Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

This is a long weekend for me as I took Friday off to go with Genny to her 6 month cancer check -up. All clear! Praising the Lord for that! We had a very nice time as we went to dinner after the appointment at a local place called Cap City Dinner; we each enjoyed a margarita (mine was Raspberry) and it was really good.

I am off work today for the President's Day holiday. I am finishing cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen and then doing some more decluttering in the home office. That room just won't stay uncluttered!

This afternoon I need to run to the Verizon Store. I have done something to my screen on my phone. It is like it is split and no matter what I do can't merge it back into one screen and with it split I can't maneuver around. I am sure it is a simple fix; but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I got my treadmill workouts in yesterday and today...I am on a roll...good thing to as I noticed a roll about my waist line that must go!!

Happy: I saw your Valentine pictures on Facebook. The venue looked really nice and I thought you and DH did as well. I was laughing so hard when reading about all the outfits at the dinner. I used to work at a quarry and we had a very nice Christmas party every year that I planned at a State Lodge where everyone could stay overnight if they wanted to. We had a cocktail hour. a sit down dinner and then a band. The company paid for everything and if you stayed the night we paid half of the room.

When I planned the first one, I sent a flyer home in paychecks 6 weeks out with the date of the party and I stated that I planned to be dressy and I hoped everyone would look spiffy too as we were planning a very special evening for everyone and wanted to take a lot of pictures; I assured everyone we wanted to have a lot of fun and it wouldn't be stuffy.

I wore a long black velvet dress and my husband wore dark slacks and a white shirt and tie with a jacket---the tie came off pretty quickly after dinner but I was ok with that. We like to dress up, and we had some that followed suit and some did not, but most work slacks and dress shirts and most ladies wore nice pantsuits or a dresses..there were some that wore their "club attire" and as the evening went on, some went back to their rooms and changed into jeans and their flannel shirts but all in all, it worked out and we had so much fun. I planned the event for the next 7 years and each year, more and more people dressed up.

I can tell you I was wondering what we would get with those quarry guys! Sending the note home so their wife's knew what was going on was genuis on my part...Always get the wife's involved is my motto!

I am going to google you and DH so I can read your articles.

Ceejay: That is exciting news that there will be a new baby coming for your family. I just love babies! I hope you are feeling better and the meds took care of the sinus issues. Remember to drink plenty of water so you can get that stuff moving out of the sinus.

Laura: I hope you are enjoying your President's day holiday too!

Hi Annie: I really miss you! Hugs!!!! Pop in when you can. I am still praying for that job that I know is out there for you.

Hi Shad: I love seeing your flower pictures on Facebook.

Hi Dee; I hope you are doing well. I do see you on Fitbit and I joined the Work Week challenge with you this week!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing exciting today except for the sunshine
The sinus med did well so I'm only going to take a half of one tonight to see if it will push this on out of my system.
Need to get busy doing the laundry.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #78  

Afternoon all. Nothing exciting going on. My weekend was alright. Saturday we planned for going out to lunch and then to two stores. Of course that turned into 4 stores. We both had shopping to do at our last store - Kohl's. I finally bought some new bras. I do hate shopping for bras! I purchased all underwires. I still want to buy a few wire-free, however, because they're just more comfortable.

Sunday was just some housework, about 10 min. on the stationary bike and a Margaret Richard workout. When I woke up Sunday morning, there was enough snow that I couldn't see my newspaper in the driveway. Also I'm at the end of the subscription, so I wasn't even sure it had been delivered. So I didn't bother to go out front and take a better look for it. Well, turns out it was delivered because bf went out to use the snowblower and the paper - and the plastic bag it was wrapped in - got eaten up by the snowblower and the shredded paper was all over the place, LOL. Bf wasn't very happy and he called me out to help clean it up....

Monday was a holiday and I was a sloth all day because I was sore from my workout.

