Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #118

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 01-16-2004, 11:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Thanks for starting the new thread Ricci. How has your evening been?
I had alot of fun at DH's cousins house. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed adult conversation, lol.
I'm kinda worried about WI tomorrow. Seems I'm retaining water due to TOM so I'm expecting a small gain. Well at least I know it isn't from being off plan because I've done well this week. But I'm changing my WI day to friday starting next week... just to let you know.
Well sorry to not get personal. I can't remember what everyone wrote in the last thread. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! G'nite!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!!!!!!
This has to be short- our new furniture arrives today and I have a ton of stuff to do.
Besides, Dh is in one of his Attila the Hun moods......need I say more??????

I am going to resume posting WW tips, which I had forgotten to do for a long time.

WW tip # 21- Eat some 0 point veggies to take the edge off your appetite before you go out to eat.

Ricci- thanks for starting a new thread. Spryng- don't sweat the WI!!!!!!!!! Water weight is just that- and you know it will be gone in a week. Look for those nonscale accomplishments, like your smaller jeans and how great you look!! The scale will catch up sooner or later.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #4  

Good morning all!
You are right Ginny, I won't worry about my WI today. And what does your new furniture look like?? Oh, I love new things!!
OK, I was right about my WI... I gained 1/2 lb. I thought it would be more. But as Ginny said it's water weight and will be gone by my next WI. But I'll post it anyway to stay accountable. Have a great saturday all!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone,

Anyone want a 2 year old???? Free to a good home!

We're going to a friend's house today so I will be gone til tonight. Maybe I can leave him there (lol, really)....

Have a great day everyone and congrats on the new furniture Ginny. I lOVE new stuff! But our furniture isn't worn out enough yet!! Spryng, you'll lose that 1/2 lb in no time!

Bye everyone!
Old 01-17-2004, 10:34 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!

First thing is to report my weigh in. I'm down 2lbs this wk!!! So that makes 8lbs total in 3 wks. I can't believe how well I'm doing on this diet. I hate to call it a diet, b/c I'm still eating my Carmellos!! Anyway, that's the diet report!
Dh and I had a great night!! We pulled out the couch bed and put a dvd in and slept in the living room. Alex was right in the middle!! I think he missed his dad! He ran fever so bad last night. I had 2 blankets covering him, and he was still shaking in his sleep! I gave him motrin before he went to sleep around 8, and then some tylenol around midnight. It finally broke. I felt sorry for the poor baby. He seems to be feeling better this morning. The dr. said that the antibiotic he was on, was not working. So it wasn't anything new, it had just gotten worse.
Well, I think we may run into town today and get me and dh new tennis shoes. I think mine are pretty worn out!
I'm going to check out that web site on sherman. Hey my granpa is named sherman, wouldn't be him would it? Anyway, I hope ya'll have a great day! Geri, I was hoping you might want my 2 yr old!! Ginny, congrats on the new furniture. It always puts me in the cleaning mood when I get something new. TTYL!!
Old 01-17-2004, 05:04 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Spryng- congrats on the WI!!!! Why???? 'Cause we all know that 1/2# of water is nothing and you are really down some fat!!!

Geri- hope that your day out goes well.....and that your 2 yr old headache improves a bit!

Andrea- congrats on the 2# loss!!!!!! That is great!!!!!

The furniture is here and we love it. The room is our garage, which Dh finished off....it looks great and you can't tell at all what it once was. We got oversized furniture- the really big couch, love seat and chair (overstuffed is probably the best way to describe it). Basically brown sort of fuzzy fabric- and a muted brochade kind of pillow and fabric on the chair. But Dh is still in one of his moods.....although it is improving. I did some stress eating......wonder why?? An d I have to be a good girl for the rest of the day to stay op. Gotta go clean.....after all the furniture moving (how right you are Andrea!!) Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 01-17-2004, 10:24 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good evening all.

Had a very nice day. There is a group of us from high school that are still friends after all these years. 2 more have joined us in the past 6 months or so and we all went out to one of the new girls houses. They just built it 7 months ago and will have to move because her husband got a job transfer and it's too long of a commute. Lucky for all of us, she'll live closer. It was about a 45 minute drive one way. Anyway the house was nice, but decorated very modern (lots of stainless steel). I love the look of it, but not in my house... I prefer softer lines and more clutter . I could never keep a house that neat and they have 3 kids. There are always toys to trip on all over or papers & mail on our counters.

The kids ran around like maniacs (there were 9 of them between the ages of 7 months and 10 years) and we chatted and played with beading. It was fun. We usually go out for dinner but are trying to get away from the "food" thing a little.

Other than that nothing new today. Got my 30 min in on the treadmill this morning despite having to holler at Will every 5 minutes 'cause he doesn't listen to me.... so Andrea, NO I don't want another

I'm going to try the WW eggplant parmesean recipe tomorrow with probably some chicken breasts on the side. It looks really good. I saw it on the website. Hey Spryng ... how do you like that? I'm telling you what's for dinner tomorrow today!!

Hi to Ginny, Candy, Jackie and anyone else I may have missed out there. Have a great night!!

Last edited by Chubba; 01-17-2004 at 10:25 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 01-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #9  

Hi!
Well I'm up way past my bedtime. Me and Dh watched Blow tonight. It's a true story about a drug dealers life. It was very good! Left me feeling sorry for the guy even though he was breaking the law.
Geri, I'm proud of you for getting your exercise in today on the treadmill. I have one but haven't used it much. I need to clean some of the junk out of the spare bedroom and then I might would use it!! Maybe that will be my goal for this week. I'll try to walk on the treadmill at least 3 times this week. I looked for a pilates video or dvd, but our Walmart didn't have anything. Go figure! You would think with everyone going on a diet at the first of the year, they would have a good selection.
Today was my high point day so we ate at Pizza Hut. YUM!! I could eat there every day! Then I followed that up with a Carmello later that afternoon! Not very healthy, but if I don't have some junk, I'll cheat!!
I guess I'd better head off to bed or I'm going to be very tired in the morning! ~TTYL~
Old 01-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #10  

Good morning all!
I'm trying to be quick on here today. I have so much to do.
Andrea, I bought me a new pilates dvd on friday at Walmart. My walmart had several to choose from but I decided on Crunch Pilates. It has 3 workouts to choose from on it (I love dvd format, no fast forwarding) abs, butt, thighs. And each are 10 minutes long so you can do a 10 min segment or all three for a 30 minute workout. Sounds good to me since sometimes I'm so tired after the kids go to bed and don't want to spend 30 minutes or more working out... I can tailor it to my needs. So I'm thinking of trying to get in 4 workouts a week. Twice a week with the pilates, once with The Firm, and once my choice (either my own thing or a workout video of my choice)
Geri, good for you for getting on that treadmill. I think I have decided that is what i want for my anniversary. And how nice to still be in touch with high school friends! I don't know what happened to any of mine. I moved too much. Plus I quit high school in the 9th grade and graduated early from home schooling.
Ginny, thanks for the encouraging words on my WI! I didn't think of it like that at all, lol. And I loved overstuffed furniture! My living room set is like that. Everyone who sits on it loves it. Very comfy. But it was a bear to get into the house, lol.
OK, I really do need to get off of here. Hope everyone's weekend is running smoothly! TTYL!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #11  

Good Morning!
We are having a quiet morning. I just fixed cinnimon rolls for dh. They are his favorite. Spryng, how did you like being home schooled? I home schooled Andrew last year.(that was kindergarden) We had moved to El Dorado, AR, and that town is much bigger than the one we live in, so I didn't feel comfortable about putting him in a school where I didn't know any of the teachers or anyone for that matter. It was hard with Alex being home but we made it. When we moved back home in Aug. I decided to put him in the schools here. Everyone knows everyone and Dh also grad. from these schools. It has really been a good decision cause Alex takes up ALL of my time!! If I take my eyes off of him for one second, he's eating toothpaste or coloring on the walls. It's funny how different situations in your life call for different ways of doing things! I'm curious about how you liked it, if you don't mind telling.
Well, I'd better go do some SAHM stuff! ~TTYL~
Old 01-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  

Oh, thanks for the info on the pilates dvd. I'm going to Hot Springs Mon. for Alex's dr. app. so I'll check out the dvd's there!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello tonight.

There's a movie starting in a minute that I want to try to catch! Hope everyone's having a good Sunday. I'll get personal tomorrow.

Have a great night!!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

Howdy! Whoo! My weekend was really busy. And now I am getting sick. Had a headache all day yesterday and runny nose this morning. I'm fixin' to load up on some "get better" stuff here in a minute.

Geri, just being nosy, but what was the movie?

Andrea, congrats on your loss and glad you had a good weekend with DH. Hope the baby gets to feeling better. Regarding homeschooling, I am going to be HS both of my kids. How did it go for you? How many hours a day did you devote to it. My sister also homeschooled for high school. By then, the kid is more independent whereas with little kids, you have to be right there every minute helping and interacting. I would like the break but not enough to send my kids to the schools we have here and I am not willing to drive 40 minutes twice a day to take them to a another school.

Spryng, hope the water come off this week and TOM comes and goes. I was supposed to start last Monday. Of course, since I had an assembly this weekend where I would be sitting for hours, it waited until Saturday to come. Better than the alternative though. I am definitely not ready for another baby right now. Please let me get through the terrible 2's with Ky first!!!

Ginny, congrats on the new furniture. The converted garage sounds like a nice family room.

Well, sorry not to say more but I am really feeling yucky. I'm praying it is not the flu! I had it last year and it was awful.

Oh, I am down this week. Can't remember how much though. I am 153 so I think it is 2 pounds but it may just be one. You'll be able to tell by my signature. I haven't changed it yet. TTYL!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
I am so glad it is monday and I can stay HOME!!
Candy congrats on the 2# loss!! That is great. Seems something is working for you And I hope you don't have the flu... so terrible this year.
Andrea, I didn't mind being homeschooled I suppose. It allowed me to finish earlier but since I wasn't in school I also worked full time and that got me out of the house which I desperately needed at that age. I'm going to put my kids in public school and as long as they do well and peer pressure doesn't get them down I don't ever plan to take them out. If I had to do it over I would have wanted to graduate from my public high school but I didn't have a choice in the matter.
Well, what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I guess I'm making White Bean Enchiladas. It's a new recipe I haven't tried yet.
Ok, I need to scoot. Hope everyone is having a great monday so far!
Closed Thread