Old 04-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holy Bat Sh*t Batman.,.,I have tried to get in here and post about 4 times today. This job interferes a lot with my posting.haha.

Weekend was ok. Lots of ball games. The dryer didn't stay fixed for very long. Same problem. Um, is that a defective heater coil we installed.? Heck if I know. I am over SAMSUNG appliances. NO MORE! Haven't decided whether to get this fixed or just get a new one. It is out of warranty anyway. We didn't buy the extended warranty when we bought it either, which wouldn't of helped for two reasons. HH Gregg is out of business and no longer has representation for warranties. The other reason is HHGregg's warranty was for only two years. The dryer is 5 years old. End of story. Nothing lasts like it used to. NOTHING. Even my body parts are awful and out of warranty. Bleh.

I have had a stiff neck that goes up into the back of my head, down my shoulder blades down the front of my chest since Friday. Sam started massaging it very hard and putting stinky stuff (Bio Freeze) on it. It is loosening up and at least I can turn my head. It is still very tender. Going to doc on Wednesday. At first I was a little concerned it was to do with my heart but not now that the muscles are sore and tender I don't think so. Plus I am still alive.

We went to visit Cs mom and dad yesterday. His sister and bro were there. His sister was on one of her mean streaks and was actually rude to C. Her daughter (Cs niece that is about 35) was very rude to him also. I don't know all there is to know about that but I really think all his family, siblings and parents are all nutty and need therapy. They were all nice to me, but I sincerely think I would of unloaded on them if they were like that to me. Samantha and the boys went also. Sam was two minutes from going off on his sister. Good thing we left when we did. It could of gotten real ugly, real quick. His two daughters showed up just a bit before we left. The one daughter didn't acknowledge him the other was friendly. What a screwed up bunch of people. WOW, just wow.

HAPPY....You birthday weekend sounded just awesome. You deserve some awesomeness. Hope you get good results with the scan. Time to put this baby to rest. Never heard of Tom Yum sou noodle noodle nor have I tried it. Will have to give it a whirl sometime.

LAURA...we are having 70s weather this week too. Bout darn time. I hear we are going straight into HOT weather with no spring soon. Just great. Not griping just like spring. Pollen will be high this week also from all the plants and trees recouping from budding, etc. Hmmm never have eaten a drunken cherry, don't guess I ever will either. That is a good thing for me.

CEEG...I hear you on the dentist. When my dentist was working on my crown prep I was having terrible sinus draining and dang near cut my air off with the drainage. I had to keep swallowing it then I about puked. And to think I have to start the whole thing again on May 8 for another crown. Not happy at all about that. Good for you on the mowing and exercise.

SUSIE...Wonderful news on Genny. Praise be to God indeed. I found tights I like better than LuLaRoe and are cheaper at an on-line site. But for free, I would take them too.

SHADDIE...hope you are feeling better by now.

Best get back at it. Hello to everyone. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie and Susie,
I'm glad to hear that the dentist visits are not always pleasant.

Annie
Lucky you on going for one crown at a time. The dentist did both of mine in one setting.

----------
I've talked to sis about needing extra time at home for yard work and she agreed. I really needed it for my peace of mind. I still like to be outside when it's not to hot. but by then maybe I can drive the riding lawn mower. My hands are sore!!! Guess from the pushing of the mower.
My nephew's son turned 4 last week and they had his birthday party Saturday. It was mainly family which was good. He had a lot of fun.
It's almost time for me to get ready to go back to Branson. I get to come back home on Thursday and come back on Monday.

Went to the youngest nephew's birthday party. He turned 4. He was having a good time.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Been busy again I guess. Yes I got over the cold fairly quickly and seem to have done nothing else but eat out ever since. Time for strict mealtimes and food intake now. I am back to where I was before chemo when I lost 11kg (about 22lb). That doesn't please me one little bit

Birthday went on for about 4 days and we had a family brunch on Sunday that was the end of it Then I went to R's new place to help her put another bed together. She is slowly getting her house sorted out.

My friend with the throat cancer has had his operation and has bounced back so well that they are considering discharging him from hospital at the end of this week. He has been told that the operation was a success and that effectively he has had the stomach stretched up the throat so far that he could say he has had a gastric sleeve fitted. He will now have to live with smaller portions of food and probably will not be able to eat spicy food again and may suffer from some reflux. His blood tests are clear of cancer.

Happy - glad you had a good birthday. I was going to ring you but wasn't feeling so good and then forgot about it. Hope you can get some good news on the foot and some relief.

Ceejay - time you spent some time at home. Retirement is supposed to be doing things you want to do and have been waiting to do all your working life, not running around daily after the family. I do a fair amount for the family but some days are sacred and I don't want to know.

Laura - windscreen wipers, they are a necessary evil and you have to have about three hands and 20 fingers to get those things on.

Annie - There's an old saying about God gives us our families, thank God we can choose our friends. Sounds like C got the rough end with his lot. Glad to hear the boys are getting into sport and things. It's always a good thing when they go out to play.

Susie - good to hear that your friend is getting on okay. And it seems you had a lucrative day at your clothing party. I haven't bought any new clothes for ages. Time I went through the wardrobes and chucked a few things too. Then maybe I can have some new ones. Need to lose some weight to get into some of my pretty stuff.

Dee - hope you are okay.

I've been having an interesting time with the NZ IRD (tax office) - they want to fine me for not putting in a tax return (IR3) for the tax year 2017. What??? I wasn't in NZ in 2017 - go to the customs and immigration site and check that I left NZ in Dec 2015 and haven't been back since and besides which I am a tax resident in Australia. Go away. I'm not paying two lots of tax to you hyenas.

I'm about to go water the plants again. The tomatoes are developing nicely. They should start ripening in the next week or so. The corn is just about ready to eat and I have enough lettuce and rocket to make salad for the 8th Army. I have beans and potatoes ready to go in and need to get some broccoli going soon.

Other tasks for today are to file for my new passport, complete a form for my Australian tax accountant, and start sorting out a fencer, builder for the next and last stage of renovations and an arborist to look at a couple of trees and take out the palm trees. So I guess I'd better get cracking on some of that.

Last edited by Shad; 04-30-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #94  

Lost my post 2x so I will come back later. Every one have a good day.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #95  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay52 View Post
Lost my post 2x so I will come back later. Every one have a good day.
Ceej, I agree it's frustrating losing a post & deciding whether to do another long post or just say 'hi' instead.

I'm on my cell so this will be short. I had my doctor appt yesterday. I have 3 problems that began/coincided within a week of each other that make my pains terrible & the diagnosis & treatment difficult for the PA to understand. My doctor said none are serious & has me on 2 RX & a lofat food plan for healing. I am Blessed & thankful to begin healing from over 2 months of pains, bloating & frequent nausea. I am Greatful & Humbled for being Blessed with compassionate prayers during my pains & sickness & while my body heals.

With my Love to each of you 🌝 My Sisters that I've wanted & needed in my life.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-01-2018 at 02:24 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #96  

Will try again.

Dee
I'm thankful that you have a confirmed diagnosis and have started treatment. No one likes to be in pain.

Shad
Sounds like the veggie garden is coming along.

Annie
Ask my sis about the full moon and bi-polar patients.

------
Took my niece to work this morning around 11.45 and she was supposed to work 3 hours. Its almost 6 p.m. They must be busy.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

Was going to go into the Senior Center to work on a project yesterday but I had so much to do at home I put it off until today. And then as Annie is fond of saying - "we plan, God laughs". Yesterday about mid morning we noticed that we could not find Bimmy the cat. (the name Bimmy has stuck to her). After staying up all night she often goes to sleep around 11 for a few hours. We couldn't find her anywhere and I rattled the keychain for the laser pen light which ALWAYS gets her running as it's her favorite thing to play with. No response. We started looking in all the closets and cabinets thinking she got herself closed into something she should not but could not find her and heard no meowing so we figured someway, someHOW she managed to get outside. We are both careful about watching the doors and she is not a bolter. It was a beautiful day out - I had the windows cracked open about an inch although I had the front window open quite a bit - Nina's favorite spot and Bimmy had been sitting in the cat tower quietly looking outside with not attempt to push through the screen so I thought it was ok. So we spend all day looking for her. DH went all through the woods a couple of times. After dinner we went to the neighbors - one of which we haven't met since we moved here 7 years ago and who was home but would not answer the door which is WHY we probably haven't met her and won't be bothered with her I can tell you. We drove all over calling Bimmy to no response. So last night it got dark and I called my sister. I decided to turn the porch lights on in case Bimmy showed up and when I looked out the front door - there she was on the deck. As soon as I opened the door she bolted. I called DH and we played a rousing game of "you'll never catch me alive". Thank goodness for the laser pen light which got her close to us. She wasn't interested in food which surprised me because she was gone for at least 12 hours at that point so Lord knows what she might have eaten. DH tried to snatch her once and missed and you only get one shot with them. He went to get her toy and I was able to guide her into the garage with the laser light. She was not going to let us pick her up so she spent the night in the garage - at least safe from the night predators. She came right up to DH this morning and is snoozing deeply on the bed next to him now. Nina - who was looking for her yesterday is back to growling at her today - I imagine she smells a bit different having roamed the forest all day long. I wonder now if she will be a flight risk. We still don't know how she got out of the house.