Susie - How exciting you're saving to travel to Denmark!! There are so many places I'd love to travel to. My bf is one of those people that thinks a trip overseas would need to be a month or longer, so essentially it would need to be after retirement. I disagree...but haven't done anything about resolving that difference of opinions. Re the bonus - no specific plans. A lot of things to do around the house, so I suppose I should sock it away for one of the bigger projects, which is a top to bottom remodel of our full bath. Good job with the workouts!!

Happy - Your Valentine's dinner sounded really special. And the people-watching is a big bonus!! Hope all goes well with the ski race and isn't too much of a hassle for you. Didn't find your dh's newspaper story...

Ceejay - Glad the meds are helping with the sinuses. Loved our sunshine yesterday - with the snow it was so bright outside!

Hellos to the rest of you!

Okay, time to post and get out of the office! TTYL.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-19-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #79  

Morning
I'm still feeling groggy from the sinus med but it sure is helping. Told sis that this is the first time in awhile that I've been this clear.
Went to the gym yesterday and rode the bike for 20 minutes and treadmill for 20 minutes. and did 2 weight machines.
We had more sleet yesterday but the streets look good this morning. I bought groceries yesterday so I'm going to try and stay on my food plan. Grabbing things on the run is getting old and I'm getting to much sodium this way. I'm up a pound each day that I do this. Yesterday I had cashew chicken and I only had breakfast. So I'm pretty sure it was the sodium.

Laura
I say it is okay to enjoy your day off by not doing any thing. You deserve that.

Hello's to the rest.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #80  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Gads we are getting MORE snow. I am so tired of snow and cold. Monday after bingo I was walking to the car and there was black ice on the sidewalk - sheer ice from dripping from the awning of an unoccupied store. I felt my feet slip out from under me and it was sheer thin ice so I went flying down hard on the cement. Banged my hands, wrists and knees up. I am sore but I don't believe I broke anything. It happened so fast I could not get my footing. I have to go out today - they are installing new credit card machines at the thrift shop and shelter - I'm not sure how I got to be recruited into this. Oh yeah, the person who would do this is sitting in warm Arizona in their winter home enjoying life at the moment. I am headed out into a storm. I am at the breaking point of this whole volunteer business and am about to chuck everything besides bingo.

DH looked out the window and was very happy to see a pileated woodpecker on the feeder. A pileated is a huge bird - black and white with a big red plume on it's head - looks like the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker. The bird is about as large as your arm - elbow to fingertip so quite big in the bird world. It was munching away on the suet feeder he has out there. But then the turkey boys came and 9 of them made the woodpecker too fearful even tho she was high in the sky on the feeder pole well away from the turkeys. DH was beside himself with joy.

I have cut back on what I'm eating and I seem to still be gaining a bit of weight - about a pound every other week. I can't do this, guess I have to rethink everything and come up with a new plan and sink this ship. I am very frustrated at the moment. Frustrated that I called the dentist last week to start treatments and they promised but never called me back with appointments. This is the second time they dropped the ball and I am questioning whether I picked the wrong dental group. I returned the Dell laptop I ordered and can't track whether they got it online so I had to call customer service. Got bounced around but finally got a helpful person. They charge your credit card immediately when you place an order but then they take 2 weeks to receive the order back and another 10 to 15 days to credit your account back. Meanwhile I have a $2,000 charge sitting on my credit card I'm not paying nor am I paying interest on. I called the credit card company and got a foreign person on the phone with a heavy accent. He said to dispute it and sent me to another department where I waited a long time on hold only to find that first guy was wrong. Call back if the credit doesn't show up before my next billing statement. They NEED people like Anne out there to run things properly - yet here she sits waiting to hear about a job. This world is topsy turvy.

I'm sorry - I am in a bad mood.

Ceejay - if your nose is stuffy I suggest you give Afrin nasal spray a try. You use it twice a day and it really does clear the congestion without the coma like effects of sinus medicine. That is of course only if you don't have a sinus infection - just regular run of the mill stuffiness. Hope you feel better.

