3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #54 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/36527-time-serious-fun-54-a.html)

Trouble_in_China 02-15-2004 02:20 AM

Is it still Saturday back home? I have no idea. :)

Well, I've almost kicked my horrid cold. I gave up on any excersize, but I'm proud that I kept up with the water drinking. I snuck in some Sprite, but it was so unsatisfying. Weaning myself off junk pop is a good thing, I think. The apple juice I had was much more satisfying.

So, one point for me. *grin*

I thought I'd share a funny story about one of my classes. Every time I take on a new class, the first day is just introduction stuff. They each stand up, give me their name, tell me a bit about themselves, and I ask them a random question. I usually ask three or four times in a fifty person class: "Do you have a boyfriend?" or "Do you have a girlfriend?" As you can imagine, everyone turns into fits of giggles, and the victim is quick to disavow any possiblity that they're dating someone.

The last time I did this, I had asked the question about three times when I got to the second last girl in the class. "Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked. The rest of the class exploded, but she announced proudly: "I have lots of boyfriends!" The class couldn't calm down enough to hear the rest of her answer: "My father, my brother, my grandfather..."

I thought it was cute. I do love interacting with the students here.

gma22 02-15-2004 04:57 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll today is: What actress or actor, if any, do you like so much go see ANY movie they are in?

Anna: Cute story! A lot of times, foreigners take our way of expressing ourselves so literally.

Well, I was up checking on the cat, who is doing ok so back to bed for me!

Faye :)

Trouble_in_China 02-15-2004 08:49 AM

Good evening Ladies!

Well, my answer to the poll is easy:

If it's got Sean Connory in it (even if I can't spell his name), I'm there. If the movie sucks (like "League of Extrodinary Gentlemen"), I just close my eyes and listen to him talk. I've got a huge thing for guys with accents.

Which of course has no bearing on the fact that I want to work in a foriegn country. None. Really. *grin*

I have a real liking for Julia Roberts, too, but I think it's just because I like her hair. I picked up the DVD for "Mona Lisa Smile", just cuz her name was on it. (Sadly, didn't like that film, either.)

Kept up my water intake, and I'm even managing to eat again. Go me!

On an unrelated note, I suddenly figured out what I'm going to do when I get fit. I'm going to buy a full length mirror. I can count on one hand with fingers left over the number of times I've willingly looked at myself in the past... um... life. I haven't seen myself below my breasts in years, except when trying on clothes. And usually then, I'll just make sure it fits. So, yeah. A full length mirror. So when I have muscles and stuff to admire, I can admire them.

What about you?

DonnaD 02-15-2004 10:52 AM

Hi :wave: I'm new here.

I've been lurking. You gals seem like a lot of fun.

So, here's my 2cents.(not that I ever just put in my 2cents, dh says if she's not talkin', check her pulse cause she's probably not breathin') So to the question of actress/actor; Mel Gibson! from Lethal weapon(so hot) to Braveheart(scorching) as a soldier, as a dad, as Mad Max. Just love him. I have a chinchilla(refugee from my son's college days) that I name Gibby.(I think he looks australian) and I live 15 minutes from Peekskill, were Gibson lived before moving down under.
So definitely, Mel Gibson :hyper: :faint: :flame: :o :T :love:

Amanda456 02-15-2004 11:56 AM

:corn:For me it would have to be Julia Roberts I just love her. Pretty women is my most favorite movie i am watching it right now :D I even want to see mona lisa smile I never seen it yet but i bet it is a gooder..:corn:

Oh yeah 4 points for yesturday.....I did the whole kathy smith workout What a work out :tread:

Amanda

newme4me 02-15-2004 02:32 PM

Welcome DonnaD!!!
Amanda, Pretty Woman is one of my favorite movies too,
but I fell totally head over heals for Robert Redford many years ago.
I do like Mel Gibson too, I can't wait to see Passion, even though I hear he is not acting in the movie.
I did not do very well on diet yesterday[Valentine's Day] son and girlfriend came over they all wanted to grill T-Bones, so I had to have one to , it was soooooooooo good. back op today
Have a great day, Donna

Amanda Panda 02-15-2004 04:16 PM

Hi all!

WELCOME DONNA D!!!! - join right in!

I got 3 points yesterday.

I like Kevin Spacey and Ed Norton - I usually pick up a film if they are in it - although there was this awful film with Ed Norton on TV recently, the one where he is a priest and his friend is a rabbi - awful!! I don't think I've seen a bad film with Kevin Spacey in it. Funny, but my liking these actors has nothing to do with thinking they are cute - I just think they are good actors. For female actors I quite like Julia Roberts aswell. i also think Tom Hanks has done alot of good films.

Love Amanda xx

cat90 02-15-2004 04:36 PM

Hi Ladies and Welcome Donna :wave:

I don't go to the movies but i am a fan of Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell and i can listen to Sean Connery until the cows come home :love: and i think he is more handsome now than he ever was when he was young :) Sam Elliott got better with age too :lol: pity us women don't :p

I walked/jogged another 3.15mls yesterday :cb: but my left knee was complaining yesterday :rolleyes: so i'm gonna buy some knee supports and if that does'nt work i'll have to go back to plain old walking :rollpin:

gma22 02-15-2004 08:38 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Amanda456 :bravo:
AmandaP :cp:

Cat: Great job on all the exercise lately! Keep up the great work!

WELCOME TO YOU, DonnaD. Since we have 2 Donna's now, It will be Donna and DonnaD so heads up for that ladies!

DonnaD: Any info is in the very first post of the thread as far as what are points, challenges we are doing etc. Please provide a bio and I will add it to my bio stats for newbies. Below is bios on most of us!

The 2 Amandas: Great jobs this weekend girls!

As for the poll, Anna, I LIKED League a lot and watched it about 3 times! :lol: I like Sean Connery also, Harrison Ford, love Kurt Russell who has a marvelous sense of humor, Mel Gibson is a great actor and one of my favorite films of his was Tim which probably none of you have seen with Candace Bergen. I am NOT a big fan of women in movies. I am your basic MAN lover! :s: :devil: I guess I have really aged because I am not that big a fan of your 20 and 30 something actors. As far as comedy, I love Cedric the Entertainer and I like Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin now that Eddie has cleaned up his act and Steve is doing adult films that aren't moronic. Cheaper by the Dozen was a darling film.

Well, girlies, I need to get off line. I will talk at length tomorrow as I am finally done with all shopping!!!

Faye :)
DonnaD, here are the bios:

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

JUDY: I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day.

Hello, my name is Susan and I'm an english major/theater minor at Oregon State University. I plan on being and english teacher someday. I decided in July '03 once and for all that I didn't want to spend my entire life overweight. So off it goes!

BETH :I am 40 divorced for the past 4 years, no kids and at the moment no pets although I am a big dog lover. I am going to school full time at a private university in Florida. I have a degree in accounting which I don't use and instead work for myself pretty much part time at home. Currently I am majoring in writing - drama. I would like to go to Brown to get my Masters when I finish in writing drama as well. A relationship with someone I loved dearly ended last week and I am trying to move on but the circumstances that caused the ending is making that a bit hard. I have a week and a half of school left before Christmas break and then six weeks off. I plan to use that time just for myself. Putting me first and spending my time on ingraining a healthier life style. My long term goal is to be in much better shape and at a much lower weight by the time I start graduate school which is about a year and a half from now.

I like the normal things, movies, tennis, bike riding, photography and art in general. I'm looking forward to being part of your group.

Donna: Married for 21 years . I have two sons ; oldest is 29 lives in Kansas
Then there is my youngest who is 20 lives with his girlfriend.
My oldest is going to make me a Grandma for the first time in April
[ I am so excited]
I reached my all time highest weight last month 242.5lbs.
My current weight is 238 as of this morning.
This time I am going to lose this weight for ME.

Hi, my name is Dorothy and I am 25 years old. I live in New Ypork City and work as an operations manager in an advertising agency. I also do graphic design on the side. I have a tiny black chihuahua, Gizmo and 2 cats, Kit & Nemo(Seriously, they're lik emy kids). I love animals, going out to eat, the movies, scrabble, computers, and other board games(recent interest discovered-lol). I started weight watchers at home on 9/22/03 at 175lbs and hope to reach my goal weight of 115-120lbs by end of 2004!

About me: I am Kim; 26 years old, and just started
Nursing School. I have a degree from the University of
Oregon in biology (2001). I currently live with my
b.f., who will be leaving me to go back to work in
March (which I am scared of!) He works overseas as a
performing artist-comedian-juggler, and for the past 4
years I have been spoiled enough to have lived with
him half-time in Europe. It has been a terrific
adventure (but not cost-effective), and since I am in
school now, I can not go back for a while. I have
struggled with weight for a while, I have about 21
pounds to lose now to reach my goal weight of 158 lbs.
But who's counting? I am on a very lax plan now
focusing on exersize and eating awareness, not eating
control, and plan not to weigh myself for the next 16
weeks, as long as I stick to my plan. I have two
kitties on loan until march, and they are making life
very fun. I also have 2 goldfish, Beaky and Spot.

I'm a SAHM (with two parttime businesses) to two wonderful children, 14 and 6. I'm very fortunate to have a super supportive husband, but I need to lose some more weight. My highest was over 235, my lowest in ten years has been 185. I've been hovering back at 200 again, and want to get down at least 20 lbs initially, 40 ideally. I have hypothyroid and PCOS which makes the struggle even more frustrating and slow. My username Zookeeper16 came from a friend of mine. I have 2 dogs, an inside cat, a bird, a guinea pig and fish. Outside, we have 4 horses, 11 cats, 6 rabbits, 6 guinea hens, 2 peacocks, a pheasant and a bunch of chickens. Hence the zoo! It keeps me busy! I also do a lot of volunteer things for school/church and 4H, as well as serving on the Board of Education.

My name is Amanda, but everyone calls me Amanda456. I am 20 years old I live in saskatchewan canada with my boyfriend Chad, boarderCollie Tucker and cat Wrangler. I had a kidney transplant in 1999. I received my moms kidney. I am currently taking a home study course its an office course. I started gain weight when I was around 10 years old mostly from medication. My highest weight was 282 and I currently weight 258. I know that togethet we CAN DO THIS!!!! Welcome and good luck!!

My friends call me Anna, and I've had the online nickname of Trouble since 1994. I'm currently living in Jiangsu Province, China (if you want postcards, drop me an email), but I hail from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I left behind a supportive boyfriend and a cat who hates me, and I miss them both. I'm not as concerned about pounds as I am about feelings. I'm tired of not fitting into the same clothes that I was wearing a year ago. Some of them are really nice! Plus, I'm tired of being tired all the time. So, here I am, determined to get fit and lose some of this body. I'm mostly doing it through excersize: Wu Shu classes twice a week and running three times a week, plus free weights three times a week.

gma22 02-16-2004 06:24 AM

DO NOT POST HERE, BUT JOIN US AT #55