Old 06-18-2020, 07:59 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I am still alive and kicking. We have one more week on our push for fiscal year end to get everything in. I have to push and pull on people and then deal with issue that have come up from people waiting until the last minute.

Good thing that my Manager understands that I cant work every miracle. She sent a note to our group stating that I would work what I could but there might not be time to work every complex issue.

She also did a call with me and told he her top priorities, which were 4 of the 20 I had and said to put my efforts there and copy her on all the emails for them, so she could chime in if needed.

That is it on the work front.

DH is at his new job doing what he always done. We feel very blessed that he is able to work for this guy that has his own shop and has only 3 employees, and we are friends with all of them.

He will work for them full time until the end of the year when we turns 65, he will then go to 3 days a week, (if that is what he wants) and then we will have his Social Security , plus the part-time income and wont have to touch his 401K until he doesnt wish to or cant work part time anymore.

Anne: I want to look like you do when I am 60......you are beautiful!
I am relieved to hear that C tested negative for Covid. What a blessing.

Happy: how did the appointment go for your permanent implant?

Laura, our weather has been beautiful as well. It is so nice to get outside and just be able to do a few things in the yard or just enjoy time outside.

Ceejay: I saw the bales of hay in the field across from your home. It sounded like you were surprised to see them there? What else have you been up too?

Shad: loved seeing your bounty of garden produce.
Hope all is well for you, I am sure you are busy painting something.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Went back to the gym yesterday and it felt good.
I've come down with a sinus infection but it seem to be getting better. I'm using otc products. Hope it's not COVID
Nephew called me this morning asking me to come take him to the grocery store this afternoon. Btw, he has a new gf. not sure how serious they are but she has been spending the night.
I'm not into the dieting game any more. I'm just trying to stay healthy

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-18-2020 at 09:45 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I went to the dentist yesterday. He kind of quietly admitted the oral surgeon could have done a better job with the surgery and the partial and all things in between. I told him I could not wear the partial to eat as it was too loose and floppy and often went at home without them. He was concerned my teeth would shift with the gap but thank goodness they didn't. They took impressions, will take about 3 weeks to make the permanent denture. He said to be patient, once they get it they might need to send it back and forth to tweak it a bit to get it fit perfectly. And he did try to refit the partial but the 2 front implant studs make the partial rock so not too much he can do. My leg is very very VERY slowly getting marginally better. But I went grocery shopping and to the Farmers Market on Monday - was on my feet about 4 hours and I suffered for it for 2 days. Yesterday I did bingo for the Humane Society. It was outdoors on a winery patio - a beautiful summer night so we had fun and made some money. I don't think we will be doing this regularly as they like to spread the charity money around to various places in town. I am ok with that. Don't want to commit my summer to running bingo a few nights a week. So far this is the only place doing bingo that I know of. All the closed in halls like the Senior Center are still closed to the public. DH ordered 2 chairs for our deck to go with the bistro table so we can sit outside and eat. He went to go pick them up so should be nice. I watched a video on You Tube on how to clean the griddle. Yuck yuck yuck. Got it all spanking nice and clean and DH was impressed and will keep it that way now that he knows how easy it is to clean and how to do it. We have bears roaming our yard during the day. We have a baby spotted fawn but have only seen it once, Momma keeps it kind of hidden when she comes to eat. Not much else going on.

Ceejay - good for you to get back to the gym. Ours is still only open by 2 hour appointment only. I hope your nephew's new GF can keep him on the straight and narrow. Sometimes a good influence helps. I know what you mean about Covid - get the regular sniffles and you're not sure what it is anymore. That picture of the hay bales was very nice.

Susie - glad DH found himself a new job and so quickly! Bear in mind there is a limit to how much you can earn before they start deducting SS dollars so perhaps he can keep the P/T job and still have some time to himself. Geez 20 priorities is a whole lot of stuff to be handling. Do you only have one manager now or are you still torn between a bunch of people vying for your efforts? Might be easier not to see them in person LOL

Laura - I got the biggest laugh out of your comment about BF and the ziploc bags. I have had my moments when he just randomly grabs the biggest bags for the dumbest things. There was a time when the leftover catfood was smelling up the garbage can so he was scraping the bowl into a baggie and tossing it. My ecological heart was breaking for all that plastic in a landfill . And it really didn't make that much of a difference. Perhaps we should have our commune and make one for the guys down the road We have a skunk we think taking up residence under our boat shed. Some critter moves in every summer. He tried moth balls - didn't seem to make a difference. Be careful - those things are really toxic. It's frightening.

Hellos to Shad and Annie I'm going to get me some lunch before it's too close to supper time.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #19  

I've seen one truck load of hay come to the pasture next door but not the second. I'd never seen those being unloaded before so that was interesting.
Sis is extremely exhausted and concerned about nephew/ She says he's sending out flags.
It's raining this afternoon so I don't have to water the plants. yipee

Happy
You mentioned the bears are roaming the yard again. That would make me uneasy.
Hello to the rest.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #20  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - you kind of get used to the bears and proceed with caution. Most important thing is to look for them. They really don't want to mix with humans so if you make a lot of noise, they generally run away. It's worse early in the season when they first wake up and are hungry and found something to eat - then they are more reluctant to leave. I will never go out in the yard when the big daddies are around. We had been hearing an awful noise in the house - a rattling and banging we could not place it's source. Heard it yesterday and it seemed like it was the outside wall. I peeked through the window and saw water squirting. So called DH to go outside and look. As we got to the end of the garage he said to be careful, was a bear looking at us in the woods. We hollered and he took off. Turns out the noise was coming from a bad timer that DH had on the water lines to automatically sprinkle the shrubs around the deck. I was hoping by now the bears would have headed into deeper woods but this is one of those years they want to hang around.

Not much going on. I'm going to the Farmers Market in the next town shortly. Looking for garlic scapes to make pesto. Then I have to head in the opposite direction to pick up a homemade coffee cake as a surprise for my friend who is returning home - or trying to - from their winter home in Arizona. So many complicated bits of life due to the virus.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #21  

Hellos to all.

I’m getting into my busy time at work right now, so I’m a combination of happy to be busy and a bit stressed with the work ahead of me. Had one of our performance management check-ins with the boss last week. It went fine. I could do without some of the dumb stuff that comes up, but it’s part of the job. Yesterday and again this morning I had too much of that stuff wasting my time. It was good to get out for a walk after work yesterday to put that behind me. This morning I vented to the admin, LOL.

Susie – Sounds like you and your boss are on the same page about priorities, good for you. == It’s so great that your dh got another job so quickly, especially doing the same type of work. Nice that there’s an option to work part time there after he turns 65. Agree with Happy – he’ll have to figure out how much he can work without losing some of his SS benefits.

Ceejay – I hope you just had a sinus infection and not COVID! Be careful at the gym – are they restricting the number of people inside at one time? I think gyms are reopening here this Friday, with restrictions, I’m sure. ==I hope your nephew is doing well. === Do you get to see cows in the pasture next door? My mom’s block of houses in MO backed up to a pasture and it was nice when they grazed cattle there. They stopped doing that a few years before she moved back here. I have a feeling the owners would ultimately sell the land and it would have houses built on it. I’ll have to check out google earth some time and see what that looks like now.

Happy – Glad your teeth didn’t shift from not wearing the partial. I hope the next part goes smoothly. == Sounds like you have to increase the time on your feet very gradually so the knee has time to heal. == Outdoor bingo sounds fun – weather permitting! == How do you like the new patio furniture? == Yikes, deer and turkeys are one thing, but the bears hanging around on your property are scary!! Be careful! == Yes, I’ve been paying attention to the waste lately. Now that our village’s waste contractor collects fruit/veggie scraps, I collect those in a plastic bag in the freeze all week and then empty it into the yard waste bin we bring to the curb on garbage day. I have to figure out how to get bf to get on board with being more responsible that way. == Thanks for mentioning your moth ball experience – I’m gonna pass on it. I’ve noticed the skunk smell has faded the past week or so…hoping they’ve moved elsewhere. == Wow, your AZ friends have been there for a long time. Did they fly back? I bet they’re glad to be back in the cooler temps now, and away from the recent increase in COVID cases out there.
~~~
Nothing much going on here. I want to get out more as I find I’m in a funk when I sit around the house too much. I didn’t get out for a bike ride over the weekend because it was hot and humid and I wasn’t up for riding in that. I really should get over it – I can take a shorter ride and/or pick a bike path that’s wooded so there’s shade. I was ready to finally paint the half bath ceiling, but the roller covers we had were used and though most of the roller was cleaned well, the edges weren’t nice. I had to go out and buy some new rollers. It’s a small room and the painting shouldn’t take long, but with painting it’s all the prep and cleanup that makes it take so long. Oh well. I don’t think I’ll try to clean the roller cover this time for a re-use, just not worth the trouble.

I realized last week that my driver’s license is expiring soon, but just checked the DMV website and learned there’s an extension on my renewal until October 1st, so I don’t have to hurry. I might try to see if they’re allowing online renewals…

Okay, I’ll get this posted and grab some lunch. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 06-24-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #22  

Afternoon
Laura
The doctor said i had a sinus infection. He gave me meds for that and I'm getting better.

Hello's to every one else. Need to put away groceries.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #23  

Afternoon all. We’ve had quite a few hot and muggy days and today’s another one. I have some stuff to do out in the yard, but haven’t been wanting to do it because of this icky weather. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and get out there and do it. I’m not going to melt. Not literally anyway, lol.

Ceejay – Has your sinus infection cleared out yet?

Hellos to the rest of you! I hope you’re all well.

Even though it was hot and muggy on Saturday, I went out for a bike ride. That was dumb. I went to a bike path I hadn’t been on yet this year. However, it’s one that’s not very wooded - so hardly any shade. Hot! And it doesn’t have huge hills, but enough rises/inclines that it was challenging for me. The heat and humidity got to me and I had to stop three times during the ride to catch my breath and get my heart rate down. And it wasn’t a very long ride either – just under 9 miles. Lesson learned. Not going to go cycling when it’s super hot/humid like it’s been.

I’ve been exercising most weekday mornings before I start work. I don’t always get down to the basement early enough to get more than 30-40 minutes in, but at least I do something. And it’s nice and cool in the basement right now!!

Last week I used my aerobic step and did a WW step workout video I’ve had for a long time but never tried. The video was alright – I don’t think the instructor was all that great with cueing the moves. I’m going to donate that video because there are plenty of better step workouts available. I also decided I wanted a better aerobic step! Mine, which is quite old, is not very wide (long?) and it doesn’t have a rubberized surface on the top. I’ve always liked the ones they have at the park district fitness facility – they have a nice rubberized top and they’re also wider than the one I have. I decided to look for a used one online. I found one over the weekend on eBay with a local seller, and it was much less expensive compared to the cost of a new one. BF met the seller yesterday to pick it up.

I used my “new” step this morning. Love it. I decided to try the step workout video that came with my old step (it’s old, so it’s a VHS tape). Another workout video I don’t remember ever doing, LOL. I plan to sell my old step and figured if I liked the video I could copy it to the DVR before selling it with the step. Anyway, I only got through the cardio portion, and it was alright, but again – there are better ones out there. It also had a strength section using a resistance band, which I’m not crazy about. The final segment was an ab section which I didn’t have time to do this morning. I’ll see if that’s any good tomorrow.

This workweek is a 3-day short week for me. Meeting my friend D for breakfast on Friday. Haven’t seen any of my friends face-to-face since before this pandemic hit, so I’m looking forward to it. Probably do some more shopping for my mom. I picked up a few things for her this past Sunday. Bought here a couple cartons of ice cream - turns out she doesn't like butter pecan. I knew my dad liked that flavor, but didn't know my mom didn't like that flavor... Also bought her a Hershey's chocolate bar and she doesn't like Hershey's chocolate! Didn't think she was that picky about chocolate... Learn something new every day. I ended up taking both home with me, and in the freezer they went. Anyway, the main reason I went over there was because she said it was warm in there. She won't mess with the thermostat (even though it's a simple one), so I went to check because her unit also has buttons to push to turn the heat and AC on/off. Turns out the AC button wasn't turned on. I'll have to give her a call to make sure she didn't shut off the AC because I think that's what might have happened - she got cold and pressed the off button instead of adjusting the temperature on the thermostat.

Otherwise been spending a lot of time indoors because I hate the hot, muggy weather. I guess I just need to get over it. So what if I have to take 2+ showers per day, LOL.

Okay, enough of my rambling. I’ll get this posted. Everyone stay safe and healthy!!!
Old 07-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Hello!

I made it to July1. That means I survived our fiscal year end. From the 2nd week of June it was quite brutal; but think being at home and away from where people could walk up and find me was helpful to keep me on track and not overwhelmed to much.

I am taking vacation days today and tomorrow. I washed done the railing on our front porch this morning. I started about 8 a.m. and finished around 11. I am worn out. That is my workout for the day. I do have physical therapy later today. I'm finally seeing some change and the pain isn't as bad. It takes so much effort to get well than to stay well....that is for sure.

DH is doing ok at the new job. He really has the full retirement itch and he has said that he is changing his mind about doing finisher work part time when he retires. He said he really wants to work at Chick-Fila, like those older people do. I told him, that is fine, he just needs to go talk to his friend that owns 3 Chick-Fila's and get some information on it.

He said, he just wants to go in, do the job and when he leaves he doesn't have to think about what is leftover to do the next day.

Thank you all for the caution to see what he can earn working while on his Social Security without being penilized. We did talk that when we called them to find out some information concerning his benefits at 65 and was really surprised at the monthly gross amount you can make while on Social Security.

Hi to Annie and Shao: I have seen some Facebook Posts or replies here and there. Stop by here when you can; I feel we get to talk more freely here.

Ceejay: Having a sinues infection in the summer is no fun at all. I think they are worse then because of the heat . I hope you are feeling better now that you are on some medication.

Happy: I am amazed at the bear population that is around your place and how many pictures Eric gets to take of them. They are amazing animals to see but I don't know if I would be brave enough to stand and take a picture of them. Did you friend get home from AZ?

Laura: I think you should applaud yourself for doing 30-40 min workouts daily. I am doing 30 to 40 min workouts about 5 to 6 days a week but I can't stop eating things that I shouldn't. I'm not fully off plan but I need to get a lot stricter with myself. My clothes are feeling tight.

I hope you have a nice time meeting your friend for breakfast on Friday.

We are going to Delaware OH for the 4th. My cousin has a big place out in the country and lots of room for the kids to play and a big pool. She sets up tents so people can sit under them and get out of the sun. We all bring side dishes and they provide the meat. We have all kinds of family there, both sides and it is just a really fun time.

This year we are going to have fireworks there as they are canceled a lot of places. A guy on her husbands side of the family works for a fireworks company so he is handling the "show".

A lot of people will tent camps and stay all night or have campers and stay. My brother offered us to stay in their camper with them. I opted to book a hotel that is close. My brother has a very nice camper and it is pretty big but I think I'll rest better in a hotel. We will stay until my nephews fall asleep and then leave.

Have a great July 4th everyone! I plan to check in more often now that I am finsihed with Fiscal Year end. I heard we came in just a little over budget and that is what they wanted....if we come in under we don't get as much money the next year, but if we come in to much over than we get a stern talking too. My manager said I manged the PO's well and got everything in that was needed.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry to be so MIA these days, sometimes my mojo gets up and leaves and I feel somewhat bored and lonely and can't be bothered with anything. Then it disappears and things get back to normal again. Add to that the family has needs and wants and sometimes I am swamped more than I ever was with work and keeping up with the Probus club and it's problems is nearly a full time job at the moment. I can understand some of the frustrations, but I won't be treated as an employee or a slave ( I told our president the other day that you can't fire slaves (after a particularly sarcastic moment) they must be sold). Anyway, we are getting slowly back on track with that although we don't have a full committee, and we don't have a treasurer, and we have a president who thinks he is the only one doing anything. So some of us are finding ways to go round, through, over or under him to get things moving after all the restrictions. Sorry, that's enough about that and Monday will be a good time to think about that again.
We finished the family tree project and now have to find a place to get the teddy bear cleaned up a bit. I took him to the Doll and Teddy hospital and they wanted $200-$300 to do it. Younger brother said no, not paying that so the search continues. We don't want him to look like a new bear, we want him to be clean and safe that is all. DS2's new partner says that her Mum is crafty with things like that so maybe we will send him up there if she thinks she can do anything. Meantime I will have to get some good clear photos of him so she can assess the job. DB1 told me what his second wife's maiden name was and I entered it into the family tree only to find out it was not spelt right, more changes to be made. DB1 wrote his screed about the family bear and I have to type it up (correct the grammar and the spelling - not big brothers strong point) and insert that as well. At some point in time I will need to send a booklet to the NZ mob and get them to check it out. Enough of the bear already, Monday might be good for that as well.

Happy - hope the knee and the teeth are coming right again. Nothing like having a bear chase you in the yard - American style fast food??? So take care with them around. Been enjoying DH's photos of flowers and things lately. He certainly loves his photography.
Laura - glad to hear you are still working from home and staying safe. I must ask DS2 to get one of the bikes down from the hanger in the shed and see if I can get it cleaned up and ready to go again for the days I don't have the dog. I'll continue to get a bit more exercise then.
Ceejay - good to hear you are going back to the gym and enjoying your new place.
Annie - how's things going around your way. Hope the job is not too boring and you will be able to stick it out. I worry about all you over there, social life is disintegrating around you all - well at least according to news reports over here. Stay safe - and that's for all of you post and anyone reading this post.
Susie - good to know that DH is still bringing in an income. You will need it all before this Covid catastrophe is done if it is ever done.

As for over here, we are not getting any new cases of the virus right now, but the border with NSW is now open and I am expecting it to flare again. All those people agitating for border re-opening because they are hurting financially will probably find themselves going under in the next wave. The state of Victoria is back in crisis again with many, many new cases being diagnosed. We have not opened the borders to them, any arriving here have to do a 14 day quarantine at a hotel or lockdown facility at their own expense. We are even checking all cars crossing borders in case some of the NSW people try to sneak them through. It makes a very hard demanding job for the police who are already stretched to the limit, but quite frankly you can't trust these greedy people from the two smallest mainland states to obey the rules. Five out of the seven states and territories have managed to contain it, but not entirely eradicate it. It took time and discipline and a lot of incentive to get to this point and we are now letting the others in. Stand by for further rantings about COVID-19 and AUS.

That's about it for now. I'd better go get dressed and work on something for the day. As for the painting - it's a bit like being in the navy here, if it moves, salute it, if it doesn't paint it. I'm onto the fiddly trim bits now and it is boring but must be done. I also need to get out into the garden and see if I can find some more space for more seed. The broccoli has not done well and I will be pulling that out soon. Beans have been so so and the corn is about done and I need to plant some more. Cauliflower is going well as is the beetroot and I have eaten all the carrots so more need to be planted to supplement the next lot now coming on. I've got lettuce growing everywhere and I am giving away spinach and rocket (arugula) daily.

So off I go. Take care, stay safe, keep out of the way or riots, marches, and idiots although that may be an impossibility - idiots abound.

Last edited by Shad; 07-03-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy Independence Day everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4th july.jpg (18.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg OIP.jpg (28.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Shad; 07-04-2020 at 04:24 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #27  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

Guess it's time to post at long last. Life has been routine - not much going on to talk about. With the return of my partner at the Thrift Shop have gotten a bit more involved but frankly it's just too chaotic there with everyone doing their own thing and no real leadership. I prefer to be in the shadows. There are in a mess but refuse to do anything differently. Can't operate the way you always did because this is the year where everything is upside down and you HAVE to re-think things.

Getting no real help from the doctors on my leg other than "it will take months". So I reluctantly gave Physical Therapy a try yesterday. She gave me some light exercises. Said not to do the NuStep and Bike quite yet, let's build up the leg some. But the game changer was an icing machine called "Game Ready". It's like a giant heating pad with straps they wrapped my leg in. Not only does it circulate cold water but it also does mild compressions while it's doing that. For the first time in weeks I felt better. And the swelling reduced. My foot swells really badly and the skin is tight and uncomfortable and it's hard to get a shoe on. I have been wearing a very light compression stocking. DH offered me his compression socks but they are too heavy and my leg muscles are really sore - have been ever since the fall. The therapist said this can be due to the injury and not walking correctly. FINALLY after 2 months so small vision of relief. Yay. Thursday I go for the final fitting of my teeth so hopefully I can MAYBE have at least one month of feeling better before the year is through.

I feel badly for my Mom. She is almost 94. Her hearing has gotten really bad. Her eyes as well - more the macular degeneration than the cataracts. Eye doc said cataract surgery will not do much at all for her. The tooth her front dental partial hooks into has broken off. So she is missing 7 front teeth and chewing is hard for her. They were going to "build up" the tooth and Sis and I are not too confident on the success of that. She put off the dental work when my sister was dealing with father in law issues and now that my Mom has gotten used to going about without teeth - a big thing for her - she is reluctant to go through with the procedure. She is confident once they fix one tooth, the other will break too and she is NOT going to put $3,000 into her mouth at this time. Plus her really arthritic knees are killing her every day. She is only about 130 pounds so light for her small frame but it's hard to get around. She is becoming more isolated. When I talk to her on the phone she puts it on speaker to hear better and it's annoying to me because it picks up lots of feedback crackling in my ear - she can't hear it. But it helps for her to connect and take her mind off the isolation. She worries too about what is becoming of this world. It's sad. I wish I could get back there and visit but it's not possible at this time. And there is always the worry of me bringing some unknown Covid to her also so we all kind of keep distance with her, furthering the isolation. Thank goodness for the telephone.

Shad - I totally understand your comment about the mojo getting up and leaving. I have never really experienced depression to the extent I have these last 2 years. Sometimes it's hard to keep the spirits up. But have to keep finding a way. I am very disappointed with people nowadays. Prefer to be more on my own which was never the case with me. I do hope you can get Teddy cleaned up and restuffed. I would think that's not too hard a project. If I could see better (more fine detail) I'd do it! My Mum once did surgery on my brother's beat up bear after he almost gave up the ghost. Did a fine job of resurecting him for a bit. I imagine he needs a good re-stuffing as that old stuff probably has mold in it just from age alone. Yes DH loves his photography. It's the only thing he seems to really notice lately. I am a fixture on the wall sometimes I feel. I tend to speak a lot less these days because he barely hears what I say. I was talking to friends of mine - we are all in the same boat it seems. The guys just get old and doddering and turn us off. It's insulting and adds to the blues. I certainly wish you were close enough to take some of that extra rocket from you. Do you find that colder weather plants like rocket and carrots grow well for you in your warmer climates? We are looking forward to fresh sweet corn. Everything is a bit late this year on the crop cycle. We are unusually hot and dry up here. We had a bunch of trees taken out - much nicer in the garden area. DH flower garden is doing very nicely. I watched 2 goldfinches land on the tree of potted plants we have an pick through the tasty seeds one flower apparently offered them. We have a lot more activity on the deck than I ever noticed before - lots and lots of butterflies, bees, hummingbirds and the birds that disappeared for about a month finally are coming back. We have 3 baby fawns - a set of twins and a single. Should see turkey babies soon. Bear is still around but not as much.

Susie - yay for surviving the fiscal year. Do you mean the planning work or having enough revenue that you all get to keep your jobs and avoid layoffs? While I can understand Dh's itch to be retired and leave things at the end of the day, working at Chick-Fil-A standing is hard work for very little money. And in these days of Covid, not sure I'd risk the exposure. Unless you are the kind who think this is blown out of proportion. Who knows what to think anymore. I am grateful we have a stable income and being home has reduced our expenses, especially for dining out and entertainment. Yes, my friend made it back from Arizona and they are isolating even though she is the most conservative person I know when it comes to going out because of her asthma. She is back at the thrift shop - a big organizational boost is needed and we need her to rally everyone. I warned her not to get over exposed. Hope you had a nice 4th. Sounded like a great get together and lots of fun - something to look forward to. Fireworks were not that bad this year thankfully - I hear there was a shortage from China. We didn't mind and neither did the animals. We thought about going to the casino for their fireworks show but it was blazing hot and muggy here and they have a fireworks stand where people blow off firecrackers all day long so by the evening the air is dense with the smell of sulfur and gunpowder and didn't want to risk tough breathing so instead I watched the Macy's New York City fireworks show. Good enough for me.

We have such delicious fresh strawberries from the farms around here. SOOOOO good. And I don't even like strawberries that much. LOL

Ceejay - hope you are past your sinus infection and feeling better.

Laura - I can't imagine biking in the blazing heat and humidity you are having right now. Ugh. How nice that you like the new step you picked up. I didn't think about it being slidey but I guess it can be. At least you are making sure you are getting some exercise. Funny how you picked up groceries that your Mom didn't care for. Sounds like she's sort of in a la la land like my Mom at times. It's sad to see them sort of wither up. Are you still doing the bulk of looking in on her? Oh and about the power washer --- our gas one broke and he could not easily get parts so he picked up a small electric one. I had told him you were looking into it. He said he likes the electric one now. It has a super long electrical cord so you can be far away from the electrical outlet. He did say you had to be careful as the sprayer can be temperamental and spray erratically. He powerwashed the wrought iron patio table and chairs we are trying to sell as well as the tar on the lower part of my car. He said it was a pretty good machine and was surprised that it can do as much as it could being smaller than the gas one. And he was able to do all that washing and said if it was the gas one, he would have had to fill up the tank at least 3 times during the wash so that was nice.

Hello to Annie - how are you doing?

I'm going to make an egg and have some strawberries. I finally got some of the swelling down and I feel so much better. Have to make sure I don't over do it and do myself in again. But at least I can get a few things done. Have a good week all.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

trying to post
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone!

Not much going on around here. Yet another vacation has been cancelled for next week’s trip to Florida. Nope not doing that. Made it this far without getting Covid not about to go to Florida. So I am taking the week off anyway and doing a whole bunch of nothing. Sam, the boys and I may go on a tubing ride down the White River from Noblesville In. That is about it. Can’t get any more distant from people than that. Still not liking my job much. I have so much responsibility now since there are only 7 people in the office of about 60. All others are working from home. The 7 of us keep the operations going. Very funny things I couldn’t do because it was management only, I now do them. Hmmm, more money, no. Guess I need to be grateful I have a job that I can go to and still work and get a pay check. Working on being grateful everyday. Some days are hard. We are all staying healthy for now. The schools still have the boys going in person when school starts on August 3rd. Not sure how they are going to social distance or wear masks in 1st and 3rd grade. Our county, Marion, now has mandatory mask at all times enforced. Figure that one out. Still at 20 lbs down. Working on it slowly. Want to get to 159-160. 169 is current wt at the moment. I guess if I were taller I would be at goal. Haha. Still doing keto. I still enjoy it as my joints hurt much less to none and my neck does not hurt at all. I can certainly tell the difference no carbs and no sugar makes on my body. I ate terribly my birthday weekend, chips, a cupcake and a few other things I should not have. It took a toll on my body for 3 days after. I thought I was going to die. The aches and pains were awful. Might want to rethink ever doing that again. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, I truly appreciate them. Getting old is not for sissy’s that is for sure. Thank you Susie for the nice compliment. You are beautiful.

Stay safe everyone!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #30  

Hello all. How time flies! TGIF!

Susie – I’m glad you survived your FYE. I have 2021 budget work coming up this month, along with a lot of other projects, but the end of the month is the deadline for it, so it’ll be good to just crank away and know that the bulk of it all will be done by then. I’m taking time off here and there, this month, but I won’t take multiple days until August. == I’m glad the PT is helping you. I have to remind myself not to let the PT back exercise fall off. I don’t want the pain to return. == I’m glad your DH is doing okay with his new job. He just has to be okay with it until December. I get that he wants to do something different, but I agree with Happy - being on his feet doing a Chik-fil-a job would be tiring. Unless he’s already accustomed to working on his feet all day…I guess working fewer hours could make a difference though. But the lower amount of pay might make it not worth the effort. Guess he’ll have to find his way to his ideal retirement life. I definitely understand wanting a job that’s done at the end of the day without a myriad of projects always waiting for one’s attention. == Sounds like we’re both doing well with exercise but the eating remains a struggle. Story of my life, lol. == How was your 4th in Delaware? It sounds wonderful to get away and see family in that country setting.

Shad – I hope you have your mojo solidly back in place! But it sounds like you might be picking up where Happy left off with the volunteer workload! == Did you find a solution for putting teddy back to rights? == Have you dusted off the bicycle yet? At least when it’s warm, you create your own breeze! == Our state has ordered people coming from (certain) other states to self-isolate upon their return, but there’s no policing of that…and it’s scary how there’s been a rebound in cases in states that were less stringent in their measures. Sigh. C’mon people, let’s learn something from this!!!

Happy – hope the PT is helping. Glad that icing machine brought some relief. Just stay off your feet and let the leg rest! Your poor mom, but it’s good you’re keeping in touch with her via phone to keep up the contact and lessen the isolation. I try to keep my mask on at my mom’s, so it’s better to talk with her on the phone with her volume turned up so she can hear me better. == It sounds like you’re having the same issues with your DH re the hearing. What a challenge! But maybe not talking as much is better than bickering though, LOL. Back when I traveled for work, I think there was some truth when I used to joke that bf and I had longevity because we spent a good amount of time apart. == Yes, I really like that new step much better than my old one. I usually don’t like cardio workouts much, but I really should be doing more of that, so the step is a good alternative. I’ll check into more step workout videos, but I also might seek out interval or circuit type workouts too – or come up with my own. I can use my step and stationary bike for cardio intervals and alternate with weight exercises. I always used to like that there wasn’t time to get bored when I’m doing something for just 60 seconds, LOL. Thanks for the update on the power washer. I feel like I’d personally be using it (unlike the mower, weedwacker, snowblower, etc.) so I’d prefer electric. I’d like to use it for clearing cobwebs from the brick, soffit & fascia; to rinse the windows before washing them, to clean the window well covers, to clean the patio furniture and also the patio/pavement. Bf doesn’t do these things…so maybe I should be the one to choose this particular piece of equipment.

Hellos to Ceejay and Annie!

Nothing much to report. A couple days ago the tire monitor showed low pressure in one tire and yesterday I discovered the tire was flat. Left it at the tire place last night and it was repaired this morning – they said it was a nail. The AC in bf’s vehicle went kaput, so he had the AC recharged this morning. Apparently if it’s the compressor, he will fix that himself since he did that job once in the past and this time it would be easier. This van has two compressors and the one that’s the potential issue is a rear one that’s easier to access. . It’s always something. In the meantime, he’s going to use my car as much as he can because he doesn’t want all the Freon to leak out of his too quickly. It’s been so hot here, he’d definitely be using the AC a lot and it would certainly leak more when he’d be using it so much. I’m not thrilled, but it makes sense.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted before lunchtime’s over!