Old 03-02-2004, 07:24 PM   #91  

Mitchy your a girl after my own heart. I have stayed 25 now that I have a DD about my age! LOL My family gives me two cakes one that says happy 25th and the other says the lost years! I hope you have a happy Birthday! (just in case I don't tell you on your Birthday because I will be out of town)
I also agree with Sunny on the trip thing. I think that is strange that he would not call or come around and now wants to take you on a trip? As a friend I would advise you not to go.

Sprout-I am really worried about your son. I woke up this morning and watched John Walsh show and they were taking about teen who were cutting and tried to kill themselfs. But the one thing they said and other teens said is to take what your child says or acts out as serious! Kids now days have a lot of anger and pain. Why I don't know. I went through a lot when I was a teen so I guess I do understand some of thier sadness. If you need a friend we are here for you.

SunnyD-I have been having it tough! My head pounded so hard this morning until I drank a diet coke. And of course I have been having lower pain all day. I guess you can't go from that much Coke to two without withdraws! And I know your right. I have been drinking water and I can tell it is flushing out my kidneys ( I was up 3 times last night ) That is what opened my eyes my kidneys were hurting again and when I thought about it I realized how much Coke I was intaking.

Ez-How did the puppy do today? Mine was spayed today. I feel so bad for her. When I walked into the Vet the Dr. took her right away she was talking to her telling her how cute she was. (and I thought you won't like her) They are keeping her overnight and I have missed her all day. I am picking her up right away Wensday and I feel so bad because we are going out of town thursday and I hate to leave her.

eeyore-Wow your kids are close! I will keep them in my prayers I know it is a big thing to walk on the dark side now. I have seen a group of kids around here who did the whole dressed up in black. I have worked with some of these kids and they just trying to standout.

I got to go. I got a phone call! Prayers are with you!
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #92  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Sami~the best part of how you celebrate your birthday is that you get 2 cakes! Cool! Think that is a great idea! Actually, I don't even eat cake usually for my birthday cuz my parents aren't here, and why have a cake for me? But maybe i'll treat myself to a piece of cake or pie..........
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #93  
child of God

sami - thanks for the prayers; I thank God for every day He allows these kids another breath, another opportunity to turn from their ways and truly give their lives over to HIS control!!

still very wet and muddy here mainly from the remaining snow melting slowly away but it's not all dark and gray, just peaceful.. it's been nice not having to run so much wood through the woodstove (our main heating source)

hubby got some good rest finally last night, now I'm feeling a little "swirly" in my tummy so not sure if I'll get to do my workout today - will just see how it goes as I'm not anxious to stop so soon after restarting now definitely to watch that water intake as sunny always says!

hope you are all having a wonderful day and enjoying the Lord's blessings in your lives.. praising Him with you... cheering you on!!

*eeyore*

Israel shall be saved in the Lord, with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded; world without end.
Isaiah 45:17 KJV

The way of life is above to the wise,
that he may depart from **** beneath.
Proverbs 15:24 KJV

eeyore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #94  
child of God

Default have your cake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchypoo
...maybe i'll treat myself to a piece of cake or pie..........
not sure what health program you follow or what you like, but thought I'd share a few links with your pallet

FLUFFY GRASSHOPPER PIE with lowfat/low sugar options
http://baking.about.com/library/recipes/bljello4.htm

TOASTED PECAN CHOCOLATE SWIRL CHEESECAKE (LOW CARB)
http://www.cookingcache.com/lowcarb/...elowcarb.shtml

ALMOND POUND CAKE (LOW CARB)
http://www.cookingcache.com/lowcarb/...elowcarb.shtml
eeyore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #95  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Eeyore~thank you! Very sweet of you. They all sound good.

Re: Charlie, I realize how it sounded to some of you but in his defense, it's not that weird for him to ask. We have dated more than a couple times and although I felt he wasn't calling and being attentive, he was super busy with work. I don't totally relate to it, cuz I'm not doing multi-M deals, internationally. Or doing presentations for the Board of a major company, but I believe he was sincerely, just busy. It came up, about how i hadn't heard from him since that Sat. when I had the flu, and he was so sorry, kept asking if i was sure, cuz he could have sworn he called to check up on me. He apologized and said he didn't mean to be neglectful although he knew he was.

And i know that I don't know him well enough to go anywhere with him...don't worry. I'm not stupid, i'll try to make good decisions. But it's fun to think about anyway.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #96  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS- Sorry I have not been here for a few days-- working out of town and then going to daughter's tennis matches at night--- tonight we have a big Lutheran High School from Indiana (I think) singing at church after Lenten service-- we are bringing 2 girls home to spend the night and returning them tomorrow-- My daughter is in Georgia for tennis team--spring break-- matches and fun-- flying out Thursday--PRAYERS requested for a safe trip please-- should be able to post soon..AHHH maybe after this week-end-- going out of town for step-d soccer tournament--close to Angie's family so we should see them-BUT FAR FROM RYLEE!!!!!!! BOY DO I HAVE PUPPY STORIES!!--LOL-- no time today--LOVE ALL OF YOU--gotta go
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #97  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Michele!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we Gotta Talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #98  

