Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #61  

Afternoon all. The sun is shining, so I'm happy.

Annie - The anniversary dinner sounds wonderful. == So glad to hear Sassy is doing better!! == Sorry, bf ate more of the leftover chicken the other day and there wasn't very much left on it...no chicken salad. == Is the pizza the kind you bake at home??

Ceejay - At least your niece is making progress, and hopefully stays on track.

Susie - Hope you have a good TOPS weigh-in!

Hellos to the rest of you!

==

Nothing much to report. Had to be at work early for an early meeting this morning. Thought I'd get a better spot in the train station parking lot because it was earlier, but nope.

My water intake was bad a couple days ago, so yesterday I really paid attention and it was better. As the weather gets warmer it won't be as difficult.

Not very happy that Aunt Flo came to visit a couple days ago after being absent since last September. I guess "the change" isn't happening just yet. Which stinks, cuz I really just wanted it to be over and done with.

My new purse came yesterday. Of course I ordered it in black. I think it's gonna work out. I'll give it some time, and once I'm sure it works for me, I'll order another one in a medium gray color that I liked.

That's it for me, so I'll get this posted. Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I have been missing in action due to work, but I guess you all know when I go quiet it is due to work.

Because I was out of the office today, taking Genny to chemo and also tomorrow, John is getting his loop recorder out since the battery has expired and he doest need the recorder because he stays in afib. It is an outpatient procedure but he has to be there at 10 am and the procedure at noon and then usually they keep you 1 to 2 hrs afterwards.

So, I worked over to be sure things that have deadlines for next week are in good shape. I wasnt able to come home and work as I needed things that I cant bring home from the office so I worked until 7:30 pm each night.

I didnt get to work out at all this week. I was to tired. I didnt make TOPS tonight because after Genny's chemo, we went to her wig fitting and then had a later lunch and we got back from Columbus at 6 pm.

That is what has been going on in my life.

Annie: I was surprised that your crown is gold. The sign you made is really cool. Great job!

Dee: that is a lot of ice and snow! It was good you were able to get out and get supplies before it hit so you could just stay put where it was warm.

Happy: I know I wouldnt get in the car with someone who has been sick like that. I think you would for sure get it as well.

Laura: It sounds like your online shopping was a success.

Sorry to hear that Aunt Flo came for a unexpected visit.

Hi to Ceejay and Shad.

See you all tomorrow
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #63  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls, I'm sorry for not posting. I had a health relapse on Saturday & it's continued all week long. Very bad abdominal pains with swelling or it's bloating & the area is hard like a rock (I remember Ron's doctor saying about him, that soft is a healthy sign, hard isn't in that area when he was sick). I phoned my doctor to see if a appt had opened up, nope so I have almost 2 weeks till my appt. Tomorrow I'm going to try Miralax & see if maybe I have a blockage somewhere. Nothing else I can think of to try now to fix myself.

If anyone has experienced something similar & fixed themselves, please tell me. All wee I've been drinking more water w Metamucil fiber powder & walking 3 miles a day, while hurting & my normal routine.

Dh just woke up & wants me to go to sleep, but it's difficult being in pain. Since my pains began I've been watching old episodes of Will & Grace from 10-12am to put me to sleep. Sometimes Dh hears Jack or Karen's voices & he wakes up for 10 minutes to watch & laugh, then he's back to sleep till 3:30am & leaves at 4:30am & home at 3pm. Leaving at 6:00am was much easier for both of us...

I gotta go to sleep now. I hope that everyone has a Wonderful weekend. Just grocery shopping for us this weekend, at least we won't be driving in any snow.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning!

Dryer is fixed for only $25.00. Yeah. Neighbor got the parts installed perfectly. Dried my sheets and comforter. Tadah!

DEE...hope you get to feeling better. Stool softener helps me when I have issues like this.

SUSIE...Stop and get back to YOU!! Great friend to help Genny. Great wife to be with DH for his procedure also. Don't forget to be great to yourself! Rolling pin inserted here.

LAURA...Bummer on ole flo. WTHeck was she thinking. She must be related to Mother Nature. They are all weird. Yes, the pizza was the kind you bake at home. I love purses, bags and such. Kind of my weakness.

CEEG...safe travels back to sanity!

Hello to all...Hugs...got a loan closing at 9 today, off-site. Travel today.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #65  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

We still have a lot of snow but with temps in the 50's it will melt soon. I am not looking forward to the frost line melting which means the sump pumps start and run and run continuously for about a month or more. Always makes me nervous.

My art class was fun on Wednesday. I am inspired to draw trees again. Bingo went ok last night - it's starting to lose some of it's magic and is becoming more work than enjoyment. However my partner is having lots of medical issues so I need to hang in there for him and to support the center. I'll find out tomorrow how my driver is doing and if the trip to Chicago is still on even though I have about 3 more weeks for it. Since I didn't work at the Thrift Shop Monday I agreed to work this afternoon. I will be with my buddy G so I am looking forward to visiting with her. Tomorrow I go to the farmers market and pick up my half pig - it's about 70 pounds of pork cuts - think I have room in the freezer just fine. Sunday is the rescheduled Humane Society event I have to work at. Lots going on right now... I have a metal tooth in the back too - not sure if it's gold though. They covered the one that holds my partial so that it's stronger. Will we get good radio reception now?

Annie - I'm glad you got your dryer fixed inexpensively. Glad you finally got a break after all these expensive repairs. Ugh. Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL birthday card. It made my eyes water a bit. Such a lovely sentiment and what you wrote. You are awesome Sister Friend Regarding the pizza - I think sometimes you are way better off getting a cheese pizza like you did and adding fresh toppings. Yum. Hope you can maybe sneak home earlier today after your loan closing.

Dee - sorry you aren't feeling well. I find that water, fruit/fiber foods and moving around helps.

Susie - I hope all goes well with DH's procedure. Is he still having problems with AFIB then? Ugh. Hope all your extra time working late pays off with a smoother week next week.

Laura - 2 years ago I decided to buck the trend with neutral purses and bought a teal purse. I get tons of compliments on it. And I also used it over the winter mostly because I was too lazy to change purses. So go for the pop of color. Also with Aunt Flo - perimenopause (I think I got that right) the time between last regular flows and the eventual end - can take a couple of years to complete. Also I started up - mostly spotting - after I had stopped for well over a year. I mentioned it to my doctor at my next check up and it turned out I had a fibroid or polyp that was causing the problem. So keep an eye on things ... One of the most startling things was cramps again - it had been so long that I forgot what they were like and YIKES what the heck is that??? Hope you feel better. Have you decided what you want to do with an exercise program for the summer? DId you trudge through all your dry work reading?

Ceejay - hope you can get back home and stay there for a while.

Hi Shad are you back in the garden doing your own thing again?

Time to get off the computer and get ready for my shift.

Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #66  

Morning all. TGIF! Another sunny day and the temps are warming up. I think I’ll get outside at lunchtime for a short stroll.

Susie – I guess the long hours are worth it since it let you take yesterday and today off work to be with Genny and your dh (and not get behind on deadline items). But I agree with Annie – get back to you! Hope you get right back on the workout train today or this weekend.

Dee – Good to see you posting! Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Are you still waiting to go over the results of the scan you had a couple weeks ago?? == Good to keep active, I’m sure it helps. (Do you take the doggies with you on your walks?) If you think you have a blockage, definitely try an OTC med to remedy it. == Love Will & Grace! I find Jack and Karen more entertaining that W&G!

Annie – Glad the dryer was fixed inexpensively. You’ve got a handy neighbor! == Haha, I like the idea that Aunt Flo and Mother Nature are related - both are definitely acting nutty these days!! Runs in the family. == When you have offsite loan closings, do you travel by yourself or with a co-worker? At least it’s a change of scenery…

Hellos to Happy, Shad & Ceejay!