Laura - oh no with the newspaper mess. Good thing it didn't bind up the blades! You probably could not find DH because it wasn't a feature article like mine was. He was in photos related to an art show in town. You sure have been getting some crappy weather this year!

Susie - I am so glad that Genny has a clean bill of health! The power of prayer for sure. Did you get your phone fixed? That would drive me nuts. I have to find a kid to get things fixed on my phone

Hate to be short but I have to get ready to go out. It's snowing hard. This is NOT the day to have to go through town and travel. Extra hassles because they blocked off main street getting ready for the ski races starting tomorrow. Maybe I should take a tranquilizer

Hope you all have a good day!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:02 PM   #81  

bumping us up
Went to the gym for a good work out. Completed 20 minutes on both the treadmill and bike, then did 3 weight machines.
Going to a Valentine's breakfast that was rescheduled from last week because of bad weather. Will be sharing a ride with a couple of friends.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:29 AM   #82  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Will someone please turn the heat off? We are all so tired of it, and to add to the heat we have a cyclone tracking along the coast. The winds are here, the sea is in turmoil but it is not giving us any rain. We were up to 83 days with temperatures above 30C (about 90F give or take) and had at least a dozen days where the temp was over 35 (105F more or less) then we had a little patch of rain and the temp dropped to 29C for a couple of days and now we are back in the mid thirties for 40 odd days. My poor garden is dying The winds are ferocious and a few branches have broken off the big trees in the front yard and a few hanging pots have been blown off their hooks and scattered across the yard. Okay, weather report done and dusted I won't whinge anymore.

French lessons are going okay. I did take French at school, close on 55 years ago if not more. You don't forget a lot of the words however I have forgotten a lot of the verb tenses and this teacher dwells on verbs not words which doesn't do a lot for my head - which is spinning by end of class. I was never much good at speaking it but I can read much of it and translate it although sometimes I get things completely wrong which can be quite funny sometimes. I'll keep with this class for the rest of the term and make a decision as to whether to move to a more basic class for the next term or not Speaking of French, better do my on line course shortly too. Duo Lingo allows you to learn a language (and it is free)

Ceejay - hope you enjoyed the Valentines days belated breakfast. Good going at the gym. Congratulations on the new babies to come in the family. Lovely time for everyone.

Happy - You're over the cold, I'm over the heat. What are we becoming - whinging about the weather. I always thought I would rather be hot than cold, but I think I have changed my mind. At least you can put more clothes on and get wrapped up in wool and blankets but it gets to the point here where you can literally take no more off without the risk of the neighbours reporting a beached whale.
Sorry to hear that you slipped on ice and banged yourself up somewhat. Hope all is well now and the bruises are fading. I can well understand the 'getting over the whole volunteer thing'
I hear you on the credit/ returns policy these days just like I am over the banks who, when I make an online payment, take the money immediately out of my account but the creditor doesn't get it for about 3 days. They are making interest on the overnight money market. I am losing interest in my account and the creditor is still waiting for payment. It sucks.
I feel for you with the eating less and still gaining weight. Having the same problem myself. Got rid of 3kg before the last visit to the dietician, and have managed to lose another 2kg but it seems to have stopped. So I guess it is time to up the exercise and reduce portions some more. I have set a menu for the next week, and will try to follow that but with reduced portions. The biggest problem I find is that most recipes are made for 4 or 6 servings and it is very hard to reduce them to one serving. So I either it whatever for a week or reduce it two serves and it doesn't always work out well with that either. There is a program on the internet that will reduce the servings but it doesn't always work either.

And with that I need to disappear. I will get back to the personals tomorrow = it's time for cleaning up after dinner and getting on with my French lesson.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 PM   #83  

Morning all
Well yelling at the computer may have done something to the weather It is cool and overcast - well by cool I mean under 30 at 10am - a minor miracle to be sure.

Annie - where are you friend? Don't make me ring you and yell at you. I'm sure we would have heard if there was a job offer Something will come of that I am sure.

Laura - I hear you about the bra shopping, I too hate that. Nothing seems to fit the way it used to and everytime I go looking there are all these padded or sexy outfits in the shop and I don't believe I need either of those varieties. If they are cheap (not the sexy or padded sort) then they do not seem to hold me in as I'd like. I hate to wobble everywhere and especially there. And the price of some brand names is astronomical.
As for the overseas holidays, it depends on where you are going. For example if, like Susie, you are only going to Denmark, you can see the entire country in 2 weeks or all the touristy things in less than that but the thing is, if you are going that far, then you might as well see as much as you can. 4 weeks would get you a lot of Europe. On the other hand if you are going to somewhere like Australia, you need to allow time unless you want to fly everywhere and that doesn't show you the sights. Europe fits into Australia about 2 1/2 times and although we joke about it, you can drive 3 hours in NZ or England and go through 3 or four different counties and see numerous sights. If you travel 3 hours from my place, you will get into the very north of NSW on the coast road but to get out of Queensland any other way, it takes 3 days. To get to see anything over here, you must plan your itinerary very carefully.
Glad to hear that you got a bonus and a raise. So few get that these days. It's a struggle for many.

Susie - Glad to hear that Genny has the all clear at 6 months. Those sort of answers help with recovery a lot. I'm coming up for 2 1/2 year blood test in April. I wait for it in nervous anticipation and then cheer like mad when a negative result comes in.
Good to hear that you are back on the treadmill and doing well. I have some rolls that you might like to get rid of for me if you'd like to. Just get on the treadie and say one for me and one for Shad. I'll wait for my results.

Well that's about it for the personals. I did go and look up Happy and her DH on the news. Great article Happy. I've taken a couple of things off my to do list this morning. I poached a chicken and broke it up and froze the stock it created. and I have used my angle grinder for the first time and cut some tiles that didn't break properly with the tile cutter. So now they are stuck to the wall in the laundry. Next I will have to attach the kickboards in there. Another first. But I can do this. Can't expect DS2 to come to my aid all the time. Yesterday I took lunch around to the DS2 who is working on one of his rental houses - putting in a new shower room since the previous tenants managed to wreck it for him It's an old house with lots of problems. Main living and sleeping areas are quite habitable, but the downstairs rooms and the yard need a lot of work. Still he has to tenant it to be able to do the repairs over time. So I guess today, he will need another lunch. Not sure what but I will think of something soon.

Next job on the list is to clean out behind the shed in the yard so we can finish the fences down there. Got most of the rubbish out from behind there last week but there is still weeds and stray bushes growing and they need to be dug out. and the place cleaned up. What's after that? Start at the side of the shed and clean up down there. Can't wait for these fences to be done. A big tick off my list of 'things needing to be done' Houses and fences do not maintain themselves.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #84  

Quick post.

Woke up Sunday with a bit of throat crud. Woke up yesterday (a scheduled vacation day) with chills and fever and felt lousy all day. Feeling better today, but still not great, so i stayed home again. Bf tells me he has a cough and told me I need to work from home and not ride metra with all the germs because he can't be sick and needs to work, yadda, yadda, yadda. Not what i needed to hear. He likes to blame me when he gets sick. I'm accustomed to this, but at some point it'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Enough of the crabby ranting. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #85  

Evening all,
Another couple of days of cooler temperatures. Autumn appears to be on the way. Now all we need is some decent rain. Life gets better.
I went to shift the compost bin today, but it wasn't producing any compost, probably needed water more frequently, so I decided to shift it further up the garden, and so I pulled the bin apart and moved the stuff in there only to find there were also mice in there!!!!!!! Probably explains the influx of mice the cat brought in as a present last winter. So the whole lot went out into the garbage and the mice got chased around. Several of them have gone under the fence into the neighbours place. He will not be amused. I certainly wasn't. So no more compost bin for me. Will buy the stuff as and when required.