Hi everybody,
I'm so sorry for not posting more. I'm really going through some rough times, though. Our son & DIL are really doing a number on each other, as well as us. I just don't know how much more I can take of this. I/we love him very much...but, it's hard to help him. He's into drugs, & so is she. The two little girls are in the middle of some of the worse fighting I've ever heard of. He calls us all during the night....so paranoid! He & the girls stayed here last night. Then SHE called during the night! I'm like a zombie walking around hoping to get a little mental & physical rest. I stay very stressed. A few years ago, my nephew was beat to death by a so-called "friend". So, I know the fear of this happening. DIL has a brother & cousins that stay after our son...& he just doesn't have a lick of sense any more! It would be so much easier to help him, if he would stay off the drugs, though. I'll post when I can. But, a lot of the time, these days, I have my hands full....literally! Please keep them in your prayers.

Michelle....You've made some good judgements in the past. I know you'll decide the right thing about this trip. You know in your heart what you should (and shouldn't) do. I have faith in you, that you'll do the right thing.

Sprout....I'm praying about your son's situation. He sounds a lot like our son was, as a teen. Please, don't get me wrong. Our son wasn't & isn't bad. He HAS made some bad choices in his life, though. He's really paying for them, now. I don't know what we could have done differently...but, wish we had the chance to go back, & try. You still have that chance. I know it's very tiring, mentally & physically. I don't want you to go through what we are, later, though. It doesn't have to be drugs, it could be other things. I'm praying hard for your family

Hi Sunny...sounds like you're really hanging in there with your diet & exercise! Oh, I thought of you the other night. We go to eat sometimes where there's an imporium...lots of antiques. Oh....such nice things that you're collecting for your house!

Hello Eeyore, Gary, Wilma, Sami....everyone....take care.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #99  

Default Tip - calcium and weight loss

This tip comes from Dr. Phil's web site.

Calcium Intake and Weight Loss

By JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFI

One of the trainers from Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge recently contacted me regarding the current research on calcium intake and weight loss. If you are interested, on www.pubmed.com, there is an excellent study by Michael Zemel: "Regulation of Adiposity by Dietary Calcium": June 2000.

For those of you who are not as enthralled about reviewing scientific literature, I will summarize the study in layman's terms below. At the end, I will add a "take-away," which is what this research means to you and what you should do about it. If you are really not into science, you can skip directly to that!

The summary:

Increasing dietary calcium in obese patients for one year resulted in a 4.9 kg loss of body fat. Dietary calcium appears to modulate the efficiency of energy utilization — low calcium diets favor increased energy storage (i.e. you store more calories as fat) and high calcium diets reduce energy efficiency and favor increased energy thermogenesis ( i.e. you burn more calories and have a better basal metabolic rate). In the study, the rats fed the higher calcium diets had a higher core temperature, confirming this rise in basal metabolic rate. The major obesity study, NHANES III, found these same results — that the participants with the highest intake of calcium had the lowest percentage of risk of obesity.

The suggested science behind this is that low calcium diets stimulate the increase in a hormone called calcitrol, which increases intracellular storage of calcium in fat cells. This process decreases lipolysis (the use of fat for energy). Conversely, high calcium diets lower calcitrol release and increase lipolysis.

The take away:

You should strive to get your primary calcium intake from your diet and then use supplements to bring it up to ideal amounts. Calcium is a mineral, which means it is a rock, so the form you get it in can significantly impact the amount you can actually absorb — this can vary from 5 to 40 percent in absorption. You don't have to overload with supplemental calcium though, since you will be getting a good amount in your diet. You will need 500 to 1000 mg a day as a supplemental amount.

The other thing that you should do is include fruits, vegetables and green drinks with your dairy servings, as these are alkalinizing and reduce the acid load from the dairy. When your body is hit with an acid load, it has to draw calcium from the bones to buffer the Ph back up to normal. You will see that all of the meals and snacks I have designed include low fat sources of dairy like yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, goat cheese and string cheese combined with fruit or veggies for that reason.

For more information:
www.designsforhealth.com
www.albionlabs.com
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:50 AM   #100  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Not much is happening around here. Today is my long day at work and then I look forward to watching Survivor and CSI tonight. What a life!! I feel like I am getting my eating under control again. Planning more healthy dinners and am still packing that salad every day for work.

Sprout: Thanks for the info. I appreciate the tips. I used to eat or drink too much calcium and ended up having my gallbladder removed because of calcium stones. I have cut back a bit but still have to have my milk eachday.

Angel: I am so sorry that you're going through this with your son. I'm praying that he sees what he's doing and also for strength for you and your DH. HUGS

Gary: We miss you! I think that what you're really doing is spending quality time with Rylee and don't have time to come here. Just kidding!! Those puppies are so cute- messy but cute. Come back and tell us some of those stories.

Hi to Sami, Eyore, Michele and anyone else I missed. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #101  

Default Hi!

Sorry I been gone so long, but when I got home from my parents on Monday I was catching up reading, getting ready to post and I had a staff call in her bil had an an-your- ism (don't know how it is spelled) blow in his head and there was no hope. He passed away that Monday. So, I had to go to work to find coverage. I been working since then and busy kids club on weds. night ect. bowling this morning. But still surviving. I got to see the passion sat with my parents and niece and nephew. (16-13) both kids are saved and baptised and go to christian school. They understood what was going on. It does make you relize some of what he went through for us, because it is suppose to be even worse than what was pictured. I feel for mel, as he has had to put up with alot from hollywood. Byt he has said he plans on making some more biblical films. If the passion is a basis for this these should be awesome.
I got great news over the weekend my sister who is 37 wants to have another baby, but was always very sick during her pregnancys so her husband who has 3 adopted brothers/sisters said he would prefer they adopt are qualified for a 6- month to 18 month baby from China so I might be going to China. I am so excited. This should be cool. Well gotta run, check in tom. hopefully God bless all! Sue
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:11 PM   #102  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Good Afternoon Everyone!
Busy, Busy, Busy here yesterday - nice to see

I just finished my workout for today:
Today is Elliptical Day ~
I went for 35min. (I did a 5 min. jump, so now I will go 35min instead of 30min) 5.40miles & 64oz of water +
I wonder what I will be able to do when I begin my walks outside I am hoping to walk to my Curves over the summer (it's a bit over 2miles in all).
I feel GREAT! I get so very tired at night and was "in bed" by 9:00 last night. Dragggggging myself around to finish up with clean ups and feeding the boys before bed. It was all I had to get it all done. But I feel wonderful today

*~*~*~*

SAMI,
I bet!! Doesn't diet coke also have caffeine? So it's makes all the sense in the world that you would go through withdrawals!! All you can do it just try to decrease as time passes and try to get in more water for those kidneys of yours! I am thinking of you... hope that your back is better and you no longer feel those headaches. I would like everyone to feel as great as I do right now.

EEYORE,
Thanks for the recipes Even though you posted them for MICHELE I am going to try them out too (after Lent ) Hope your hubby is feeling better today.

GARY,
I agree with WILMA - WE MISS YOU!!!!!
Cannot wait (!) to hear your puppy stories!!! Joe & I had a German Shepherd puppy very briefly while we were overseas just after we married - her name was 'PUDDLES' Appropriate... all she did was leave puddles all over the house! We had to give her to a friend, she couldn't come to the U.S. that was so hard for me to do! But the friend needed her more then we did. Come back soon and fill us all in!!!

ANGEL,
So far very good Thanks Angel! I would have LOVED to go shopping with you at that emporium!! It's so cool to think that you thought of me How sweet!

I will hold your DS & DIL & those KIDS(!) in my prayers, Angel... how very sad that you all have to suffer so!! (((Hugs)))

SPROUT,
I hope that you are doing okay... thanks for all the information you left for us. It's always great reading!

WILMA,
Hey... ... I think you have a great life I am a huge Thursday Night fan!!! SURVIVOR - CSI - W/O A TRACE taped because I watch ER. So you are not alone

I wish you well with your diet - it's gotta be so hard when you work! I find it so much easier to plan my day because I am home. Thinking of you!!

SUE,
Always so very good to hear from you! I am so happy for you & your sister seeking children from China I have a niece that has adopted children from Russia and is so very happy with her life and her children! That is awesome! Prayers!!! I am so excited for you all! Keep us posted.

Also glad that you were able to help out that person - how sad! Once I worked for a Jazzercise Instr. who was a mom of 4 young children that died from an aneurysm... so very devastating - no warnings at all... just gone!

So you saw THE PASSION too - super film, huh!! I too feel for MEL He is really being cut apart these days! His film has now grossed OVER $125 MILLION!!! Now is that or what!

How's the bowling?? Do well? My folks use to bowl all the time and so did I as a child, but haven't much at all as an adult - I should give it another go It was fun!

Hey there MICHELE,
That Birthday of yours is getting closer
You doing anything special for you birthday???

*~*

Well, guys... I really must be going. I am meeting my girlfriend for lunch and grocery shopping at 1:30 and still have to take my shower.

Take Care everyone and have a Wonderful Day today!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:17 PM   #103  

Question

PS>
Where's GARNET these days???
Miss you Garnet - if you are lurking about come in and post. Don't worry about responding to each of us, you don't have to
Blessings!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:38 PM   #104  

Smile

I was just watching the news while getting ready to go and they stated that Mel Gibsons "The Passion of The Christ" has grossed over
$135 MILLION in the first week!

Now that is awesome!!
Later guys

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #105  

Default Dieters devotions for March 4, 2004

March 4

Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Jim's watch alarm beeped as the clock struck four. It sounded every hour and every half hour. I turned to him and asked him what he had set so many alarms for. 'I'm on a diet. Every time my watch goes off, I take a moment to say a prayer to God. It may sound crazy, but it has made this the easiest diet I've ever tried. It calms me down and gets my mind off food for awhile. I feel like I've got a partner, and you know, it's always easier to do something when you don't have to do it alone.'
Today's thought: I can be brave during the tough times, because God is with me!
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote