Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #46  

Morning lovelies!

WE MISSED YOU PAMMMMMMMM!

Welcome back girlie!!!!!

4 points for yesterday! I lifted and danced, and my knee feels almost normal today. I've been wrapping it up tight when I exercise, or teach and that seems to help alot.

I'm strategizing on how to make it through this trip to the Land O' Fried Foods and BBQ without killing the little progress I've made this year. Gonna bring lots of fruit and water. I know I'll cave to the pork bbq, I actually dream about that stuff sometimes, it's so good! But, if I skip the corn sticks and potatoes and fried chicken that comes with it.....I guess it'll be ok. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is that I'll end up allowing myself to eat the greasy stuff and make myself sick! Dh's dad is a great "southern" cook....biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, fried okra, you get the idea. It's hard to go there because I don't want to offend him by not eating. But honestly, I don't need it and I don't really like it all that much (except the biscuits!). I'll just have to keep the portions small.

I know we're getting squirrely up here cuz my whole family is entertaining themselves by digging giant holes in the snow. Just digging holes. For no particular reason......even dh. There are shovels sticking out of the snow all over my yard. We NEED A BREAK!

Anna and Cathy......WOOHOO on the exercise! Keep it up ladies

Ok, I'm off.....Amanda, I'm predicting 5 pounds! Why not be the optimist?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #47  
It is what it is...

Morning All - hope you are all having a good morning ... I am so far except that my stomach is already growling ... I can never find any food that is low in fat and keeps me going good all morning till lunch, any suggestions? I am not big on oatmeal so that is out ...

PAM !!!!!!!!!!!!! - Welcome Back !!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we will have you .... great to have you back....

Amanda - I predict a 4 pound loss as well, the first couple of weeks on WW I lost 4.7 pds one week and 4 the next, it comes off in bigger chunks at first...great job on staying on track, I totally agree with you, the plan makes it easy to stick to, but as you said we are both at a high point range, will it be so easy when we can only have like 18-20?? I guess we will find out - hey thanks for the encouraging words with my mole situation, I know it will be fine...
Faye - thanks too for the encouraging words ... it made me feel better, although today ( hope this doesnt make anyone sick ) - it has a head on it, like it is filled with something, it is so sore, I guess the Dr will tell me what it is on Friday, a boil maybe? Who knows...

Julie - You know I am bad about this but I say "when in Rome" ... eat what you want ( within reason ) or maybe just a little bit of everything, not an actual portion ... good luck, you made my mouth water with that BBQ pork comment

Okay girls have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #48  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are continuing our series on How to Stop When You're Full. # 10 is KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR OWN PLATE. In other words, pay attention to when YOU are full or feel satisfied and if your companions are still eating, don't feel you need to take more food to keep occupied or to be gracious. If you feel the need to stay "active," drink a cup of tea or coffee.

WRAPUP POINTS:

Julie
Cat
Susan
Me

Anna: Ok, you need to work on food going in mouth because of your self image. Self loathing has nothing to do with your body, how big or small you are. I want you to think about what a wonderful person you are, for one thing you teach, what a wonderful giving profession that is. Are you kind, considerate, compassionate? Do you get along with others, try to be helpful, love your family? OF COURSE YOU DO!!! So quit mixing up the fact your are overweight with the person you THINK you are!

Pam: Sweety pie, honey cakes, it is so good to see you back. I wanted to give you a week or so to yourself without being annoyed by me daily and hoped that you woul work out what you needed to work out. The fact you gained only 5-6 means you ARE learning believe it or not. We go forward from here , not backwards though so we are going to get up and going. YOU ARE ALWAYS welcome here forever and ever!

Amanda: I am on pins and needles waiting to hear how many lbs you have lost! I know it is going to be a bunch!

Ok, gotta get ready and go to the gym. Jack took the day off because he has a cardiology appt. Anxious to here how his cholesterol etc is today.

Faye
Old 02-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #49  
I Can and I Will

Morning Beautifuls!! I had a wonderful 'vacation' and was missed by the family...lol It was nice to just be me... and not have any distractions... Anyway i got back late Sunday night and spent yesterday doing laundry and cleaning up some... all in all tho the house looked good... i could see the effort... And i 'feel' so much more like myself... i even managed to stay op all weekend... so i was happy with myself on that one...lol
Welcome to Anna... i missed you ladies alot... then again i always do... i have made it a habit to check in each day... and when i dont i feel like i have missed something... so i need to check in to keep my on track and in the loop...lol
Welcome back Pam... we love u and its nice to have to have u posting again... Guess i have rambled on enuf... remember i love you all and to take care of u...

Sandy
Old 02-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #50  

Hey All,
I have been busy trying to re-vamp my eating plan. My head is spinning, a bunch of the stuff I eat that is low sugar, or low carb is very high in salt!!!! It is going to take a lot of research to find good stuff to eat that won't raise my blood sugar and still be low in salt for my blood pressure.

I have an appt with a Dr. next Tues--the 17th. I have no insurance and they told me minimum testing for diabetics runs $500, plus the cost of the office visit. That alone is enough to give me a heart attack! They will work with me a little they said. The dr. and I will have a discussion about how much "testing" we are going to be doing. I want my blood pressure taken care of --then we can attack the diabetes. I am controlling that on my own at the moment.

Will check in again later,
Judy
Old 02-10-2004, 01:13 PM   #51  
I Can and I Will

I forgot... i got all 4 all weekend and yesterday!
Old 02-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #52  
Losing It :D

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if I could join your challenge...I am fairly new with 3FC. I am20 years old and currently weigh 258 I started to lose weight on Nov 24 and I weighed 282 so I have lost 24 lbs so far.
I think this support group is awsome, I need support to get me moving everyday and this is a great idea. Please let me know if I can join...

Thanx,
Amanda
Old 02-10-2004, 05:15 PM   #53  

Good afternoon everyone
I'm taking it easy today, not going to work out and eating more lax...but I have a good excuse! I gave blood which I always LOVE doing, call me crazy but I think its fun.
WELCOME AMANDA456!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #54  

OK ladies....time for a little silly social advice if you don't mind, I could use some help, even though I think I know what the answer is....
So I have this guy friend...who I inevitably kinda fell for. He does not know this. He is preoccupied by the thought (brough on by recent rejection and I'm sure the upcomming holiday) that he is "un likeable". Soooo....what do I do? I feel so bad for him when he gets down in the dumps about girls and I would think he deserves to know that what he thinks isn't true. However, I know he has no feelings for me and it just might end up making things weird. Meh...What do you think?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #55  

POINTS FOR THE AFTERNOON:

SandyB

Woohoo I did 55 minutes on the treadmill today. I have decided it is easier to go twice a day and do like 20 minutes at a time with a 5 minute cool down and it burns more calories too!

Amanda456: Welcome, sweety, we would LOVE to have you here! We always like having new ladies join us! Any info you want is the very first post of the thread or you can pm me ANY time and I am here for you!

FYI:
Since we now have 2 Amandas, Amanda Panda will remain Amanda and Amanda456 use Amanda456 when addressing here.

Susan: Ok, here comes the old lady with advice again, but since I have been married over 31 years, I guess I can shoot off my mouth about men! First off, I truly believe the very very best place to start a ROMANCE is with friendship so I would let that develop naturally first and you may be surprised at how it comes out. Jack and I started out at penpals back in the snail mail only days.

For Amanda456 and Anna: Here are some bios on the ladies in this group. Please provide any info you would like us to know about you and I will cut and past them onto my bio document for newbies.

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

JUDY: I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day.

Hello, my name is Susan and I'm an english major/theater minor at Oregon State University. I plan on being and english teacher someday. I decided in July '03 once and for all that I didn't want to spend my entire life overweight. So off it goes!

BETH :I am 40 divorced for the past 4 years, no kids and at the moment no pets although I am a big dog lover. I am going to school full time at a private university in Florida. I have a degree in accounting which I don't use and instead work for myself pretty much part time at home. Currently I am majoring in writing - drama. I would like to go to Brown to get my Masters when I finish in writing drama as well. A relationship with someone I loved dearly ended last week and I am trying to move on but the circumstances that caused the ending is making that a bit hard. I have a week and a half of school left before Christmas break and then six weeks off. I plan to use that time just for myself. Putting me first and spending my time on ingraining a healthier life style. My long term goal is to be in much better shape and at a much lower weight by the time I start graduate school which is about a year and a half from now.

I like the normal things, movies, tennis, bike riding, photography and art in general. I'm looking forward to being part of your group.

Donna: Married for 21 years . I have two sons ; oldest is 29 lives in Kansas
Then there is my youngest who is 20 lives with his girlfriend.
My oldest is going to make me a Grandma for the first time in April
[ I am so excited]
I reached my all time highest weight last month 242.5lbs.
My current weight is 238 as of this morning.
This time I am going to lose this weight for ME.

Hi, my name is Dorothy and I am 25 years old. I live in New Ypork City and work as an operations manager in an advertising agency. I also do graphic design on the side. I have a tiny black chihuahua, Gizmo and 2 cats, Kit & Nemo(Seriously, they're lik emy kids). I love animals, going out to eat, the movies, scrabble, computers, and other board games(recent interest discovered-lol). I started weight watchers at home on 9/22/03 at 175lbs and hope to reach my goal weight of 115-120lbs by end of 2004!

About me: I am Kim; 26 years old, and just started
Nursing School. I have a degree from the University of
Oregon in biology (2001). I currently live with my
b.f., who will be leaving me to go back to work in
March (which I am scared of!) He works overseas as a
performing artist-comedian-juggler, and for the past 4
years I have been spoiled enough to have lived with
him half-time in Europe. It has been a terrific
adventure (but not cost-effective), and since I am in
school now, I can not go back for a while. I have
struggled with weight for a while, I have about 21
pounds to lose now to reach my goal weight of 158 lbs.
But who's counting? I am on a very lax plan now
focusing on exersize and eating awareness, not eating
control, and plan not to weigh myself for the next 16
weeks, as long as I stick to my plan. I have two
kitties on loan until march, and they are making life
very fun. I also have 2 goldfish, Beaky and Spot.

I'm a SAHM (with two parttime businesses) to two wonderful children, 14 and 6. I'm very fortunate to have a super supportive husband, but I need to lose some more weight. My highest was over 235, my lowest in ten years has been 185. I've been hovering back at 200 again, and want to get down at least 20 lbs initially, 40 ideally. I have hypothyroid and PCOS which makes the struggle even more frustrating and slow. My username Zookeeper16 came from a friend of mine. I have 2 dogs, an inside cat, a bird, a guinea pig and fish. Outside, we have 4 horses, 11 cats, 6 rabbits, 6 guinea hens, 2 peacocks, a pheasant and a bunch of chickens. Hence the zoo! It keeps me busy! I also do a lot of volunteer things for school/church and 4H, as well as serving on the Board of Education.

LAUGH OF THE DAY: My sister sent this to me and I loved it so much I had to share it with you all.

.For years and years they told me,
> Be careful of your breasts.
> Don't ever squeeze or bruise them.
> And give them monthly tests.
>
>
> So I heeded all their warnings,
> And protected them by law.
> Guarded them very carefully,
> And I always wore my bra.
>
>
> After 30 years of astute care,
> My gyno, Dr. Pruitt,
> Said I should get a Mammogram
> "O.K," I said, "let's do it."
>
>
> "Stand up here real close" she said,
> (She got my boob in line),
> "And tell me when it hurts," she said,
> "Ah yes! Right there, that's fine."
>
>
> She stepped upon a pedal,
> I could not believe my eyes!
> A plastic plate came slamming down,
> My hooter's in a vise!
>
>
> My skin was stretched and mangled,
> From underneath my chin.
> My poor boob was being squashed,
> To Swedish Pancake thin.
>
>
> Excruciating pain I felt,
> Within it's vise-like grip.
> A prisoner in this vicious thing,
> My poor defenseless tit!
>
>
> "Take a deep breath" she said to me,
> Who does she think she's kidding?!?
> My chest is mashed in her machine,
> And woozy I am getting.
>
>
> "There, that's good," I heard her say,
> (The room was slowly swaying.)
> "Now, let's have a go at the other one."
> Have mercy, I was praying.
>
>
> It squeezed me from both up and down,
> It squeezed me from both sides.
> I'll bet SHE'S never had this done,
> To HER tender little hide.
>
>
> Next time that they make me do this,
> I will request a blindfold.
> I have no wish to see again,
> My knockers getting steam rolled.
>
>
> If I had no problem when I came in,
> I surely have one now.
> If there had been a cyst in there,
> It would have gone "ker-pow!"
>
>
> This machine was created by a man,
> Of this, I have no doubt.
> I'd like to stick his balls in there,
> And see how THEY come out!
>
>

Have a great evening ladies! Faye
Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #56  
Losing It :D

Lightbulb

Hi Everyone!!!

Here is my info for your Bio Document:

My name is Amanda, but everyone calls me Amanda456. I am 20 years old I live in saskatchewan canada with my boyfriend Chad, boarderCollie Tucker and cat Wrangler. I had a kidney transplant in 1999. I received my moms kidney. I am currently taking a home study course its an office course. I started gain weight when I was around 10 years old mostly from medication. My highest weight was 282 and I currently weight 258. I know that togethet we CAN DO THIS!!!! Welcome and good luck!!

There it is,

Cheers,
Amanda
Old 02-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #57  

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello. I haven't posted for a few weeks. I haven't fallen off the edge of the world totally...I still have a couple of fingers holding on lol.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Beth
Old 02-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #58  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Walked another 2mls this morning pumping hand weights

Hi Beth, great to hear from you again hope you are O.K.

Susan, Susan, Susan is this the one that you emailed? or another that you have your eye on? anyway, if i were you i would'nt go all out and tell him how you feel just drop hints that can be taken either way i.e. when he is feeling down and says that no-one likes him etc just say something like "You must be mad, any girl would be proud to have you for a boyfriend" if you are feeling especially bold you could add "i know i would" or "i think you're great" Good Luck
Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 PM   #59  

Good afternoon, all. It's Wednesday afternoon here.

Yesterday I drank my water (yay!) and I managed to make myself at least do some light free weight work while watching DVDs. I could not make myself move enough to get out and run. I wasn't feeling too hot, to be frank. *shrug* But, tonight is my Chinese lesson, and afterwards I'll go on another run. Can't call too far off the wagon or I'll never get back on! *smile*

Susan, I wish I could give you some advice about your friend. You could go with the whole, "Hey, anyone would kill to have a boyfriend like you!" angle, but be careful, because he might start asking you for names. Good luck with it.

As for my bio. Hmm...

My friends call me Anna, and I've had the online nickname of Trouble since 1994. I'm currently living in Jiangsu Province, China (if you want postcards, drop me an email), but I hail from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I left behind a supportive boyfriend and a cat who hates me, and I miss them both. I'm not as concerned about pounds as I am about feelings. I'm tired of not fitting into the same clothes that I was wearing a year ago. Some of them are really nice! Plus, I'm tired of being tired all the time. So, here I am, determined to get fit and lose some of this body. I'm mostly doing it through excersize: Wu Shu classes twice a week and running three times a week, plus free weights three times a week.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:05 AM   #60  

Good Evening all
Thanks for the advice, and for clarification this is NEW guy and not the one I e-mailed earlier this year....crazy huh. Its a friend I've been hanging out with since the middle of last term. I would LOVE to be able to drop hints but this fellow isn't exactly adept in picking up subtlety. He's such a...guy...
Anyway I'll let ya'll know how it goes

And welcome Anna! I don't think I got a chance to say it before....

Last edited by Scuzin; 02-11-2004 at 01:10 AM.
Closed Thread