Laura - sorry to hear that you are not well. Hope it improves quickly. As for the b/f complaining that you gave him the crud, well that's ingrained male gripes and they always get it worse than we do. My ex used to take to his bed in the last throes of death, and sleep and sleep and sleep, only to wake up, sit up and demand a full meal at least three times a day. The last time I got sick, which was when the children were little, I wasn't allowed to sleep it off since there was always some question about meals, or school books, or how to cook a tin of spaghetti (or was it baked beans?) Anyway, I got the morning in bed before I got sick of it all and got up and sent him out to work.

I've been doing online French courses and am doing okay with these. Whether it will help in class or not I don't know, but at least my vocabulary is improving even if the spoken word isn't. It is hard to pick up the actual nuances and accents when you are partly deaf and the acoustics in the room are not that good. But enough. A breakthrough will come sometime no doubt.

And with that I think it is time for a last cup of tea and then bed.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #86  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Laura - sorry you are feeling sick. This time of year it's easy to pick up something and it stays dormant for a while. Hah on the BF's crabbing. I agree with Shad - their "logic" is no logic at all. and as for empathy, forget it. Used to be that I'd only get sympathy from DH if I was barfing. He is better about being more courteous now but agreed that no woman is ever at death's door as much as a man suffers. I do hope you are feeling better. Take a sick day and sleep it off.

Shad - glad you are pursuing the French. Even if you never get as good as you'd like, just the act of working with it is good for the brain. Music is good too - they say music and story telling are the 2 skills that the brain hangs on to the longest so if the French doesn't work out, then there's always tuba lessons Having lived in the tropical south and the frozen north, I would have to say that heat and drought are far worse than our cold and snow. Worrying about lack of rain and water I think is the absolute worst. We can shovel snow, put on more clothes and be careful about walking and driving which are hassles but we can't do anything about making water and precious rain. So I'll stay put where I am even though it's that time of year when I never feel like I will ever be warm again and I am tired of being cold and achy in the bones. Bummer on finding mice in the compost pile. I suppose it's like the birds, squirrels and critters here - they get their meals where they can. Don't want them in the house either thought it sounds like Romeo is doing a good job of hunting. Do you drink a lot of tea? What kind do you like? Sounds like you are keeping yourself very busy around the house. Always something to fix, update or maintain. Are you still the neighborhood driver for the local folks or has that eased up?

Ceejay - your pictures of the water were nice. I love the peacefulness of water. Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy too.

I had to get up early - today is a thrift shop meeting. I'd rather not go, I am somewhat distanced from that but they won't let me go completely. I don't think it will be very well attended. We got a little snow overnight but not enough to keep people from attending. I am pulling away from the senior center too - I worked on the newspaper for them all last week - that was about 50 hours of my time but that is about done for 2 months until the next issue rolls around. My bingo partner is starting to get more forgetful. He forgot to collect money from several people on Monday and I had to scold him. It would cause a scene if people were paying attention and noticed the pot wasn't what it should be. Last Thursday we were short one guy so I had to play the role of bingo caller and payer and we came up short $69 at the end of the night and it was a SLOW night. D said he knew it was him miscounting books or not giving proper change. The week before I skipped bingo because DH and I went out to dinner for Valentine's Day and D said he had s frantic mess of the night. He made mistakes, his helper was giving out too MUCH prize money, what a zoo. My new laptop came yesterday. Now I make the effort to move over my existing stuff, learn Windows 10 and figure my way among all that is foreign. I apologized ahead of time for all the complaining and whining I will do while learning this when I don't have time for it.

We will start the work on my teeth March 12. This round will cost me almost $18,000. It involves replacing 13 crowns I currently have in my mouth and opening up my bite. My crowns are loose so I am sort of eager to get this work done. But I am not looking forward to 3 hour in the chair dental appointments. My jaw muscles hurt to think about it. They can numb my mouth but not the jaw which tenses up. I've been practicing holding my mouth open. At least when all done I will not have the gaps I do, the teeth will all be the same color and I won't be having the issue of food getting stuck in my teeth. Our wedding anniversary is next Tuesday - 42 years. We wanted to have a small dinner party at the place we went to for Valentines with our favorite chef but the owner who took our information never contacted us to follow through and plan. I am irked about it and I think when you are giving them money, you should not have to pursue them. I think chef might be a little disillusioned about how they run their business too. So not sure what we will do to celebrate as our favorite Italian place closed and this was our other option. Now that the big ski race finished - the Birkie - this town shuts down for the next 2 months. We are innudated with snow and cold. I can tell spring is around the corner - birds are starting to sing their songs, the days are getting longer and they announced on tv that in the next 2 weeks it's time to get the ice fishing shacks off the lakes. Hard to believe it could be warm enough to start to melt the ice - our last snow and wind storm actually stranded anglers out on Lake Superior with so much blowing snow the guys had to be rescued and plowed out. They had no contingency plans for that because it's never happened before. The weather sure is wierd.

Well I have to grab a shower and get ready so I'll post this.

Hellos to the rest of the crew. Annie I say prayers for you every time I think about it - a couple of times a day. God's not listening or as you say - not the right time yet tho I'm sure you are getting anxious. Sending good thoughts that you'll get a much anticipated call already.

Later ladies
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #87  

Laura
Hope you are feeling better.

Shad
I will trade you come ice and snow for some sunshine and warmer temperatures. This has been the coldest winter we have had since I've lived in Missouri.

Happy
Glad to hear that you are pulling away from the volunteering. I feel for you during upcoming dental procedures. .

Susie and Annie
Hello

Not much going on with me. More ice this morning. Ice is on the grass but I hear traffic so the street must not be to bad. But I don't like getting out in 25 degree temperatures.
I've been eating around 1400 to 1600 calories but keep fluctuating on the scale so I'm dropping down to 1200 calories and will be using the pyramid for my diet plan. It's also recommended that I get 150 minutes of cardio per week. I can do this.
I need to clean house and do laundry so I'll get this posted.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:26 PM   #88  

Morning all,
Ceejay - yes the fluctuating scale and calories are a real pain. Hope you can get it under control. I am using portion control and apparently it must slip somewhat over the week since the scale annoyingly weighs higher and lower, stupid thing. It doesn't also help that there is chronic constipation (sorry TMI) if I eat too much bread (two slices per day is all I can take) and I might go a week with out having to take something to alleviate the problem.
I'll trade you some ice and cool - heck 25(C) would be better than 35(C) or 40(C). 25 F might be somewhat cool but it is what it is. We have had the hottest and driest summer since 1910 (when records were kept) and sounds like you lot have had the coldest and wettest winter.

Happy - Unfortunately there is not a musical bone in my body, so tuba lessons might be somewhat of a trial for the neighbours, teachers and classmates. It's good to hear that you are pulling back on the volunteer stuff, you don't need the crap every day of the week. Pick your battles I say and stick with it. Sounds like D is losing it somewhat or just doesn't think far enough ahead. Pity some of the people don't let on that they have been over paid too.
It's good that the teeth will be over in a short period of time. Then the recovery begins. Hope that all goes well.

Laura - hope you are getting over the crud and are not running around after b/f with his death defying sniffles.

Susie - where are you? So busy as usual I guess.

Annie - get your butt back in here and let us know how you are. We all worry for you and we know you don't have it easy. Take some time out and talk to us.