As far as the foot goes about my only option is a painful surgery with a long - 6 month recovery. They probably will have to replace the tendon in the foot - what hurts now with a much smaller tendon from the little toe. It's alot of work and requires restructuring the foot. Not something I am eager to jump into. And I sure don't want to blow the summer away - it involves 3 months of completely off your feet totally and then another 3 months of rehab. This will also cost me thousands of dollars in out of pocket costs so I'd rather wait until I'm on Medicare next year as they will cover more of the cost. And since I don't want to waste the summer, that means I'd have to deal with the pain right now for another year and a half. The problem is that I can't stand for more than 20 minutes at a time but I will just have to deal with it. She said to heal on it's own takes a long time - could take over a year. Some of the pain is lessened from what it was but there is one burning point that has not changed at all since last September and therapy and braces and shoes don't make a difference. So that's that.

Dee - glad they found something to help you with your symptoms. Hope it works.

Shad - I'm also happy that your friend with the cancer is doing so well in recovery. Interesting how they stretch parts to replace other parts. Do you have dual citizenship or do you just declare residence for taxes? I'm sure everyone wants their pound of flesh. Tell them you aren't working any more so no taxes to pay.

Annie - what a bummer about the dryer breaking again. I have heard that Samsung has great innovation features in their appliances but not very durable HOWEVER no one is making anything to last any longer. Still a lot of money to shell out every 5 years. Geez I could see now why C let's his daughters walk all over him. Seems like everyone treats him badly.

Laura - glad you are back on the bike again although it sure was hot by you yesterday!! I guess it's cool enough for the morning commute tho. The only time in my life I ever saw my Mom drunk was when she went with her sister to a function and my aunt was drinking Manhattans and my Mom was eating the cherries out of her drink. I guess the cherries are like a sponge absorbing the alcohol. Yikes!

Hello Ceejay

Gotta get moving along. Have a good one. We are getting some rain today which is good - our fire danger is very high and that always makes me nervous.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #98  

Happy
So sorry to hear the diagnosis of your foot wasn't great. Don't blame you on waiting for the surgery part of it
Could you possibly get SSI from your foot?

--------
Nothing much to report from yesterday. Looking forward to going home tomorrow. Even though it's supposed to rain I can still clean house. I'm there long enough to mess up but not long enough to clean up. Makes me unhappy.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #99  

Morning all.

Annie – Sounds like you’re super busy at work. I hope it calms down for you soon. Any hopes of replacing the superstar any time soon? == What a bummer about the dryer. I’m going to have to cross my fingers on our washer & dryer. I think it’s LG, a bunch of fancy features and the set wasn't cheap, that's for sure - but who knows how long it’ll last. What I do know is that with our small household, our machines don’t take nearly as much of the volume and usage as yours surely do. == How’s your neck feeling? I hope the doc can help today. My neck’s been stiff on my right side the past couple days. Only really notice it at bedtime though. I like that saying about family and being able to pick your friends – good one Shad. Thank goodness we can pick our friends (and make them our surrogate family!

Ceejay – I hope you push for more down time from your niece uber duties. When it becomes a long-term obligation that you come to resent...that’s a problem. == Happy belated birthday to your nephew.

Shad – Nice extended birthday celebration! Glad to have another one to celebrate after the past couple years you’ve gone through. == What great news for your friend with throat cancer!! Your veg garden is really going to town! == Ugh, tax concerns in two different countries! I’m glad to only have to have one to worry about because one is more than enough!

Dee – I hope the treatment you’re doing is bringing you relief.

Happy – Oh, what a day. You must have been so worried about Bimmy!!! How relieved you must have been to get her corralled into the garage. You’re going to have to really keep an eagle eye on her now! == I’m sorry to hear that you’ll need surgery to get the foot repaired. I’d definitely be getting a 2nd opinion, given that it sounds like a really big deal. And waiting until medicare kicks in is a smart idea.

