Old 01-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,
The work week just seems to fly by and when I get home I dont want to get back on the computer so I read the posts on my phone and then I end up not posting because it takes so long to post from the phone.

We have really cold weather today,about 4 inches of snow overnight and about a 10th inch of ice under the snow.

The neighbor boys sholved for us...I pay them and DH cleaned the cars off so things are ready for DH and work in the morning..I have the day off as a holiday. Yeah!

Happy: drama at bingo! You didna good thing by just walking out. Now, my advice it to let someone else handle it. You have taken your turn.

Shad: are you connected yet with the outside world?

Ceejay: i always used those logs that Happy talked about in our fireplace..less mess and I felt safer using them. It is good that your newphew could instruct you on how to build and light the fire.

Annie: so nice to see you hear lady. Looking for a job anytime is so stressful...but in the time frame of November until about mid Feb it doesnt seem like much activity and that makes it more stressful.

Hang in there and know I am specifically praying about the best job for you to come your way soon.

Hi Laura: it sounds like the streatching class is working out the kinks....i think once it really gets going you will like it and the instructor will get better.

I am cleaning house today..time to get back to it.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #32  

Happy Monday everyone.

Happy - I'm glad your bronchitis is mostly cleared up. Sorry to hear about your crown broke!! BTW - did the dentists come up with a plan for you?? == I like the stretch class well enough. I was wearing my glasses during the 2nd class and that was stupid. It wasn't awful, but it's better without them. I know the instructor and class will get better each time, so I'm going to stick with it. == Yes, without knowing much about the Mediterranean diet, I'd guess it's a lot less restrictive as to entire groups of foods. We have a Costco membership and use it mostly for gas and the occasional rotisserie chicken. And a while back we bought frozen fish. Oh, and the socks and sport bras a couple weeks ago. We don't eat enough of the fresh produce to buy the large quantity packages there. I suppose we could organize ourselves and determine what kinds of stuff we could buy in quantity and split with our mothers... And I wonder if the pricing of warehouse-size packages of zip-lock freezer bags are comparable to the prices at W'mart. I'd have to run the numbers on that... On the other hand, it's probably a good thing not to go shopping there too much, as I know I'd walk out with a lot more than I went in for and eliminate the savings because of my impulse buys!! == Last weekend we had about 3 inches of snow and this weekend we had about 6 inches. == Yes, the foam roller would probably be effective if I could get past the "discomfort". == I imagine cherry tomatoes are about the only variety that has flavor. Followed by the roma variety. The rest of what you get at the store and in restaurants are the worst. == My hair must have a lot more gray now, the new growth shows up much more quickly. I'm thinking of what to do between salon touch-ups. Oh boy, sorry the bingo thing got too bad to deal with that night. Maybe the volunteer efforts should go elsewhere. Is it benefitting the senior center to offset the negatives - like the loss of volunteers who don't want to deal with the bad stuff anymore??

Annie - I hope you're feeling better. I'm sure things will pick up soon on the job front. I agree that going the temp route could be good if you're getting antsy and anxious about your situation. Keeping busy and bringing in something would alleviate your depression, and also take focus off your other worries - C's issues, etc. And we all know that as soon as you take something, another something else will come up - that's how it works. -- Get off the sofa during tv time and do some exercises - ab exercises, squats, hand weight exercises. You won't lose weight but you'll tighten things up, help your clothes fit better! == At least the Rams are still alive. Not happy about the outcome of the other game!!

Ceejay - Do you make your spaghetti sauce from scratch? Just curious. My bf grew up with old school Italian cooking (Sunday dinners at his grandparents) and he's not thrilled when I suggest throwing together a quick meal with store bought sauce. == How did you enjoy sitting by the fireplace with a nice blaze going? The thing about a wood-burning fire is having to leave the flue open until the fire is out. I think it sucks a lot of heat out of the house... I like that we converted our LR fireplace to a gas starter with ceramic logs. Fire or no fire, I've been thinking of a cup of homemade hot cocoa, and even bought a bag of the mini marshmallows. Still haven't done that yet. By the time I do, the marshmallows will probably be stale, lol.

Susie - I agree with you - I don't like to post here from my phone. == Hope you're enjoying your snowy day off. Nice you had neighbors shovel. Our snowblower has another issue and bf had to borrow our neighbor's machine again. For that favor, he cleaned off their two cars and cleared their driveway and sidewalk in addition to our property! I recently learned that there are now cell phone apps for snow removal...tempting to ditch the snowblower and all the repair and maintenance!

Hi Shad - have you gotten your internet stuff sorted out?? I hope the weather is nice out your way. Send a bit of the heat over here!!

Hi Dee, hope you're well.

My weekend was alright. I took Friday off for my doctor appointment - the allergy/asthma doctor. All is well with that, thankfully. I'm not out walking a lot in the cold air, so that helps my lungs and no asthma symptoms lately. The cold I was fighting came on Friday with runny nose/watery eyes. It was the worst on Saturday - some sinus pressure. Sunday was better and so is today, so I'm happy about that. I rested a lot over the weekend and didn't leave the house at all over the weekend after my Friday AM dr appointment and a stop at W'mart.

Back to work today, we don't get the MLK holiday. But it's nice that the train was rather empty and it's pretty quiet here in the office today. No stretch class tonight.

Nothing else to report, so I'll finally get this posted. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-21-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #33  

Hello Everyone
Posting from my phone again. I am riding to work with DH today. We used to ride together a lot and tend to do more of that when it is winter.

He gets dropped of and then it is about 12 more miles to my work.

I was off yesterday. I finished house cleaning and started a new book. It is fiction. Reading relaxes me.

I am also reading a nonfiction book, "Girl Go Wash Your Face"....on of those self motivation books. I am about half way through it.

I got a 30 min recumbent bike workout in yesterday. I am working on the commitment that for the next 30 days, 5 days a week I will do at least 30 min of cardio.

Laura: Glad to hear you are feeling better and the cold didnt escalate.

Seems that listening to your body and resting did the trick. I am trying to do more of listening to my body.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Cold and a bit snowy today. They are calling it "Hollywood Snow" - those pretty flakes that gently drift in the air. Looks nice until you step on them and go sliding on the ice that's underneath. I got word on my teeth. They have to fix the hard, intensive bite that I have which is loosening all my teeth. The cheapest route is $17,000 which is full dentures on top and 2 implants on the bottom to replace 4 molars I have missing. I am terrified to have all my teeth yanked and I know I would not be happy with dentures. My 4 front teeth need to be pulled for sure as I have worn the front 2 down to practically nothing because of the terrible overbite I have - over time I have scraped away most of the enamel which is why the one is broken now. And I have big gaps with the other 2 teeth next to them so they get pulled to in order to make a more sturdy structure be it a bridge, partial or implants (the most costly option but the most sturdy in the long run). And then in order to change my bite they have to make my teeth bigger/longer. That means replacing 13 existing crowns. Yes most of the teeth in my mouth are crowns because over time with gaps and my dental issues teeth have shifted, pressure points have been created and teeth have chipped and broken. So 13 crowns and potentially 6 implants will cost me around $45,000. And dental insurance which costs me over $800 a year pays about $2,000 in benefits. And I turn 65 this year so the dental insurance they offer pays little more than routine check ups and cleanings so this means the cost of this is on my dime. Why didn't you address this earlier you might wonder? No matter when I did it, it would have been an expensive undertaking. A fancy cosmetic surgeon would have probably charged even more - would I have been willing to spend that much money? Probably not. I didn't realize until now how bad it really was. Also I suspected about 2 years ago I'd have to do something and asked my dentist at the time. He is a regular family dentist and this was out of his league so he never really gave me any advice or referred me to an oral surgeon for follow up. I will have to take the money (plus extra to pay taxes) to pay for this. Means I have to die a few years earlier than planned but at least I will have decent teeth If I was 5 years older I might think twice about this. I do want to take care of this before I have to deal with any complications like heart issues or blood thinners or problems with anesthesia although they said everything would be done probably with novacaine or twilight gas (which doesn't work for me - another concern about getting them all yanked out). They are ready to start work any time I tell them I am ready. I am just fiddling with the numbers to decide what might be the best way to pay for this. They offer a 5% discount if you pay up front but if I take all the money out at once, it will bump us into another tax bracket (withdrawals from retirement funds count as income for taxes) so the bump in taxation could be more than the 5 percent discount which would be better than to take it out in portions as we go along. So that's that. I still need a new car and washer and dryer and DH is very unhappy with his Ford truck and wants to swap it out if we sell the almost new pontoon in the spring for next to nothing... Always something, eh? Work so hard for your money, so hard to save up and then whoosh can be gone. BUT... I am grateful that I can plan and space this out. There are people who lose everything due to fire or storms or just watch everything whittle away while they tread water trying to stay afloat and I am not in that position so I thank God for that. I did get a $22 raise in my monthly social security and my medical insurance should go down by a few hundred once I go on Medicare in April so I will find a way...