That's about it for now. The bin full of compost has gone. The sole mouse I saw this morning while shovelling the last of the heap to the garbage bin was soon under the fence and in the shed next door. Should really tell the neighbour he has mice. I will be spreading some mice ******ant around the area this week. So now I had better go back to sorting the shed, cleaning the ceiling fans and going to French lessons. Oh yes, Happy, you asked about what type of tea I like. I prefer the lighter blends like Earl Grey, Lady Grey and Russian Caravan. Twinings used to put out a smoky tea called Lapsong Souchong. I loved it lightly brewed, but they no longer seem to make it. I found some in a teashop up on Tamborine Mountain and bought it, but it is so strong it is terrible. So I don't know what I will do with it yet.
Okay, I am out of here.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #89  

Morning all,
Painting today since we have SHOWERS and when I can't paint anymore while the doors and trims dry, I can tile or maybe just post here. We've been having showers on and off for 3 days now. It's wonderful. The temperature has dropped to a balmy 27C - 29C (84F to 88F more or less) and we are all dancing on the grass.
It doesn't seem to matter what I would like to do, my calendar appears to be full of things I must do. I might have to go back to the office for a rest - oh no, that won't do. A friend rang the other day to say he was working in Brisbane and we should get together. Then yesterday (Saturday) he texted to say that he had quit his job and was flying home straight away. Couldn't stand the pettiness, conflict and downright bad manners and bullying of the 'business partner' for the project. Seems like nothing is changing in the training world.

Mr Romeo the cat is annoyed with me because I am keeping him out of 'his room' so he can't sleep in the sunshine through the window anymore. Tough for him. This room has to be finished and soon. Lots to do in there. I have to put another coat of paint on a couple of walls, sort out the window (trying to find new ones to fit the opening difficult after 30 years) and put down the flooring or find some one to do it.

Must be coffee time, then back to work and anyway, there is no more news. cya

Last edited by Shad; 03-02-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #90  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ladies!
I have been reading the posts off and on so I could stay up-to-date with everyone.

Shad: If I had found those mice you would have heard me screaming.....I get so freaked out by them
and snakes! I have no tolerance when it comes to them.

I love tea as well, but I dont get to drink it much due due to my IC and the fact that tea is acidic. I try to use no caffeine types and there are some low acidic and I dont steep it too long. We do what we have to do.

Laura: I hope you are feeling better. The flu is showing up now in Ohio. A friend of ours had it two weeks ago. She went to the doctor and got the tamaflu and felt really badly for 5 days and then better. The medicine helded to shorten the duration.

Ceejay: Last week I got back with the program with my food and exercise and I had a 3 lb.loss at TOPS. I still have 10 lbs to loss to get back to where I was before Christmas....we can do this...it is about where we put our priorities.

Happy: How disappointing that the venue you wanted to do celebrate your anniversary at never got back to you. I hope that you and DH will have a nice anniversary despite the venues oversight.

I will be thinking about you as you start your your dental this process....just think how pretty your smile will be....you will look like a movie star.

Annie dear....you are missed. I am still praying for you and believeing it is coming soon.

I have just been busy with life. The week before, I worked some overtime as I both the Managers I support were getting ready for a two week trip to Asia and I was getting all the travel plans and meetings in place and then still had all the regular work.

I also had applied for a position in another business unit at work. It was a lateral move but I used to work with the Director when she was a section head and we were in Pharma. Her admin is retiring. It came down to me and one other lady and the other lady was chosen. I was very upset by it because I really thought I had it and then I found out the other lady was displaced which meant that for some reason her role was eliminated and she was looking for a job...when that happens if the person has the skills they encourage the hiring manger to choose the displaced candidate.

A lot of my disappointment was because I really am tiring of my manager and the fact that he doesn't partner with me..however when he became aware I was interviewing and it was a lateral move (I told him once I was granted a interview), he said he didnt want to lose me and he wants us to talk and regroup so we can get back to a partnership.

That is about it for me.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 03-02-2019 at 06:08 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote