Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Marti - I forgot to mention your drawings in my last post. Can you show us some? I would be very interested in them. I see what you mean about if the dogs are going to eat healthy, you guys should too! That's easier said than done, tho. Good luck with the new tape.

Kayecee - my van is Chrysler Town & Country, candy apple red, grey leather seats, lots of options, no radio on the steering wheel, tho. Yes, dahling, we have such good taste, lol. The thing I like a whole lot is the bag holders in the back - little circle thingys that you hook your Walmart sack over.... cool! I posted a links for salmon recipes in the recipe thread, okay? Write a ditty about the Jaded Ladies to share with us, okay? And please don't rhyme it with Nantucket! I will email you with the details of Wendi and Fast Track, okay?

Meanwhile, I posted some pictures of me and our dogs. The pic of me does not even begin to show how huge I am, and when I've had a nice loss and take more pics, I'll post a couple of full-length ones. Also, this is a vanity thing, but my teeth are NOT yellow as they appear inthe pic! I don't know why they showed up that way, except the orange light for the Red Eye Reducer was on.

About the dogs, Molly is my girl and only tolerates Neal. She bites his feet when we dance together, lol. Chloe is a spoiled baby, and Rosie is old and almost blind.

The ice storm is on us like a hobo on a ham sandwich! We are stuck til it melts, but don't need anything. I can't believe the computer server is still working! Thank God for small favors, right?

Better go, bbl,
Jana
Old 01-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon dahlings--

Kayecee---If we were to get another vehicle, James wants a Dodge Durango. Go figure, get something nice and spendy! If we do,,, I will try to find a red one!

Jana--I wish I had my artwork. But I don't. When I moved out of my parents in high school, I left it, and I don't have most of it anymore. I think I may have one or two things I've drawn... I will have to hunt it down. Sure wish I could get "into" drawing again.

Jana, you are so cute!! I like your photo. Now I have a face to you, Cristi, and of coarse Shanna. Kayecee...Angie.....you're next!
I don't know why, but I pictured you with darker hair. I should have realized that you may be a redhead with your grandkids being redheads! Post more! I think I need to clean my albums up and post new ones. But first I need to take pictures!

I've done some pilates this morning. I haven't tried the tape yet, since the James is still sleeping and the VCR I use is in my room. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow night when James is at work.

Kayecee, I hope your salmon turns out delicious. I was surprised to read that you've never tried it before. I love salmon, but my preferrence of coarse is Halibut!! Love it.
To prepare our salmon.. we put tinfoil in a baking dish, lay the salmon in and dot it with butter, sprinkle some lemon pepper, garlic and dill, squeeze some lemon and then wrap the tinfoil around it and bake for 20-30mins. Good stuff!

Oh...this probably should be in the recipe thread. Well...no need to write it twice and for you to read it twice!

Ok ladies.... I need to get ready to go to town for some grocery shopping. You all take care and I probably will check in later.

Marti
Old 01-25-2004, 03:03 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Afternoon ladies~

Jana~your photo's are great! You are a beautiful lady and your teeth don't look yellow at all.

Marti~I am with Jana on the drawings-we would love to see them. My kids are great with that kind of stuff. DS#1, is so good writing poems he amazes me and others. DS#2 is excellent with drawing, even on the computer-also amazes me, and DD got both-she is excellent at painting, drawing and writing poems and she too amazes me. Of course they don't get any of that from me. I am a little crafty and somewhat decent at decorating but I could never draw, paint or write a poem. They definitely got that from their dad and the indian in them. Their dad was talented also.

That is just so sad Marti about that lady having to ride in the bed of a pickup, so degrading. My heart goes out to her because while she may not seem to mind she has to feel a bit slighted. I would feel so horrible, geez I feel horrible for her.

Kayecee~CONGRAT'S on the new mini-van! I have had a mini-van for many years ( a Windstar, a Venture-red and now a Windstar again) and want to get an SUV, a small one of course, a Hyundai or a Saturn but I am not sure I would. I love all the room in the mini-van even if it is just me and DH most of the time. Sorry to hear about Landon, hope he is feeling better.

Hi Angie & Shanna~hoep you ladies are doing fine.

Not much going on with me today. Went to 11 am Mass-Father Mike was too funny today. Then went to lunch with DH. It is a cloudy, drizzly day. Going to catch up on some laundy and do some packing. I have filled up 3 tubs so far and DH got 4 more. I am putting things in them that really need to come out of the closet and be put in the basement, not the garage.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. TTFN

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-25-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #19  

Hmmmmm.... let's see:

Jaded Ladies met in Nantucket....
Decided to try their gambling luck-et...
Kayecee tried to bluff...
To win Antonio- so buff...
Used an ace up her sleeve where she'd tucked it.

The stakes kept getting higher and higher....
The others were beginning to tire..
Won the whole frigging pot
Got him and Mel- so hot!
Come on boys, y'all light my fire!!!!

Old 01-25-2004, 03:10 PM   #20  
One day at a time

Hi Marti & Kayecee!

Too funny Kayecee! More, more...
Old 01-25-2004, 04:17 PM   #21  

Kayecee--

Loved it! Give us another one! Encore Encore!!

Old 01-25-2004, 09:24 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Thanks to all of you about the pic. My hair IS brown, but looks reddish in the photo! I was so worried about my teeth, I barely noticed my hair!

Marti - good for you, doing the pilates! Your recipe for salmon sounds wonderful. I have never, ever had salmon steak, either. Growing up Catholic, (I'm Lutheran now) we had fish on Fridays, and my mom would often make salmon patties. Yum! I still eat the bones when I fix these.

Cristi - Having a funny pastor is good, isn't it? Our's tells funny things that happened to him during the week, and I always enjoy that. Hope you got your laundry and packing done.

Kayecee - what'd I tell ya about Nantucket??? LOL!! You did a good job!

Well girls, I have had another very good day OP. My sweetie Neal is being such a good sport about this! Vincennes University is CLOSED tomorrow due to the ice. That practically never happens! So he is already planning to sleep late. I, however, plan to get up early and eat breakfast, lol.

Better go, be good,
Jana
Old 01-25-2004, 10:54 PM   #23  

Talking

Thank you! Thank you! Actually, I cranked that one out in about 2 minutes and it's not one of my better ones. And sorry Jana, Nantucket is a lot easier to rhyme with than Evansville! And I had you pictured as a brunette too!

Marti- I tried the salmon recipe you gave me and yum! It was really good. (but I made it without dill because I didn't have any) Tim went nuts over it, so I guess we're really turning into seafood freaks around here. Oh well, with the mad cow scare, maybe that's a good thing. Do you think the dill makes a big difference in the taste?

Cristi- Thanks. Landon's fine (but still mad) How is your DS doing? I hope you got lots and lots packed today.

Angie and Shanna- How are you girls? Hope you had a good day.

Well, gonna go play a few games on the puter and go to bed. I was supposed to have jury duty tomorrow, but it's been postponed until Tuesday. I hate when they do that. It's bad enough to have to plan your life around it, but when they keep putting you off...... See y'all later.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:42 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone?

Kayecee - do you ever play spider solitaire? It's lots of fun. I used to be totally obsessed with minesweeper, and even lost sleep to it!

Here's a prayer that is appropriate for all of us, I think:

Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Neal took me in the 4WD to Walmart today, and I couldn't believe how many people were out on the ice. I just about busted my butt getting into the store! We didn't really need anything, but I was getting cabin fever.

I'm doing real good with WW FT. It really makes me appreciate the regular program.

BBL,
Jana
Old 01-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #25  

Afternoon ladies--

Jana--I liked that prayer. I will print that and put it in my scrapbook! Very nice. I want to find all kinds of motivational quotes and prayers. I had another talk with James about the scrapbook idea and told him about how he needs to take my pictures for me, and how I planned on wearing the same outfit...he wanted to know if I was going to wear something skimpy! Can you believe that? Silly man. I plan on finding an out fit that I had bought before the weight gain and maybe seeing how awful it looks will get me strive for the right fit!!

Kayecee--I'm glad you liked the simple recipe for salmon. We don't always have dill around...it just adds a little flavor. James makes this one sauce sometimes that has dill...I'm not sure what all is in it.. I think honeymustard or dijon mustard...I've been wanting to try it on Salmon.. so far we've only used it on Chicken Breast.

I went looking for some of my old artwork.. I don't have any. I was disappointed. So I called my grandparents to see if I left any of it behind. They didn't have it. So much moving around back in my early 20's, I have lost them. But I do have one picture that I painted as a mural in the highschool. I look at it now and think "What was my art teacher thinking when he had me paint that?" It was a doodle to start with, then it just proceeded into something strange. It's not even that good!! Very child like (the drawing technique) Once I figure out where I put that, I will post it. You'll all laugh and think "And she believed she could draw?"

Not much going on today. I have lots of homework I have to work on. I plan on getting that out of the way then spending an hour working out. I feel good afterwards....so I'm hoping I stay with the good feeling of doing it!

Hi to Cristi, Angie & Shanna. Angie.. is your friend going to join us soon?

I will check in later girls... I'm going to post in the twilight zone.

Marti
Old 01-26-2004, 07:05 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Default Hiya Girlies~

I am totally exhausted for some reason.Of course didn't get much packing yesterday-1 1/2 tubs. We have so much junk! Took DD to Olive Garden for lunch today for her birthday and boy was it yummy! Good thing I didn't have any breakfast. Then did a little shopping at the book store, got home just in time to take DS to his Dr. appointment. He's fine, the incisions are healing nicely but he is on restriction for work, no lifting more than 15 pounds and continue with the low-fat diet for another week, or until he goes back to the Dr again in 2 weeks. Other than that things look good. Now I am baking DD cake and baked potatoes for dinner. I prefer to buy store bought cakes but she always wants a pink heart shaped cake-hey it's her day so she gets what she wants. Well, as far as her cake and what she wants to do for the day.

All that talk about Salmon is making me hungry. Marti, your recipe may be simple but sounds delicious! Of course one thing-I am not a fan of Salmon. Like Jana, I have had the patties as my mother used to make them. I've only made them a few times because no one likes them. Those are delicious!

Jana~I believe we got your weather. It has been icky most of the day. Started out with light snow this morning and by the time DD and I got home the roads were getting messy. Thanks for the prayer-that is one of my favorites.

Marti~you will have fun doing the scrapbook-but be very careful-it gets addicting. I try to stay away from the scrapbook store here. I could spend hours there and of course too much money.

If you ladies like to do puzzles online when you get bored let me know. I receive a daily puzzle and will share the site. I would tell you now but I can't remember the exact site. I will get it later. I love doing the puzzles and playing solitare.

Hi Kayecee, Angie & Shanna-hope you ladies are having a fine day.

I need to ge toff this thing for now and go get the cake frosted and start dinner. Take care ladies-talk to ya soon.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:18 AM   #27  

Hey girls! Been studying my butt off and now I'm having "brain farts." There is so much technical junk to this CompTIA and I didn't realize that my brain had aged as much as my body has!

Cristi- Happy birthday to DD. Glad DS is doing o.k. Jana- I love any kind of card games and spider solitaire is one of my faves. I've always hated minesweeper for some reason though. Congrats on being OP.

Marti- I'll trade homework with you. I don't think Powerpoint is as technical as this @%$#^&%&%. LOL Where's Shanna? Am I gonna have to whip her back over here?

Hey Angie! Where ya at girlie? Night y'all.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:23 AM   #28  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

If Im not at work Im at the theatre...lol
I went to work this morning to no power at work. Its so cold here...brrr its like minus 30 but with the wind chill its like minus 40...I don't know how to convert it to what you use. Its just darn cold.
I was feeling so good last week after taking my antibiotics,,,but yesterday I woke all stuffed up and sore throat again...*sigh not sure if I should make another visit to my Dr ...feel like such a whiner...always sick.
Its also TOM and I feel bloated,,,crampy and tired and..... a two year old in a full blown temper tantrum! lol
I was trying to remember old cheers and converting them to our other thread with Mel and Antonio...lol
Well I should be getting to bed.
night all
Angie
Old 01-27-2004, 09:03 AM   #29  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Marti - lol, leave it to a man to ask about a skimpy outfit! For my scrapbook so far, I have the Serenity prayer, my mission statement, a monthly totals page just waiting for the entries, My first photos, and a Top Ten List of why I want to lose weight. If you do find any of your artwork, please post it... and if not, why not do some new pieces? That would give you something creative to do besides homework and we all would love to see them.

Cristi - Happy Belated Birthday to your DD!! How did the cake turn out? Tell her to eat a another piece for me! Glad to hear your son is feeling better. I'd love the addy for a puzzle each day! I even keep a puzzle book in the bathroom and work Crostics (Hard!) or sometimes, just plain old circle words and crosswords.

Kayecee - Hope your brain is feeling better today! And no, you are not old! Anyone in their 30's is at their best. My dad said a woman in her 30's is at her prettiest, and I have to agree with him.

Angie - I hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like you need some pampering! Also, don't forget John Michael Montgomery (JMM) when you do your cheers, lol.

Shanna - uh-oh! I think I hear Kayecee coming after you! You better get in here FAST!!

School is cancelled again today, so I'm making Katie catch up on all of her laundry. Talk about MAJOR Mt. Washmore! We had even more snow, and it is still snowing as I write this. Maybe tomorrow Katie can do her dad's and my laundry too! Just kidding, I wouldn't let her get close to my stuff - she is not particular at all, and I am...

I am still OP, but will be very appreciative to get back to the regular WW! I have been going to bed hungry every night. Not terribly so, just enough to feel it. And as Bob Greene says, that's my body telling me "Hey, this is a warning - if you don't feed me, I'm going to start in on the extra fat!" YAY!!

I'm going to do some more spring cleaning today.
BBL,
Jana
Old 01-27-2004, 12:33 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Default Good Morning All~

Jana~thanks for the birthday wishes for DD! Here's the puzzle site: http:www.jigzone.com It is pretty cool of course I enjoy doing puzzles. I signed up to receive the puzzle of the day which I don't always do. But when I haven't done one in a while I click on the link anyway to basically keep it going. If there is no activity for a while they will quit sending them. But you can go to the site and find whatever puzzle you like. I too love doing all kinds of puzzles and keep a puzzle book by my chair, a lot of word search ones.

Kayecee~thank you also for the birthday wishes for DD. I think women are like fine wine. They get better as they age and I think women in their 30's and 40's are beautiful!

Angie~okay, maybe I won't be visiting Canada! I thought it was cold here-brrrrr! I have always wanted to live there for some reason. I say for some reason because I have never been.

Marti~hope you are having a great day at school. Thanks for the tip on the emails. I have been playing with it. I have had MSN for almost two years and just never messed with that because I don't send pictures. But I think they updated and added that not too long ago. I swear I never saw all that.

Well ladies I need to get on witht he day. Not sure what I need to get done except there is always packing and cleaning to do. Oh before I forget check out thsi site. This woman made a quilt in honor of all who died on Sept. 11. When it comes up click on the quilt until it is big enough to see the faces. It is so cool and such an awesome tribute. Must have taken her a long time to do this, it truely is a labor of love.
http://www.gzquilt.com/About_the_Qui...the_quilt.html

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread