Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #166  
Your Cruise Director

Ok! I swear I am still here. Lunch with Cerise on Friday was wonderful! Cant wait to do that again darling! I've been busy all weekend with assorted things but did manage to get in 2 gym workouts, and an extra 30 minute walk so I'm doing a-ok.

Wishing you all well, I promise to catch up tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #167  

Default Tempting Tuesday!

Hello all!!

Appetite roaring last night-- finally ran to bed w/ rosehip tea just to put a stop to it... extra grapes, apples, yogurt, lt ww toast.... hmmm... do you think maybe my lunch was too skimpy ???

Live and learn.

Today's thought of the day:

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside awakens."
--Carl Jung

Today's question of the day:

"Do think Pro Games ( football, baseball, etc) are sometimes fixed?"

Time is out... take care all!
KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:51 AM   #168  

Default Tuesday Grin

Brother John

Brother John entered the 'Monastery of Silence' and the chief monk said, "Brother, this is a silent monastery, you are welcome here as long as you like, but you may not speak until I direct you to do so."

Brother John lived in the monastery for 5 years before the chief monk said to him: "Brother John, you have been here 5 years now, you may speak two words."

Brother John said, "Hard Bed."

"I'm sorry to hear that" the chief monk said. "We will get you a better bed."

After another 5 years, Brother John was called by the chief monk.

"You may say another two words Brother John."

"Cold Food," said Brother John, and the chief monk assured him that the food would be better in the future.

On his 15th anniversary at the monastery, the chief monk again called Brother John into his office.

"What are your two words you want to say today."

"I Quit." said Brother John.

"I'm not surprised," said the chief monk. "You've done nothing but whine and complain since you got here."

Old 01-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #169  
Momma Frog

Hi all!!

Well, the mommy to be is sick as a dog. I can't figure out if it's the baby or if I'm finally catching the super flu that's going around. I'm just SO TIRED and very cold. All I did yesterday was sleep. Not stomach sick though. And I'm eating like a
I'm up a pound. I miss my loss reports

Still undecided about what to do with this job. DH was wondering if maybe we should switch rolls for a while. I've been working the fulltime job (plus this new part time) and he's been only working a partime job. He's wondering maybe if he went back to electrical work full time, and I could just work my partime job (thus getting rid of the stress from the one I LOATH). Just wondering if that would work and if I would be covered medically and all. That's a big concern for me at this point. I really want to get rid of this job, but now I'm afraid that I won't be covered anywhere else.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #170  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Well, I'm a posting fool this a.m. ... now I'm running outta time ... traveling today and hope to get my workout in later because am determined to get caught up with work tasks. Just wanted to touch base here ...

Frogger: Maybe thou couldst cut hours to just enough to get insurance ... if thou leaveth the present employer, it might be hard to get thy pregnancy covered in another place ... but mayhap current laws would prevent them from denying thee ... dunno ... been awhile since I worked in insurance ... happily, I never intend to do it again. Also, wondering if thy physical symptoms are related to thyroid ... just came into my head when I read the description. Just take care o' thyself, pls!!!

Wsw: Picturing thee cozy and wrapped in a quilt but sorry it's cold where thou beith ... it's chilly right now here but when the Arizona sun peeketh over the horizon, we'll be comfortable again ... unless it's another cloudy day ... I dinna move to this oven they call a state to see clouds, guys! Glad to hear thou be doing well and OP!!!! Stay safe!

Punkin: Thanks for the input on a massage career ... I've not had time to do much research this week but am really considering finding a program ... I was thinking that I'd like to work with older people ... dunno, though! Precontemplation stage, I guess. Dinna know thou be from the Napa Valley ... I have strong ties there ... funny how small a world it beith ...

NOW WHY DIDST THOU WANNA GO AND KILL MY CLOWNS!!!? WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO THEE?! Am I going to have to petition the sisters to restore life to the nice clowns! ? Nice clownies, never hurt nobody, nice clownies, nice clownies, nice, nice, nice ...

Wildfire: The crunchy snack thingie soundeth good ... didst thou make it or is it sold in packages? A one-point package would be great to carry in the car!!! Thanks for the idea!!!

Kaylets: I loved the Brother John story!!!! Funny!!!! Thanks for the ideas about whole wheat flour in baking ... I think I'm going to start using maybe a half and half mixture for awhile ... I need to do it!!! QOD: I'd doubt if the big games are fixed exactly but wouldn't be surprised if there is hanky panky with the betting process in some way! :0

SJ: Wanted to thank thee again for the NOLA challenge ... envy thy lunch with Cerise as she always seemeth such an interesting person to talk to ... echoing thy wish she wouldeth post!!!

Om shanti, Cerise!!

Wood Nymph: Report in when thou canst, please ...

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, avanti!!!! Yowza!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #171  
Is it Friday yet?

Quicky postie, must away to the pile o' billing to be done!

I've been TOLD to start taking some Fridays off, to use up my 2003 vacation time I still have left (over a week). So, I shall occasionally be Friday, in absentia, Dutchess of Vacation.

SeattleJo, I'm so jealous you got to lunch with our Cerise! Next year when I'm up your way we'll all 3 have to get together! Cerise and I killed a couple hours on the phone, we're definately birds of a feather!

Frogger, wow... it could be either hun. I used to have a 2 hour commute to work in a vanpool and I sat next to a woman who became pregnant - she did nothing but sleep the entire trip in to work during her 1st and 3rd trimester (the 2nd she was buzzing all over the place, completely hyper and chatty). I think DH's idea is a good one too as long as you're covered insurance-wise.

Kaylets, I'm convinced that the colder it is, the more your body says "feed me!!!!". Hey, we feed our outside animals more when it's cold to help keep them warm - it's probably some instinct from the caveman days that when it gets cold some obscure gene kicks in and says "eat or we'll die!". Evolution, it's a crazy thing!

Amarantha, yuppers, Napa Valley girl here. Even used to have hot air balloons land in my high school's football field in the morning. Totally didn't appreciate the beauty of the place until I was much, much older though. Still kinda miss it, but not the crowds, or expense of living there.
I'm sorry, I killed your clowns for 3 reasons - Poltergeist, It & John Wayne Gaisey (sp?). Clowns are CREEPY!

Aaack, gotta run, may be back later!

Terri
Old 01-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #172  
Your Cruise Director

Where are you at Punkin? You all are welome to join us anytime. I promise I am not trying to monopolize the Cerise. (That said, she is as awesome as she appears to be.)

Frogger, I think working part time might be a good idea. At least hubby is working part time When I first got married Rob lost his job and I had to cover for us for a good year or so. But really with a tadpole coming, you'll have other things to do with your time other then working two jobs and stressing yourself out.

WSW, I'm sending warmth your way! Good for you to remain OP! It's really hard when its freezy outside and you start thinking of comfort foods.

Wildfire, Love the new Icon! The honey nut crunch stuff sounds good too. I made the mistake of getting trail mix. 4 pts per 1/4 c. And i have it at my desk at work, so it makes it hard not to munch on. Is the crunch stuff cereal? or?

Kaylets i love the story, thanks for sharing! What is WW toast?

Ok ladies, I really must do some work today huh? Cerise darling, please come post, i dont want people to think I'm a Pervy Axe Murdered. A Pervy Elf Fancier is quite enough.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #173  
Is it Friday yet?

Yo SeattleJo,

I'm in central Oregon, between Madras and Redmond. Portland is over them thar mountains and about a 3 hour drive northwest, just to give you an idea of my distance from you guys.
One of my best friends is moving to White Salmon later this year, so I figure eventually I'll be able to take a bit of a vacation (dare I say that word??) and head over to Seattle. I haven't been there since I was 13 (uh gee, uh um, like 10 years ago??? ok, fine, more like 20 years ago... ) I'm long past due fer some fish tossin'.

Terri
Old 01-20-2004, 03:25 PM   #174  

Sorry, didn't even finish the scanning and my time is up. So I must be off with just a "Hi, all" and spec. thoughts to Wood nymph. (Couldn't find the pm either - me?, library computer? who knows).
Old 01-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #175  
Your Cruise Director

Yay Anagram its great to see you pop in!

Punkin, I didnt realize you were so close, I'm sure at some point I'll finally make my way down south. We've not been South of the Washington Border since our move from Arizona.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #176  
deleted2

Hi Ceara! So sorry to hear the news about your friend's husband. That's so hard, so I hope you had some joy at your pup's winning. Pictures?

Hi Anagram--I'm so flattered that you drop in to say hi!

Seattlejo-- cool that you and Cerise had lunch together. Details!!! Was it your first meeting?

Frogger, take care of yourself, girlie!

Kaylets, loved the bro. John story--a classic! And I adored 'the awakening'---wish I'd written it. It was perfect and just what I needed to hear at the time.

wsw, hope you're staying cozy. It's mighty cold here too!

Amarantha, I'm enjoying the no-candy challenge. Do chocolate-covered strawberries count as candy. I'm going to make an executive decision and say no they do not!

Wildfire, I heartily approve of the new avatar too!

Yikes! I pulled something in my back today while doing yoga. I think I bent just a bit too far back! Nothing that a soak in a hot tub won't cure, I hope!

Old 01-20-2004, 05:51 PM   #177  
wsw

hi anagram! good to hear from you.

frogger-sorry you are feeling crummy! hope you're feeling better a.s.a.p. it would be great if your dh's insurance would cover you so you could go to part-time. in any case, take good care of yourself.

hello eydie. hope a soak in the tub did the trick for your back. ouch! take it easy.

hi seattlejo-would love some of that warmth from your neck of the woods. it must have been nice to get together with cerise. i like seattle. haven't been there in years (since i moved away from ca ong ago), but used to enjoy getting up there.

amarantha-actually, i am sitting here with a throw around me as i write. i kind of look like whistler's mother right now, but whatever works!

hi to everyone in the royal court! i still haven't lost any weight in this past week. i can revert to that magical thinking that because i am doing the right things, the scale should reflect it. back to reality--. i am continuing to hang in there and will not use an uncooperative scale as an excuse to eat more. i ate dinner, stayed op and exercised today, and that's how it's going to stay for the rest of the evening! i am closing on the condo. on mon.-less than one week now! i think i'm finally more excited about all this than nervous---well, at least right at this moment, anyhow. tomorrow, a friend is taking me to home depot to start looking at some paint colors, which sounds kind of fun. i am really doing this! i am glad i will be able to take my time to get it fixed up before i move in or i would be even more nervous about everything (if that were possible!) well, i am going to make some hot tea and snuggle in for the evening. hope your evenings are pleasant. take care, all.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #178  
Spreadin' the luv.

Wink

Darlings, I'm sorry I haven't checked in sooner, but I had a 3-day weekend with houseguests, so I didn't check the computer once. I also went straight off program for Friday - Monday. Wish I'd warned you that I'd be AWOL. Wish I'd also declared that I'd go off prog. for the long weekend. Lo siento, senoras.

I had a l-o-o-o-vely time lunching with Seattlejo, though our time was too short. She is as engaging and witty as she sounds, ladies. And cool.

I'm up 1.5 pounds at my second WW weigh-in, not a surprise when you consider that the weekend visit of our friends turned into a delightful food tour of Seattle. No regrets.

I'm sorry not to respond with one of my accustomed novels, but I have a tremenjous amount of work on my plate right now and have to actually do it, but I read and adored you through all of the posts, and will talk more tonight.

Arabella, thinking of you especially today. And you, Ceara.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #179  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just a quick update: I had a talk with the psychiatrist today, who says that there's no need to stick a label on Matthew at this point, maybe if he had several episodes, but since this was the first and possibly only one, that's how we'll look at it. He's on an anti-psychotic for a bit. He was allowed out on a pass this afternoon, and will be again tomorrow and will likely be released on Thursday.

My husband says he's quite willing to spend a male-bonding (at last!) time with Matt while I'm away (I'm off to Boston again on Sat, returning Weds.). I feel excited to leave now, happy and confident that everything will be okay while I'm gone. Meanwhile I will get a break from the whole thing, plus a break from housework, cooking, laundry, etc. Things are definitely looking up!

Love to all!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #180  
Hot Stuff

Arabella, glad to hear the outlook is improving with DS. You must be very relieved, and I'm sure the guys' weekend will be a good thing for both of them.

Cerise, no apology needed! I was afraid you were having trouble with the WW program and didn't want to post about it. Glad that isn't the case, and I bet you'll see a loss this week as all that restaurant food is usually high in sodium, making you retain water. At least it sounds good, right? Drink LOTS of water to counteract it.

I'm SO jealous that Cerise and Seattlejo had lunch together! I would so like to meet all of you, and I still think we should plan a get-together somewhere central. Just think of the fun we could all have together!

Seattlejo, oooh...trail mix... LOVE the stuff, unfortunately (as you discovered) it's high in points. Details on the crunch mix for you and Amarantha:

It's Cheerios brand, sold in a resealable 200g foil bag, and contains honey nut cheerios, corn chex, wheat chex, honey nut clusters, round pretzels, and square pretzels. 57 calories in 1/3 cup, 1g protein, 1.6g fat, 10g carbs, 125mg sodium, 25mg potassium. I bagged it in 2/3 cup portions for easy snacking. DH brought it home for me, isn't he a doll?

Eydie, chocolate-covered strawberries do not count as candy! The fruit cancels out the chocolate! Take care of that back! Into a hot tub with epsom salts!

Punkin, how's the arm?

wsw, wow, you close on Monday? I'd be absolutely LEAPING about with joy! I'm so happy for you!

Frogger, I hope if it's some bug you caught that you'll be over soon. No fun! Time to make some calls and find out the ins and outs of your insurance coverage. It would be best if you could work part-time during your pregnancy, of course.

Kaylets, great joke! How about some tea?

Hi anagram!
Closed Thread