Old 06-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #286  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning - off to the pool in a few minutes so short post.

Wishing you the very best and relaxing vacation Annie!!!

If I put up a new thread will you find us???

Busy day ahead so probably back tomorrow for personals... have a good one.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #287  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Most likely will find you all HAPPY...no worries.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #288  

Afternoon all. Quiet here – the admin is out sick. Today’s my Friday!! Picture a dancing carrot here since I’m experimenting to see if the emoticons/smileys are what makes my font size go wonky.

Susie – How’d the PC trade up go for you? New and different, takes time to figure things out. == YGG with the running!!! It’s never been my thing and with the non-union stress fracture in my foot, it’s probably never going to be. But…part of me would have liked to someday prove to myself that I could run a mile without stopping. Anyway, awesome that you’re running and feeling so great. == I couldn’t see the workout on the console display of the exercise bike because the strength part of the workout was done off the bike and even on a floor mat, so nope, couldn’t see it from the floor! == Good luck to you at TOPS, but it sounds like you know you’ll have a loss on the books tonight, so YEAH!

Hey June, welcome.

Annie – If you get back here to read – have an awesome vacation/staycation. Water park and two massages – nice! Enjoy the Lazy River and the massages!! == The parm zucchini – YUM. I still want to make those little crispy garnish bits made just out the grated cheese being baked in the oven. Sounds like just what a cup of tomato soup requires

Happy – Hope you’re ignoring most of those calls or emails or are cutting off the requests with a sympathetic, “Sorry, wish I could, but I can’t do XXXXX this week.” == Hard decisions with even harder implementation– like a complete overhaul of you and your DH’s diet. But if you’re in it together…still hard. The health benefits have to be the big motivation, right? What are you willing to give up? Your volunteer activities are a huge part of your life, yet you’d need a lot of time to implement and maintain your healthier eating lifestyle, especially when you can’t just dial up the healthy food place and pick it up – or even get it delivered way up in your small town…

Hi Shad!! Welcome home. Sounds like you had a nice trip, glad you made it home safe and sound. Now, be a pal and post the photo of your rugby hunk travel mate??

Hi Ceejay, what’re you up to? Back home yet?

Hi Dee.

]Nothing much to report. Tuesday was the fc, did 15 min of rowing and 25 of the recumbent and my mat work. Went out for burger night last night. I had a turkey burger – it sounded good because it was topped with goat cheese, avocado and a balsamic reduction. It was pretty good, but I still like a beef burger much better.

Going to the fc tonight but will skip the rower entirely. I’m not sure that rowing caused my sacro-iliac pain (lower back, left side only), but I think it keeps it from totally going away. The recumbent is a perfect way to give my back a break.

Tomorrow is a vacation day. I have a doctor appointment (allergy/asthma guy). After that is the landscaping guy coming by to give a quote for some yard work – grading the ground where trees were removed and also digging out the garden borders that we (by “we” I mean “bf”) allowed the grass to eliminate. After that, I need a pedicure!!

Okay, I’ll get this posted and then get back to the waste of time reviewing one proposal the boss has no intention of acting on and another one he just might. Oh, and I have to phone for my pedi appointment.... TTFN.

PS When I cut and paste, there's a button that says "source" and when I click it, I can see some sort of codes that are embedded in the text of my typed post. No change to my MS Word lately, so I think it's something this site has changed. I took the time today to delete all that and it worked, but it's not something I'm going to waste my time on in the future!!

Last edited by Laura705; 06-28-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It is hot. Heat index is 110 degrees.
I've been cleaning the condo today. Since the niece is staying in her bedroom more to watch tv, the dog doesn' mess things up as much.
I lost most of a post that said I didn't have a right to do so.
i'll play catch up later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #290  

I will be taking a trip to Paragould tomorrow for my 50th high school class reunion. Looking forward to that. If I'm not here the next couple of days you will know why.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:03 PM   #291  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Howdy Girls this is pretty much the first evening I've had to myself in the last 4 weeks to go online, other than to pay bills. We are home this weekend because of the heat wave & Dh went outside to mow our 4 acre lawn at 8pm with the lawn tractor because it's cooled down, time for me now... So I just read through your posts.

Happy ~ whatever food style or rules that you & Dh try following, you can always tweak a recipe. When I was a chef for a few clients that did Keto like Annie does, I was online frequently to get Keto approved substitutes for flour, sugar, etc to bake & do pasta. You have the Willpower of a Warrior when it comes to your health, so why not try a few diet/food styles for a few weeks each & whichever pleases you stick with it for a month or 2 & then possibly alternate like ppl do with exercising

Annie ~ Girl your vacation plans sound Wonderful I wish that I lived in the same state with you, because we could do date night with our hubbys & they could fish together while we ate Keto food because whenever I don't feel like eating my bun with my food or if I decide to eat my pizza topping & not my crust my Dh has a remark about me Wasting food, etc. Strength in numbers eating with you, he'd see my choices are Not odd, that other ppl don't always eat flour carbs/starch. How do the boys do with the loud fireworks, our g-babes still use the sponge earplugs even though they are older now. Enjoy, Enjoy vacations always seem to end wayyy to quickly!

Ceeg ~ Such fun to be with your friends from High School again & reminisce your years of craziness when we thought We knew Everything about the world & we all had wonderful teenager bodies

Susie ~ WoW I am sooo envious that you can run a mile Before I tore my meniscus this spring I liked being like you do, walking a mile then jogging a mile because it gave me energy, I can only walk now. Hopefully I'll have my knee surgery (Dh's work/health insurance requirements) before going to Donna's to see Joy & our gang next May. How's Genny this week, it will be comforting if she can celebrate July 4th as she normally does

​​​​​​Laura ~ Living in Chi town I can just imagine all the holiday things & foodie festivals you can choose from I saw on TV a chef make a 'cheat cocktail' with booze & a no alcohol drink with soda, using fruity no sugar popsicles in a blender. I have Skinny Girl -Bethany Frankel low carb alcohol to try with a coconut milk popsicle I'll try out. Do you do anything with your mom over July 4th? I wonder if older ppl feel left out or still enjoy seeing fireworks.

Shad~ I'm happy that you enjoyed your trip & you are safely home. We look forward to hearing about your trip

Our friends that both have full time jobs & also manage a boat marina hired me in June. So that's why I haven't been here & then when Dh gets out of work he comes to see me & then he goes fishing. I live in a swimsuit with shorts or a sarong every work day because I have to go in the water when ppl rent a kayak or a stand-up paddle board & they need me to give them basic lessons & about water safety, I just put a closed sign on the door about giving a lesson. We supply free life jackets, some ppl want videos while learning & falling off their boards I did learn some easy yoga using a Peggy C. video like Happy said. So after my knee surgery I'll learn more yoga at a class so I can teach yoga on the paddle board next summer, I've gotten several requests to teach paddle board yoga this month at the marina from ppl that live on their houseboat.

See y'all next week, have a Fun-Cooling-Safe July 4th week

​​​​​
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #292  

Afternoon all. Back to work Monday. I forgot my July monthly train ticket at home so I missed my regular train this morning while I waited for bf to drop it off for me at the train station. Then the next train was delayed due to freight train interference…So the morning went by quickly. Had to catch up on email after being off on Friday. It’s quiet here today, and I’m sure it’ll be the same tomorrow. Fingers crossed the powers that be issue an email making our 3 pm office closing a 1 pm closing!

My weekend was fine. On Friday I had my allergy/asthma dr appointment first thing. Thankfully, my symptoms have been nil lately, but my lung function test didn’t come out any better than last time. Doc wasn’t too concerned, just happy that I’m not having symptoms.

I got back home to find that the landscaping guy had arrived early and that he and bf had just started going through what needed to be done. We received the quote over the weekend and it’s alright for what we want done. The biggest part is something that’s a one-time thing – grading and putting down soil in an area in the back of the yard where we removed all those trees last year.

I also had a pedicure on Friday. Girls,have any of you had a male giving you a pedicure? I’ve have had a pedicure by a male in the past, but the guy who did it Friday was so young - I doubt he was even 21 y.o. - that it felt awkward when he gave me a leg and shoulder massage that’s part of the typical pedi! Kind of funny now, but not at the time, lol.

I worked out at home on Saturday morning and went to the fc on Sunday morning, so I did well with exercise this weekend. We went out for a couple meals over the weekend, but mostly kept indoors since it was so beastly hot. On Sunday evening we watched the movie “All the Money in the World” with Christopher Plummer. It was the story of the kidnapping of the grandson of J. Paul Getty in 1973. I know the movie took artistic liberties with the actual events, but the actual facts were enough to know that gramps was a real nut job! Annie – if you’re reading along this week, I did start watching the Netflix series Longmire – two episodes so far. I’m enjoying it.

That’s about it for me.

Hi Ceejay – I saw the photos of your reunion – looks like you had a good time!

Dee – Your job sounds fun – is it full time for the whole summer? I have to give paddle boarding a try someday. == I’m sorry to hear you’ll need knee surgery, but it’s certainly not as involved as getting a knee replacement, right?

Annie – Hope you’re in total chill-out vacation mode by now!

Hellos to the rest of you! Hope you had a good start to the week. Okay, interruptions galore, gonna get this posted and head home.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #293  

Hello everyone. I've made it back to Missouri. Had a wonderful time with my classmates. It is just hard to believe that 50 years have gone by.
My niece finishes with her group session tomorrow and has her last one on one. Yes, she will be fine. Now for her
legal stuff.
------------

Dee
Glad to see you posting again. Your job sounds fun but demanding
Old 07-03-2018, 10:46 AM   #294  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default All finished with this thread

Ok kids, new thread set up for the 3rd quarter - DON'T POST HERE ANY MORE

Click me to jump to the new thread
Leg 3 of the Worldly Chick Tour

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-03-2018 at 10:46 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #295  
GoGetter :)

S/C/G: 243/229/215

Any one else here from California? Just wish this heat would melt off the fat LOL
MarlieMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicks, worldlie, worldly