Old 03-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

gma
I agree about not watching the stats on this CV19 thing. Made me extremely nervous. I'm going to do my own business and stay at home as much as possible. I do need to go get a few grocery items.
My friend that lives in Jonesboro, AR. text me after a strong tornado ripped through there. The mall is demolished and houses were destroyed. She was okay and her house had very minor damage. They lost power but had it back yesterday.
That is very nice of you to share the meat.

Jean
My sis and I watched a church service online again from Atlanta again yesterday. She was getting tired as we are used to 30 minute sermons. I'm so ready to go back and meet with the other members of our church.

Susan
So sorry that a friend has Cv19.

I'm doing my thing and working in the yard. My this is a huge yard. Got another flower bed cleaned out yesterday. Still need to do one more. but it's a bit cold for me this afternoon and it's supposed to rain tonight.
I've put a load of towels in the washer. They are ready to dry.
I've cleaned out a closet this morning and sis told me I could put stuff in her closet on her Hubby's side. So that is what I did. I need to start going through some of my boxes now. I've also cleaned out a small spot in the garage for a few boxes.
While going back and forth I saw the box that bil's ashes are in. Note to self don't go in there to often. So far it hasn't bothered me.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-30-2020 at 02:01 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:59 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, sunny and 63 degrees! The verdict on Bob's tooth is a crack on the back side of a wisdom tooth. It will have to be pulled because the infection is ongoing and will cause more pain as time goes on. The surgeon comes here so will get an appointment asap. We visited with Beth for a few minutes, had lunch at a drive through hamburger joint that has been there since way before Bob was around. His dad always said the hamburger was horse meat. We went to the cemetery thinking maybe we could look at available lots but the office was closed. Drove to the country cemetery near Bob's hometown to look at a marker. Home again and no desire to start any projects this late in the day.

Ceejay, I like 15-20 minute sermons. The pastor now is 30-40 minutes, too long for me to sit still and pay attention when he gets off his thought process. Is Jonesboro where you lived before you retired? I’m glad your friend is ok, her house can be repaired. We are in tornado season around here and we have been so lucky so far. You have been busy, which is good.

I have towels in the dryer and they should be done so can fold them and put them away. Hope you have had a sunny day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #18  

Good morning! Rained here all last night and it is cool at the moment. It’s going to be cloudy all day today. I guess the weather is bored too. Well, they left Jack on regular hours but they are allowing no one to take vacation, use bonus days and they have to work holidays, one of which is Friday. He’ll probably have to work Good Friday too as this in in effect until this whole mess settles down. At least he’ll get an extra 8 hours pay on Friday for working.

Well we got our cruise certificates from our canceled cruise, but the guy who did it screwed it up and left us short by almost $2000. So rather than argue over the phone, I emailed them so we shall see what comes of that. Looked pretty straight forward to me. Each one was worth $2979 so you multiply by 3 and take it off the balance owed. I don’t want to make a payment until this is cleared up first.

The meat company canceled my order so guess I won’t be sending meat to my sil. I know they aren’t taking orders and people are on wait lists so maybe that’s why. It’s ok though as slowly meat is getting back into stores.

CeeJay: We have flooding here because we’ve had so much rain. You just have to remember that isn’t your bil anymore just what once contained him. He is in heaven now. I know it’s a little eerie though. Try and relax a bit on your rainy days!

Jean: Skirt steak is usually used in other dishes rather than eaten alone, like a stir fry or fajitas. She uses it for fajitas. Gosh I guess if you die they’ll just stack you in the funeral home until the corona is gone! Truth is I doubt dead people are concerned about the virus and usually not a long line to get a plot bought. A lot of preachers get full of themselves and drone on and on. Truth is you can say in 20 minutes what you can say in an hour. Our former pastor and his wife are at a Bible college in the Appalachians in WVA and she posted a picture of their car loaded up to leave saying they might have to disobey the stay at home order. There was a fire in the mountains close to their home.

Everyone have a good day. I have to do an edeposit for a settlement check I got. It was for a pair of slippers I bought Jackson way back when he was a toddler. I don’t even know what the suit was about, but I’ll take the money!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #19  

Good morning, ladies! 50s and rain toda

Virginia is now stay at home until June 10 with $2500 fine and one year in jail if you don't. One person to get groceries, pick up take out, pharmacy or banking.

They are
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:21 AM   #20  

Good morning, ladies! 50s and rain toda

Virginia is now stay at home until June 10 with $2500 fine and one year in jail if you don't. One person to get groceries, pick up take out, pharmacy or banking.

They are installing new high tension lines through our development. There are pulleys on the towers. Yesterday afternoon a helicopter installed the wire dropping it into the pulleys. That was a really good pilot. A little entertainment on a boring day.

My friend's husband is getting a tracheotemy today. The hope it will allow them to take him off the ventilator later in the week. Doctor says he will be in the hospital many weeks. They had to shave off his full beard and moustache. Even his children haven't seen him bare-faced!

Donna, I hope Jack is safe at work. The military will no longer release how many Covid-19 cases they have. I am sorry about the messed up refund.

Jean, how is Iowa handling this? Funerals are limited to 10. No viewing hours. Funeral homes are live streaming services too. You know who was having viewing hours until the police stopped it. My friend's are having no visits from children. The kids leave groceries on the porch.

CeeJay, I am allergic to grass so no yard work for me.

Have a blessed day.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #21  

What a crazy world we are living right now.!
We had rain over night and now the sun is out.
Not sure who asked but I live in a small city named Osceola. I did go to Joneboro to the doctor there.
I got a lot done yesterday but today I'm going to clean house and put away some bathroom things.

gma
I can understand the demand on water/sewer systems right now with the stay at home order. Hope Jack is safe. Don't blame you for not paying until the amount is correct. I'd take the check from the law suit too.

Susan
I take an allergy med when working outside.

Jean
Hello

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-31-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #22  

Good Afternoon! The day started out bright and sunny but the clouds have moved in, looks like it could rain which we don't need. We saw a lot of wet fields on our way to and from Sioux City yesterday. I made an early run to WM, the grocery store, and Walgreens this morning. I'm not out but none of them had tp. The clueless hospital accountant owed me almost $1300 and I haven't had my books out for two weeks so hadn't paid any attention. She finally sent me an email for a recent deposit amount for credit cards. I went back to my records and found the outstanding numbers and fired off an email to her sending a duplicate to my boss. Gee, said number whiz forgot to let me know she had made the deposits! I get the bank statement today and lucky for everyone I balanced!

”Gma,” I hope you get your cruise certificates straightened out. You mentioned writing a check, will the rebooked cruise cost you more? I wonder if there is going to be a meat shortage? Beth has mentioned the stores in Sioux City have been pretty low on choices when she shops but she usually goes after work. I had to chuckle you you getting a settlement check so late. Funerals here are being postponed until churches are open again, or just a graveside service for immediate family. Either way it is a tough situation.

Susan, we are encouraged to stay home! The $2500 fine would keep me home for sure! Our chief of police was just on FB saying he is seeing groups of kids around town and they need to be home. We just finished week two of no school looking at two more, the governor closed all salons and dine in eating over a week ago. Now she is saying through April so I wonder how many of these small businesses can survive. Everyone is in the same boat so moving elsewhere isn’t going to solve the problem. Bob and I have gone for short rides and usually come home past the camp grounds and around the lake. We have a popular camp grounds across from the lake which is closed for reservations right now but has several nice motor homes parked with empty spots in between. The paper said they are the construction guys who will be working on the highway. We had pipeline workers camping a couple years ago as well as construction guys working on the new nursing home. I miss seeing our kids and grandkids! We should have been to two band concerts, a choir concert, show choir performance, and starting baseball games. Is there a time limit that a person can be on a ventilator? I wish your friend’s husband many prayers.

Ceejay, you remind me of the Energizer Bunny, you have been so busy! Busy is good though! What do you take for allergies? My family doctor wants me to go back to the allergist and ask about shots. Doesn’t sound like fun to me but yet otc isn’t helping much either.

The mailman just drove by so guess I will go see what he left for us. At least there will be the advertising guide which will have the grocery store ads and not much else since we have so little retail now. Hope you are enjoying a nice day! Don't forget to wash your hands!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #23  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it's a beautiful morning in my neighborhood! The weather guesser says we are going to have freezing rain starting late tomorrow and into Friday. Boo Hiss! I took a check to the hospital for misplaced dues that should have gone to the auxiliary not the gift shop. I also have $54 to deposit in the bank; an employee made a purchase when the gift shop was closed plus two invoices I need to pay. My library books are due so will do the three errands after lunch. My washer is doing a clean cycle after washing Ernie's bedding. When that's done I need to vacuum the basement. My next house isn't going to have a basement . . . . . I hope!

I see there are FB rumors flying around with projected April dates when Iowa schools will be back in session and life returns to normal. I wouldn't want to second guess that nor be responsible for the decision! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday and keep washing your hands!
Old 04-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #24  

Afternoon
It has been a beautiful day and I'm working on the inside of the house. I plan on mowing again tomorrow.
I've got a lot of unpacking done and am beginning to see the end of the tunnel. Whew! I need some shelves in my bedroom to place some knick knacks that I brought with me that were special..
Made my weekly trip to the grocery store yesterday and then to DG this aftenoon. Got there when they were unloading a truck. No hand sanitizer but I did get an off brand toilet paper, some for me, sis and niece.

Jean
I only get out and about to get supplies and to mow the yard. Glad you balanced on the hospital stuff. Sometime I feel like the Energizer Bunny.

hellos's to gma and Susan.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #25  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it's a breezy 50 degrees outside. I've gotten dressed, scooped Ernie's potty boxes, and fed the critters on the deck. The robin gave me he** the whole time! I didn't get the door closed and he/she was on the cat food bowl. I need to make a serious grocery list but just don't feel like going today. We are not out of anything but every once in awhile something sounds good and I don't have everything I need, lack of organizational planning. I am hungry for potato salad so maybe will put that together for lunch.

Ceejay, glad your moving boxes pile is dwindling down unpacking is a good job to have done! Can you mow the whole yard in one day, or do you divide it up? I hope, or am sure your sister appreciates all you are doing for her.

Guess I will get my potatoes and eggs on the stove. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 04-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #26  

Jean
Yes, I can mow all in one day using the riding lawn mower. I need to weed eat today. It's going to be windy, but the sun is shining. I will take it. So far I've gotten used to living in sis's house. On Sunday though I feel like I should go back home to Battlefield. I'm sure that will change as I get more used to living here. I haven't had any trouble staying by myself. And once I get things organized I will have a better handle on cleaning etc. One or two rooms per day will be my limit. I ordered a small etagere to go in my bedroom. There isn't a gym close by so I will either go to the park or ride my bike. I've got to get back to eating healthy and exercising.

Nothing new in my neighborhood except more rain is being predicted later on this afternoon. Sis said last night that personnel at the clinic were going part time because of so many cancellations. She thinks the nurse pratitioners may be next. She doesn't have to work. Bil left her in good financial standings. I hope this pandemic is over soon. I made chili last night for supper.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #27  

Good morning ladies! Sunny as 65degrees.
For seniors
President Trump declared VS a disaster area. The Hampton Convention Center is one of 3 areas in VA to be use as a hospital. Dire projections day we won't peak into the last week in May.

Jean, most grocery stores here have the first hour reserved for seniors. I ordered delivery and all probably do it again next week. I get a Misfits Market produce box every weeks.

CeeJay, my Y has code classes every day and SilverSneakers does too. Yesterday I did water aerobics on and and today is Yoga. I also walk.

Hi Donna!
Old 04-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #28  

Got the yard mowed but din't finish the weedeating. It started to rain. Today is colder but still may get outside and finish weedeating this afternoon. Looks like the sun is going to finally come through and shine for a bit.
This is looking more and more like a conspiracy theory put in place. But that's just my opinion. Missouri has around 1400 covid19 cases. .

Susan
I'll check on the Silver Sneakers.

Every one stay safe.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #29  

Good Evening! We had sunshine today, and what a difference that makes! We had some money to count at church so did that first thing. Banks are still open Saturday mornings. Bob braved the grocery store for me, what a guy! I've done some laundry, dusted, and vacuumed to round out the day. The gal from Bob's office offered the first 50 customers a family sized popcorn from the theater. We weren't going to take advantage but she sent me a text to remind me, so we did. Nothing on tap for tomorrow except online church either from Sioux City or Des Moines, maybe both. I need to get back to my living room drawers, shelves, and cupboards -- too much stuff!

Ceejay, yesterday was definitely a chili kind of day here. I am really tired of fixing food! Now I realize how much we eat out. We have done some carry out to support our favorite eating places; I’m sure they are feeling the lack of dining in customers. It’s really nice of you to take over the household chores. Are you going to sell your house? You maybe right about the conspiracy!

Susan, I just heard our WM has one door open and they are limiting the number of people going in. I go first thing in the morning to avoid the undesirables and their kids. If I can get whatever I need somewhere else, I don’t go there. One grocery store let’s seniors, etc., shop from 7 to 8. They put up plexiglass shields between the checkers and the customer. I haven’t seen them but wonder about the checker and the customer in the lane behind them.

I have a load of towels to fold before Ernie goes to bed so better get moving. Hope you all enjoy a nice Sunday!
Old 04-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it's 60 degrees, breezy so feels chilly outside. We listened to two church services this morning, neither one from our own church. I giggle every time I see member pictures taped to the pews in Sioux City; three dogs and Mickey Mouse were there again today. Bob grilled steaks for dinner, I have a baking dish waiting to be washed from corn. I should do something constructive but must admit I feel lazy. I do need to sort through the flower pots that Bob brought out of winter storage. The greenhouse will have a sale on geraniums soon, and they have all different kinds. My favorite is a two toned pink that I found by accident last spring. We put red and white across the front of the house but have several different kinds of flowers on the deck and patio. My excitement tomorrow will be to pick up a nail remover kit and gift card from the nail salon. I will wait as long as possible but know they will have to come off before May. Not much is going on around here today, hope you are enjoying a nice day!