Old 09-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello
It's a beautiful Fall day. I need to get out and finish the weed eating from yesterday. But first I need to go to the grocery store to get something for dinner tonight.
Not much is going on so I'll get some laundry started and get off the computer.

Jean
I had the meatloaf, and three sides, salad, broccoli and something else. can't remember.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-27-2019 at 01:25 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #17  

Good Morning! We went to Ian’s game last night, against their number one rival. That town has a good fan following so their side was pretty full, but no cheerleaders which surprised me. My big debate was what to wear. It was supposed to be 60 degrees at 10:00 but, like here, it is usually windy there. I hated to start wearing my winter coat so early so opted for multiple layers topped with my flannel lined nylon jacket and a blanket. Anyhow, the game was exciting, Ian had some good moves, and they went into overtime. Groaning on my part! Bob said we could leave but I knew he wanted to stay. It was only a few minutes and Ian’s team won. It was after midnight when we got home and we were both dragging this morning. Bob is helping move the office this morning although his jerk of a manager said Bob couldn’t make the move or he would lose his accounts. The reason being he wasn’t notified Bob was moving; Ashley has the paperwork signed by the head office and the local manager’s name is on the list to receive the notice. Bob has been doing him a favor by servicing these accounts after the firing of another agent a year ago. Short memory on his part!

Ceejay, It is a beautiful fall here as well. I notice some of the trees are turning colors. There is a tree in our neighborhood that turns orange at the top and then gradually the color moves down. Our own trees drop their leaves late, sometimes after it snows, and get them late in the spring. Meatloaf always sounds good to me.

I have laundry going and need to get clothes ready for our first musical program tonight so need to keep moving. Enjoy a super Saturday!

Last edited by Jean; 09-28-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon! Well, fall is officially here at our house since I put the electric blanket on our bed yesterday! It was toasty last night! It’s a gloomy day in my neighborhood today. It rained during the night and just now started a downpour with a loud roll of thunder. The farmers still aren’t able to get in the fields and some have beans ready to go. Bob went to the office to put his stuff back where it belongs in his desk, which was all taken apart to move. He is hoping his toy tractor collection and display case is sold so that is one thing he won’t have to move home eventually. I have laundry going and need to work on a program for P.E.O. Last year and this year suggested topics were points of interest in Iowa. Mine is the covered bridges in Madison County; we haven’t been there and didn’t see the movie but there is information when I googled it. I have a couple weeks before I have to present so am in no rush. Lazy is more like it.

I need to fold towels and start another load of laundry. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #19  

Went to church yesterday. Our crowd was short and absolutely no kids.
Went to my sissy's after lunch and had a good lunch. Bil still wasn't 100 percent back to his new normal.
Later that afternoon we went to visit my nephew's wife who whose baby is just 15 day's old yesterday. She has the house up for sale. And is still not wanting him to come home. She is Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce but I honestly think this marriage is over. She doesn't want anything to do with him. He can live here but I will not be here to enable him. He has to do this on his own when he comes back.
I need to go see about getting a flu shot today at Walgreen's. I went Thursday and they were out but expecting more in on Saturday.
I've been going over the Insurance and I'm appalled at the pricing and what the insurance actually pays.I also found out that I have had neck and back surgery. Dah. I'm not paying for that. I may go back to Medicare and have this as a secondary.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! It’s “goodbye September” and “hello October” tomorrow. The sun is shining brightly and it’s 86 feeling like 91 with the humidity. A cold wave is heading our way thanks to the snow blizzard in Montana. Crazy weather continues! We didn’t count at church today so will do that tomorrow. I ran some errands this morning and have been sorting through paper piles after lunch. I try to keep ahead of that but the Christmas shopping catalogs are starting to come. I always think I will take a few minutes to look at them but it never seems to happen. I see prices going up at the grocery store so imagine will see the same when Christmas shopping.

Ceejay, how sad for your nephew’s family. It’s too bad his wife won’t wait until he is home to make such life altering decisions. Do you have any concerns that if you let your nephew move in, he won’t leave? I’m curious if you had back and neck surgery or it was a mistake on your insurance information. Bob had to refill one of his eye drops and the Walgreens info said $200 but with Medicare and insurance Bob paid $85 which is bad enough. The drug companies have a racket going, no doubt about it. I’m so thankful Bob understands this insurance stuff.

Not much else is newsy from here today. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 09-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #21  

Jean
When I first moved to Missouri this same nephew was just getting out of rehab. I didn't know that but didn't care. He lived with me for three months. I've lost my trust in him as of this time. He can lie professionally if that's a good term. He want's to stay till December and then get his own apartment. He's not very good with his money. I don't think his wife is letting him back in for a long,long, long time. He's given her the power of attorney. It's hard on me because I'm not supposed to cook his meals, clean his room etc. That's hard for me NOT to do. If he's not out by December then I'm going to have to do something else. Guess I'll move in with sis.

I've gotten some things done this morning. I've washed a couple of loads of clothes and cleaned the hall bath room. I really need to exercise but just don't have the stamina to go to the gym. Guess I should ride my bike at home.
I've made plans with bff to go to her house in Arkansas between October 24-31st. I'm looking forward to this. I need some time away.

gma22
Old 10-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #22  

Good evening! Back from the land of country music. We had sunny but hot very humid weather all weekend. Friday night we had great sandwiches we got from Publix market. I had the best rare sliced sirloin steak with cheese, lettuce and tomato and this wonderful rye/whole grain bread. Jack had boring ole turkey, his favorite. He takes everything off it but the meat and cheese. Saturday we had a great free breakfast at the hotel then had my birthday dinner at Stoney River steak house and it was fabulous. Super thin sliced potatoes au gratin that was delicious. I had prime rib rare and Jack had strip steak. During the day we went to the outlet mall and had fun. I cheated and bought a caramel apple rolled in butterfinger. It was scrumptious. I got a great deal on a Vera Bradley handbag and coin purse that matched. Retail total was $150 but I got them for $40 total. I also bought stuff from bath and body works and Jack went into Zales and bought me a beautiful diamond and sapphire bracelet and hoop earrings. Saving them for the cruise, but need to take bracelet and get lobster clasp to replace the closure as it’s a tiny bit too short. Sunday we vegged all day at hotel and even ate at there bar and grill, which wasn’t too great. We had breakfast again Monday morning then packed up and came home. I got everything washed and things put away, paid a couple bills and spent forever getting the airline tickets for my friend for the cruise. When I got that all settled, finally got to relax a bit. I ordered this handbag I’d been wanting and it came today. Super heavy with nothing in it so reboxed it and will get it mailed this weekend. I also ordered a second pair of my favorite sneakers in a different color. They are slip on sneakers and I just love them. I wore them all weekend and my feet never hurt.

CeeJay: We were just gone Friday to Monday. It only takes about 3 hours to get to Nashville. Hope your bil is regaining some strength. Your nephew is just going to have to find his way by himself. I guess his wife knows whether or not she’s had enough.

Jean: Yes the friend going on the cruise is the one who broke her foot. It was a nasty break at an angle and the back side of the bone crumbled so the had to pin it and put in a plate. She’s doing pretty well. I talked to her today and she sounded excited about getting her tickets. We have elections on Thursday and inundated with their stuff. I too am getting bombarded with catalogs. I have had a Swiss Colony account for 20 yrs and they increase my limit every year. I think I’m to the point I could tell them to just ship what’s in the catalog. We maybe buy a couple hundred $$$ worth if we send gift boxes for Christmas but they just keep adding on. Since the boys get money and Jack and I buy small gifts for each other because we’re usually going on a cruise the following year, catalogs are wasted on me.

Have a good evening!

gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #23  

Good Morning! It’s another gloomy day in my neighborhood; 45 degrees and more rain is predicted for this afternoon. This weather is beyond ridiculous! Our digital rain gauge quit working, Bob said because it was working overtime. I need to get new batteries and hope that is the fix. I’m watching a hummingbird on the feeder and I think he is shivering. We’ve never had them linger this late in the fall so I keep hoping they will move on south soon. Momma cat and both kittens have been here and accounted for. I need to dust and vacuum today plus iron a couple of long sleeved shirts for Bob. He has his second cataract surgery tomorrow; this time we don’t have to be there until 8:30. That’s much better than 6:30 last time!

Ceejay, I didn’t realize your nephew had been in rehab twice. It is hard to stand by and watch someone make bad decisions! I hope he does better this time when he gets out. I also hope it works out if he stays with you. I feel sad for his children. A trip to Arkansas is something for you to look forward to at the end of the month.

”Gma,” I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend away. I had to chuckle at Jack picking his sandwich apart. Bob used to get so irritated at Beth because when she was little she just wanted ketchup on her hamburger. We always had to wait longer for our order at a fast food place because of that. She still picks the onion off. I hope your friend’s foot heals properly and she doesn’t have any trouble with it.

If I don’t get busy, nothing will get done this morning. Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 10-03-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #24  

Afternoon
My sis told me that nephew is coming home in two weeks and will be staying here. I told her to move over cause I'm coming up there. Also told her that he needs to learn to be on his own and take some responsibility. Think I'm going to charge him half for the utilities.
I've scheduled my vacation to Arkansas for October 24 - October 31.
I've also decided that since I'm toward the end of my time with Metabolic Research that I'm not buying more time. It's not worth the hassle and I'm only giving the program about 20%. I can do it at home. Told them this morning that I couldn't be there for the next couple of weeks.
Our 6 to 7 month old baby, born in March, is talking. She said Nana. I didn't think that they stated this early. Told sis I want her to say Nette too.
Our other baby is a little over two weeks and still tiny.
Our weather is really nice today. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the fall temperatures. I didn't plant mums but did set them in bigger pots and put them on the front porch. I need to water them. I need to do some more things outside just don't have the want to do it attitude.
Making stew for dinner tonight.

-------
Jean
Yes, this is his second time. I hope it is his last but his wife doesn't think so. Hope DH's next cataract surgery goes as well as mine did.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-03-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #25  

Good morning. It’s cooler today but not going to stay that way. It’s still going to be 85. We still have not had any rain and we really need it.

I have put together my grocery list so Jack can pick it up on Sunday and it’s nice not to have to fight the crowds. I know Jack ends up with his knees hurting by the time it’s all done but this way he just unloads it into the house and I put it away. I think he wants to get the car washed tomorrow. Lots of bug guts from our trip.

I finally got my friend’s airline tickets. I got a decent deal with American and she doesn’t have to drive to Chicago. She can fly out of South Bend. I wanted to fly her to Miami, but just couldn’t get everything lined up so she’s flying into Fort Lauderdale and we’ll drive up and get her. It’s about an hour’s drive. I also booked an all access tour of the ship for Jack and her and a cupcake decorating class for she and me. I still have to book the escape room for Jack but it’s not available yet. I can’t take the scooter on all access and can’t walk for 2 hours either. She doesn’t want to do the escape room and once again I can’t. We don’t have plans to do excursions just go into shopping areas.

I have the baby blanket about 1/3 way done. It’s coming along.

CeeJay: Can’t believe the babies are growing so fast. Too bad his wife doesn’t want to encourage him. Does he do AA? I imagine that could help him a lot once he’s out.

Jean: I got a big out of the hummingbird shivering. Hope Bob’s surgery went well. It can be frustrating with Jack’s eating sometimes. I find or see these yummy recipes and look and see nope he won’t eat this or that. I did save a one pot beef stroganoff soup recipe that I’m going to try without the mushrooms. I’ll stick them in a bowl of my stuff. I may thicken the broth a bit to make it more stew like though.

Well everyone have a nice weekend!!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining BUT it is winter coat cold today! We didn’t get frost last night but some places close to us did. The rain, wind, and kittens have been hard on my flowers so didn’t bother to cover anything last night. Bob had his second cataract surgery this morning and I had the honor (?) of driving home again. I never used to mind driving over hill ‘n dale but was reminded that I don’t much like it any more. My old eyes get tired and Bob is not a good rider. It bothers me to have someone follow too close behind me or drive too slow in front of me. You can tell who is talking and texting that’s for sure!

Ceejay, does your nephew have a job waiting for him when he gets home? I would definitely charge him “rent” for letting him live in your home. I read somewhere years ago, that if babies are mobile early they will talk later and vice verse. Jason was one of four babies in our neighborhood; the other three were girls and talked early but were over a year old before they walked. Jason walked at 9 1/2 months but didn’t put words together, until almost two. Beth walked at 9 1/2 months to keep up with Jason and talked sooner too. All kids are different! Enjoy your babies, they grow up so fast. I don’t have good luck with mums, they never survive the winter. I need to work on my “get it done” attitude! Bob says his vision is fuzzy but better than a few hours ago.

“Gma,” Bob almost always sprays my car for bugs and heads to the car wash after we have been to South Dakota. The other night it rained so hard the bugs didn’t stick. I just read where airlines are down sizing their seats and attendants are concerned about safety as it will harder for people to evacuate in an emergency. I’m no where near tall but would hate to give up any more space to the seat in front of me. I hate when they lean back! What is the escape room you want to sign Jack for?

Bob is hinting about being hungry so guess that is my cue for food of some sort. Hope you’ve had a good day and enjoy your evening!
Old 10-05-2019, 06:19 PM   #27  

I've tried once to post but the cursor was jumping every where, then the font sizing went haywire and had to wait till they settled down to restart the post.
We just had a very nice thunder shower with heavy rain. The rain was much needed.
Sis had the boys overnight and took them home this afternoon and called to see if I wanted to go. Sure did. I had bought the baby some more diapers and baby wipes, plus I wanted to see the baby. Baby is still pretty as ever. Mom-ma appreciated the gift. She was also decent to be around. In my honest opinion, think this marriage is over. She's found a couple of houses that she likes but the house she is in hasn't sold. She's had a lot of lookers but I honestly think that location is the biggest downfall. If you didn't know where to go you would not know that the house was even there.
Again today I was told that things were still unsure about nephew coming home. I'm getting physically and mentally prepared either way.
I worked out in the yard this afternoon to clear up some tree limbs . They are ready to be taken to the recycle center. Also dug grass out of the "flower bed".

gma
Don't think AA would be a good fit for nephew. He lied to get a 3 month token.

Jean
Have a good afternoon.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-05-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #28  

Good morning. A very chilly 58 and heavy rain overnight for us. It’s only going to get up to 71, but summer temps aren’t over for us yet. It’s pretty windy right now and darn it I told Jack not to unlock the gate today so of course I have a couple things coming. Jack got the car washed on Saturday and it looks wonderful again. They do such a great job in and out I don’t mind the cost. He then picked up the grocery order on Sunday. We still have to vacuum seal our meat tonight after dinner. He didn’t feel like doing it yesterday.

I’m going to have to go out to Millington this week or next to the county clerk and renew my handicap tag. It expires on the 21st. It’s a good half hour drive out there, but not as busy.

Once the temps stay cool we are tackling the clothing issue upstairs and shampooing the carpets. It was so hot this year so early we just couldn’t do it. I’m going to put all the cruise clothes I bought together so I don’t have to hunt for them next year. For a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 1700 sq foot condo, they have the worst closets ever.

CeeJay: I bet it was fun seeing the baby. I sure miss not having little ones. I sent my great nieces each a Halloween book and that was fun picking them out. They’re toddlers, but old enough to be read too. I see as soon as it dries out I have to spray for weeds again. It’s an ongoing thing. I wish I could have flower beds, but I can’t keep them taken care of. We are thinking of tearing out the old deck and just put decking over the soil part. We shall see. Oh brother I see what you mean if he has sunk so low he lies about AA. Did he do it to try and stay in his wife’s good graces?

Jean: An escape room is all the rage right now. They have them all over the place and different themes. What happens is you are put in a big room with other players and locked in. It’s usually at least 6 players. You have to work together to solve clues to get out. You only have one hour. We did one on our last cruise, but it really didn’t work for me in the scooter. They have murder mystery ones, next year on the ship is an Apollo mission you have to solve to keep the spacecraft from blowing up. They have one in Chattanooga that are bootleggers and gmen. The one the last cruise was a space ship like Star Trek. It’s kind of hard to visualize. It is also not easy. We almost completed ours but ran out of time. Jay was a late talker and I think Kelly talked the minute she exited the womb. Funny how kids are so different.

Everyone have a good start to your week.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #29  

Our baby is upon all "fours" and is almost crawling. They are fun to watch at this age.
Got in my car after church yesterday and the low tire light was on. I just had the oil changed on Friday so I'm not sure what has happened. I'll drive by to let them check it out.
Our temperatures have dropped. This morning it was 44 degree's. I'm liking it. Going to turn the heat on to get the 65 degree chill out of the house.
Not sure who asked but as far as I know nephew still has his job.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #30  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it is very windy with 50 mph gusts this afternoon. Yesterday was a no wind, gorgeous fall day. I think the rain every day cycle has moved on. Yesterday it seemed like I was gone all day between church counting, a stop at the bank then the hospital, a P.E.O. meeting after lunch, and finally a visit to the new insurance office Bob was supposed to move to but didn’t. Today I’ve renewed my driver’s license and made a WM run. Bob is at the farm to help with harvest, so I won’t see him until later this afternoon. Maddy has a choir concert tonight so we will head that direction.

“Gma,” I’m not so sure I would do well in an escape room. I guess the fact I would be locked in would bother me the most. We did a couple of trivia rooms when we were on the cruise. Some people are so smart/good at that but not me. I really feel stupid when I rarely watch Jeopardy on tv. Once in awhile I know the question but not very often.

Ceejay, our mornings have been in the 40s for the last couple of weeks. If the sun comes out it does warm up quite a bit in the afternoon. I turn my furnace up a notch every morning to take the chill off. It just seems colder when it is still dark outside. I hope your nephew does have his job waiting for him. I think that would be a good focus point for him.

Today I need to do some clothes switching, summer with winter deciding what I need to leave handy for Maui packing in February. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!