Old 12-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ugh, 24C - 76F with humidity at 77% Roll on February - asap please.
Annie, sorry to see you had a bum test. My last one was uncomfortable but okay. I'm glad to hear C is up and about. That's good news but he needs to take it easy. Hope the rest of the family are doing okay with all this turmoil.

Just returned from taking the dog for a walk. Feed him and then 1st shower coming up. It's hot and sticky over here. Who the **** wants to come to Queensland in the summer. Wish I had enough cash for two houses, one in a much more temperate climate.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #122  

Hello all.

My weekend was alright. I took Friday off and did some indoor Christmas decorating. On Saturday I spent a few hours making four different cookie doughs. I didn't shape or bake any except to bake a few chocolate chip cookies in the toaster oven in the evening for bf and me. Otherwise it was laundry, shopping, errands...

I had an email from HR waiting for me this morning that a fraudulent filing for unemployment benefits was made in my name. My credit files have had security freezes in place with all three of the major credit reporting agencies since 2017, so it's not too horrible, but it's still scary, and it made for an unproductive morning. I'm not the only person at my company who's experienced this. I don't know if I mentioned in a previous post, but my employer has just added a benefit of identity protection for its employees that's similar to Lifelock - monitoring, etc. I just sat through an introductory session about the benefits last week, however, the benefit doesn't kick in until January 1st. It will be nice to have. But right now I had to report it to the state's unemployment office and to the federal government. I've also seen advice that the fraud should also be reported to the local police, and another source said to report it to the FBI... Hard to know what's useful/necessary.

===
Shad - Your summer is sounding like ours in Chicago. This past summer - without the usual summertime festivals and concerts - definitely made me wonder why I still live here if it just means staying inside with the AC. Speaking of AC - hope your other unit is operational soon! Our days on this side of the equator will get longer now! Something to look forward to. As for the home improvements...both my sister and SIL have had kitchen renos, and one also had a bath reno, so I'll seek their advice.

Happy - Sorry to hear your knee and ankle are not feeling good. I hope you can get some good exercises from the 2nd session at the gym. Move it or lose it!!

Susie - How nice you're totally on vacation until after the new year. == I'm glad your hubby's surgeries cleared up his leg problems. Now he can really enjoy his retirement!

Ceejay - I hope you're enjoying living back in town again.

Annie - Hope everyone's holding up in your quarantined household and that the symptoms you and C have remain minor. Hang in there.

==
Not much else to report so I'll get this posted. TTFN.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Evening
Not much going on.
I really like living here, always have, Moved to give nephew a place to live, but he didn't stay here very long.

Laura
That must be an ordeal to go through. Glad your HR told you.

Shad
Right now I would enjoy some warm air when I go outside.

Hello's to the rest.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:28 AM   #124  

Hope you are all waking up to a great Christmas Day. Best wishes for a safe and fun day. Ours is almost over and there are some tired, excited children around. We had our family breakfast this morning. and it was very pleasant. Kids seemed pleased with their presents and so they should considering the amount they got.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

Just trying to keep this thread from dying. I will make a new one on the weekend as the New Year rolls in. Christmas was quiet as it usually is here. We had several nice dinners. DH bought me 2 presents - one was a decorative sign that says "I Choose You". I'm thinking I want to gather some pictures and make a wall grouping with it. Have to find some frames that will work well with that. The other thing he bought me was an easel and light for drawing and painting. 2 things I want to do this weekend is get upstairs set up for my art studio area and I also want to take a look at the new Weight Watchers program. I have been paying monthly for a subscription I am not using but keep intending to so it's do or die time. I did spend quite a bit shopping this past month and think I have bought myself all the presents I need to buy so my third goal for January is to not spend anything more than I absolutely have to.

I'm glad to hear that things are on the mend at your home Annie.

Will check in tomorrow on New Year's Eve and set things up. We were supposed to go to friends for just the 4 of us on New Year's Day but they had a family situation and have been around too many people recently for me to be comfortable with so it will just be me, DH and the kitties.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:26 PM   #126  

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it is a good one for all of us.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:11 AM   #127  
Choose your hard

Happy New Year - wishing us all health, happiness and lessons learned from the most unusual year of our lives. We made it ladies - still kicking it. Takes more than a few bumps to take any of us down.

I hope 2021 is looking better already Shad - what do you think?
Old 01-01-2021, 03:44 AM   #128  

So far so good, but it is early days yet.
Hate to say this Happy, but I don't think the human being has learned anything from this pandemic. I doubt very much that things will change much at least in the first half of this year. I can see outbreaks of the virus coming again because no one will take responsibility for shutting down the world for a period of time. We will not be able to travel much this year, maybe a bit in the last quarter. The emphasis seems to be on the money side of things and not the people. Get the people right and then you will get the money right. Get the attitudes right and we may save some of our beloved wildlife from extinction. Get the politicians to govern fairly and we will see life improve.

Sorry for the rant
Old 01-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

Time to roll over to a new year and a new thread.

Don't post here anymore.

Click here to go to the new thread - Worldly Chicks See Another Year - Happy 2021
Old 06-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #130  

have a half day off work this Friday afternoon – Summer Hours. I may or may not take a half vacation day in the morning to make it a full day. I’ll see. I’m going to try to get out for another bike ride this weekend.

Speed Test

Last edited by wilber.erickson; 06-24-2023 at 01:48 PM.
wilber.erickson is offline   Reply With Quote