Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #16  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Julie you look fantastic!! My DD2 was also looking over my shoulder and said to tell you that you look great!!! Wow how great and to helo your mom too. how is she doing with this????

I did not have a great day. we went to a conference to day and I had KFC (which by the way came back at me) extra crispy only 2 pieces. and they bought a 2l bottle of soda and it was nto diet so I had only 1/2 glass. not to bad but it still did not sit well with me. no exercise today as i had to be at work at 6 am and that is not enough time to get much done. I am tired. I still did not eat any dinner yet so I am still not right. hopefully tomorow I will feel better.

Hey my swim team has a motto:

You get what you work for, not what you wish for!

Julie you certainly have worked for your wonderful shape!!!

Bunna you mean that scale is not telling me the truth??

Pat I really have not ever gave up on BFL but it sure is looking more andmore tempting!! I know it wi=orks and that I enjoued it. well phone is calling me. catch you girls later I am going to get that phone and then get to bed.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:43 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!
Julie YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!
Pushed the snooze alarm too many times
Hello everyone
will try and get beack later
Old 02-05-2004, 08:16 AM   #18  

Thanks gals! My mom is doing great she has lost about 85+/- lbs and would like to lose another 15 lbs or so. Her diabetis is now undercontrol with no meds and the problems she had with her knee dont bother her nearly as much as they used to. I plan on adding some pics of her to my webpage when she sends me a new one to use.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:49 PM   #19  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I am beginning again today as I managed to gain all my weight back plus one pound being sick. Now how does that happen when you don't eat much?

I also slept a little later than I intended so off to work I go pretty soon. Will check in tonight when I get home. Feeling a little better with the new meds.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:10 PM   #20  

Might just be water weight bunna. Wait a week and see what the scale says. When i had my gall bladder out i gained 10 lbs from that morning to that evening in fluids and it didnt go away for a week. And people tend to eat high carbs and high salt when they are sick which can contribute to water retention.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #21  
Trying to find my way.

Hi girls!! I am hanging in there with a few hunger pains from yesterday. But atleast I feel better.

Bunna there is no way that you cluld have ingested 17500 cals so it is fluid!!!

Pat I know the feeling of running. I am on the run now so I hope your day went well!!

Dana are you lurking???
Old 02-06-2004, 06:15 AM   #22  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone!
Well had an OK day until DH brought home a food gift! Did I say "Oh no dear, but thanks for asking?" Well no. And when did I not meet a carb that I didn't like? Soemone he helped brought him a box of those cream filled puff things. I hope the fat content curbed the insulin spike!

Well anyway. I agree with Sue's swim team motto, I can and have been wishing the #'s away but I need to put some muscle behind it. ANd the proof is in Julie's pudding!

WOrk has me almost to the point of throwing in the towel! I was listening to a Old Bob segar song last weekend when he talks about meeting a girl in the bar "and they drove out of sight" Well I'll tell you it sounds pretty good. But today is Friday I guess I'll crawl in. Hate the unpleasent stuff at work, really make it worse by worrying it.

Hey Pam, Kina, Dana Stop in

Hey Lurkers we have bus seats open

Bunna glad you are feeling better, it's just the metal monster letting you know how much water you are holding on too!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

Hi girls!!n I just had a very sad day today!!! I can not talk aobut it but my heart is hurt.

I did not let that cause any problems so far but I was so tempted to go and eat like a hog at McD's but i had a chicken salad. MMMMMMM

Pat I too like the motto so I am going to change my by line.

I have to drive to fulton in the morning for a swim meet then have much to do at home. Tax time on sunday. and then Oh gosh tons of things. I am tired though and really think I should just og to sleep!!

Julie???

Bunna????

Dana????

Pam????

meals 2 low carb breads and 3 eggs
l & D mcd's salad with extra meat!!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:52 AM   #24  
Trying to find my way.

Girls WHERE ARE YOU????

I had a good day yesterday but again I had a salad for dinner. the salt is way too much but it was either that or a burger with bun and a huge pile of frenchfries.

the boys did great with swimming. I was so happy with them. matt actually came in first in one of his races. Ben too!

Tax day today so I hope good news is on the way. If not I am not sure what I will do!!! We have been needed a new roof for quite a while now and the water has been leaking down the cealing for a few years when the snow starts to build up. NOT GOOD!!! then the house is so badly in need of a paint job. I do notwant siding as I am afraid that it will look bad. I have seen too many not look good. but it would help to insulate the house more. DH feels that this house is insulated but I know it is not. It can not be i can not keep any heat in it and i spen average 150 a month just for the heating bill!!! that is on a budget. which is almost 3 times as much as anyone else!!! Yea I knnow it is an old house but there is ways to insulate.

Well I am going to get off my soap box. I just geet going on this subject!!

So girls i am talking ot my self here so where are you????
Old 02-08-2004, 07:48 AM   #25  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone

Well Sue I am sorry that you had a bad thing happen hope you are OK. Great on teh eating. Congrats for your children's swim meet.
We too are in nned of a roof. We knew that whe we bought the house last year. No leaks yet, Knock on wood. Tax day for us too. Although I had kinda forgot until I read your post.

Not putting the effort behind the weight thing. Still can't maintain focus.

Worked 6 hours on college yesterday. Wasn't able to get in any reading time last week and paid for it yesterday.

But on the bright side I haven't gained any weight and my clothes are fitting better. I also have great people here thta support and encourage me!

You OPGoddess Have a great weekend. I too am hoping that Uncle Sam will help with the cost of a roof

Alright now where are the rest of you?

The bus is quiet
Old 02-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #26  

Sorry ladies i have been MIA for a few days as i was having too much fun! Friday i spent the night at my moms house and saterday i spent the day with my sister riding snowmachine and then we went to a dinner and dance and i danced sooooo much! I hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:45 AM   #27  
Bunnababy

I'm here guys, server problems again. Long story but I will check in Monday afternoon or evening and catch up on the happenings.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 AM   #28  
Work in Progress

Fun???? Well good for you Julie!
Hey Bunna How are you feeling? I hope you are over that thing!
Spent time yesterday cutting exercise out of the magazines like shape. Since we moved a year ago, I havn't been very organized up there. I had a great routine going then it got shuffled. But I am starting again.
Well did the taxes, moved the file cabinet. Got a couple of things off my to do list.

Eating ?? Well I guess instant gratification was more importanty that wearing those clothes that don't fit. HMMM...
Must break this down to day by day. I did do somethings a little out of the ordinarylike not be so focused on what I had to get done this weekend. Let myself relax a little. That is unusual for me. DH was home on SUnday which can be a pain, but I did OK.

Hey everyone else how goes it?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:37 AM   #29  

I have been good this week and have eaten well with the exception of saterday. There wasnt a whole lot of choices where i was so i just tried to use moderation and did alot of dancing! I hope everyone elses weekends were good!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:24 PM   #30  
Bunnababy

This gets harder and harder for me. I told my mom I was so frustrated that I just wanted to quit dieting of any kind and just eat plain old regular food. She encouraged me to do just that but in reality I know better because my hunger for sweets and carbs has no end and there is no such thing as moderation when it comes to those foods.

I missed so much being gone but it sounds like most of us are struggling.

By the way, I am starting to feel better. Thank God for that for sure. watching over me.

I need to dance two or three nights away without eating anything in between dances. Worked all weekend but am watching movies tonight. Under the Tuscan Sun and Secondhand Lions. Looking forward to both.

We are in the process of matching wine and food for a big event in March. That requires tasting and cooking, tasting and cooking, tasting and cooking, well I guess you get my point. I am going to have to really watch myself cuz I love good wine and food pairings. :

I am going back to the gym tomorrow. Tried today but still not really up to it and then I got sidetracked.
Closed Thread