of vitamin C!!! Not that I should be telling anyone how to get better...I'm a mess!!! I know what to do, just don't necessarily do it!

Hi to everyone else and thanks Ricci for starting the new thread. Told you we wait for you! I'll try to get more personal later!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Tanner just didn't want a nap today, I finally got him down. Now for some "me" time
Melinda, that is how it was for my best friend also. She tried for way over a year to get pregnant and it just wasn't happening. But she is also 5'7" and weighs about 90-95 lbs. So she was super thin. Well she still is. She is 35 weeks along now. And she is only 110 lbs!! And it's all belly. So cute But I know how your heart goes out to the ones you love that struggle to have kids. I get pregnant very easily (too easily obviousy, lol) and carry them without any problems and labor and delivery are always so easy for me. So I am hoping things go great for her and I can't wait until she has this little girl!!!
Penny, I can't believe how much we have in common!! I use that same cream! Well, sporadically anyway. But that is too funny. How has it changed your stretch marks? Made them lighter? Shrank them? I'm not sure what I am looking for with it. Were yours silver already when you began using it? or red still? Mine are all silver and I want them to look transparent. I know they will never dissapear this side of a miracle but smaller and more the color of my own skin would be great. The already cooked chicken from walmart sounds great! I never think to look in that section for meals, and that is a great price. Maybe I'll try one of those this week. Homemade pizza sounds good too. I love to buy french bread and cut it in half length wise and make pizza out of it but I have no idea what the points would be per slice. Anyone know?
Well, I guess I will get off of here and roam the WW page. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #21  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

Candy ~ Sorry you got the shot but glad that they finally got you some good stuff!

Which reminds me, I have to bring Andrew in soon for them to test his blood. When he was in the hospital they found he is anmenic (how the heck do you spell that?!) Anyhow, he is on a iron med 2x daily and his kidney infection medicine. My poor baby, I feel so bad b/c my kids have never had any type of problems but It could be worse! I am just praying for no surgery. We have to go back in two more months to find out. I want to wean him but then I want to keep feeding him incase he has the surgery. I think the comfort would help him through it. He absoutely loves nursing.

Anyway,
Food ideas once again.......
I love doing taco salad. I buy the baked doritos and everyone loves them with the salad! I also like making the homemade mac n cheese with cubed ham. Can you tell I love carbs! I am wanting to start incorporating some carbs back into my diet, which I did tonight. And try and just eat healthy and have some just not as much as I did before.

We had Impossible Cheeseburger Pie tonight off the Reduced Fat Bisquick Box. It was really good. I have also made the Chicken pot pie off there too!

All this food is making me hungry again

To answer the stretch mark question. All my stretch marks are now the same color as my skin but they are still pretty big.

And the pilates, Spryng, you must have the pick your spot pilates. I bought the Fat Burning pilates. They do half the workout standing pilates with aerobics and the second half is floor pilates! I love it and did it again today!

Have a great one,
I will check back in later
Penny
Old 03-10-2004, 09:58 PM   #22  
2BoysMom

Good evening all,

Penny, hope all goes well with Andrew...it's such a bummer when the little ones have to take meds. I'm so blessed to have 2 healthy boys (so far ).

Spryng, cheap meals....pasta is the best one but you just had spaghetti. Nachos or taco salad is a great suggestion, any of the morningstar farms stuff because you can feed all 4 of you on 1 box and have some veggies or pasta or salad on the side. BTW I got the fajita burgers....not near as good as the pizza burgers . I was kind of disappointed. We eat a lot of chicken breasts because you can buy them by the 4 lb bag now and I cut the big ones in half. Chicken legs and thighs are cheap also...just take the skin off . I always have a hard time coming up with dinners. Seems we always eat the same. Tonight was BLTs and soup. I had tomato soup with my sandwich. You know...breakfast makes a very inexpensive supper and the kids usually love it...eggs or french toast or pancakes...not great for your diet but inexpensive for the kiddies.

Candy I hope you finally have meds that will work for you! What shot did they give you? Was it an antibiotic? I don't blame you one bit for crying. HOw the heck are you supposed to get everything done for work, the kids, the new house (congrats on the address by the way ) when you feel like absolute s t !!

Melinda...I want to hang clothes out so bad right now . They say it got up to 49 today but it was so windy that it was cold. We went for 1 walk around the subdivision and my hands were freezing. That was my first workout of the day...pushing both kids (now about 65 lbs) plus the stroller...when I got to the hill I didn't think I was going to make it . Anyway tomorrow it's supposed to be about 32 and raining/snowing....WINTER'S BACK . Maybe I'll head on down to SC for a bit!! Sorry you had a rough time at Walmart...did you win??

Penny, makeup? I won't leave home without it! I feel like such a total slob if I don't put it on even if I'm not going anywhere...but now that I'm home there are days I just put on moisturizer. I don't wear much anyway...foundation, concealer (under eyes) mascara and a little blush. I've run into my gf at the grocery store on the weekends...no makeup and flat hair and I always think she looks horrible...but then again who is she trying to impress?? Vanity

Hi Ricci! Glad your tummy is getting flatter. I should do the pilates more often than I do. I've gotten hooked on the WATP and usually only do them when I don't have time to do the 3 mi walk.

Ginny, sure hope you get over the cold quickly!

Tonight I did the treadmill for my workout. Even ran for 2 minutes straight . Had to make up for the 2 mini baby ruths and a cookie I had for dessert tonight. Wanted some sugar and ... you guessed it...was at my Mom's this afternoon! I don't buy that crap! It was there...so I ate it. Oh well.

Hi to Andrea and anyone else out there. Have a great night everyone.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:24 PM   #23  
Movin' to the Country!

Geri, you would have to talk about french toast!!! OOOOH! I love french toast and haven't had any in ages. You would have to remind me about it!!! I'll be thinking about you when I eat it which will be soon, I'm sure!!! Congrats on getting your exercise. And yes, the shot was antibiotic. I am feeling a little light in the head now but no pain, thank goodness!!! I got fussed at a little at the staff meeting and my response on all accounts was, "I'll try to do better." I'm not sure how much longer they will put up with that. They've only been hearing it for almost 5 years!!! They are way too patient.

As for the make-up poll, I'm that pale-faced ponytailed girl that Geri thinks bad things about!!! I usually only wear make up when I go out for a special time with DH and occasionally to my meetings though I rarely have time to put it on. I do put lotion on my face and that's about it. I had eczema really bad from the time I was a young teenager on and the make up always just seemed to make it the dry, cracked skin look worse so I just never developed the habit. I do like "Bare Essentials" the mineral make up and that is what I use when I use it.

Penny sorry the baby was anemic. Does he like peas? They are actually pretty good for iron. Hope the meds are working. I hate when the poor babies have to get stuck!

Spryng, figured out what your gonna buy for dinner yet?

Ok, ??? for all you "hang the clothes out" girls. I tried it back when Sean was a baby to save money but my clothes were always stinky. We didn't have a dog then but they kind smelled like dog. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just Charleston??? I used fabric softner in the wash but they never smelled good so I quit doing it. Besides that it was just too much with work and a new baby. But I would like to do it now, if for no other reason than just to be outside but I don't have a line anymore.

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am doing much better now, even if it is just the pain meds making me feel "GOOD"!!! I actually fixed dinner tonight, veggie lasagna and french bread. Sean set the table and fixed the salads all by himself. He put the romaine and spinach in the bowls. Then fished out the greek olives from the jar and put them in the bowl and then put in the sprouts. I topped it with feta cheese. I was really proud of him. He had unloaded the silverware from the dishwasher before doing that. He was a good helper tonight.

Well, I'm off. Hope everyone had a good night! Talk to you tomorrow!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 PM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies,
Wanted to post real quick before heading off for the night. But now I hear Andrew fussing so I might be up a little longer.....

It sounds like everyone is doing great for the most part. I will find out tomorrow how my weight is doing. I weigh on record on Thursday mornings..... We'll see
Have a great night,
Penny
Old 03-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
No work today.. Dd woke up crying with an earache, so it is off to the Dr for me!! She has had a cold with me, so this is no surprise. I am feeling a wee bit better.......did my WW workout this am (I love it). I am clueless which WW meeting I will get to- there is another one at 12 today (if I keep Dd home all day and this is not just badly plugged ears), one tonite (will probably be too pooped for that) and one tomorrow in Middletown- which seems the most likely to me and then I can get to Walmart too. Gotta go hang out that infamous wash and get to the Dr. Sorry I can't get personal right now.
See ya !
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #26  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ginny,

I am so sorry your dd has a ear infection. It seems like everyone is getting sick Hope the appointment goes well and she starts feeling better

Let us know how weigh in goes if you get to go!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #27  
soontobethin

Good morning,
I woke up today with a cold. I think I caught it from the little boy I have been watching. He's old enough to cover his mouth, but he usually does it after he has already coughed or sneezed or whatever.
Depends on what kind of mood I'm in if I wear make up or not. Usually I don't wear any at home. When I do wear it, its usually mascara, liner and lip gloss. But, I too have been that flat haired no make up wearing sweats person. My mom had permanent eye liner and lipstick put on about two years ago. But, she is one of those lucky people who look good no matter what. Her and my SIL. Makes me sick sometimes. I was talking to my brother last night and somehow dinner came up. He told me what he had ate, which was enough for three people, and I am not exagerrating. He is so skinny. All three of my brothers are tall and thin, and my sister and I got the not so skinny genes. I don't think thats quite fair.
Spryng, as for my stats, I am 5'7 154. I haven't measured with a tape measure to see how many inches I have lost. I think I will today though, and then I can measure again in a couple of weeks. some one metioned french toast. I love stuffed french toast. You put cream cheese or fruit between two bread slices, and fry it up like normal, then top it with fruit or syrup. It is soooooooo good. We don't have it that often. I really don't care for the taste of syrup. I would rather have fruit on top of my french toast or pancakes or what ever. Well, I hope everyone has a good day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:14 AM   #28  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies,

Ricci, so sorry you have a cold now....this better not make it over to my house ladies GET WELL SOON! I have never had stuffed french toast....it sounds delicious though...so I had better stay away from it

Ginny, boy not much goes smoothly for you!! Hope Dd gets better soon. Glad you got your workout in this morning.

Penny, how did the WI go??

Candy, so sorry I mentioned french toast! Maybe if you use really good bread and no butter or syrup (yeah right) and just topped it with fruit it would be the same (who am I kidding) Glad you're feeling a little bit better this morning. OK, the makeup thing is alot like the breastfeeding thing....a personal choice! I'm older than you so need all the help I can get I have no clue about the clothes smelling like a dog. I love the smell of clothes dried outside and there's nothing in the world like crawling into bed when the sheets have hung outside to dry and you have freshly shaved legs! Talk about luxurious! Hey, it's the little things in life!

Spryng, where are you this morning? It's pretty late for you to have not posted Hope all is OK.

Andrea, Melinda ... anyone else?? Hope you're all having a good morning.

I got a 3 mi walk with Leslie this morning so I'm done for the day..it was beautiful and sunny when we got up this morning...I saw a woodpecker in one of our trees, many of the usual birds & squirrels and the mama and papa duck that hang out in our neighborhood each spring...it was lovely. Within 2 hours the clouds came over and it started to snow . Oh well, it is only March.

Gotta go... Tony's whining for mama. TTYL!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #29  
2BoysMom

I just got this in an email & thought you would enjoy it!

Thoughts on children

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like
shoveling the drive before it has stopped snowing.

"There is only one pretty child in the world... and every
mother has it." - Chinese Proverb.

Mothers of teens know why some animals eat their young.

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents,
despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Children will soon forget your presents. They will always
remember your presence.

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat
word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind
yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your kids.

"Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?"

Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of
the people some of the time, but you can never fool mom.

I love to give homemade gifts. Which one of my kids
do you want?

A child's greatest period of growth is the month after
you've purchased new school clothes.

Anyone who says "Easy as taking candy from a baby"
has never tried it.

Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching
them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years
telling them to sit down and shut-up.

The best inheritance parents can give their children is
a few minutes of their time each day.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:20 AM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Boy do I feel like a bad mommy.......Dd has a double ear infection and the one ear is pretty bad. The Dr asked to look at the "good" ear first.......then looked at me and commented that the one that did not hurt was infected!!!
The other one is a mess..so we have to go back in 2 weeks to see that all is normal. Poor kid....well, I guess she just inherited a high tolerance for pain (got that from her Mama!). So, homebound we are today. I am unsure if she will go to school tomorrow- it is all up to her.

So- my WW meeting is kaput for today- I will get to the one tomorrow am after I get the monsters to school. I did WI here and was pleased with the results.....looks like I lost maybe a pound- but I did not WI on my scale last week, so I will have to go with whatever WW says tomorrow. At least it was not bad news.

Ricci- sorry that you are not feeling so hot. Hope that the cold goes quickly.
How much more weight do you want to lose? I did not realize that you were that tall- 154 is probably at the top of normal range for your height, which is good. I hear ya with the genes for holding weight. Stinks, doesn't it!!!!!!! But you are a beautiful person......inside and out.....and selling yourself short a ton by saying that you are not one of those who look good no matter what.

Penny-how did the WI go???? And did Andrew give you a sane night? I hope he did not fuss too much!

Candy- I am so happy that you are feeling better!!!!!! ( I must admit that I was a wee bit scheptical of amoxcillin when you mentioned how bad your ear was). Thank goodness for all the medications they have now. Congrats on the address for you house! Glad that is going well.

Geri- good for you getting that workout in and running for a while! Bet that felt good. I hear ya- going to Mom's can be tough, mine usually has all kinds of junk around that can be tempting. Well, at least you got it out of your system (junk craving that is) and now have a few days before your next WI to get back on track.

My computer is acting buggy.....so I am going to sign off. Hi to Melinda, Jackie, Andrea.........did I miss anyone???? Forgive me if I did.

Spryng- before I forget......that WW veggie soup is good for you and can basically be made with whatever you have around the house....I know someone brought up the soup and sandwich idea- but the kids usually love it and if you got a batch of the WW soup made for yourself you could still stay OP. If I think of any other easy on the budget meals I will let you know.

Have a great day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote