3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #54 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/36527-time-serious-fun-54-a.html)

gma22 02-11-2004 11:50 PM

Anna: I think you need to white knuckle it and cut the soft drinks cold turkey! You will have a 2 day headache from ****, but you will not believe how much better you feel and if you are drinking regular and not diet, how much weight you will lose. It is the one thing I cut out of my life was regular caffeine soda. I learned to drink diet when I want a soft drink, but I buy caffeine free diet pepsi in a 12 pak and it lasts probably at least 2 months and even then, Jack has drank some of them. It was the one thing I knew I could never control in my life so I got rid of it. At my "peek" I was consuming 12 cans a day and basically NO water pretty much. I substituted water for at least the first 6 months I was on my program and didn't drink ANYTHING else at all so I could learn to drink water, then I gradually added a soft drink here or there but only with a meal as I hated the taste. I never thought I would get used to it, but I have and haven't had a regular soda in a year.

SandyG: Oh, poor Corey and poor you! There is nothing worse than "mommy" guilt and pretty much nothing you can do about it. Like you said, you have to have your jobs to survive. I would make up my mind on the weeks I was working lots of overtime to make sure you and Corey do something extra special those weeks. I feel for you, I really do. I stayed home with my children with their dad being in the Navy we thought that was best, but we sure did suffer financially for it. If you talk to our kids, they considered themselves poor and I guess we were. Hang in there, maybe your co-worker will be back to work soon!

Jack is buying a laptop with part of the tax refund and he woke me up to tell me he found the one he wanted so here I sit typing away! I had very little sleep last night because the animals were crazy last night and wouldn't settle down so by 7 pm I was pooped and fell asleep watching tv. Jack came to bed at 10 and woke me up, which is ok, but I have had enough sleep to be awake now!

Everyone sleep well and I will see you in the morning. Oh, tomorrow is errand day so I won't get to post a lot.

Faye :)

gma22 02-12-2004 06:19 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and do something special for yourself today!

Later ladies!

Trouble_in_China 02-12-2004 06:47 AM

Good evening (for me) or morning (for you) ladies...

Well, I'm slowly getting myself weaned off the caffeine. I haven't had any in two days I think... Which is impressive for me. I think my caffeine habit could have beaten yours any day of the week, Faye, and it was the only thing I would drink for the longest time. I'm drinking water now, but not enough. I know you're supposed to drink... 64 oz of water a day... what's that work out to in liters?

(Canada is so weird that way. We use the metric system for distances, but we use the imperial system for height and weight, and it depends on what you're buying if it's liters or ounces. I can't imagine cooking with the metric system.)

My Wu Shu class was only 30 minutes today instead of an hour, and I am drinking my water. Go me. I also feel like I've been beaten with a big stick. I think I mentioned this earlier, but maybe not. I am so sick. I get sick at least once a month here, because my body is not used to all of the colds and flus that go around the school. Plus, I have a weak immune system. Everytime I get sick, it's unto death.

So, no more caffeine... I've actually noticed when I can manage to cut back how much better I sleep. Well, less that and more that when I cut myself off for a good week and a half, and then had some, I couldn't sleep. Note to self: Sleep is good. No caffeine = more sleep.

Mirabelly 02-12-2004 08:11 AM

Morning Ladies.
Leaving soon, so quick post. 2 points for yesterday. Exercise and water....for some reason I had to stuff myself with salt yesterday. Tom is over, so not sure where that came from.

Anna, yes I do teach bellydance....2x a week right now, plus private lessons now and then. I have a webpage if you wanna have a look.....www.aaminahdance.com My stage name is Mira (hence the mirabelly name on 3fc). If you have any questions about it, just let me know. I can't talk long right now. If you want to play around with it right now, you can always use videos. I can recommend some good ones when I get back.

Later babes........everyone stay :strong: this week!
I'll try to check in once or twice while I"m on the road.

Julie

Satine 02-12-2004 08:48 AM

Morning Girls -

Well I was a little off program last night but not by much ... so I wont be too hard on myself...I got a little hungry last night and ended up having a few chips and salsa to end the night, the salsa was FF and I didnt eat too many of the chips so I wont be too hard on myself...

Anna - I agree with Faye, just cold turkey with the soft drinks and the caffeine, there will be headaches, oh yes, but those will pass and you will start dropping pounds from all of the sugar you are not having....

I dont think I am going to have time for Time for me Thursday, although I guess I might around 8:00, where I stop everything to watch Friends...

I will check in with you guys later ...

Sandybrat 02-12-2004 10:01 AM

Hello BEAUTIFULS!!! I got all 4 yesterday... shoveled the snow again... LOL Welcome to the new people here... geez i dont post for 2 days and all this stuff happens.... the day b4 yesterday i got 2 points. No woes for Wednsday... and i am thinking about getting nails for a treat... either that or tanning... the winter blaahhhs are starting to hit me hard... just have to figure out whick one i want...lol any suggestions?? or maybe i will do both... lol Well.. i will check back in later... i love you all... and remember to take care of U
Faye... i love the poem...lol
and i am NOT a rat... hahahahahahaha!

Sandy

Amanda456 02-12-2004 10:07 AM

Hi All!! :wave:

I got my new workout video yesturday (kathy Smith workout video) and it works you hard!! I tried it when I got it home and I'll just say WOW!!:eek:

Oh yeah Yesturday I get 3 points.... :)

better get going, I have to clean the house a little I'll check back though

Lots of Luv,

Amanda :cb:

gigglez 02-12-2004 12:46 PM

Afternoon all!

Real quick seeing how I haven't been able to keep up lately. 4pts for me for Sun, Mon,Tues, and Wed. I hope that I can make it a 4 pointer today. Just returned from the dentist and am getting ready to head off for work. Everyone have a great day!

sandy

KimmyAnn47 02-12-2004 07:14 PM

Mia!!!

Hi folks, old pals. I haven't been around for a while and I probably won't be around too much in the future.

1. Having limited web access

2. Trying OA, new approach. I just lost all my umph, need something more whole person. I am going to try the OA way of seeing weight a symptom. We'll see how it goes. If it works I am sure I will become obnoxious and try to convert every one of you!!! Just fooling, I hope!

Take care and keep fighting the good fight

And thanks for all the support I have felt here over the last month and a half.

PS. Anyone can message me anytime. I am keeping my acct. here open!
I am also willing to exchange email addresses with anyone here.

cat90 02-12-2004 07:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

Both Amanda's :bravo: WTG with the weightloss :cp: Amanda thanks for getting the pubs stocked up for me :lol:

Amanda456, i got the Kathy Smith Lift Weights to lose weight2 a few weeks ago and apart from a short 'boo' at it i have'nt used it yet :lol: and i agree with you from what i did it is quite the workout :stress: :D

gma22 02-12-2004 08:26 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :dancer:
SandyB :bravo:
Amanda456 :cp:
Me :bravo:
SandyG :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Whoo am I pooped. I have been gone since 6 am this morning. BUT I did shop til I dropped about bought a TON of clothes and all from either Walmart's or Target. NO MORE FAT LADIES SHOPS FOR ME! Got lots of bargains too.

Kim: We will miss you. OA is a great group of people and I hope they help you succeed to the utmost. I am going to pm you with my e-mail address so feel free to drop me a line from time to time and let me know of your progress and I will keep everyone informed!

Everyone have a good night!

Amanda456 02-12-2004 08:52 PM

I did really good today!! YIPPY!! 4 points for mee today!!! (Nov12th) :cb: :flow2:

I had a really long hot bubble :bubbles: bath this morning WOW! did it ever feel good!! :)

I did high impact cardio for 30mins and I shovelled snow for another 30mins :) it was sooo warm here today..it got to +4 WOW! that is almost summer for us..J/K but it was really nice to open some windows and air the house out. the dog and cat loved it too they spent most of the day outside. Tomorrow my goal will be to do the whole work out video...its an hour long I hope I can do it... :D

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Nite, :cheers:
Amanda :cb: :cb: :cb:

newme4me 02-12-2004 09:26 PM

I have had a busy week plus, I think I have a sinus infection, so I have not been feeling very good either, i have got 3 points for the week , still no exercise, but all you ladies are doing so good on your exercise :bravo:
Glad to see so many posting. the more you post, the more encouraged I am
and with all the posting about exercising, I hope that this will give me the kick in the rear I need to get back to some kind of exercise routine!
Going to try to get to bed early tonight,
Nite-Nite, Donna

friendsforfitness 02-12-2004 09:30 PM

My due date is August 22nd!

OH my gosh! I have missed you all soo much! I am so sorry i haven't kept in touch. So much has been going on. Then we also switched internet providers and that has been a nightmare too.

Good news is I have lost one pound. I know no big deal but considering that on Saturday i will be 12 weeks prego with no gains i'm happy.

I have had no typical symptoms which has been nice. I have had some irregular heart palpitations and some extreme dizziness, but it's less often now. i had to have an ekg,an ultrasound for my heart and wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. everything came back normal, they did notice the palpitations but were not concerned.

The take over at work has been really stressful and is beginning to calm a bit, just in time for the next big change in systems and procedures taking place in march.

I have had one typical symptom and that's tiredness, hubby says it's my fault though because I won't slow down. I have some though. The heart thing acts up if I walk rapidly so I get short of breath, when that happens they told me to take it down a notch, so I am.

we got to see baby on the ultrasound at 9 weeks no way to determine the sex at that age. baby was dancing around and having a grand ole time though. I am so excited!!

we already have been yard saleing and have gotten a high chair,a bouny seat,a changing table,a toddler bed,a stroller 2nd hand from my sister and a few baby toys. Lots of scrubbing and they are like new!

This weekend is a really busy one for me,sat morning is yard sales,afternoon is animal rabies shots,evening is babysitt a friends baby, sun morning is church, afternoon is DAYTONA 500!! Sunday evening I am chaperoneing a valentines dance for ROTC.
I guess that's it on me for now and I will try to check in more often, I hope all of you are doing great and losing like crazy!

I love and miss ya's,
Lisa

PS My craving is STEAK...oh my god you just have no idea!!! Hubby took me out to a nice steak house restaraunt that was too much for us and I think It was practically an out of body expierience!! He says when we get our taxes back we will go again!!

Scuzin 02-12-2004 10:25 PM

Heheh....Welcome back here too Lisa! I was actually thinking about you the other day and hoping you could check in.

Hope all are well