Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 05:55 AM   #31  

Default Targetting Tuesday!!

Hello all!

Almost caught myself thinking it was Wednesday! A Freudian slip I guess, down for the count on the last few day till I transfer to the other unit.... Am sorting and cleaning.. officially out of the work flow but on the alert if needed...

Empress-- the donut recipe sounds interesting but... 2 lbs?? another Freudian?? just kidding.... but I know my brain imeadiately sends up flares....... isnt it true... at least for me, certain foods scream red flashing lights -- yet-- is it the food or is it us??

OK all, this hour went by fast... I was reading other posts because for awhile it seemed like I had all the time in the world--
Well, need to get the lunches made!
Thought of the day :

"Opportunity dances with those on the dance floor."

Question of the day :

"Whatever it is, like it or not, what is the very first tune that comes to mind when you read this question?"

Take care all!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:47 AM   #32  
deleted2

I rose from my crypt this morning and did a 1/2 hour step video at 5:00. Strange to work up a sweat so early!

I've noticed a little sabotage lately----eating too much and not counting calories. I knew it would happen when I was this close to goal. Gotta nip it before it takes over. Dangerous week for me; I have 4 events to cook for.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:03 AM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Er, I meant 2 points, Kaylets!!!! Yep, that must have been a Freudian attributable to a deepseated fear of Krispy Kreme!

I'm up early to exercise and think thou inspired me to make some of the donuts to take with me in car today ... have a lot of traveling to do.

It'd be nice for me if this were Wednesday.

Congrats to and 5 O'Clock Jock Eydie for sweating at 5 a.m. !!!! Yowza!!! Good for you for the recognition of the Self-Sabotage Demon and the vow to send him packing!

I think it'd be easier to do the 5 a.m. thing if it weren't so dark out!!!!

QOD: Yellow Submarine

My Challenges: 21-Day OP Challenge, current day 3; Lose-A-Pound-This-Week Challenge, working on it!!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #34  
caffeine free!

Wow, it would be great if it wass wednesday.

QOD: Ring of Fire. I went to a Greg Brown concert this weekend and they played Ring of Fire as a tribute and it has been in my head ever since.

Wildfore - I must have posted at the same time as you yesterday. Howdy. I have three cats a swell. Two I got at the same time and the other about a year and a half later. One of my older cats still acts as if I have put some strange extra terrestial in her midst just to mess with her. But generally they get along.

Punkinseed - two pounds is excellent. so is getting up a the crack of dawn (or actually before the sun rises) to exercise.

Amarantha - the doughnuts sound very good. I think maybe I will try something like that.

We DBF ad I have been eating like champs. Dong well with making food and not eating out. Yesterday is was broccoli and rice for supper. I also made these raison peanutbutter oat bars for a healthy snack. He has class till 9:00 tonight, so we had to make two meals for him to bring to school. At least he is renting a locker so there is some place to put stuff. He says that it is kinda freakish to carry all of that stuff arround, but he is 34 so all the 18 year old kids think he is a freak anyway. Age takes away that selfconsciousness.

At any rate, I am at work and that means I need to do some working.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:03 AM   #35  
Is it Friday yet?

Checkin' in early this morning so I can get to work... (nasty ol' 'billing Tuesday').

As you may have noticed also, I'm not on vacation this week. I won that arguement (the "you're not punishing me with vacation" arguement). It sounds stupid - most people would LOVE to be sent home for a week, but it was the way it was done that irked me. I don't appreciate being TOLD to stay home for no apparent reason other than someone's perception that a few days off with "fix" all the stresses in my life - when in reality, having to learn how to COPE with them, instead of running away, is what I need.
*I'll* decide how, and when, to spend my vacation, thankyouverymuch. I am attempting to take this Friday off again - more pre-winter house stuff I'd *love* to get done, although they're talking about SNOW on Thursday!!!

No 5 o'clock Jock-ing this morning. Far too sore. Worse than yesterday actually, so I thought I'd get my exercise this afternoon raking out the last of my 'Widder infested red rock and maybe moving another boulder or 2 (or 10).

Amarantha, if your kin is anything like you, I'm sure they're fine, but I'd be worried about them too... fire is a scary thing. Let us know when you hear from them ok?

Anagram, I hope the scale's new battery worked in your favor!

Kaylets, funny, I thought it was Wednesday too! Gee, we're not anxious for this week to be over are we????

Eydie, 4 events to cook for??? Ick, I don't envy you... that makes the temptation to sample FAR too great! Other than a little Samhain celebration (which may be done solo this year) I thankfully don't have a thing goin' this week!

Zadie, ooooh, the raisin peanut butter oat bars sound delish! Recipe?????

Q o' the day - Maroon 5 "Harder to Breathe" Don't know why, probably because I've heard it a LOT lately. Before that - the entire soundtrack of Chicago has been running through my head!
What a great movie!!!!!

Toodles, time to get to billing!

Terri
Old 10-28-2003, 11:43 AM   #36  

Smile midday

I 'd love to see the peanut butter recipe too.....

Punkin....was wondering how you were doing.... did y ou really say snow?

Gotta go!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:43 PM   #37  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Funny, funny day.

Good morning, ladies.

Ugh. Sleepwalked to work today. Woke up when I ran into the Ferry Sheep and was awash in the smell of wet wool and sheep breath. Not to mention trying to dodge scowling men in suits. Sometimes I hate the working world. Am now consuming coffee (for caffeine), water ('cause I have to) and orange juice (need a good sugar jolt) to be functional for the rest of the day.

Punkin, I have had that bloody "Cellblock Tango" from Chicago in my head forEVER. Weeks and weeks. It's my favorite number on the DVD. I just like the animal aggression (anyone spotting a pattern here) in the women and the raw, angry dancing. "You POP that gum one more time..." Wish I knew Hungarian.

Oooh, I would've been MAD if people tried to put me on mandatory vacation! Good for you for dictating your own destiny.

Zadie, good for you and your BF for eating so well. It's nice when your live-in gets on board, isn't it? Ramon's been so wonderful about not eating meat in the house - his idea, not mine. He still eats meat at restaurants, but except for the odd bacon craving he eats what I eat. Except he won't touch soy milk. Brave boy.

Amarantha, your donut recipe sounds good. I haven't gotten brave and tried Splenda yet, but should, since diabetes runs in my family and I should get rid of refined sugar in my diet NOW. Does it taste like artificial sweetener?

Eydie, GOOD FOR YOU, getting up so early!! Your week sounds a bit hectic. Whatcha' makin'?

Anagram, .5 pound per week loss is great! It's a good, sober rate of loss - what I'm shooting for, incidentally, to get to my 135-by-my-31st-birthday goal. Well, .6 pounds per week. Are you doing OK this week? Are you taking care of your little self? Here's some lovin'...

Hiya, Wildfire! Your cat story made me laugh. I can just imagine Peppy delighted with all the neato toys, Salem hyperventilating with outrage at the intrusion, and Old Cat rolling her eyes at the whole proceedings. Simone's still in a mild state of shock since we brought B'Elanna home 4 years ago, but they co-habitate OK. B'Elanna's still a bit boisterous for Simone's taste, and Simone still takes a little nip at B'Elanna's flank if she bounces too close, but they get along OK mostly, and I'm convinced that they'd miss each other. I hope you and your DD are able to enjoy each other's company now that she's home.

Poor Kaylets, thinking it was Wednesday. The worst for me is waking up Monday morning and I still have that weekend-I-can-sleep-in feeling and then realizing that it's just not so. Ouch.

Punkin, what're you doing for Samhain?

Ceara, many congratulations on the 10-lb. loss. You're my hero! How're the heathens? How's your fall weather doing?

OK, I'm off. Love to you all...
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #38  
Hot Stuff

Just lurking while waiting for DD...I came home to take her to the school to get registered, then have to go back to the office.

QOD: Do It Again, by Steely Dan. It was on the radio before I came in.

Have to say, there is nothing like a sleeping kitten curled into your neck to make the rest of the world go away. Poor Salem still has his whiskers in a twitch, but was his loveable self when the kitten was put in DD's room for the night. Much to his dismay, the furball reappeared this morning! I think in time young Pepper will be accepted.

Better scoot....dread the thought of going back to the office, but "it pays the rent, it pays the rent, it pays the rent...."
Old 10-28-2003, 03:11 PM   #39  
Is it Friday yet?

Two posts in one day!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, I should be doing something else... WHATeverrrrr....

Kaylets, yes, SNOW!!!! It's 75 today and by Thursday they're saying it's going to be a toasty, overcast 36 during the day and the high teens at night. Talk about a temperature change! I'm kinda' looking forward to it though.

Wildfire, I've always thought that a warm kitten curled up with (or on) you is pretty much a cure for all the ills in the world. Imagine, how evil could even Osama be if he had to pet a kitty all day.... (problem is, what kitty would be stupid enough to go near 'em??)

Ok, the term "Kitty Commando" just entered my mind and I'll be regretting the above Osama referrence for the rest of the day!

Cerise, no solid plans for Samhain yet. I'm sure a friend is going to want to get together for a big ol' feast, but I'm feeling a little "movie and popcorn" myself...
Cellblock Tango was my favorite too! He DID have it coming, (he something else I can't remember....), he DID only have himself to blame and I'm sure if we'd seen it, if we'd been there, that we *would* have felt the same! (note to self: get a LIFE and quit quoting musicals!). Yes, I'd love to know what Katerina (wasn't that her name?) was saying too - she sounded so heartbroken. Personally, my favorite was the woman whose husband fell into her knife 12 times. Yea, oops, oops, oops, oops....

Apparently now I need to go buy the movie AND the soundtrack... and here I thought my obsessions were pretty much kept to only all things Alan Rickman. Guess not.

Toodles, again.

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 10-28-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #40  
Spreadin' the luv.

Ooooh. Alan Rickman. I think my favorite movie with him in it is "Sense and Sensibility". The patient, good-hearted lover who finally gets good and loved.

I liked the knife lady, too. She was my favorite dancer, too. Read: most animal rage discernible in her movements.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #41  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Hello all s and Five O'Clock Jocks, etc. I actually ran/walked an hour this a.m., not at five, though!

Brevity mode as I am brain-dead from driving all over the county! Not intending to do much work tomorrow.

Punkin, hmmm, glad you stand up for your the right to choose your own vacation ... I had a job once where I had to punch a time clock and the company got mad because I refused to stand in front of it until it was exactly five minutes before the time to punch and consequently I ended up with a bunch of extra time on the clock, which I was not concerned with getting paid for or anything ... the supervisor told me one Friday I'd just have to go home three hours early (with pay). I guess she thought that'd upset me ... very strange.

Wildfire: Yes, a sleeping kitty around the neck is as good as a tranquilizer ... except when one is waking up and a small feline is growling in one's ear, for all the world as if she thinks she's a giant lioness!

Cerise: Splenda is very good. In most things, I can't tell the difference between it and sugar. When I first started using it, I did taste a little difference, but now it's interchangable in most things, especially baked goods.

Tried a new thing with the donut pans! Baked a low fat lemon muffin mix (it did contain sugar) in them ... instant cake donuts and only 4 points! Very good. Old Dog stole one off the counter, though. The woman is a menace!

Very tired, gotta go!!! To all, mentioned and unmentioned, avanti!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #42  

Hello all!

Been up very early but there was a family crisis -- seems as though DS is again not working....DH suspected and there was a confrontation .....

And the scale is showing an increase again... although I wasnt completely naked but am afraid to go back and see an increase naked....

I think bubble gum must be the downfall-- I will be away from the dish by Monday and hopefully.... right now its only 3 ft away from me and really does talk to me.... maybe I need to borrow your "bugs" Punkin.....

Thought of the day :

The Chinese word for crisis is made up of two words:
Danger and Opportunity
--Page Morahan

Question of the day :

Do you have a favorite number?

Late!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #43  
deleted2

Good morning!

Another 5 AM workout. This morning I did 30 min. of belly dance drills!

I'll come back later when I can visit longer. Have a great day, everybody!

Old 10-29-2003, 07:30 AM   #44  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Angry Wednesday! Half-way!

Geez Eydie! You are amazing...I've been waking up at 4:30, turning the radio on low and falling back to sleep. Does it count if I think of you?

Still mucking around in the same 2 lbs...gotta be the non-exercising...Just not getting my head into that one yet...Made lentil pasta sauce yesterday : and so have a couple on non-meat meals coming up! Also have a show this week-end in the states...I seem to be too busy to eat at those...However, the inches are going slowly....clothes are fitting better. I take the NSV's too!

to all! Good to see you Zadie K! Have you got snow over there yet? It is getting cooler each day here...pulled my tuberous flowers the other day...am going to preserve the tubers I hope and a little $ in the spring by wintering them over in the barn! And I still have a few yardening things to do....Glad you are having fun with those donut pans...E.A. I still don't like KK's. Or Tim Horton's anymore either...

QOD...5

Am being "trained" today for 2 hours on the Internet....Geez!!! It's like being trained to read...

TTLY

Ceara
Old 10-29-2003, 08:16 AM   #45  
Momma Frog

Well Goodmorning all!

I'll have to say that I'll pass on the 5am workouts. I'm in the car by then off to work. I refuse to get up any earlier than I have to now!

DH first night of work was last night. Just talked to him on the phone and he's going straight to bed. Works 10pm-6am. In honor of the first night I made spagetti and meatballs to fill up his tummy. (I had spagetti sauce, meatballs and spinach). The money isn't any good. But it's one or 2 less bills I have to worry about. My brother just called DH with a number for someone looking for an electrician. Maybe he can do that during the day. Don't know.

Scale's a little up this morning. And my stomach is killing me. Don't don't what the deal is. I have an idea it may be all the salad and spinach I've been eating lately. Must cut back and try new veggies.

to all.
Closed Thread