Old 03-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at home Moms #132

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good morning!

Ginny ... I didn't know there was a 4 mile tape. I have Leslie's Power Walk ... there's a Power Firm section with lower body exercises and a 3 mile walk section that can be broken down to 1, 2 or the whole thing. Leslie and I have become good friends.
We had to go through the screaming thing with Will too. I know it only takes a few days to a week, but it still pulls at the heart you know? He woke up around 3:30 for his pacifier but went back to sleep until about 6:30. So he did very well his first night. I never heard him ... Dh got up

Penny, congrats on the 2.5# That's terriffic

Melinda, so sorry about your Mom and her lack of understanding/support. My sister's ex-MIL is Japanese and she had the same attitude about everything in life...very opinionated and unwilling to try to understand. Good that Dh and your sister are more supportive. My mom will bring candy over for Will and when I asked her not to once all I got was the "I can't help it if you have no willpower" speech. Let's hope we all remember this when we're older and give our kids a break And we're all here for you and will cheer you on through the good and bad times!!

Spryng I have a Sony 3.2 mp digital. I bought Paint Shop Pro 7/Animation Shop 3 for editing. It does some really cool things but I haven't played with it enough to really do all the neat stuff. I will do that one of these days and stop paying for Sears to do our pictures!

Did the 3 mile WATP this morning so the exercise is done for the day again. Now doing a little laundry and straightening up before I go shopping. I'm way to excited so I probably won't find anything .

Candy, Ricci, anyone else I missed ... have a great OP day.

Talk to you all later!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Geri ~
Doesn't it figure everytime you go shopping with money to spend, you can't find anything. But when ya ain't got a dime, you find a millions things to buy.

Hope you beat the odds today!

When do you weigh in at TOPS?

Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
Geri thanks for starting the new thread. I can't remember the last time our thread got to 4 pages! We have been doing alot of yaking, lol. I want to buy a nice picture editing program too. I use the one that came with the camera but I know there are some really neat programs out there. I put most of my pics online at ofoto.com and they have some neat things you can do with your pictures too but you can't print them from their site, you have to order them, which I haven't done yet. But for me to share them on here I have to upload them to a photo site online so I use ofoto.com for that.
Well, my breakfast was so good and filling. I don't normally have a high pt breakfast but it just sounded so good. I used 1 low fat flour tortilla, 1/2 cup southwestern egg beaters scrambled, 1 slice fat free cheese, 1 morningstar farms sausage patty I cut into small pieces and taco sauce, put all that in my tortilla and it was very good and filling. It's lunch time and I'm still not hungry!! And it was 5 pts. So not too high in pts but filling.
Well I need to get the kids some lunch. I will be back later. Hopefully we can all chat today at 2 pm central?? I will check then to see if anyone shows. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

It's good to be back here checking up on all you gals. It's hard for me to post regularly due to either no working computer or no time to even turn on the computer! I missed visiting with you all, so here I am. Oh my, I was going to scroll down & read all of the posts & answer you all individually, but...I must have hit the wrong reply button & now it won't let me scroll at all. So-I guess I'll post this and then return later with my greetings. TTFN
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #6  

hey Jackie!!!! I was just thinking about you this morning. Actually I had your letter with your picture on it in my hand while I was cleaning up my entertainment center and I was lost in thought about you. I sure miss you. I hope you computer starts acting right and you get more time to post here. How have you been??
Well, I thought I was going to get to chat at 2 pm today but the kids ended up going down for their naps early so I think I will grab one too. After all the cleaning I've been doing I am so tired. So I will chat with you all later. What is everyone having for dinner tonight? Leftover one-dish rosemary chicken with white beans for me. It's a lazy night ahead, lol. TTYL!
Old 03-04-2004, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Spryng:

Thanks for thinking about me! I'll have to give you a call sometime to catch up on everything. I'm finding out going back to the "Old Fashioned" way of comunicating sometimes works out better for me. That way I can keep on working around the house while chatting. I will probably be able to post more often once the "working" computer gets out of my ds's room. I plan on moving it back into the basement, close enough to the recumbant bike. I definitely need to dust the bike off, as I haven't followed through with my plans to pedal it. I'm disgusted with the way I look, so hopefully soon I'll be burning those calories & pounds away! Penny: I think you're new since I posted last, so welcome to our thread! (If you're not new, please forgive me as my memory isn't the best lately!) Geri: Hey neighbor, nice to read your post too! I see you & a few others have shed some pounds since my last visit, congrats! You gals sure give me incentive! Oh my, the time has sure went by quite quickly here & I have to scoot. I'll try & get back here sooner than later, okay? TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 03-04-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:15 PM   #8  

Spryng - My father and sister have the Kodak DC and the program that goes with it. My dads pictures have turn out really good and he uses that website as well. I think they charge .29 a picture.

Geri - We have the Sony also and it did not come with a program. We use one that is already on our computer, but I am not happy with it. I think the real problem is that I am not happy with my computer. It is about 4 years old and I remember the salesman saying I would never need a faster computer.

I take my memory stick or copy photos to cd and go to Costco, only .19 a picture. At this stage all of JW expressions are so cute, I usually end up getting them all.

4/5 on the gym for today. When I was on the treadmill, I saw the news at 12 and a father had shot his 5 month baby. Some dispute over custody. It made me so sick to my stomach. There are crazy people out there. SC once again will probably be on the National News.

Have a Happy Thursday!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

OK Geri,

What did ya buy???

Freckles,
Nice to "meet" you. I haven't posted in months, but I am back. Hope you get the puter moved and start posting again And brush the dust off the exercise equipment

Melinda,
Congrats on the exercise!!!! How much weight have you lost so far? Aren't you on South Beach?

Be back later on this evening! Gotta finish up my deer roast and get Hunter ready for Karate!

Take care,
Penny
Old 03-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #10  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone,

OK, I bought one pair of sandals for me, an easter garden flag for me, a Pilates balance ball for me (are you sensing a theme here??? ME???). Actually, that's it for just me. I bought a sconce and candle to finish off the main bathroom, and then for a mere $28 I got a 2 piece outfit, a cinderella nightgown, an initial necklace and some nail polish for my girl friend's daughter for her 7th birthday. Her's were the best deal 'cause half of it was on clearance. They had 50% off of the clearance price plus my additional 30% ... it was almost a steal. Dh is going to go this weekend for himself. He's not easy to buy for and he admits it.

Hi Jackie! Glad to see you back. Hope you get the computer moved soon. Dust off that exercise equipment!! That is what has helped me to lose 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Melinda, congrats on the workout. BTW we had a guy who shot his gf who was 8 months pregnant and killed them both....so it's everywhere!

Spryng, we had leftovers too. I had a boneless pork chop, baked potato and corn. Don't know what I'm making tomorrow yet.

Hi Ginny, Ricci, Candy, Penny & Andrea...hope I didn't miss anyone! Have a great night. I think I'll bloe up my balance ball & play a bit... til ds takes it away from me
Old 03-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi all! Just a quickie. I had a work seminar thing today at 1pm but I did get in a 2 mile walk before going. I'm pooped though. I'm gonna turn in early tonight and try taking some valerian to help me sleep better. Hope everyone has a good night! Geri, no ER tonight! Boo hoo but I am glad because I don't need to be up until 11pm tonight!!! TTYL!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #12  

Candy, Geri, - My Dh and I watch ER as well. Thurs is our date night, we watch TV together. We are stuck on the Apprentice too.

Geri - Have fun with your new goodies. The balance ball is fun once you get the hang of it.

Penny - I am really doing a combo of all diets I know. I lost 10 pounds the first phase of South Beach. Since I have been on the boards about 4 pounds, weigh in tomorrow.

Went to Outback for dinner has the steak, steamed veggies, and salad. Good for low carbs, but it is always so salty when we eat out. Another one of our weight loss problems is that we eat out too much. We have gotten a lot better since I am staying at home, but still excessive. I feel like I have to drink a gallon of water to get the salt out. We will see tomorrow.

Good luck with the weigh ins.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
No time to get personal.......just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a good day.Welcome back, Jackie!!!!!
See ya later.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:19 AM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!!!

Lost another post Oh well,

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!

Its lent, so no meat for me today!

Well I am down another 1.5 pounds. That makes 8 so far and still have another 15 before I get back to pregnancy weight
And still have to keep losing to get to goal!

Well Rome wasn't built in a day! And I didn't gain all this weight overnight, right!

Take care, Be back later
Penny
Old 03-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
Well I just did my WI and guess what?? I'm down 1.5 lbs!!!! I don't know how that happened since I ate over my pts friday through monday and didn't get back OP until tuesday. But I lose that lb I gained last week (due to overeating) and 1/2 lb to go along with it! I'm at 134 now!!!!! 4 more lbs until goal. I am so excited and happy. There will be no screwing up this week, 100% OP for me. But I was so suprised when I stepped on the scale because I thought I would see another gain. Whew, the weight loss fairies must have been looking out for me, lol.
Penny, enjoy your day of no meat! That would be easy to give up for me because I'm a bread and pasta person. Maybe you could but some veggie burgers or something to have instead? I just love them. And congrats on your 1.5 lb loss too!! Maybe it's something in the water??
Melinda, you are a stronger person that me. I always eat loaf after loaf of that great bread at outback. I can't stay away from it. Can't wait to hear about your WI!
Candy, I hope you got a great nights sleep. Hopefully today you can relax a little.
Geri, sounds like you had fun shopping, and I loved your theme "me", lol. I love to shop just for me sometimes. But we women know it doesn't happen very often.
Jackie, I would love for you to give me a call. Anytime. I don't know if you have my new number though. I'll pm it to you. I know those lbs will slip off you once you dust that bike off and are ready to get back on the saddle, Hope to see you here more often.
Well ladies, I have to hop in the shower, and then head to town to get groceries for the week. So I'll be gone for a few hours. TTYL!