==
I boarded the train home last night and was walking down the aisle and somehow flung my hand into a metal grab handle that’s on the corner of each seatback along the aisle. Ouch!! The knuckle and pinky of my left hand were hurt & are sore. I iced it for a short time when I got home. I’m glad it didn’t swell much, but then again there isn’t much there except skin and bone. Probably bruised the bone...good going.

We went to Costco last night, where I bought some generic Flonase for my allergies. I usually get it via rx from the mail order pharmacy. However, since I haven’t met my medical deductible yet, my rx’s are basically priced at retail, which is outrageous. So I’m trying to wait as long as I can before ordering any rx’s so that the MRI and the bone growth stimulator bills wiped out the deductible – at least BCBS have some discounts on those procedures. However, the BGS claim has been denied by my med insurance and they are apparently still waiting for more supporting documentation from the BGS people. Grrr. Anyway, I was really surprised to find that a 5-pack of the generic was only $17. If it works identically to the rx generic I use, I’ll probably stop getting it via rx.

I used my cash back reward certificate (earned on my Costco credit card last year) to pay, and also used some of the cash to renew our membership for the year. Still have cash left, gonna put that in the bank. Oh wait, not so fast… Tomorrow we have a birthday lunch for my friend D, so it’ll go for lunch and a gift. I also have a hair appointment tomorrow morning, so there's tip cash for that...

That’s about it for me. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #67  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Monday...

I am on a 3 hour webinar for my insurance producer's license. Oh goody, it starts a 9:00 am. I have a few more hours of continuing ed to maintain my license. Have to have this all done by June. Ethics is a mandatory requirement which is the course I am taking today. Between work ethics and insurance ethics I should be pretty ethical.

Weekend was way too short. Got lots done. Went to IKEA for the very first time yesterday. It is the new store in Fishers, IN. About a 30 minute drive. Sis went with me. Was looking for rugs for my living room. Found them, great prices plus by getting a rewards card for IKEA I got 25.00 off my purchase. Oh Yeah! It is a huge place and very confusing. Probably won't go there again until I am looking for something specific. Of course doesn't help that I don't like shopping, crowds or people, lol. Anyway the rugs look fabulous.

Jacob won his first baseball game. His team is the CUBs...there you go LAURA. Go Cubbies. Actually I am a Cubbies fan from way back. My grandpa was a Cubbie fan and he used to listen to the games on his radio. I sat with him on many occasions and listened with him. I miss that man more than I can say. Soon, grandpa, soon. Jacob did take a line drive hit to his leg at 2nd base. At least he fielded the ball BEFORE he fell apart. He tried to fight back the tears. Poor lil guy. My heart was aching for him and it took all I had not to run out on the field and scoop him up. OMGosh. Sam missed it as she had to take Royce to the potty and that is when it happened. Probably a good thing. Royce's first game is this Friday evening. His team is the Mudcats. Fits him. He is in the rookie league (instructional), which was Jacob last year. Jacob is now a PeeWee.

LAURA...Gotta love those reward certificates. We did renew our Costco membership. It has been a year and cannot say we have really missed it at all. One less place to spend money. Hand bruises are the worst. I got a wrist bruise from about the same type of whack.

HAPPY...Sadly I had to come back to work after the loan closing. Just so much going on lately. Especially with our #1 sales guy leaving. Leaves a HUGE hole. Hopefully we can get someone just as good. Are you slowing down with volunteering? Take the summer off and enjoy yourself. Put in a notice now for the summer.

