3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #54 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/36527-time-serious-fun-54-a.html)

gigglez 02-12-2004 11:24 PM

Evening!

Looks as if everyone has been very busy. Faye, I think that it is great that you were able to go to WalMart and Target. I can understand the thrill all too well. I was so happy when I got to leave the plus size side of the store for the missy side.

Lisa, I am so thrilled for you. A summer baby! I will be saying a prayer for you and your lil bundle. Take care and keep us informed.

Another 4 pointer. Just thought that I would check in before bed time. Hope that everyone has a great Friday!

sandy

Satine 02-13-2004 08:13 AM

Morning All

I am checking in now since I have my mole appt around 10:30 this morning and will go home after to veg on couch....

I sadly ( and for the first time in 7 weeks ) have no loss to report, well I do and I dont ... remember how I said I totally blew the weekend and ate whatever I wanted? Well I gained two pounds...and have spent this week getting those two pounds back off, working backwards ... so technically I lost two but... ya know ... next week I will have more of a loss to report!! :)

LISA - GREAT to hear from you ... I am glad to hear that everything is going fine with the baby, the heart palpitations sounds like it might be stress related...I know I am that way...check back in soon!!!

Faye - Congrats on the shopping, boy I really need to get some new clothes but at the rate I am losing I dont have the money to keep buying sizes, but lets face it I probably have every size of jeans in my closet, as I uped the weight and scale I kept all sizes going up - so I will be good for a while...

Gigglez - congrats on the 4 pointer, good work :cool:

Donna - I am just getting over a sinus infection so I know what you are going through :( it is no fun ... hope you get over it soon ...

Amanda, Amanda456, Scuzin, Pam, Julie, Sandy B, Beth, KimmyAnn, Sandy G,
Trouble in China ( and anyone else I left off by accident ) - Have a great weekend!!! and stay OP!!! :D

gma22 02-13-2004 09:36 AM

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday (I am going back to this). How many have you lost since your last report?

POINTS YESTERDAY AND TODAY'S:

Amanda456 :bravo:
Sandy G :bravo:
Donna :cp:
Me :bravo:

Lisa: Great to see you again and glad everything is A-ok with the little one. Just try and take it easy!

I am so pooped today and I have soooooo much to do again. I was up until midnight waiting for them to post our tax return then went and bought our airline tickets, my future dil's diamond earrings for her shower, some more clothes on QVC, Jack a laptop and finally crashed into bed about one and got up at 5. On top of that, looks like we may have a leak as water was dripping from the living room ceiling. Jack turned off the hot water thinking it may be a leaky faucet and it stopped dripping, BUT I came home from taking him to work and the gym and there is pieces of ceiling all over my living room floor so I get to clean that up, clean the house, get ready for B to come home tomorrow from the vets (they had to postpone his surgery a day as dr got sick yesterday) and finsih getting stuff my birthdays, wedding and bridal shower. Tomorrow is grocery day so I will be busy again. Maybe by Sunday I can crash somewhere in a chair and watch movies all day!

I did a good thing girls! I have had cramps for 3 days and today is the worst and I haven't started tom yet, but you know you always seem to want comfort food instead of other stuff. I went into the grocery store this morning to get some dinner prep stuff and there in the bakery case, fresh assorted flavored turnovers, my favorite. I started to walk up to the case, then turned the basket around walked up to the produce section and got me a half canteloupe! Yeah for me!

I need to go. I am so swamped with things to do today!

Faye :)

Sandybrat 02-13-2004 12:07 PM

Hello Beautifuls... got all 4 yesterday... but i am still feeling the winter blahs...lol SO very nice to hear from u Lisa... i am glad all is well and going well for u. I have been thinking about u alot lately...lol We are going to chicago this evening... so i am going to be going out an dumming soon... jsut waiting on some laundry... fun fun fun...lol
Hope u all have a great weekend... love u all
Sandy

Amanda456 02-13-2004 07:32 PM

Hi Everyone!!!!

Today I got in 3 points I never did good on excersing :( I drank tonnes of water and I ate really good :hungry:

Today me and Chad celebrated Valentines Day..Because tomorrow he has to work. He bought me a dozen roses and a big heart candle...Awwwwww :^: what a sweetie!! We then made supper together and he actully dryed dishes..... :o

it was also a nice day today the wind was kinda chilly though...

My weigh in for today is 255lbs so I have lost 3 lbs in a week :cp: :cp: :D Wow I had hit a plateau and it looks like I have gotten over it!! YIPPY!!! :lol: I can start loosing again....

I hope you feel better Sandy...The winter blahs suck!! I get them often up here in no mans land :)
WOW faye you did great choosing half a cantaploe instead of the turnovers.You Go Girl!!! :bravo:

Well I better get going....Nice talking to all to all of you again....Hope you all had a great day, and a great evening!!

Cheers :cheers:

Amanda :cb:

Amanda Panda 02-13-2004 07:52 PM

Hi all - I'm just popping in quickly.

I got 4 points for Weds and Thurs - yesterday I met with the instructor at the gym and we worked out a programme. It is really great - she's certainly working me hard (but not too hard) - I ached a bit today, but I think thats a good sign - that I worked harder than I normally do. We've set a target to lose 14lb in 20 sessions - totally achievable!

I've been brilliant with my diet all week - until tonight! I had a pizza, but was really good and had a thin crust with hardly any toppings. The trouble is we are going for an Indian meal tomorrow for valentines - so that will be two days 'off programme'. I'm going to try to eat sensibly tomorrow night - but I'll still end up eating more than I would at home. Still - i've been really good so far and doing lots of exercise, so I'm not too worried about it. We can't stop everything just because we are on diets.

Lovely to hear from Lisa, and sorry to say goodbye to Kim - I wish them both well!

Amanda xxx

gma22 02-13-2004 10:17 PM

WRAP UP POINTS:

Sandy B :bravo:
Amanda456 :cp:
Amanda P :bravo: :bravo:

Amanda456: Yeah for you! :cb: :jig: :hat: Great job~

Amanda P: Ooh I am so glad this is all clicking for you. You will start seeing the lbs just drop off!

Well girls another go go go day so I am pooped.

Talk to you tomorrow

Faye ;)

gigglez 02-13-2004 10:47 PM

Hey there all!

Faye, super job on passing up the turnovers!

Amanda P, if I can remember from when I was on WW you use to get activity points. Don't really know if they still do it but if they do that will help you out. I know that when I was on WW I would bank points if I knew there was something special comming up. But in the end one or two days off wont hurt you as long as you don't over induldge.

Sandy, hope that you get to feeling better soon. Enjoy your trip!

Amanda, great job on the 3lbs! I am so happy that you got to celebrate Valentines Day!

I hope that each and everyone of you have a memorable Valentines Day! I know that I will I have to work. Was suppose to have off the weekend but sometimes things don't go as planned. Ah I guess that's life!

Off to dream land. Catch everyone later.

sandy

cat90 02-13-2004 11:09 PM

Hi Ladies :wave:

I picked up the pace today and walked/jogged just over 3mls :cb: walking for one min at 3.3mls and jogging for one min at 4.5mls :D and i felt great afterwards. Not concentrating on anything else until after my trip which is'nt far off now :hyper:

gma22 02-14-2004 04:43 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share to make us smile, today?

Early morning ladies!

Cat: Great job on the walk/jog! I know you are anxious for the trip.

Jules: Hope you are having a spectacular time on your trip!

Check in later ladies.

Faye :)

newme4me 02-14-2004 09:03 AM

:flow1: Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hope everyone has a great day today, our present to each other is a new recliner!!!
I did not find time to post yesterday because ,I spent the day with youngest son , He took me to lunch and he even paid :D it has been a long time since we spent any time together, just me and him. we had a nice day.

Faye, add my weight lost to your total lost 2.5lbs. I was surprised, since Is have not exercised at all this week.
We are cancelling our satellite and going back to cable and they will be here in a couple hours to install it . We are saving $30 a month for almost the very same channels!!!
I think we are getting addicted to the slot machine, we went again last night.
I won $14!!! dh lost $30 so it cost us $15 for a couple hours of FUN
Got to get busy, Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!
Donna

Amanda456 02-14-2004 09:46 AM

Here's a great joke that will put a smile on anyones face....ENJOY!! :cb:Its for all of you on Weight Watchers!!!

You know You're a Weight Watcher member when...

. You accidentally swallow toothpaste and wonder how many POINTS it had in it.
· You stand in the aisles at the grocery store with your WW PointsFinder figuring POINTS before you buy.
· You feel your collar bone/ribs/hip bones and think you need to call 911 because something must be broken.
· Everyone at your lunch table is asking you to figure the POINTS on their lunch.
· You threaten to put your cat on WW.
· You figure the POINTS on cough syrup.
. Your child says there are too many POINTS in something s/he doesn't want to eat!
· You don't want to share ANY of your food with anyone because you've measured it and know exactly how many POINTS are in it.
· You know where every public restroom is wherever you go . . . you need it after drinking all that water!
· You realize "gram" is a four letter word.
· You weigh yourself before and after the bathroom just to see how much of a difference it makes.
· You don't mind "seeing stars."
· You ask your WW leader to bring in a curtain so you can weigh-in naked.
· Your child gets an "A" in English for turning your journal in as a book report.
· You convince the grocery store owner to organize the food aisles according to POINTS values.
· You hang your 5 pound book markers from your car antenna.
· You replace your college diploma with your 50 lb. magnet (now which one is actually tougher to achieve?).
· You Calculate Activity points for Sex!
· You not only weigh food on your food scale, but your clothes, keys, HAIR, socks, etc
· People at work know when your weigh in day is because you have the same outfit on that day EVERY WEEK
· you call your family to the dinner table and instead of "what's for dinner?" they ask "how many points are we having for dinner?"
· you take a bite and then spit it out because you realize it wasn't worth the points!
· you mark all the food boxes in the house with points per serving
· you carry your journal with you wherever you go
· you take Molly McCheese with you to the restaurant so you don't waste your points on butter
· you ask your family to hide the cookies and chips so you won't be tempted
· Kashi becomes your favorite snack food
· "On The Side" become the 3 most uttered words in your vocabulary
· you start parking in the back of the parking lot for the extra exercise
· you start wondering why restaurant servings of any meal are large enough to feed 3 grown me
· you start wondering how many points are in bubble gum
· you look down at the backs of your hands and get freaked out by how skinny they look
· you weigh every pair of shoes you own
· you spend 10 minutes in Staples looking for the prettiest paperclips for your paperclip chain
· you want to drive to Ben & Jerry's individual houses and drown them in a vat of Chunky Monkey
· you take up knitting/crocheting/tatting/rughooking/paintbynumbers to keep your mind off food
· the thought of having a bran muffin for breakfst gets you so excited you can't fall asleep.
· you dance a little jig in front of the frozen foods case in the grocery store because you finally found Skinny Cows!
· You stop licking postage stamps when you realize they are 1 tenth of a calorie each.
· know in advance, by heart, what you can eat at each and every resturaunt that DH may want to go to.
· instead of carrying an armful of things thru the house, you intentionally made several trips to get in that extra 20 steps of walking.
· you smile and gaze adoringly at the produce aisle.
· your junk drawer at work has been revamped to include Milky Way Lites, LF granola bars, FF Pringles and lite peach cups instead of Cheetos and snickers bars.
· you take a big black permanent marker and not only mark the points but also write your name and "DO NOT TOUCH OR ELSE".
· everywhere you go, you take along two 'purses'. Your regular purse, and your Weight Watcher's Black Bag, with the point guides, Slider, and all other 'stuff' in there!
· you dont wear any makeup to get weighed in , fearing it will weigh too much
· you see really overweight people and want to tell them they can do something to change their lives!
· You hold up your snacks next to your kids' and warn them that eating the wrong ones will result in their demise.
· the jeans that you would have never dared to put in the dryer for fear that they would not make it back over your hips... are in there right now, as you hope to shrink them enough that they won't fall straight off!

HA HA HA :lol: :lol: :lol:

take care,
Amanda

cat90 02-14-2004 02:43 PM

:lol: that is funny Amanda and i DID really do some of those things :o :lol:

I'm being lazy today..watching tv and thinking about treadmilling :bubbles: gonna have another cuppa first ;) HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :wave:

Amanda Panda 02-14-2004 06:04 PM

Hi all!

I got just the 1 point yesterday - for water.

We cancelled our Valentines meal out,for lots of reasons, and have re arranged it for Thursday - at least it gives me a breather till after weigh day!

Amanda456 - love the list! The funny thing is, my cat IS actually on a diet (but not WW!) :lol: I too have done some of those things.....

See Ya!

Amanda xx

gma22 02-14-2004 09:03 PM

I think we had a total of 7 lbs lost for Friday.

As for pts:

AmandaP :flow2:
Me :bravo:

Boy one more busy day and I should be done. Ran all over again today but got in one round at the gym this morning despite cramps from **** (I have one bad 24 hour period then it is over with but boy it is rough sometimes)

My baby came home from the vet today. His surgery went fine, but it breaks my heart to see him limping and everything. His little paws are swollen and I am hoping the swelling will go down by tomorrow or the next day. He is taking in food and water though but we have a time of it giving him his medicine. We can't do it in food because the animals eat out of the same bowl and refuse to do anything different.

Got all clothes, gift giving etc shopping finished up today. I found the most beautiful quarter carat diamond studs for my son's fiance for a bridal shower gift, got her the Victoria's Secret gift certificate then because she had mentioned buying blue panties to wear under her wedding gown, found a darling pair of lace ones and bought those for her too. I spent $15 on 2 birthday, a wedding, a bridal shower and a sympathy cards. I think that is down right criminal! Maybe I should just make my own. I have a great graphics program and I certainly can do poetry as well as they do.

Well, girlies, I am totally pooped again tonight and need to check on Butterscotch before calling it a night.

See you in the morning.

Faye ;)