Old 02-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #241  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day!

More of the same crap today. Can't keep up at work. I am so stressed with C and this job it is no wonder I don't have another heart attack. Just sayin' I really need a massage but too tight to put the $$ out for it.

Tonight is the pinking of my hair. I am a bit leary of doing it but going to do it. Hope it looks ok and not like an old woman trying to act like a kid. I will be the old pink haired lady instead of the old blue haired lady.

DEE...many healing prayers to you.

SHADDIE...you wear me out with all that you do. Your garden sounds quite lovely and very yummy...

CEEG...does owning half the kitty make you have to pay half of its cost at the vet? As much enjoyment as you get out of it, what a deal for you.

LAURA...boo on the windshield and waterproofing cost. Always something. BF... Men, why won't they take anything to help them? It does not prove anything.

HAPPY... I love the VOICE. I watched it too. Kelly Clarkson is refreshing. Keto..fruits are limited to berries, straw, blue, black, cran, any type but only a small amount daily. All veggies are included with the exception of root veggies like potatos, sweet potatoes, no starchy veggies either like corn. Carrots on a limited basis. Our winter has been awful cold, not a lot of snow so to speak. More rain today. Usually what Ceeg gets in Missouri, passed through Indiana/KY then on to SUSIE in Ohio. We are all kind of in a path of rain/flood/snow/tornados, etc. How is DH feeling? More importantly, how are you feeling? God love you both and lift you into his healing arms. Amen.

SUSIE...how are you feeling? What is going on with you? I think stress at work makes us sick. I am overwhelmed right now, I don't know how you do it every day. Feel better, my sister friend, and may God wrap you in his healing arms also. Amen.

Wraps it up for me, must get busy.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #242  
Annie - Indiana

Did anyone else get a friend request from MELLIE. I did yesterday, kind of freaky.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Lost a post, will try again.

Annie
I've offered to pay half the cost for the vet bill. But after I talked about having her claws trimmed or having her declawed she's about to back out. Miley is a good kitten. Sorry that you are overwhelmed at work. Take a few deep breaths.

Susie and Dee where are you two?

The page is jumping up and down on me so I will close

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-28-2018 at 12:21 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #244  

Morning all.

Ceejay – Now that you’re sharing the kitty, do you plan to have Miley at your house sometimes? == I know there’s no cure for viruses – colds, flu, etc. – but I don’t understand not wanting to take something that would help lessen the symptoms and make you more comfortable while waiting for it to run its course. == So great you’ve gotten through your dental appointments. Now you just have to keep up with the cleanings and exams and hope there’s no other work needed for a while. == Awesome you’re seeing your fitness improve. Yep, dogs can definitely keep you more active.

Shad – Nice that you now have extra space for the veg garden. So what is the coldest it gets in your area in winter? == Re the trains pulling cars out – I’m not sure if they pull the cars out for maintenance/overhaul, or if they remove them to save money. If it’s the latter, I agree, they shouldn’t do it in the peak/rush hours. Since they don’t have the capital to replace the cars, I have a feeling they pull the cars to repair them, but they don’t have enough spares in operable condition to serve temporary duty while the other cars are out for repair/overhaul.

Dee – I’m sorry you’re suffering once again from the facial numbness, as well as tingling in your fingers/legs. I hope all the symptoms ease up and that the walking helps you. Sending you healing thoughts! :hugs: == If you move to be closer to your children, will your husband keep the same job, or will he have to find another one closer to your new home??

Annie – Sorry you’re going through such a bad time right now. Job stress on top of your other troubles, that stinks. Hang in there. Be strong. Maybe you can find a college or school that has a massage therapy program in your area that offers less expensive massages that are done by the students. BF and I have done that a couple times. I’ve thought of doing it again – need to look up the info. If I recall, you have to make appointments well in advance at certain times in the year because they book up very quickly. Anyway, just a thought.

Happy – Hope you’re still fighting off the virus!!

Susie – How’s your week going?

==
I paid the property taxes yesterday. Done until August. I scheduled my mammogram. Left a message and waiting to hear back from the orthopedic doctor to see what kind of MRI should be scheduled for my foot.
The waterproofing guy came out yesterday. Might be around $650 to fix three cracks in the foundation. Bf might do the repair himself.

Tonight’s Pilates. Last one of the session. The rib feels okay right now, I’ll see if the class makes it sore again. Thinking of taking a yoga class for the next session…

Okay, gotta run. Listening to a webinar right now, not good at multitasking…
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #245  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning fine ladies,

The weather is breaking finally and with it come the dahhhhmmmm Asian beetles. There must be a hundred crawling around in the upper window. Usually DH vacuums them up but he's been feeling dizzy and woozy the last couple of days and I told him not to get up on a 2 story ladder if he's feeling that way trying to juggle a canister vacuum cleaner too. We have to do something - it's an infestation.

Yesterday I was supposed to only fill in for 90 minutes at the reception desk but the receptionist's kid got the pukey flu so she stayed home with her AFTER she had to clean out the inside of her car. What is it with children and barfing??? Probably why I never had kids. I was able to stay the entire day - blew off my writing class - it's not nearly as interesting as the last class so no biggie outside of the cost of it - this was a higher priced class, even with a senior discount. I had alot of phone calls - over 40. Used the dreaded old fashioned paper cutter - the one with the long arm blade to cut up bus tickets and other paper forms. I thought it was funny - several people asked me to do some other stuff - I am really good at Word and Excel from my prior working life. "Are you gonna be here tomorrow too???" they ask. No, sorry - just for bbq rib lunch It was a busy day and a nice distraction.

Last night I started feeling icky. Took some Nyquil and went to sleep at 10:30 - a sure sign I am getting sick. I have a tickle in my throat, my chest feels a bit heavy today. I think I am still on the verge of getting sick, hoping to fight it off. I have nothing planned today except lunch and nothing tomorrow except bingo. We figured out that my bingo partner was Mr. Infectious - he was very ill this weekend with exactly the symptoms DH had. DH is feeling better - still coughing but he is taking Mucinex and controlling his symptoms.

Annie - a friend request from Mellie? How - FB? here? I didn't see anything. I'm sorry you are so stressed out. It's bad enough when there are issues on the homefront OR work but to have them in both places is just too much. You will have to be on Susie's "take your life back" plan. I think you need and deserve that massage more than anything right now. Take the money from all you saved from not buying no no keto foods Seriously girl, a lot of people depend on you - take care of number one. Certainly don't want you stressing that poor heart of yours either. C needs to "poop or get off the pot" and decide what he wants instead of prolonging the agony. I do think a trial separation is not a bad thing. Give you both a chance to decide how you want to move forward with your lives. As for work, you can only get as much done as one person can do at a time. Even yesterday I could have stayed past 4 - there were things to do, I felt a bit guilty because I didn't have enough time to finish something for a person I really like there - but it was closing time and I told DH I'd be home. Personal sense of responsibility can be a burden at times. All the work will be there the next day for you. B-A-L-A-N-C-E sister. Well as much as I do like berries, cauliflower and brussel sprouts - I would miss a lot on keto. Not a huge potato fan - except for the cook's fabulous potato salad, but I like a wide variety of things. Thanks for the info though. I wish you worked at one of those places that had an on site masseuse to rub your shoulders and work the knots out.

Dee - I am very sorry to hear of your troubles. I kind of feel like the doctors don't help much anymore if it's not an obvious answer to our troubles. I do hope they can find something to give you relief and will put you on the prayer lists. If you listen to the realtors and price your house to sell (take the personal feelings out of it) you can generally sell quickly. We sold both of our houses in 10 and 11 days respectfully - in both a good and a bad market.

Mrs Shad you've got a lovely garden Nice variety of things going in. Do you plant cooler weather vegs first or just do as we do and put everything in and cross your fingers? As for the lettuces I have never had luck in the beds although they came up with some creative plantings at the garden center - variety lettuces planted in dirt in a colander. I was able to move these "potted plants" in and out of sun and heat and they did much better for me than ever before. Of course you don't get a ton of lettuce but enough cutting for at least 2 good salads a week.

Ceejay - congrats on being "half of a rescue mom" I think you'll have a kitten in your future. I have often wished I could have that full sedation for dentistry but it's all the way in Duluth - too far to go to the dentist back and forth - at least right now in this weather. I hope you are done with all your dental work for a good long while.

Laura - I have had a few things published - wrote a few articles for the local paper here over the years. I also did an interview for a software program we were using on our help desk and it was published in Computer World - at the time a big deal in the computing world. I was really angry though because they twisted around what I said and it came out offensive in parts. Unfortunately they reserved editorial rights so nothing I could do about it. I learned my lesson not to give interviews after that. Boo on the BF not taking anything OTC to relieve his symptoms. Mine lived on Mucinex and Nyquil but I did have to push aspirin down his throat when he had a fever. Hello menopause - which can last for years. Your hair will suffer for it. There is some truth to estrogen being a youth hormone. But there are other great things about it too. I don't think it's nearly the "thing" it was during our mom and grandmom's time.

Best get this posted - there are other things that need doing.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #246  
Annie - Indiana

Default Pinkdom~~

Here is my hair pics. Not exactly what I had in mind but I do like it, for a minute at least. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (30.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hair 2.jpg (29.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #247  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Annie - I really like your hair too. Yes, I also thought they'd do tips - like dip dyed effect but this looks good. Trendy without being over the top. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts and how it fades out. You look good in pink! You also have the perfect face and cut for that kind of color. Glad you like it.

I am feeling tired and crummy today. Chest is heavy - DH used my Mucinex and went and bought a new bottle but it is the sinus one not the DM for coughing which we both need. I don't blame him - there are about 8 different formulas. I didn't think to tell him when he went out. I'm going to drink alot of honey tea and liquids today. We should cancel bingo but my partner won't do it even though he is too sick and should not be there either. I just feel lousy - not the full on coughing hacking that others have had.

Talked to my sister yesterday - my cousin who is a retired cop has had more than his share of health issues. While on the job he was hit by a U-haul truck full on as he stopped someone for a traffic stop. It threw him 20 feet into the air and he came down broken like a marionette puppet. He has had a life of intense pain since. Now it seems that he has been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of leukemia. A - "you'd better get to the hospital IMMEDIATELY to begin treatment" kind. He and his wife just moved to Florida thinking he would feel better with aches and pains and now this. She is alone and I can't even imagine how she is coping. This makes 3 people with cancer in the last couple of weeks.

Guess I will post this and wait for the rest of you to check in.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Love your new hair color. My hair is to dark to try that. Wouldn't mind having some golden touches though. Was this message on here or on FB? If it's on FB beware. I had some to hack my uncle account once. I asked him a personal question that he couldn't answer

Happy
Glad DH is feeling better. Hope your sickness doesn't become full blown.

Laura
I agree with you that if one can help relieve symptoms and if OTC meds help then take them. I've decided to start taking the supplements that I was taking before for the arthritis in regard to what sis may think. After all it's my responsibility to keep healthy. No harshness intended.

-----
We are taking the kitten to the vet this afternoon. Niece has notice some swelling around he incision area. The incision looks good. Plus it is almost time for the stitches to come out. So maybe she will get rid of the cone today.
I'm trying something new to get some channels that I like to watch via cable. Subscribed to H--U--L--U. Leave out the dashes. This comes from the internet.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #249  

Morning all. Quick post for me. I'm taking a half day of vacation and I have a 3 pm appointment with the orthopedic doctor about my foot. We'll see what type of scan I need.

Happy- I hope you don't get hit too hard with whatever it is you're fighting. Glad you don't have a lot going on the next couple days - and bingo should be cancelled. Yes, the funds it raises is important, but not more important than sick people staying home and getting well and not passing their illness along to others. Please rest as much as you can so your body can use the energy to fight this thing!!

Annie - Cute hair! I have to say when you said pink, I was thinking bubble gum or pale pink and thought, oh that'll blend in with your color and be really subtle, but wow, I love that color! Yeh, I guess it's pink - hot pink. To me it's fuschia and that's really my favorite color to wear. You said that's not what you had in mind - what were you expecting?

Hellos to the rest of you.

Gotta run and get stuff done! TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-01-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #250  

Hi Ceejay - Yeh, my hair's too dark for color like that. == Re streaming services - learned about the one you mentioned and others. There are a lot more of them out there than I was aware of. Good luck with it - hope it has the channels you like to watch.

Annie - About the friend request from Mellie - was that on FB? Just curious. I didn't get anything. If it were through 3fc, I thought it might be her daughter trying to get in touch, but she wouldn't need to do it that way. Just odd.

Okay, signing off again.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #251  
Annie - Indiana

The friend request from MELLIE was on 3FC. Not FB. That is why I think it is so weird. I was thinking a more pastel pink than this dark fuschia. I understand it will fade fast and get to the bubblegum light pink stage. Probably only last for about 4 weeks. Ok by me. Probably be sick of it by then. I will post fade out pictures as it happens.

FEEL BETTER HAPPY and DH!!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #252  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I took a look at Mel's account. It hasn't been accessed for years. So I guess that someone was trying to be 'a little annoying' Annie
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:01 AM   #253  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls, I decided to read before going to sleep & catch up with you'all here since my last post. Maybe I can solve Annie's mystery about Mell?

Annie, I sent a friend request to you when I recently saw that your name wasn't on my friends list & you accepted it this week, miniDoodles. Annie pLease go back & check to see if you might have misread the friend request nickname, Mell was gone when I found this thread so I don't know what her 3FC nickname is or her avatar, but if it is similar to mine that could be what happened when you read mine? That's a possibility. You life has been overflowing with stress, massages in my area are $1 a minute, or $50 for 1 hour but well worth it to heal my body & my brain takes a mini vacation from life.

I'll be back soon for personals, I was busy doing our taxes this week, $2,300 tax refund including our state won't go far. When I turn 65 this month I heard that 85% of my social security would be taxed when I file for retirement; so I have to start reading government info & talk to my Dh, he's 55 & always wants a tax refund from his job, so I don't know if filing tax returns separately will be better?

Joy & Donna, I sent you friend requests to have everyone on my list to send a easy p.m. PLease tell me if my name appears incorrectly on your request, so we can tell 3FC about the error. It should show me as: miniDoodles, Thanks.

Good night & have a Wonderful weekend

Last edited by miniDoodles; 03-02-2018 at 01:18 AM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #254  
Annie - Indiana

Hi DEE....I did get your request. However, I also got the request from MELLIE a couple of days prior to your request. Not related or misread. Just plain ole weird. A refund of any sort it WAAAYYYY better than paying. We got a $120.00 refund from state. First time in 6 years we have not had to pay state. AMEN to that. We are getting a refund from federal, a little more. Hoping to save it for "emergencies". Hope you are feeling better. Take care of you, hugs.

SHADDIE...thanks for checking on MELLIE's account. Not sure what that was all about, but oh well, maybe a hello from heaven to me that things will be ok and she is watching out for all of us. Miss her sweet soul, a LOT.

LAURA...did you find out anything new at the doc? Hope they can help with your foot. What a PITA or PITFoot.

CEEG...how is the kitty? What did the vet say? Is she cone-less now?

HAPPY...you poor thing. How are you feeling? Hope bingo was not too hard on you. You are right about your cousin cop. His struggles are way worse than anything I have endured, well maybe kidney stones and child birth but both were short lived. Praying for healing and no pain for him.

SUSIE...how was WI last night? Hope you are sticking to YOU plans of focus.

Will come back for a "me" update shortly. Gotta go potty.

Hugs.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #255  
Annie - Indiana

My SIL, Pia came over for dinner and then helped us incorporate Cs route. I made grilled chicken caesar salad. Even made my own caesar dressing, croutons and grilled chicken. So wonderful. Made french onion soup from scratch. Both are Keto recipes. Very yummy. Served french bread also. Didn't eat the bread or croutons for me. I had made the dressing the night before along with the grilled chicken and bacon for the salad.

My weight has been fluctuating between 159 - 161. Booo. Still trying to get back to 154-55. I guess I need to get back to the basics of keto to get back down to GW.

Tomorrow is meeting, which I am chairing. Thinking about taking something from Cs truck - snack wise to share with others. Or maybe make something tonight if I get a wild hair to bake. The rest of the weekend is pretty mild. We are celebrating Royce's 4th birthday at Great Times on Sunday at 11. His BD is March 12. Already 4, so unreal.

Church on either Sat eve or Sun morning. Not sure. I miss my Sunday peeps I sit with when I go on Sat night. But Sat night is so much better as it gives me a free day to sleep in a bit, which I never do. However, the opportunity is there should it happen. lol.

That is all for me for now. Make it a great weekend. Hugs