Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 AM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

We are recovering from another storm! We got another 3 inches of snow last night. DS was out in it last night I certainly didn't get to sleep until he was home safe. Fortunately the roads weren't icy and he made it home by 11:30.

I didn't go to Curves this a.m. because of the weather. The streets are pretty much cleared now so I can get out. I have to go for routine blood work today and can't eat my breakfast until after so I'm going as early as I can.

Gary: I agree with you about the rent thing. We told our guys that if they are in school they won't have to pay rent but if they decide to work and live at home they will be contributing to household expenses. As it is they do help out with gas for the car and do buy their own junk food. I will be teaching one of them to clean their new bathroom this weekend. should be interesting. One works all day on Saturdays so he gets a bit of a break.

Sprout: Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the great work!!

Michele: It sounds like things are really coming together for you. Great job and the eating and finding a friend to walk with. It's not a chore if you can share it with someone.

I better get outside and brush the snow off my roof. Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #32  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary~you have many words of wisdom regarding raising children. I just love how you lovingly discipline them. My parents are really wonderful and i had a lot of responsibility while growing up because of my brother in a wheelchair, (I'm not complaining), so i think they tried to give me some leeway and sometimes did not expect much of me in some areas, like cleaning my room, etc. And so, while i'm not a slob, i have trouble with keeping things clean and orderly. It's good things you are teaching them, to be responsible, they will thank you some day, although it sounds like they already know what a treasure you are!

Wilma, wow, that's a lot of snow. You guys are really getting hit up there aren't you? I guess by comparison, our winter has been mild so far. This a.m. was bad for spin outs. It's just on the verge of freezing rain.........and of course, Minnesotans don't know how to drive....sorry, don't mean to be judgmental but it's true IMHO Hope all goes well with the blood tests.

I had a hard time last night, i just had to have something sweet and i broke into my See's Victoria Toffee last night. Immediately I felt like crap. Tomorrow is my 2 weeks on induction. But this a.m. i'm getting right back on program. I'm afraid the sugar gave me a thumper. And i'm also feeling the fatigue and dull headache from the Epstein Barr so i've started the supplements again and i'll have to make myself go to bed by 9 pm for a couple weeks.

Have had some email communication with the guyfriend who went to CA. He's trying to tell me that something happened to him in CA that he wasn't honest with me and he wants to see me to tell me about it. OH NO! I'm not playing those games....there's nothing he can't tell me in an email. It's just a ploy to see him and i'm not doing it. My gut tells me not to trust him, and I don't.

Have a great day!

Sunny!~Joe's back to work..............so come on girlie! I miss you! Where are you?
Old 01-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #33  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Hey there - Hi!

Just thought we all could use a reminder fo what is to come in the Spring

So good to see everyone! I wasn't getting any e-mails from CEr's so I just thought I would check this morning and so many have posted! Even Wilma and Gary! Thanks for asking about me Michele (you made me smile this morning).

Actually I have been spending mega time on this cp with UPGRADES AND UPDATES! The last two Microsoft UPDATES were critical updates and they took 10 hours (together) to load!!!!!! And I don't open my e-mails or go onto other sites while I am loading because I am very vulnerable because I have to shut down my Anti-Virus till these were loaded - scary right now. I just just played it safe by not surfing while it all was loading. So that is another reason I haven't been back yet. What took days felt like months! I was exhausted!

I did get e-mails yesterday from my Curves #4 Thread, so I had been on there briefly to catch up with the ladies... I have been going back to Curves and feel so much better! What a great feeling! I just wonder why I go off like I do when I feel so well when I behave! Human behavior just baffles me to death. Yesterday I was still having what I call a 'weeping-willow' day --- just felt sensitive and weepy all day, but by evening I was beginning to feel better. It seem to take much longer to detox this time, probably all that rich Italian foods I have been stuffing myself with the last two months! "What was I thinking?"

Boy, am I glad to have this format back... I think it's so much easier to use! To put anything in Color, BOLD or Italic - all I have to do is highlight the paragraph, or words and go click on what I want and it's done. Nice & easy! Even the pictures are easier to add.

Hi MICHELE, I am so glad to see you back and to hear that you are doing so well with your program! Isn't it something how your body feels when you have been treating it well and then eat something that isn't so good. You'll get back on track again and feel good... hope your headache goes away soon! I have had a headache for the last two days!! Ouch! Today, I feel great! It feels so good when you don't have to deal with head-pain, doesn't it?

As far as your x-guy-friend, I think you are doing right by following your instincts. Whatever happened between you was a serious clue on this guys intentions and so you should be careful! So glad to hear that you and 'shy-guy' (Tom) are connecting and doing well. All good things come to those who wait Also very happy to hear that all went well with your speech too! Not that I doubted you for a moment!

Thanks for the compliment on my spec's - allot of people have told me they look nice on me. That's nice to hear. So many changes. Don't be too concerned about my eye, Michele, I am okay - really. Just as long as it doesn't change I will be fine. I am set to see the eye Dr. again on the 19th - I will keep you (all) informed. But I can always use your prayers Just so you know - I am not in any pain with it (just don't want to lose it is all). Thank-you so much for caring, I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate your concern because I do... I just don't want you to be worried 'bout me is all

Glad you liked my radio and home... me too I really enjoy not only how it looks, but the sound is fantastic. Slowly I am able to do things (as I can aford it) to change the kitchen into a 1950's style kitchen.

ANGEL, Joe is doing so much better - thank you for your prayers. He sounds worse then he is. It all went into his sinus' - poor thing.

Have you heard anything new on your SIL and his father?? As to 'when' they will be coming home in February?

Speaking of my kitchen... Hey there SPROUT... So glad to hear that you are feeling better and doing so well. Remodelling takes so much time and money - doesn't it?! Sounds like you have quite a project ahead of you!!! But I have heard that it is all so well worthwhile once it's done! I want to pick up the colors in my new clock and radio for my kitchen - I just love that aqua! So I am looking to paint the cabinets in my kitchen butter yellow, with chrome knobs & handles, Tiled back splash picking up the aqua, red, butter yellow & gray. Yep gray... gonna do the floor with bisque & gray tiles and will redo the counter-top with a textured gray. Gray & Soft Yellow is so pretty together & cheery (you need cheery in Ohio - with all the clouds we have here). I can see it all finished in my head - but just have to wait till I have the $$$ saved up. I want to try and do as much as I can myself so I don't have to go into the thousands of $$$ (like 35,000 - 40,000 that most pay out).

"Congrats" on your weight-loss of 3 1/2#'s!!!! I am beginning to see some loss again too. Hope it keeps coming off.

Hi GARY, It's so good to see you again! I have missed seeing your posts. You guys have Norton? So do I and I haven't had any problems at all - it's been a good program. I have the Norton Professional Anti-Virus and it does live updates often (which is really good to have these days). Hope things get better with your cp. It takes allot of work these days to keep them healthy!

I also agree with your discipline. It is the way I grew up too and am happy to have had. It taught me responsibility, accountability & discipline. As far as you asking your son to pay rent - I think my girlfriend should do the same thing with her daughter - to teach her responsibility! She doesn't even know how to write a check and she's 20, has a job and is going to college! We were talking about it again this morning. She really does need to learn how to take care of herself and her needs...

Thank-you so much for the compliment - you and the others are so kind to me and make me feel so good! I haven't felt real great about myself these last few days, but am feeling real good today and hope it continues. I hate to feel crummy (emotioally I mean).

Gary, Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family as you all deal with your Goddaughter leaving for Iraq today - she and all the others are in 'our' continued prayers. Please, keep us informed about her, would you?

Hey there SAMI, Have you gotten your new cp yet? Cannot wait to hear what you decided to get and see you back!

Hi SUE, So good to hear from you Thank you --- glad you liked my glasses too.

Hi WILMA, Have you unburied yourselves yet??? We are getting allot of very cold temps here and it's snowing today, but we may only get about 2 - 4 inches, not nearly what you all are getting (but that okay by me!) I don't want to shovel my way to the jeep to get to Curves in the mornings... I went again this morning and cannot believe how crowded they are. Of course it's January - and there's all those resolutions going on right now (I don't do resolutions --- I feel it sets me up for nothing but to fail, again). I hope they all keep going, but most will not. We have over 400 sign ups at our Curves now and just got a new machine ~ #11 of 13 out there. I still go three times around even though we got more machines. And after tomorrow - I will have gotten in my 3x this week I think that going on TUES-WED-THURS mornings at 8:30 is a better schedule for me then MON-WED-FRI were. Monday's are my jammie days (or PJ days) and I don't want to give that up. It's also my day for catching up with you all (but didn't this week because of UPGRADES for the cp). And next week I have to be at the eye Dr at 10:00 and don't know when I can be on... I will have my eyes dilated and it will be very hard to see. Maybe I will check in before I go at 10:00. Anyway, it's great getting back into the routine of working out again. I really missed it.

Well, I really feel like I have been on here forever, so I will say, "Austa-la-vista" (is that how it goes??? ) for now. Take Good Care of yourselves and keep on keeping on...
"Luck" for you all on staying on your programs and feeling fine
Always,
SunnyD

PS>>> WE MISS YOU JUDY! I wish there was a way of finding you and bringing you back. I am gonna give it a try - do like Angel did to find everyone.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:31 PM   #34  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Can i pick your brain about a digital camera? Thinking of getting one with my $100 gift certificate. There is a Kodak one, 2 megapixel for under $100 but another for about $150. that i think is 3.2 megapixel. Wondering what you all think, is it worth it to save to get a better one? I just want to email pics, maybe have a few printed. My boss has a color printer and paper i could use. I know the more you spend the better the pic quality, but do any of you have the cheaper one and are you happy with it?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #35  

Default Hi there!

It is so cold here, it is suppose to be -50 tom. didn't get above 0 today!
I am sorry but can't help mitchy know that the more pixels, believe the better, same of DPI the more the better, but that is the extent of my wisdom, Hi there E.Z., I figured it was an oversight, prayers for safety for your Goddaughter, as well as all the other soldiers overseas.
Sunny so glad to hear your feeling brighter, as you always brighten our day.
Wilma- sorry to hear your getting lots of snow, we have actually had more Ice than snow, and cold temps. but winter hasn't been to bad yet.
I am on my way to prayer meeting just popped in to say hi, your all in my prayers God Bless! luv ya's
Old 01-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down Wednesday Night

GOOD EVENING LADIES

Not too sure about these new little "clowns?" I can't tell them apart-- without my old man glasses

Do you all remember me telling you how I hold my nephew Ron accountable on a DAILY basis with his teachers? If he doesn't get a daily report signed (made by him on the computer) by them or if he has a bad report for the day he loses TV rights? Well anyway yesterday he comes home with a fair? report- however 1 teacher said he had a messy notebook-- which he does-- so I told him to stay after school today and help the janitor out by cleaning the classroom (his teacher LOVED it!) actually Ron enjoyed it too. He also got a D on his math test, the teacher said that he either really wanted to know the answers OR he was trying to kill time in class by asking a lot of questions (SO RON!!) anyway I had hime re-take the test yesterday during lunch ( for no extra points)-- he did better at least- a C. The teachers say the idea of the daily report really helps Ron stay focused.

WILMA-- Hey I am sending Angie to help you teach those boys bathroom cleaning-- she has had tons of practice teaching the kids around here. It's funny, they will unload the dishwasher, clear the table, do laundry, and other chores without being asked-- but the bathroom...FORGET IT! they NEVER clean it without being told (except for my daughter)-- Angie is a bathroom freak too! Hard to make her happy--- we have 3 bathrooms but the kids all share one due to location to their bedrooms-- if all the kids are here LOOK OUT!! there is more gel flying and face washing cleansers than at costco--- my son even shaves his WHOLE body in there sometimes (a California thing for young men!) and my nephew, well---- let's just say his AIM is horrible one more ACCIDENT and he knows I am making him a Squatter for life
I wasn't clear I think on my son's rent-- as long as he went to school, had good grades, stayed active, and kept a job up and was responsible with his money, he didn't have to pay rent--- I knew he was to have a year of student teaching and school at the end of his college ( last month he finished with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science- deans list the entire time)- any way he would not be able to work much this coming year-- I felt this was a good way to teach him to set money aside each week-- even if it was only $20-- not too much then, but now after 4.5 years he has close to $5,000 saved he doesn't know about! to help him in the fall when the credential program starts. He will have the next 6 months to work at the sporting goods store and he still will coach at the high school so he will also save more money. If he is still here after he becomes a teacher the rent GOES UP!! Rent around here for a small apartment is $900 up-- and these are in bad areas-- a decent house around here rents for around $1,300 and up.
I hope the weather clears up for you soon--- it was in the 70's here today... We Californians are trying to keep it a secret![B]

SUNNYD I love your new radio! Is it a CROSLEY by chance? Angie got me a little stero with a record player, CD, cassette and radio combination for Christmas-- it came with a catalogue and they have others similar to yours. If you want to see my new toy go to www.crosleyradio.com mine is the CR78 4 in 1 entertainment center listed under products.
I have the dark one. I am not sure which Norton we had, Angie just got it- it was supposed to be the new one- the old one was fine- this one she had a lot of trouble with-- I will tell her what you said-- she is at BUNKO with the teacher friends of hers -- 20 of them-- tonight for her monthly game. Glad Curves is going well for you again.

MICHELE We got a 3.2 megapixel (sorry Angie is gone and knows the details) anyhow, it seemed to work fine-HOWEVER- it broke and we had to send it back-- a problem by buying over the internet-- we got a good price on a decent camera.... but we had to send it in to be fixed-- if we would have bought it at Costco they would have just given me a new one since we only had it a few months. Anyway it is still "out there" waiting for results. I think the ticket to not being a slob-- who isn't from time to time anyway-- is to downsize when needed and get EVERYTHING CLEANED once a year!! Really work hard for a few week-ends to clean everything, then just pick up when the PILES get too big--- in our house we allow everyone to have 1 pile-- the kids in their rooms, me by my recliner ( newspaper articles not read, bills to pay, etc) and Angie in our bedroom-- the catch is the PILE needs to be NEAT! How are you doing today with those guys? Must be nice having them chase you for awhile!! Your worth it!! Don't be "caught" too easy now

doitformeSUE My goddaughter headed out to Iraq this morning, it was all over the news here for the last few days, being a Navy area and all. I am going to try and send some of this weather to you-- in the 70's here all day today-- everywhere people complaining--"it's too hot!" I know you don't want to hear it How is the job treating you these days? still busy at church? still waiting to use the computer in the other home? Take care!

ANGEL, SAMI, JUDY, SPROUT, AMANDA, anyone I forgot SORRY! Hope all is well with you all today!

Well Ron and I have some burritos to ATTACK before Angie comes home...

IN HIS CARE- GARY

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-14-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:44 PM   #37  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I think those clowns are kind of creepy....
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #38  

Angry Thursday Morning...

Good Morning!
Boy-O-Boy, did we ever get snow last night!!! We woke up to 7 inches! And right now it is only 18* --- Buuuuurrrrrrrr.

I didn't like those little guys either, and it looks as if they removed them. I glad for that. I posted and saw they were what came up and thought yuk!

GARY, I went to the site and checked out the player's and couldn't find your model They are really cool items though... nice gift! Maybe you could direct me to yours when you get a moment or have Angie get a digital picture of it in your home. Mine is a TEAC SL-D90 AM/FM STERIO RADIO CD-PLAYER W/ DIGITAL CLOCK.

Hi MICHELE, I have an OLYMPUS D-520 (only a 2.0 Megapixel) paid $210.00 w/ tax at the Costco wholesale club, but am looking to get the new OLYMPUS - here's the link to the New camera I want so you can see it. Joe said he may get it for me on my birthday! http://hardwarecentral.dealtime.com/...pus_Stylus_400 I just love this camera. Two family members got it for Christmas and I had a chance to play with it - it's wonderful. The best part is that you can load the pictures onto your pc so quickly with the USB plug they give you with the camera. The one I have now is the same way, but takes two AA bateries and it eats them up... this New one has a rechargeable that seems to last forever! And it is a higher Megapixel. If you want something basic - have you looked into the HP's? There so many nice ones that come with a dock and they are very reasonable in prices. The best thing I could tell you is to go play with them at Office Max or Wal-Mart and ask allot of questions. What frustrates me with the camera I have now is the fact that I have to wait for the darn flash! It seems to take forever sometimes... but not with the NEW OLYMPUS I want to get. Just take a look see at the link I sent... "LUCK!"

THANKS SUE!! You are such a sweet person!
Have a great day - and may it be a very HAPPY one for you all!

Well, it's Thursday - pay day and pay bill's day
Catch you all later.
SunnyD
Old 01-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #39  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thanks for the advice, but i also need to find something within my budget at Target cuz that's where my gift certificate is from... It's the ports and dock things that confuse me. I don't understand it all so i'm not sure what to look for.

Wow Sunny!~that's a lot of snow! You can go out and make snow angels! Enjoy it!

Today is my last day at this job...feel pretty good about it still but i'll miss all the girls, except one maybe . They are taking me to lunch today, isn't that nice!

Been feeling really tired....but again i couldn't get to bed early last night. Still taking supplements and hoping they'll start making me feel better.

Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Sunny-- To see my new toy-- try again at the crosley site- then click on products- click on entertainment centers then click on the bottom right one that says 4 in 1 entertainment center- should show 3 at the top click on the middle one- should enlarge and be it-- if not I will have to wait for our camera to get back (fixed)-- off to work-- BYE.................have a great day all of you!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #41  

Talking Hi

Is this it GARY??? This is so Beautiful!!!
Bet it sounds great too! Angie did good!!!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

[B]Sunny you are awesome with the computer! That is exactly it. Notice the top for my "OLD" records, the side for my "OLD" cassettes and the front for my "NEW" CD's and radio-- quite a cute little system--- Angie did do good-- but then she always does! She knows just what to get me for my birthday, etc-- even if she can't think of a "purchased" gift!!! Am I giving too much information? TOUGH!!!! lol
Old 01-15-2004, 11:47 PM   #43  

Hello I am sorry to to be AOL but I am really down in the dumps. All day my head has been spinning and my Kidneys are killing me. I just keep thinking this will pass. We did get a new Gateway we were going to buy for dell but I got a bad salesman and just said forget it. I am stilling cating up on all the posts sunny D I think your right about giving out emails I am willing to give any of you my e-mail. I really miss all of you when I haven't heard from you. I still miss some of our old ones who helped start this email like Zoe,Sherry,Debbie,Jill and Amanda and Many more. I think about them often and wonder if they are OK. Michele I bought my camera at Target and they run good deals on them all the time. Most now don't need the docks they load right in your printer or computer. Mine is 2.2mp and make sure you get an opital zoom also. I have had a lot of fun with mine just taking pictures and showing them then deleting them. I will figure out how to send it online (I am hoping by the end of the weekend)

I sorry my back is killing me sitting here I will post more friday.
Missed you all,
Old 01-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #44  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.I'm praying for you. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:51 PM   #45  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Thank goodness those creepy smilies are gone....

My last day was really nice, they gave me a really nice indoor plant, unusual, it's called a Bird's Nest and a very nice card, very touching. And the most surprising part is the snot girl who's been so mean to me, well she was really sweet, and said something sincere and nice in the card and closed with...God Bless, Stephanie. We all went to lunch and had a nice time, i ate on program, had a tilapia filet and grilled vegetables, it was really good. I was a little sad to leave, they are nice ladies and fun, but i also think i made the right decision. And i don't know if i told you but they are going to help me to get my insurance agent license! I'm so excited about that. Maybe my securities license also! Then I could handle the money and my boss wouldn't have to be in the office all the time.

I've got 2 weeks of Atkins induction under my belt and I've lost 11 lbs. I haven't been losing this week, so i was a tad disappointed, but i'm also happy with 11 lbs. overall. I'm staying on program still and feeling good about it. Just need to exercise.

Gary~That's a cool stereo thing. Very nice. That Angie, she does have good taste.

Sami~sorry your back is hurting. Doesn't sound good if you think it's your kidneys. Do take care, have you been to the dr? Don't let something like that go, could be dangerous.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread