Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the website Cristie. I went there and she no longer has the slider available. I had to e-mail her and ask her to e-mail me back. And she was quick! She e-mailed me back. So all I have to do is print it out. Now.... how do I use it?

I went to my advisor yesterday and I have to fine tune my reasons for needing the funding. Otherwise she said it looks great. Made me feel better. The idea of going back to school is just something else. I just hope I can find a good job that I will enjoy and not worry that the whole plant will close!

I really enjoyed working for Sony. The people were like family. I worked just shy of four years. And I worked 12hrs shifts. Four days on and four days off. You couldn't beat that!! It was a total shock for most when they closed in Oregon. For me and my sweetie (we both worked there) our first day back on shift was our last day there. So,, after that experience, I decided to not go back into production work and actually use my schooling. Little did I know I was outdated!! Oh well, what can I do but whine a little.

Well, I'm doing pretty good with the 21 day challenge. I've drank 6 glasses of water today. I almost don't want to look at water anymore, then I step outside (we have A/C in the house) and it's so hot and humid,,,, that I go back in and drink some more. Also, for lunch today, James(my sweetheart)and I went and had a sandwhich made and we split it. He grabbed a snapple and I grabbed a bottled water. I felt pretty darned proud of that. Right now for dinner we have a London Broil in the crock pot full of carrots and ONE little potato. I had to laugh at that. We only had one potato left so we figured carrots are better anyway. So I guess you can say that I'm doing ok.

Did anyone see the post in the support thread? The one titled "why bother?" It was sad. This woman feels depressed and doesn't feel like life is worth going on. I wanted to reply but I wasn't quite sure how to word things. I'm going to think of some encouraging words and reply sometime soon. I know how she feels. I have never been in her weight range, but that doesn't mean that you don't reach a point in your life that you're questioning why is life worth living. Of coarse I had other issues in my life on top of being overweight, but ...... I don't know..... I want to help, say something to let her know we are all here for her to support her. She got some really good responses already. But I figure the more she gets the better.

Angie...when you figure out something that'll get you excited... please pass it along my way. This first week of being OP is tough. And I'm totally thinking of using WW. But I'm at a lost of how it all works. I need to get on there site and read up on it all.

Oh yeah,,,, I have another confession to make. One that I haven't quite mentioned at all. On top of trying to get myself healthier and doing better with my weight,,, I am also trying to stop.....*sigh*...... smoking...... Yes, I'm a smoker. And I hate to admit that. But I need to. It will help my process. Sept. 8th is my stop smoking day.; It was a promise that was made that I intend to keep. I didn't want to mention it due to trying to work on one thing at a time but since I've made a promise and I NEVER break a promise..... I thought it was time to share. I know I will be cranky. And I know I will have a hard time with trying to quit and lose weight at the same time. But you know, knowing that I can come here for support really really helps!!! So.... if you notice my ups and downs in the next week or two,,, it's because I'm not longer puffing on toxic fumes!!

Ok... now that I've wrote my novel. I will go. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Oh yeah,, Glad to see you back Nancy!!!

Marti
Old 09-05-2003, 07:59 AM   #32  

Unhappy Worried

Hi Ladies,

I am sure your are probably not watching the weather in Bermuda, but they are scheduled to have a major hurricane (category 3, Fabian) hit there later today. By luck I am not there but many friends are and our house is there as well. I am so worried, and I hope that no one is hurt, but it does not look good. I feel so helpless up here, when most of my life is down there. Luckily my family is here with me, so no worries about that. I will just have to sit and wait today with crossed fingers and hope that by some miracle the hurricane changes direction and does not hit directly.

I am doing great on my diet. I have not deviated from the Turn Up the Heat Plan at all. I will weigh myself on Sunday which will be a week and post my weight. I too am drinking lots of water. I thought that the optimal amount was 1/2 oz for every pound you weigh, but in the Turn Up the Heat it sais that you should drink 1oz for every pound that you weigh. I am drinking somewhere in between. Last night I made Apple Crisp for the rest of the family, we have my husbands parents with us at the cottage now, and I did not have any of it. I just ate 4oz of fish and some spinach, and a nectarine for desert...how great is that? I actually put some apple crisp in my mouth, chewed it around and then spit it out!!! I know this is disgusting but it is a great trick if you just have to have the taste of something. I have probably grossed you all out with that!!! Another trick I use is to think about how I will feel the next day if I deviate from the plan. It is a wonderful feeling to wake up in the morning and know that you were very good with your eating the day before!!! Hopefully all this enthusiasm will continue!!! I have to start thinking of an excersize plan...anyone have any ideas of fun things to do?

Well...hope you have a great day,

Nancy.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Do not post here - go to Chit Chat # 7

See you there!
Closed Thread