Hi Susie!! Hope you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by now as far as work goes this week!

==
We’re doing reference calls at work this week and it’s getting old. Already did one this morning and we have another three to do today. A lot of meetings like this really disrupt my day.

Rode my bike again today. Parked it in the new bike shelter because it might rain later today. Hoping I can get home before it rains…but it’s not like I’ll melt, lol.

That’s it for me. Have a good day everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #100  

Vent ing so read past if needed.
Instead of going to classes today my niece decides she wants to go to the lake. It blew my mind. She sat down at my computer and looked for close places to go and I said no hour trips. By the time she got ready to go it was after 2p.m. and then she decided to go to Subway for a sandwich to take with her. I told her I didn't want to go mainly because of the long wait. And then she started to tell me that she thought I wanted to go. She really didn't ask me but I was willing to take her at one point. I told her that I was here to help her and I wanted to help but not by going to the lake. She has not been to class but once in two weeks. I told her that I was going to call a meeting between the three of us to get the score settled. She doesn't want her mom involved because she knows her mom will go through the roof. I told her, no more cooking and or cleaning and that I wanted a schedule of the classes she will be attending. I also told her that I would be taking off on Thursday afternoon and not returning until Monday because I need some time at home. She may have to get a real uber Friday and Sunday. My nerves are shot.

----------------

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-02-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

Hey, didn't realize it had been days since I posted.

CEEG...good for you to stand up for yourself. The niece is definitely taking advantage of you. Do go ahead and have that meeting wtih your sis involved. It may be just what niece needs to get her into gear. So if she doesn't go to class does that mean she will have to take it over again? Does that extend your ubering for her? I bet if she has to find another ride than you she just won't go. Really not your problem but may extend her classes. How does this all affect you? Stand up for yourself girl. Hugs and may the force be with you.

LAURA...we are having T storms today but it is warm. I will take it. We broke down and turned the AC on and I have to admit I did sleep better. Of course it could of been the muscle relaxer. The muscle relaxer really made me loopy. Only taking a half a pill tonight, if needed at all. Neck, back and shoulders are slowly feeling better. Thanks for asking.

DEE....glad to hear not all tooooo bad on the diagnosis and help is around the corner. Hugs my friend.

HAPPY...OMGosh...I would have totally freaked if Sassy went missing like Bimmy did. And oh the tears. Good Lord what a stressful day for you. Glad the little rascal is back home. Hope she is minding her Ps and Qs, meeeeuuuuus too. Funny how Nina missed her but acted like she could really care once Bimmy was back home. OMGosh on the foot too. Yes def, if you can wait till Medicare kicks in. I can tell you from personal experience that ankle/foot recovery takes a very long time. Pretty good at 3 mos, much better at 6 mos and almost as good as it gets at a year. So plan your surgery well with corresponding best time of year for recovery. Dang girl my ankle hurts just thinking about you going through that. Major hugs sister.

SHAD DARLING...glad to hear your cold has relented. Amen to that. Don't need you sick. Great news for your friend and throat cancer. Bet he is relieved also. Birthday party time is over, time to get on program and get moving. Listen to me, haha, Miss do not exercise at all. bah The tax office here is a joke as well. Nothing like waiting on hold for over an hour to speak with someone. I feel like C and I pay taxes twice. Once on his business once our personal taxes. Just suck us dry they do.

SUSIE...come up for air sister. SOmething tells me you are not making you and your program #1. Shall I drive over and rolling pin you? Hugs sister friend.

The doc appt for neck...My trapezoid muscle in back is inflamed, up through neck, head, shoulder, back and front of shoulder down the arms. Could be cause by many things. #1 is stress. Yeah I have none of that. then a variety of things follow that. Sleeping wrong is up there along with not stretching enough. Stretching sounds very much like exercise, no wonder I don't get enough of that in. Doc did say the massage was a good thing and probably should get another one. Muscle relaxers and 2 Aleve twice a day. The muscle relaxer made me too loopy and tired so will try half one tonight.

So in the last MONTH, I feel like HAPPY in all the repairs she has done. $$ out for: Garage door opener, kitchen ceiling fan/light, motor for furnace, new dryer, Sassy and her back then next week teeth cleaning which is not cheap, two crowns for me. These are the only things I can remember at the moment. I mean really?? It comes in 3s but for how many times? Next thing I am certain as their performance dwindling, dish washer and washer. June the month I just as soon skip are plates for two cars and car insurance. (Dad June 1st passed, Mike June 7th passed, Me and Dad BD the 12th sad celebration, Father's day) Shoot me now!

I am in a grumpy, witchy mood today. Trying to overcome it. Struggling with my gratitude list. Work has me frazzled. Got yelled at yesterday by another manager. Just feel like I cannot do anything right and am stupid. Snap out of it Annie, it is not about me, get out of my head and move on. Part of me is so angered at myself because my eating as straight s*cked since the steroid pills. I just cannot get back with it. Not gained any weight but need to lose those 5/6 lbs that I gained while taking the steroids. It is making me miserable. I have already messed up eating this morning all before 8 am. Scared if I don't get back with it I will balloon back up. Ok whoa is me is over and enough.

Ladies, make it a great day/night. Sorry if I may have brought you down today. SMILES everyone, da plane, da plane.

Hugs
Old 05-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #102  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Annie - I'm sorry you are having such a bad day. Sometimes when things pile up and the money just flies out of your wallet 10 times faster than it goes in, well it's hard to be cheerful. And why do the expenses come in bunches instead of spreading themselves out nicely???? I would say the tension is definitely messing with your neck. And yes, I know about exercising BUT the neck rolls and therapy things will make you feel better - not the same sort of exercise like pounding the treadmill. But more than anything, give yourself permission to get a massage. Believe me it's cheaper than what you'd pay for the same thing at Physical Therapy. And you need and deserve it. to you sister. As for them yelling at you at work, tell them not to do it - not many COMPETENT people left in this office so don't P me off and lose another one

Ceejay - yikes on the niece. Sounds like she suffers from the too casual attitude of youth today. I commend you for putting your foot down. She needs pushing it sounds like. Especially if she's been skipping out on school. Be the force that she needs to stay on the right track but don't get yourself all worked up over it. I can totally understand your frustration at wanting to spend some time at home to tidy things up - sometimes you need to make yourself a priority as you have been helping out everyone a whole lot lately.

Laura - I think the LG brand has a better reputation than the Samsung. Although all appliances have a much shorter shelf life now. How nice that they put up a bike shelter at the train station. I hope you get to ride more often. Sounds like you guys are getting an early summer this year. Except when I come to town - the temps will drop and it will actually be warmer up here than by you. But that's ok - as long as it's dry. I suppose you have not found anything of interest for the replacement exercise bike?

Shad - how goes it on the tax issues? DH would not mind at all having a great patch of rocket to eat every day. Has the possum found another garden to bother?

I went to the senior center yesterday. They have a new transportation program to schedule the bus that is rather complicated. I said this is going to take me some time to learn - the kind of thing that gets easier if you use it each day. Me not so much. I worked on the updating the bulletin board and then made some calls in the afternoon for a grant distribution project. I asked the Meals on Wheels recipients if their deliveries are ok and I get some interesting feedback. One lady kept me on the line for 35 minutes yesterday and told me she has a big problem that we include 2 percent milk in our meals. That's too lowfat, she's skinny and needs the fat and she wants whole milk so she can make her own butter. Well you can't make butter if you don't have cream and we include the milk to be drunk with your meal, not for baking or other things. She wanted someone to talk to so the conversation went on and on and on. Makes for a funny anecdote.

They had a fundraiser to get enough money to buy mirrors for the wall for the meeting / exercise room. It was a raffle and the prize was a 2 night stay at a beautiful conference center, dinner for 4 one night and a river trip. The place is located by this beautiful lazy river that people kayak and tube on. I cannot canoe or kayak - can't have butt below knees or I can't get up and I'd probably capsize the boat if I tried to get in a canoe flopping down. But I can crawl into and hang on to a large inflatable tube. It was a nice package and I really wanted to win it hoping my sister and her hubby could come up for a weekend and enjoy it with us. They picked the winner last Sunday at the Senior Dance they had. I could not attend because I had to work the Humane Society fundraiser that day. I was anxiously waiting to hear whose name was drawn. Nothing. No posts. Nothing. So Tuesday I jokingly put a post on the person's FB page that said "hey you forgot to call me to tell me I won the raffle". I bought something like 60 tickets to this raffle because I wanted to win the trip and I really wanted them to get the mirrors for the center too. The person just put a LIKE on my post but not further word. So this morning she calls me and says I really DID win the raffle. She thought my post was legit and when she mentioned it in the office today - they said no, she was asking us who won and no one knew. SHE DOESN'T KNOW SHE WON. Well how could I as no one told me. So I was thrilled to bits. Now if I can convince my sister to come up here. Have to use it by the end of October and even earlier if we want to take advantage of the river trip. But she said there is a lot going on at BIL's work so she is not sure they can make it happen.

Oh boy - look at the time. I have once again frittered away the morning. I have a hair appointment at 2pm. Can't wait to get this hair cut. She's done a long bob and I absolutely hate it. My hair does not have enough body for this. I need short layers AND BANGS. I will get home in just enough time to switch cars and have DH drop me off at bingo tonight. Not light enough when we get done for me to drive. Also the bears are waking up - we haven't seen any yet but several people we talk to have seen them roaming around.

Bimmy slept alot yesterday - must have been all that fresh air being out. She is back to her old playful self. Stupid cat. And we will just have to be very careful with windows as I'm sure she will try this again if given the opportunity. Her attitude is "why not" She is game for anything. Anyway have a good day all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #103  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – Oy, that niece needs to get her priorities straight! Sounds like she’s gotten too comfortable getting rides from her aunt and isn’t motivated quite enough to get through those classes and get her drivers’ license back!! Good for you pushing back yesterday!! And maybe she needs to find other transportation for some of the time, or use her earnings to pay for an Uber now and then. I hope you de-stress over the weekend!

Annie – I’m sorry you’ve got too much money wooshing out of your life right now. Sometimes it feels like one thing after another, and you just wonder when the bleeding stops. (We had the deadline for license plate renewal for one car and the village vehicle stickers for both just this past Monday, I know the feeling.) Hang in there, it’s got to stop sometime!! == I’m glad the muscle relaxer worked for you. Yeh, I know stretching sounds too much like exercise…just do it. And…how about meditation?? Not as much like exercise, just sitting, eyes closed, clearing your mind. And if it turned into a nap, that works too, right?? LOL, love the Fantasy Island reference!!

Happy – Yeh, I’ve kind of stopped thinking about buying a piece of cardio equipment. I feel like I’m in limbo until I go back to the orthopedic guy and see if there’s any healing going on from the bone growth stimulator. My appointment is in 2 weeks. == Oh, too funny about the lady who wants to make butter from the Meals on Wheels milk! == Congrats on winning the weekend away! I hope your sister and BIL can find a way to go with you. == Re haircuts – my co-worker has baby-fine hair without much body, and on top of that she was taking some meds (she’s the one who had the kidney transplant) that made her lose a lot of hair. It seems to be growing back, but she recently cut it into a very short bob to reduce the scraggliness (not a real word I guess, MS Word doesn’t like it) and got more highlights than usual to make it look like more volume. It looks nicer. I feel bad for her because she’s been so self-conscious about the hair loss. It seems to be growing back, but now she’s been trying everything to get the new hair growth to not stick up…

Hellos to the rest of you!!
==
The bright spot for the week has been learning that the boss is taking the day off tomorrow. Too bad I have a lot of catching up to do since all the reference calls we’ve made have dominated the past several days. Oh, and payday was Monday. That helps. And – we’re now down to three remaining mortgage payments. I need to remember that if we have to shell out $$$ for the clogged/leaky window well issue…

It really rained and stormed a lot yesterday evening. It was only lightly raining while I rode my bike home, but five minutes after I got home, it started pouring. And there was a lot of thunder and lightning. I didn’t want to go to the basement and check for seepage in the bad window well spot…not sure if bf has done that – I haven’t asked. I hope it’s a case of no news is good news.

Okay, time to try and get some work done before the last meeting for today. TTFN!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:12 AM   #104  

Morning all. Quick pop in to wish Happy safe travels on her trip to Chicago. Enjoy your visit!

Be back later.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:41 PM   #105  
Annie - Indiana

Just checking in. Trying to wrap things up so I can get out of this office and get the weekend started. I am so over this day.

HAPPY...safe travels. Love you won the weekend stay at the nice hotel. I wish I could join you.

LAURA...glad you can bike to the train these days. Yeah the boss is out of the office.

Hello to the rest of youse, my niece is coming in fro the weekend. Crazy weekend to be in Indy. 500 mini marathon, Women's BB game. and Cinco de Mayo. Bleh. Don't reallly want to party with her downtown but we are having a sort of mini get together. She is moving from Illinois to N. Dakota the end of May. I am listening to a meeting conference call so if this doesn't all make sense sorry.

Hugs all the way around.

Tags
chicks, worldlie, worldly