Did bingo at the bar (another fundraiser for the senior center) last night. It was a much smaller crowd. Got off to a rocky start at first - disorganized, wrong people talking to each other who had different expectations but in the end we got it smoothed out. The bar owners are good people "south side Chicago" like me and I appreciate their willingness to help out the center. Will work harder to promote it. Thing is they want to do this every Monday until Memorial Day the end of May. I was hoping every other Monday through the end of March. I can't seem to get out from under the volunteering. More drama with personality issues and conflicts at the Senior Center. I feel sorry for the ladies in charge, it's wearing on them too.

Heard a bunch of squawking in the yard. Looked out and 7 male turkeys are standing on a snow pile out there pushing each other off and playing "king of the hill". They are making the noise of a flock of 150 I tried to take a video but when they saw me in the window they broke up the fight.

Susie - "Girl Go Wash Your Face" - what an interesting title for a book. Let us know what you think, I am intrigued. Nice that you and DH can ride in together - do you talk or is it just the morning gads I'm sleepy auto pilot commute in? Good for you for setting a cardio goal! Are you finding you get more steps in now that you are in the new building? Sometimes I'd walk to the restrooms at the far end of the place I worked at if I had the time or didn't wait until the last possible minute

Laura - I hear you on the Costco membership and the overspending. I don't get too much in the way of produce there either - most everything is packaged in just too large of a quantity for us to use up before it spoils. I did get a large bag of brussel sprouts besides the cherry tomatoes and a single fresh pineapple that I am force feeding DH ! I will eat the tomatoes before they dry up and start to wither and will have to make a supper of mostly roasted brussel sprouts for me. Even the meat is packaged in too large of a quantity. They did renovate our Sam's club with fresh fish and meat counters so you can buy individual portions which I like. Hmmm I have no good advice for brunettes with the outgrowth issue. It was easier to mesh the blonde into the white that I have so it wasn't so obvious but gray against brunette is harder to cover up unless you changed out your haircolor and mixed high and lowlight ins so that your color was more mixed. And that would probably fry your hair anyway. Good advice to Annie about keeping things tight! Oh you poor thing with BF being old school Italian with his sauce. My BIL is Italian and while my sister still makes her own sauce, sometimes when they order catering she will get a quart of restaurant sauce which is an acceptable substitute. And then there is the magic of the green box of Kraft Spaghetti dinners which we all love Glad to hear your asthma is under control. Getting sick has to be a scary thought - are you prone to bronchitis?

Ceejay - during these really cold nights I have taken to either putting my blanket in the dryer for about 30 minutes on high and then running into bed (because the blanket only stays warm about 5 minutes). It's a wonderful feeling. Or I have a neck thing with those beads in it - I warm it for 2 minutes in the microwave and wrap it around my neck. It is warm and soothing and helps me fall asleep quickly while keeping at least a part of me warm. You should try it. Sleeping with socks also helps keep you warmer although halfway through the night I wake up too warm. Did you make your meatloaf?

Anne - good to hear from you the other night. We were texting a bit while watching the football game and making jokes. Still sending good thoughts your way about finding gainful employment. I have a couple of stickers around the house in various places that my yoga teacher gave me to remind me to stop and take a few deep breaths. I have added to that saying a small prayer for you so that quadruples the good vibes being sent your way. Are you getting whalloped with these recent snowstorms too? Bet Sassy Girl ain't happy about that...

We have having lunch at the Senior Center today and then I have to head over to the president of the Humane Society's house to figure out how we will transition her mailing list to something more universal we can all utilize for various reasons. We are in the deep freeze with no end in sight. I haven't used my hot tub in over 2 weeks. Need to open it up and add chemicals - the windows are already all frozen up from the condensation of just using the dryer and warm damp air. No relief in sight for temps higher than the teens so guess I will just bite the bullet and deal with it.

That's about it for me. Have a nice week - stay warm or cool in your case Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I cheat and use the jar spaghetti sauce. I don't like to cook but have been lately to keep me from going to fast food. But I try to take short cuts.

Happy
Ouch on the prospective dental bill. My bill last year was high but not that much. I almost had a heart attack but my teeth are good now. It took awhile for me to get an okay to start going every six months but I did that in December. I 'm really disappointed in my dental insurance. They paid less than 50 percent and on some things nothing at all. on others.

-Annie
Sending good vibes on the job hunt.

Susie
I am grateful that my nephew lives close enough to help me with things. I never had that in Arkansas.I will be using the fireplace this week. Temps are going to be colder
-----------------
My nephew stopped by the house yesterday. He needed a place to land for awhile while their house was being cleaned. His oldest son was running a fever. He thought he had an ear infection and his youngest son was here too. He needed to run an errand so I told him to let me keep the boys with me. He told them that they would go to MCD when he got back. I went with them. I really enjoy those two little boys. However, the 6 year old is chest high on me now.
After they left I went to the gym and grocery store. The wind was around 40 mph and brutally cold. Wished I had stay inside. My body was cold to the bone when I got home.
We had snow on the ground yesterday but this morning it's mostly gone. It warmed up during the night.
I've had a couple of business task to take care of this morning that has been partially been taken care of. The main office is telling me not to pay any more but the place where I'm sending my money says pay it. I've gotten 2 refund checks back from the main office. I've asked the place where I mail the check to to send me all information that I have on my account. I'm going to get to the bottom of this even if I have to make a trip to Paragould.
I'm going to have to do something with the wood in the office area of the house. It bothers my sinuses if I'm in here to long of a time.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #36  

Afternoon all. Well, we’ve got some nasty winter weather this week. Freezing rain yesterday and it took forever for me to scrape the car windows last night after work. And that included a kind person helping me a bit! Not looking forward to Friday and the weekend because it’s going to be *really* cold those days. Oh well, winter in the Midwest. Nothing much to report. Had a reminder in my calendar since FALL to start my Sambucol regimen and finally I heeded it and had bf order some from Amazon and I started it this morning. The corner of our living room that had the Christmas tree now looks so bare every time I look over there. I think I’ll shop for a good quality fake ficus tree. Actually, I’ll check craigslist first…Susie – Ugh, I don’t envy you your driving commute. Nice that you and your dh drive together in the winter. I’m not much of a non-fiction reader in my leisure time (except for the Sunday newspaper), but the title of that book has me curious. I’ll see what goodreads says about it. Good for you recommitting to your workouts! Yeh, I think the rest helped with the cold. And I wonder if those dissolving zinc tabs helped make it milder? Happy – Yes, major ouch on the dental issues and their cost! Did the chipping/breaking happen when you slept or during waking hours while eating, etc? I’ve worn a nightguard for years because of the grinding, but I already had some damage from before that. Anyway, in your case, I don’t know why something so serious isn’t considered a medical issue and isn’t covered to a greater extent under your medical insurance. I guess they figure as long as it didn’t lead to life-threatening health issues and is considered largely cosmetic, they just don’t care. Yes, you are fortunate to be able to figure out a plan to handle it financially. So many people are not so fortunate. == Too bad you couldn’t get video of the turkeys playing king of the hill!! == I’ve heard of the green box Kraft spaghetti dinner, but never experienced it. My mom’s favorite “convenience” item back in the day was the Campbell’s cream of chicken soup, LOL. == Yeh, when I get sick with a cold or other virus, I do worry about my asthma flaring up. I’m being very diligent with my maintenance inhaler! Stay warm! I think I have one of those things you warm in the microwave. I need to dig it out for my bedtime. Our bedroom is cooler than the rest of the house as it’s the furthest from the furnace, and with my side of the heated mattress pad not working, I need something else to pre-warm the bed!! Ceejay – There are a ton of good jarred spaghetti sauces available now, so I’d say more people use that than make their own most of the time. Way back when, I only remember seeing Ragu (spagettios didn’t count!), and my mom just made her own. Hers (and mine) was nothing fancy – ground beef, cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and all the dried herbs and spices – so it wasn’t a big deal to make (pre-bf, LOL). == I’m glad you’re keeping up with your dental. I need to get my mom back on track – I’m pretty sure she hasn’t been to the dentist since she moved here. – Brave of you getting out in the winter weather to work out! I’ve been skipping because of my cold and the crap weather. Yesterday we had freezing rain and I considered hacking away at my car’s windows after work to be my workout!!!Hellos to the rest of you. As Happy said – stay warm, and Shad – stay cool. Off to cut and pasted and post! No time to re-format, so sorry if this looks funky. TTYL.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #37  