Hello to everyone. Make it a great day/night. Hugs
Old 04-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

Happy Monday chicks,

Weekend went well. I picked up the pork. Got it all in the freezer although some of it is rather crammed in there. I tried to arrange it with like items so I can find stuff. Actually I have things in plastic bins which while it makes it easier to pull out a bin and go through stuff, those bins also take up alot of space - they fit sideways instead of deep so they don't maximize the space very efficiently. Have to choose ease of access vs storing a ton of stuff. I was upset at first because I told the butcher I did not care of ham. And what do I get, 7 2 pound fresh ham chunks. However thanks to Google I did find that those are just savory pork roasts which I am good with. And I got 6 thick pork roasts too. 12 pounds of bacon, 6 packages of pork chops - 2 to a pack, 2 packs of ham hocks (I make broth with it), a chunk (slightly bigger than a gallon of milk) of lard that needs to be rendered (it's too warm now to hang it as suet for the birds), 3 packages of spare ribs, a small pork tenderloin, and twenty 1 pound packages of ground pork. I was wondering what I can do with all that ground pork but again, thanks Google - I found some wonderful recipes - carnitas/tacos, lettuce wraps, breakfast sausage, meatballs, potstickers. Also found a couple of interesting Asian recipes for pork and noodles. Altogether, 105 pounds of frozen meat. Actually now that I think about it, I didn't get any ham steaks which is great because I still have some left over from the last time I bought meat so I'm glad for what I have and VERY GLAD I didn't complain to the farm lady like I was going to.

After I picked up the meat and put it away we went over to the lady who landscaped our house last year. She always has a spring "potting party". The majority of her business is landscaping and garden pots and arrangements. She orders her flowers in the spring, makes up the baskets and arrangements for many of the local businesses here and what is leftover she invites people to come out - enjoy mimosas and wine and champagne, bring some empty pots and select flowers to fill them up. They will help with arranging too. I got some gorgeous yellow and deep rust ladyslippers and with DH's eye for photography, this year I selected several flowers for their photogenic appeal. I did 4 pots including this adorable shoe planter with bunnies that I picked up at the thrift shop when I popped in that morning to drop some stuff off. DH came with me to tote the planters and take pictures but then he realized once he got there that he did not have an extra camera battery in the car as he thought Part of this outing was to allow him to take some flower pictures as he is all ramped up to get out and take pictures. So ... he didn't get much. As we were leaving I wanted to get pictures of my planters but I could not see my cell phone in the glare of the sun and the camera slipped to some plano feature and my pictures got cut off so nothing to show you right now. After you plant the pots, they hold them in their greenhouses for another 6 weeks until the weather is completely safe and all frost danger is over. It was funny - it was 55 degrees (F) out - we were all in t-shirts and yet we still have about a foot and a half of snow on the ground. The last few days have been up near 60 degrees but the snow is slow to melt. Our fishing season opener is soon and there is still alot of ice on the lake. The air is very dry here too so the sun feels extra warm and we don't get the damp chill off the snow - hence the t-shirts and total joy from all locals that spring indeed, slow to show up may finally be here. We saw a butterfly yesterday but it's too soon. Robins got caught in last weekend's blizzard and are dying from lack of food and hypothermia. Things are warm now but it's still about a week too soon.

Yesterday I just stayed in and enjoyed the day to myself. Made homemade maple breakfast sausage and eggs. It was sweet but not maple tasting enough for me even though I used real maple syrup tapped from trees just down the road from me. I watched the movie I, Tonya which I thought was fantastic. Margot Robbie did a lot of her own skating in the movie which was incredible. And Allison Jamey who plays Tonya's mom certainly deserved the academy award she received for supporting actress. There was a meteor shower Saturday night and for a chance it was a moonless, clear sky. Those are best viewed in the 2 predawn hours just before sunrise. I got up at 3am for a potty run but decided a warm bed was more inviting than standing out on a cold deck and went back to bed.

Today I have to head out for an emergency finance meeting for the shelter. We don't have any fundraisers until June and are in a cash flow crisis at the moment. Well gee folks, when I brought up the spending last year (more spending than income) I was told the budget was a "guideline" rather than strict adherence. In my book, you exceed budgeted amounts and don't have the income for the excess THEN YOU STOP SPENDING. But what do I know? Guess they will have to use some of their reserve funds. I did send a letter stating I won't be working the shop for the summer but I will do the paperwork and pick up supplies as I have done. Got an odd reaction that makes me glad I am taking a break. After the meeting I will pick up a few groceries, head over to the senior center for lunch and then work my last shift at the shop for a while.

Annie - ouch on Jacob taking one in the leg. Hopefully it didn't scare him off as that had to hurt like the dickens. I have never been to IKEA - they built the first one in the area by Laura around the time I was moving out and DH was not keen on the Scandinavian sort of furniture they had at the time so we never had been in the store. I hear it's amazing - good score on the rugs at a great price! It's nice to get a few pieces to spiff up the place now and then. Have fun (said tongue in cheek) with your compliance training. Yawnnnnnnnn.

Laura - ouch on the hand bonk. It is bruised or feeling better today? As far as the medical costs and deductible go, does it really matter what you spend it on? I mean if you have a $1500 deductible it either goes fast on an MRI or slow on prescriptions. Either way it hurts your wallet with $1500 less in it. I always hate the first 3 months of the year - car and house insurance, taxes AND for me get whalloped with hitting the medical deductible. Although this is the last year, next year I go on MEDICARE and hopefully come to an end of all this money I have spent the last few years. Anyway, yes, the allergy and asthma meds are crazy expensive.

Hello to the rest of you lot. Will catch up on personals after you post. I need to get in the shower and get ready. Looks like a lovely week up here, I hope you all have glorious weather too.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Gee last one out, first one in today???

I thought I had the day to myself today and checked the calendar last night and lo and behold, I am filling in at the Senior Center all day today. Good thing I saw it on the calendar or I would have overslept for sure. That kind of mucked up my plans but hey as Annie says - man plans, God laughs.

Had a finance committee meeting yesterday for the shelter/thrift shop. Spoke my piece, we'll see what happens. They don't want to offend old time volunteers which I am not advocating BUT we have to change things and they don't want to change ANY THING so we will always be stuck in trouble if we don't. Doesn't matter to me. I worked my last shift yesterday afternoon for what I hope to be a good while so do what you will people. It's not my fate in your hands.

Otherwise I am looking forward to getting some things accomplished.

I guess will just say hello since I'm the only one in the room here and I will check back later. Have a good one peeps.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #70  

Afternoon all.

Annie – Ugh, 3 hour webinar. Are you ethical now? Wow IKEA on the weekend, you are a brave one. That place is a zoo on the weekends. But I do like what they offer, especially in terms of prices. == Ouch, poor Jacob. But he’s back out there playing again I hope.

Happy – Wow, that’s a lot of pork! Sounds like you have ideas of how to use it all. == Your potting party reminds me that I have a cutting of one of my houseplants that now has roots that I should get potted and give to my mom. == Good for you – no more thrift shop shifts for a while (say that 3 times fast!!). Stand firm sister!! == Re the shop and the board not pushing for change…okay, but I’m sure they all know the saying about always doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome…insanity. == My hand is still sore. Been less than a week though, so I’ll give it more time. == As for the difference between medical treatment expenses vs. rx’s going towards the deductibles…the insurance company has agreed-upon pricing and discounts on the med stuff even though I haven’t met the deductible yet. For the rx’s, however, under the high deductible plan, until you meet the deductible, you’re stuck with “retail” prices. So my share of the medical costs is a lot more than my prescriptions in absolute dollars, but if I could work out the timing, I’d still rather have the med stuff wipe out the deductible quick so I can just pay co-pays on the rx’s. Yes, this is a psychological thing - 6 of 1, half dozen of another, yada yada, but that’s my take on it. == Hope your day at the senior center went well.

Hellos to the rest of you!!

==
My weekend was fine. Saturday was a hair appointment, errands, then a birthday lunch for my friend D. One of my HS friends who also went to the same grade school with me told me they set the date for the grade school reunion – Sept 22. So Happy/Shad – if the commune gathering happens this year, I hope it can be worked around this date.

Sunday was shopping with mom. Warning: vent to follow….The usual giant amount of groceries. I didn’t know when she last shopped, and she didn’t say if/when my sister last took her shopping, and my sister and I aren’t in touch with each other much. But anyway – my mom doesn’t call to ask me because I work all week and she doesn’t want me to spend my precious weekends shopping, so the need builds up if my sister doesn’t get over there to do it. Not running out of food to eat, just running low/out of certain items. Anyway…ignoring my sister’s availability or lack thereof for purposes of this vent (though my sister theoretically has more time than me because she doesn’t work, but then again, she had her knee replaced in December and had been doing PT for it) - if I shopped for my mom (not with her), I could run out by myself after work to do the shopping and then drop it off the next evening or on a Saturday, or bf could drop it off if he had time. Sigh. And when I talk about this to others, they tell me my mom just likes to get out and do something…well, I’d rather get out and do something with her that’s more pleasant and/or different than grocery shopping. Go for a walk on the grounds of her community, go to the local historical museum, go out to lunch, take her for a haircut… End of vent.

My eating wasn’t the greatest over the weekend, nor yesterday. Today has been slightly better. I am, however, on week 3 of tracking on MFP. Better than nothing.

I moved the unused/unsold exercise bike (no bites from the Craigslist ad yet) a few feet out of the way (it has wheels on the front part) and now I have a bit of room to exercise in my little workout area, so I should get back to doing some workouts that don’t bother my foot. Should?? Need to!

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-24-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:26 AM   #71  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all
Short post since I have managed to get a head cold and am not feeling well. Sitting here feeling sorry for myself too. So many things I want to do and not fit enough to do anything.
Hope everyone is doing better than me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #72  
Choose your hard

Well Miss Shad, being sick and sluggish is no way to CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Happy Birthday to you my friend although as the day dawns here on the 25th, I'm afraid it's nearly over on your side of the world. I will be wishing you well all day and better health too.

I will come back later for personals. Have to drive DH to the hospital shortly. He is getting another cortisone injection in his neck and he has to have a driver with him.

Be back later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-25-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #73  

Happy (belated) Birthday to Shad!

Enjoy the cakes, they are calorie free!

Sorry, I missed it by just a wee bit as I see the calendar has recently flipped over to Thursday where you are. And you're also probably asleep at the moment. Hope, in spite of the head cold, you had a nice birthday. Feel better soon.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-25-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #74  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE...Happy birthday baby! Hope it was not too bad with your cold. Suckie birthday present. Hugs sweet sister.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:53 PM   #75  
Annie - Indiana

Continuing Ed class was boring altho informative about Supplements and Advantages of Retirement choices. It pretty much sounds bleak. But hasn't it always?

Our weather is supposed to gradually get better and by Monday be in the 70s. I feel a sick day coming on but won't cause it would jinx me into illness.

LAURA...wow a grade school reunion. Well I guess it is not too diff from my HS reunion as all of us that went to HS together pretty much went to grade school together. So there is that. Hmmm, you and momma shopping is an anxiety attack waiting to happen. I pray I don't get like that when I am elderly. Notice I said elderly as I feel OLD already. Tracking your food is a good 1st step in the right direction. Keep on trucking.

HAPPY...Hope DH does well with his injection. Maybe this second shot will help more. I am just going to say I am proud of you for UN-volunteering for a while. You need to make yourself #1. WOW that is a LOT of pig to eat. I am not all that much of a fan for pig, so it would probably be wasted in my house.

Hello to all....Oh Happy Day!! Hugs

Tags
chicks, worldlie, worldly