Laura
My nephew had the boys here Monday and the oldest one was sick and coughing. I'm coughing today. Hope it doesn't amount to much. Since you mentioned the other brand name, I use the Prego brand. Yuck for having to scrape off the windshields in this cold weather.
Susie
Good for you in recommitting to your exercise routine. I''m going to ride my bike for thirty minutes a little later this afternoon. Meant to yesterday but the time got away from me.

----
I woke up cold this morning so I got up to look at the thermostat. It read 64. The heater needs some maintenance done on it but I have the fireplace so I tried my hand at lighting a fire in the fireplace. Texted sis and let her know. She's been dragging her feet on getting it repaired.
Think I have caught what ever my nephew's son had the other day, at least his cough.
This is about it for me. Trying to stay warm.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yes I am back on the computer and internet and the phone goes as well. A very nice repair man came out on Monday and test the cables and said there was a short circuit but it wasn't outside the house. Oh of course not, one needs to pay to get things done inside the house. Anyway, he came in and spotted the problem immediately on walking through the door. Idiot here (me) had plugged the modem cable back in the wrong grey box. Well as I said, I knew it was to go in a grey box and I was certain that that is where it came out of but apparently not. It came from the other grey plug in place. Yeehaa, cable, internet and phone back in about 2 minutes. Lesson learned. He spent a fair amount of time with me talking about how the NBN would work for me. NBN - National Broadband Network. A previous government had decreed we should all have technology into the house, business, school, everywhere. So they set about cabling the entire country. Naturally enough when it came time for a general election, the new and the new government said fibre optic cable is too expensive to give to the plebs (us) we will take it to the nearest power pole and then copper wire to the houses. It's our turn to get it put on soon so the cabling has been done and they have dug up bits of my garden to extend the cable through the existing phone cable lines. At least it is underground. Naturally enough, the older folk are confused. They don't have computers or mobile phones, they just have the landlines and now they have to have a box attached to the side of their house, another black box inside the house, and a modem just to use their phone. NBN is NOT getting rave reviews from the general population, although it is improving.

I've been tiling in the laundry and doing minor maintenance around the house this week, generally early in the morning until it gets too hot and the cat and I just laze around until it gets bearable again. I start the French lessons Friday week and Yoga lessons today (I think). The cooking lessons I wanted to do are not going ahead this time so I will have to find something else to do.

Annie - good to see you back and posting. Things will look up job wise in the near future. Believe in yourself and also, December January is a hard time to be looking for work. And you will get that weight off soon.

Happy - So sorry to hear of the dental woes. It's always something when we get older. Hope you can string out the payments to save yourself some money and some interest on savings. I think I would have said rude things to the bingo people and also to the senior people. Seems that volunteers should always be doing more. You've stretched yourself far enough and now it is time to give yourself some slack. Hope the boat sells quickly, you have some hideous expenses there with cars, boats, teeth, house and all those other things.

Laura - Must be awful having to scrape ice and snow off the vehicle when you are just ready to go to work or out to play or just coming home for the evening. Hope the weather clears up and isn't to bad for the rest of the winter. Must be nice to be cool tho'.

Susie - Hope the weather isn't treating you too badly either. Good idea commuting with the DH. Less stress all round.

Ceejay - good to know you can safely light the fire now. Thanks to the nephew for training you. Hope you get over that cold/ flu soon,

Well we are now into the eighth week of our horrendous heatwave. Still no rain in sight. We haven't got down past thirty (90F more or less) in ages. Still I shouldn't complain - although I do, the sweating and the lack of sleep is taking it's toll. But spare a thought for those out west of here who are getting it much worse than us and who have been in drought for years. They are getting up to 49C (around 135F) for weeks now. We are all looking forward to Autumn (such as it is here) around the end of Feb. The country has had drought, floods, earthquakes, huge daytime temps, fires, slips, etc. You name it, we've had it. The monsoon is finally getting here up North so maybe we will get some reasonable weather soon. Not looking forward to my water bill at all.

And I guess at this point I should also write the bad news. I am going to have to put off my trip to USA and Canada until our Spring/ your Autumn at least. I planned out the itinerary, sourced the stops and sights I wanted to see and there just isn't enough money in the budget at the moment to do all the things. I've also lost Carla49/ Carol's address, through the computer crash so I can't let her know either. Unless of course she is reading this. Better email me your address if you are Carol!!!!! I still do not have my 2016/2017 emails back. As well as the budget situation, I have to go to hospitals for tests in both May and June and because they are so understaffed and over worked there, I can't change the appointments anyway. I'm sad and annoyed about it all. But maybe I should not have bought the car or paid cash for it. Too late, now done.
Okay, better get off this computer and get going on the house work before the heat hits 37C (104F) again like it did yesterday and the day before. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #39  

Smile

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe how fast the work week flew by and now the weekend. I have a busy week coming up this week as we have the Perfumer House suppliers coming in for meetings every day. We have two a day coming Monday-Thursday. I have been busy with secuing rooms, ordering in-house catering for breakfast, lunch, and AM and Morning breaks. Also, helping to prepard the content that is needed to be shared via PowerPoints. Then there is my other job where I do all the work for my Director.

I did manaege four 30 min workouts this week; then we didn't have a TOPS meeting on Thursday due to the weather and our local schools closing. If school closes due to winter we cancel the meeting I was disappointed as I would have shown a loss. I will need to be careful with all that work food around this week so I can maintain the loss I would have had last week and hopefully add to it for this week.

I am not feeling well today; my IC is flared up and when that happens it feels lke a UTI. I am trying to take it easy today and using all the things I can to give me relief.....Uristat, heating pad and just rest...and drinking water and making sure I don't eat anything acidic. Cold weather seems to flare it up for me as well. I looked back at dairies and I seem to deal with it more in January -March.

I am still reading the "Girl Wash your Face book", I had a couple of fiction books that a friend dropped off for me to read.. She and I like reading the same books and authors so we share books back and forth. I actually read a couple of chapters this morning. Since it is a "self-help" type of book, I am taking my time reading it and picking out what I want to apply from a couple of chapters that I just read and see how it works out for me.

Happy: Holy moley that is a lot of money for the teeth repairs.....I would say you will be able to go to Hollywood after all that work and be a Movie Star!

I like that you are focusing on what you will be able to do to get it done and the blessing that you do have.

Laura: Scraping ice from a windshield after you have worked all day and it is cold and dark and you just want to go home stinks! I have to do that as well; winter and working and commuting is hard and tiring. Come on Spring! I can't blame you for not going back out to work out once you get home or even in the car to go home.

Ceejay: I hope you didn't catch a cold from the nephew and his boys. I didn't realize you were having issues with some sort of issue with mail and somehting being overpaid?

Shad: Glad to hear the connetivity issues were easily fixable. It is good you had the repair man come out...anymore, they want to trouble shoot those issues with you when you are on the phone and sending signals out and such. That broadcast system thing does sound a bit complicated,

My brother is trying to get me to give up my cable for watching TV and get a Roku or whatever that thing is and then get Youtube TV and NetFlicks and such. I am thining about it but it seems like I will need to become more techincal with the "hardware" end of things. I'm ok with software but no so much hooking things up and such. Oh well....I can learn.

Hi to Annie and Dee!

I am going to try and get the kitchen cleaned up and then do some resting again...I MUST feel better by tomorrow so nothing strenerous today.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #40  

Morning all. Weather has been more wintery than usual. We had more snow on Saturday evening, and more overnight and this morning. I got out earlier than usual to clear the car, but I couldn't get out of the driveway, even after shoveling a little bit around the tires. Bleh. Had bf drop me off at the train. Our snowblower is still not operating. Bf took it to the guy to have the blade repaired a while back, but unbeknownst to bf, the belt came off (not discovered until the next time he went to use it). He purchased a new belt, but hasn't installed it yet. Pretty sure bf if procrastinating on this because it's not an ideal time to do the repairs in the cold garage. But he just needs to get the space heater (or maybe two of them) into the garage and get that done because we now have a lot of snow to remove and I don't think we should borrow our neighbor's machine again!...I just sent him a text "reminding" him, and saying this is the warmest it's going to be for the rest of the week, hint hint.

My weekend was alright. Saturday was a hair appointment (touch-up/trim) and then other errands. Didn't do much else the rest of the day as it was rather cold. Same for Sunday. I did a load of laundry and got on my stationary bike at home for 20 minutes. Oh, our laundry sink was draining very very slowly and it was at this point that we realized we didn't have one of those mesh lint traps on the washing machine drain pipe. Sigh. But bf got that cleared out, thankfully. Another thing I'd noticed - even after we replaced part of our whole-house humidifier - was that the drain tube for it was draining a LOT of water, not just the usual light dribble. So I did a test by having it drain into a 2-gallon bucket. In just over a half hour, the bucket was full. That's at least 2 or 3 times as much as it should. Sigh.

BF and I got out later for a quick lunch and more errands, including Home Depot for the mesh bags. I finally bought different bed post finials for our spare bedroom's daybed. The previous ones I bought years ago (to replace the ugly faux brass globes on it originally) were square and pointy and a bit too large in scale. I'd poked myself on the corner of them more than once...Anyway, replaced those with smaller, flatter, rounded finials, sort of like small doorknobs.

BF researched the humidifier issue and determined the part that needs replacing and ordered it. He's done that replacement before for a client of his, so he knows how to do it, so yay for that. With the 10% humidity reading at the office, I at least need the humidity at home to be sufficient. Oh yeh, I ordered a small humidifier for my desk at work!

---
Ceejay - Saw the photo on FB of your blazing fire - nice! -- Hope your cough isn't too bad. -- I see it's not going to be quite as cold in your neck of the woods, yay for that.

Shad - Well, at least the internet connection fix wasn't a big deal. Did you mark the correct port with something in case you need to disconnect for some reason in the future? My mom is big on marking things with highlighter, marker or nail polish, LOL. I admit to using a dot of White Out here and there... == How was yoga? == Ugh, that heat sounds awful, and I think I saw a blurb about fires in Tasmania? I don't mind cleaning snow and ice off the car, but it's annoying that parts of you get cold while the rest of you gets all hot and sweaty and gross from the physical efforts while wearing layers of clothing and all the outerwear one wears in the cold weather. == I'm sorry to hear you're going to have to put off your trip here for a bit. But the needs need to come first!!

Susie - Sounds like a busy week ahead for you!! Just remember to come up for air once in a while (especially with the perfume folks in the building, LOLOL! -- Good job on the workouts. Bummer that you didn't get to register your loss at TOPS last week. Keep on track and you will hopefully be able to show an even nicer loss this Thursday. I hope you get the IC under control before it starts making you too miserable.

Hellos to Annie, Happy & Dee!!
==
Tonight is supposed to be the stretch class...right now I'm not feeling up for going back outside after I get home from work, but we'll see how the day goes. I guess I'm kind of in hibernation mode right now, and will be especially this week when it's really cold on Wed & Thursday. I certainly have exercise options at home, so I'll go that route. Yesterday I used the Nordic track stationary bike (the one I "returned" for full credit last year and for which I received "destroy authorization" instead of having to return). The bike is okay as long as I use the lowest resistance levels. However, I don't like the seat at all - the shape is odd and I find I want to push my tush (I rhymed!) back on it, but the shape doesn't allow for that. Anyway, I guess I can get a bit of cardio on it during this time when I don't want to trek out to the fitness center. And when I do go back to the fc, I'll take note of the shape of the seat on the bike I normally use to see how it differs from the Nordic track. Maybe I can switch out the seat??

It's quiet here in the office today. The boss is out of town on a 3-day work thing in a warm place. The other two are working from home today. I'll be bringing my laptop home every day this week because I may work from home on one or two of the really cold days.

That's enough rambling for me. Everyone stay warm, except Shad - stay cool! And everyone be safe!! TTYL.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-28-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #41  

I'm going to be in Branson for a few days. Sis wants me to wait for the heater service repairman. I'm not sure if something is wrong or just for the usual winter check up for the unit. It was very windy on the way down today.
Still sick, mainly coughing. It's mainly in my throat.
I had a phone call yesterday stating that they were from a well known software company telling me that they needed to reassign me a new IP address and that I had viruses and trojans on it. I have a very good virus protection on the computer. I'm going to do a deep scan in a few minutes but when I checked while ago there were no viruses.

Laura
It's not supposed to get as cold in Branson as it is in Battlefield. I'm a bit more north. I'm a wimp when the weather gets this cold. especially when I dona't feel good. I don't envy your snow or driving in it.

Hello's to the rest

Shad
Stay cool.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #42  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello girls.

Colder than h&llo here. School has been called off tomorrow. -35-40 below zero with wind chills. Not my cup of coffee.

Had a positive phone interview with HR of a company yesterday. I have a phone interview tomorrow with the hiring manager. Fingers crossed.

Visited my bro last week in St. Louis. He is still so sad about the loss of his wife Fe. To be expected. It has only been 3 months. We made a very minute dent in the kitchen cabinets. Shuwee she was a hoarder. Who knew? 14 bags of trash from only 4 single cabinets. Plus the back end of my SUV is full. Giving it all to a friend for her son that is just starting out in an apartment.

Omgosh HAPPY. It made me nauseous to read about your teeth repair and cost. Holy moly.

Always comes down to the almighty buck that we go or don’t have.

SHAD. Fall is a nice time of year if you make it before about mid October.

Hello to all. On my phone and I dislike posting from here.

Love you ladies.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #43  

Morning all.

Ceejay - That phone call sounds like a scammer... == Too bad you couldn't just stay home during this cold and while you're sick. At least it's not as cold in Branson.

Annie - Fingers re the job opportunity. Also sending === Nice you visited your brother. Super nice you helped him do some cleanup. == Stay warm! == Yep, don't like doing a lot of typing on my phone. Short texts are more than enough typing on the cell for me.

Happy - Check in please! Hope you're keeping warm up there!

==
Nothing much to report. Around 3:30 yesterday afternoon we received an email for an early dismissal so we could get home before it got too cold for transportation to become an issue. Glad they did that because I've gotten a ton of alerts from Metra - switching problems, mechanical issue, etc. On Monday, we were also told to work from home today and tomorrow. So I'm at home. I have my old monitor, docking station, keyboard & mouse set up in our home office and everything is going well. I miss my old keyboard and mouse!!! So much better than my new one at the office. Oh well...

Stretching class was cancelled on Monday. I got a very late cancellation phone call, but I'd already decided not to attend, so it was no biggie. I would have been ticked if I still intended to go because the call was so late that I would have been en route.

The house is warm and cozy, but with the humidifier turned off because of the issue we're having, it's quite dry. I'm drinking a lot of water.

No evening plans except to stay indoors. We had to move all our canned sodas and seltzers inside from the 3-season room. It's so cold in there that the cans can freeze and explode. Good thing bf bought soda yesterday at the grocery. Otherwise the stuff that was already out there would have been forgotten (out of sight, out of mind) - until we heard a pop and seen frozen liquid on the floor. (That happened last year.)

Okay, back to work. TTYL.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-30-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #44  

Afternoon
It's only 17 degree's right now and I shouldn't be complaining, cause it is much colder else where.
The repairman came yesterday and serviced the heater. He replaced one thing in side and one thing outside. I was running okay till sis turned it down during the night and I haven't gotten warm since. She likes it cooler than I do.
I'm still coughing but I do feel lots better.

Anne
Keeping fingers crossed with and about the job interviews. Stay warm. That's too cold.

Laura
I have the Roku. They are very easy to set up. However, I did go back to my cable for certain shows.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:04 AM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

2nd phone interview went very well. Face to face tomorrow Friday the 1st. Please keep the good vibes. Prayers. And good thoughts coming. Thank you. They sent me an email of their benefits. They are awesome. Oh yeah!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote