Old 06-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #76  

Morning all. I think it'll be a nicer day today for weather. Yesterday was really hot and also rather windy.

Happy – I’ll have to read that Tribune article. I haven’t quite gotten to the Sunday paper yet… What a shame the fundraiser didn’t do well. Are your knees feeling any better? Get in that hot tub!! I hope WW online is helpful for you. I hope that by paying for it, it gives you some sort of motivation. For me...it would probably just bring on the guilt, LOL. What a PITA to get your ww switched from meetings to online!! Nothing is ever easy these days. No, shouldn’t say that. I renewed my drivers’ license online and just received it in the mail. Just wish it could have come with a nicer photo of me - I look downright hostile in the existing one!! I’m sorry you and DH are still struggling to get the deck/siding started and the front door redone! What a headache – one that just won’t go away! How awful your car is damaged from careless people. You’d have to move somewhere really remote to avoid that kind of thing. I guess you and DH will just have to move off the grid and be completely self-sustaining. But you’d probably have to install your own solar panels and water retention/filtration system, seeing how difficult it is to get a contractor to do a job, let alone do it right.

Shad – Hmmm, no one shows up to a scheduled training session?! What a waste of resources, but it was easy money for you, as you said. It's also bf’s pet peeve to have to pay a marked-up price for materials from a contractor, so we agree with you about supplying one's own materials. The contractors are not happy about that! Let us know how the landlady's fancy vegetarian dinner goes! So now you’re on a countdown along with Ceejay. Nice.

Susie – So you will just be reporting to one person now – the new Director? Sounds like that’s a positive thing for you – hope it turns out that way. Fingers Good for you getting on the bike! Yes, I do get some soreness after gardening that’s thankfully short-lived – a bit of a sore lower back and hamstrings from bending, sore feet from wearing sneakers when using the shovel instead of thick-soled boots or shoes, and sore hands/forearms from gripping tools. I guess it’s a good thing I can’t devote all that much time to yard work or it would be worse. On the other hand, I suppose I’d eventually be conditioned for it...

Annie – Glad you’re getting to a better place now. But it must still be so worrying to watch your dd going through her marital problems. Praying the counseling does some good for them. Re being on/near the water – I just read part of an article about studies done as to the health of people living on/near the water vs not, and also vs. near green areas. Not surprising, those near water have better mental health. http://www.travelandleisure.com/trip...beach-vacation
(Shad – FYI - the study was conducted using NZ health data.)

Ceejay – Good for you to set your terms/limits as to the amount of help you can give your bff. She needs to come to terms with her limitations and deal with them. Supermarkets do deliver, or a shopping service might be the solution, e.g., PeaPod. And she needs to look into her city or county senior services that can hopefully help her with transportation to medical appointments.

Hellos to Michelle and Dee – are you out there lurking??
--
Forgot to mention that my yoga pants were finally delivered on Saturday. They fit nicely too, so I’ll keep them. Now I have to decide which of the swim shorts to return – the longer or shorter length ones. Not even sure when I’ll be wearing them. I don’t see myself going to the beach or pool anytime soon.

Doggy is better now, and he’s back on his regular kibble diet. (He doesn’t eat canned food.) Bf and I are so relieved.

I went to the big Walmart last night and bought a few things, but totally forgot to look at earbuds! I was so annoyed when I got home and realized this. Another thing occurred to me – I think I might use that $100 gift card to the electronics store to buy a pair of wireless headphones/earbuds. I dunno though, even if I have the $$$ to spend on them, I’m not thrilled about buying something so expensive that I could wreck very quickly.

I guess that’s about it for me, so I’ll sign off.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, I am very tired tonight but one way or the other I am getting on that treadmill or exercise bike.

It is official, in about a month, when they get a new a Admin hired I will not suppo r the AD anymore. Her calendar is very busy and always has conflicts to resolve because she wants to be on every meeting yet she doesn't want to give me an idea of which one she can go to until the last minute.

I will be busy with the new Director and off boarding the old one but I think it will be a much better fit. I know how the new Director works and he is the one who said I had too much on my plate.

I will come back to do personals later. Time to eat some dinner.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 06-21-2016 at 08:05 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:17 AM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

First day I woke with a smile on my face, altho with little two year old feet in my back. Yes now I have a tremendous ache below my should blade, which in itself is scary because that is where the pain came from the heart attack. I am sure it has to do with my sleeping position and feet in my back, altho little feet. Dinner, dishes, laundry, trash out to curb and off to bed. Sissy helps with EVERYTHING which is nice, however C and I help with the wee ones, so it is a nice trade.

SUSIE...hope your transition of management goes smoothly and the fit is perfect for you. Keep you first sister, always. Hugs

LAURA...I did not read your article yet, but how can living by water, beaches and such not be heathier? The beauty of it all has to put one in a better frame of mind. Don't you think? Beats looking at cold, dirty snow cause we all know snow is only pretty when it first snows, then it gets all dirt and ugly and we have to shovel. Much rather be brooming up sand. Glad to hear Coal is doing better. Just like you baby/kids, when they don't feel well our hearts ache for them. Don't blame you on getting Walmart ear buds, as easily as we lose them or they break, not worth extra $$ for expensive buds.

HAPPY...read the article about Dad. Really a great article. Did you post it once before some time ago as I kind of remember reading it before? Thanks for that. Can't wait to go on a ride/day trip on the pontoon.

CEEG...glad you are feeling better after surgery. I have an internal ultrasound this Friday to check out my ovaries. Been having pain in that area for over a month. It sure is H*LL being a woman, to say the least. How many days left till retirement?

Bout it for me, h*ll day...Make it a great Wednesday/night. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #79  

Morning all. Overcast this morning and rain and storms are forecast, along with flash floods. Even so, I rode my bike to the train. If it’s not raining (a lot) on the way home tonight, I’ll ride the bike home. Otherwise, the seat is covered in a plastic bag (I always do that to protect it from the sun) and it’ll be just fine staying where it’s locked up.

Susie – Did you get your exercise time in? You probably felt better if you did. I’m glad you think the new Director will be a good fit for you. I like that he said you have too much on your plate, - hope it leads to a lighter workload for you.

Annie – Nice to have S. helping around the house, but I dunno if it makes up for sleeping with a foot in your back! Hang in there! == I definitely want to live somewhere with some natural beauty when I retire, if not sooner! The noise of the city (and suburbs!) is really starting to get to me, and I might just forget my earbuds and take to wearing those ear protection headphones everywhere– the ones you wear when using loud yard equipment. I’d much rather be hearing the sound of waves on the beach. == I finally watched the episode of American Ninja Warriors I dvr'd - the one that took place in Indy. Cool that they had some NASCAR guys competing. Anyone who does that stuff is just amazing!

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
Nothing much to report this morning. I did a BE workout this morning. The BE series I'm doing right now is a later one, and the workouts aren't as intense as the earlier ones. But I guess that makes sense, since the viewer base has been aging right along with Margaret Richard, who's now in her 60's.

The admin is still out of the office sick. It’s been about a week now. The boss said she’d been in the hospital over the weekend – don’t know if she’s still in there. She’s been on peritoneal dialysis for several years now and she needs to get her kidney transplant!

Today’s my Thursday, as I’m taking Friday off. I’m going to try to get in for a much-needed pedicure tonight or tomorrow after work so I don’t have to do it on Friday. I don’t know what I’ll do on Friday. Don’t want to jinx myself, but right now the weather for Friday looks like it’ll be beautiful.

Okay, enough rambling. TTFN.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #80  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Another gorgeous day out there. The weekend was beastly hot - in the 90s. Too hot for us up here. Then it dropped back to the 70's. Yesterday was sunny and gorgeous and more of the same although storms are supposed to roll in tonight. We had a busy day at the thrift shop - alot of people shopping , our numbers were great. Last night I went to a cooking class - a local caterer is giving classes at our junior college. This was Cajun cooking - I was nervous it would be too hot but except for the gumbo, I could eat it. He made delicious corn bread with a jalapeno butter that I didn't try. He cooked and we watched and ate. He made an ettoufee with grilled blackened chicken that was amazing. His gumbo was made with pork of all things and it was delicous except he did add some serano peppers to it which was a bit hotter than I'd like - Annie might enjoy it. He gave us a potato salad to take home - it was tasty but a couple of the (probably larger) potatoes were not quite cooked down. I hate potato salad with hard potatoes - happens at the deli at the store alot. For dessert he made a bread pudding using stale plain doughnuts and added cranberries and cinnamon and topped it with a chantilly cream. OMG - it was sooooo good. I took the smallest slice because I intended to just sample and I wished I had taken a big chunk. There were only 4 of us in class so we each got a full size portion to take home. DH enjoyed a meal and there is still enough for lunch today. The chef is very interesting and enough of a bit of an oddball so that his banter was very entertaining. He also gave us cooking tips. There is another class next month on Carribean flavors and an August one for salsas. He just added another class in October for Garlic, Garlic, Garlic. Just in time for the garlic harvesting. I'm really glad I went, was lots of fun. I will have to drag friends to the other classes. Today I am going to get my hair done - it really needs it so badly. I had to cancel my appointment 3 weeks ago - couldn't help it. I think the hairdresser was ticked off and was trying to "punish me" by saying that if I cancelled I could not get another appointment for 6 weeks with her. That irritated me because she is ALWAYS running late and I always have to wait anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes for her and she occasionally has had to reschedule my appointments when she had personal business and I never balked. So I booked an appointment with her newest stylist and if I like her, I will stay with her. Yesterday people were really getting on my nerves. Some days I just want to live in the woods by myself. When I was at the shop yesterday DH said 2 mommy turkeys came into the yard with their turkey babies! I am not keen on the turkeys but I love the little itty bitty chicks. The man was here to work on the front door (again) and they were nervous about his strange truck in the driveway so they just stayed on the perimeter of the yard. As for the door, after much discussion they came to the conclusion that this design concept of the sidelights that open is not a good one. No way can they get them sealed properly so they replaced the warped front door (for the 3rd time) and will order regular straight up glass sidelights. I am sad to lose my screens but it's way too cold up here to have doors that won't seal completely and at this point, I do believe they did as much as they could to rectify the situation. I have another class tonight on healthy eating - will share tips tomorrow if there's anything good in it. Tomorrow we have to take the 4Runner in to get the back hatch repaired when DH closed the garage door on it (again). So no boating until the weekend. Friday we are going ATVing with another couple - we can drive the trails to meet up with them but it will take us 90 minutes to meet up with them so it's going to be a long day. I'm hoping we can take the pontoon out over the weekend. Didn't realize we had so many friends that like to fish so there will be a few trips for that. Looks like the weather will be dry and pleasant over the next few weeks. A friend gave us a bunch of his old fishing equipment as his boat is broken and he doesn't plan on fixing it so that was nice. Next Monday the Georgia peach truck comes for it's first run of 2 up here. I am going to buy at least 50 pounds of peaches - probably 2 boxes now and 2 boxes next month. I plan on doing alot of canning of those beauties. They will probably ripen by next weekend so that's how I might be spending part of the 4th of July holiday. Life is busy but good. My knees are still pretty bad - I probably didn't do myself any favors standing so long on Saturday. The hot tub is relaxing but doesn't seem to do much for them. Last night I went in late by myself and left the lights off and just watched the gorgeous full moon until the clouds covered it over. The crickets were singing and it was chilly enough for the warm water to be just wonderful.

Laura - I hope you don't get rained on tonight coming home. It's been pretty warm out your way, hope the storms aren't too intense. That's an interesting observation about the BE workouts toning down as the audience aged. Of course those were older shows but my yoga teacher is doing some studies and was telling us she has modified certain postures which can actually cause small spinal fractures in post menopausal women! Scary thought! That's a bummer about the assistant and her medical woes. How frightening to be that sick you need a transplant and have to just sit and wait. You hear stories like that and our aches and pains are nothing compared to some people's burdens. Have a great long weekend - do some fun stuff! Glad to hear that Coal is doing better too.

Annie - glad you were able to find reasons to smile today. Life does go on, just like new babies come along to fill your heart with love. I hope your achey angel wings are from being a foot warmer. I imagine once you've had a heart attack, twinges will always catch your attention. Glad you liked the article - I saw it on FB and thought I'd post the link. I can second your comments about living by the water. It's one of the reasons I love living here so much - the peacefulness of nature - today I watched butterflies (we have alot this year) and dragonflies and turkey babies and I'm hoping the momma deer brings her fawn. Riding on the water in the boat is just so calming. However being around people and traffic and such - just drives up the blood pressure. Would not be bad if people just had common courtesy. And yet, like yesterday - there are still good people who make you smile but the dummies sap so much energy. Still I'd live in the woods any day over the city. I imagine that fishing is peaceful too.

Susie - can't tell you how glad I am to hear that you are getting to drop the AD and can just focus on one busy boss. It's about time - you were really at wits end trying to support everything. I hope the new boss is a dream!

Ceejay - is someone going to help you with moving in September? I would imagine you are taking furniture as well as personal items. It's going to be a fast summer for you. Are you feeling back to your old self?

Shad - more nice pictures from the wedding. What a waste of a trip to have no one show up for training. But like you said, they have to pay you no matter how many show up. Is it getting chilly there or is Sydney on the warmer side of winter?

Hello Dee, Gail and Michelle.

I need to clean up before I head out. Have a good hump day kids.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Tried earlier to post but the computer decided to download some stuff. ugh.
Today starts the beginning of my new shift. I went to work thinking it was next week when we started. L drove up behind me and was laughing. I liked being off but I'm dreading the work on Saturday but that will not be till next week. From what I was told L stated that she needed to go to a funeral on Sunday. Think she was upset that I got to take that day off. Oh well she will get over it. B's wife mows my lawn and she was telling me that he may have to work. L may be a bit jealous. I'm not taking any more time off that I know of.
Looking forward to my high school reunion on Saturday. Not sure how many are coming so that in itself will be a mystery until I get there. My two best buddies will be there and that's really all I care about. Can't believe I've been out of school for 48 years. I'm hoping that D and M will be there also but they have to come from far away.
Did a couple of loads of laundry this morning and dusted the bedroom furniture. Whew, didn't realize how dirty things have gotten but I guess that's what I get for not cleaning in two weeks. Oh well, little by little it will get done. And I can now use the vacuum cleaner. yippee!
Still haven't heard if they have hired anyone.
Can't believe that my time at work is drawing to a close. Makes me sad in a way. My boss has been extremely nice in all things.

Happy
How are your knee's today? Bet those baby turkey are cute as can be. My sis and bil will help me move to Missouri. I'm getting very excited. I may look ino a moving company to see how much they will charge but my sis said it will be cheaper to get a U-Haul.

Annie
Think it may be time for you to put the little ones in their own be. You need your rest.

Susie,
I'm happy that your work load has decreased somewhat.

Laura
Enjoy your extra day off this week. We all need those.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-22-2016 at 08:13 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 AM   #82  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Just finished a training session with two very savvy men. It kept me on my toes I can tell you.

Vegetarian - or rather vegan dinner last night was fun and quite delicious. Started with a soup and then lasagne and finally a Belgian Chocolate mousse with nuts and strawberries. And of course wine. Prosecco to start and then Oyster Bay sauvignon blanc - could have had coffee too but it was late and so home I went. Dinner was supposed to be for 6.00pm but didn't actually make the table until 7.30pm.

I'm going home for the weekend. Another greeting by ODDU the Houdini dog. Yep, he is trying to escape. Managed to escape the back yard, and then fell over the front fence and hurt himself. Silly boy. Off to the vet with him.

Been getting a bit cool here, but it really is about time. Here we are passed the shortest day already and the daytime temps are still in the 70's. This morning however was almost frosty. The met. office are predicting a very cool change over the weekend, however they are not usually right so I won't get excited about that.

Ceejay - excitement is building for this retirement - only about 7 weeks away for you. It will certainly be a different world for you then.

Wooo - that was lucky. System asked me to log in again and I thought I had lost my post, however it was still there after I relogged in. Strange how it won't accept me as staying logged in, in Google Chrome, but will in Google.

Happy - you sound as busy as! again!!! That cooking class sounded really good. I would have enjoyed that. Must see if there is anything like that around home for when I am in my retirement period after this contract.
Yum on the peaches. I had a plum (from the US) yesterday which was big but wasn't huge on flavour. Guess it was unripe when picked - and probably would have been good with a couple of days in the sun. But at least it was both firm and juicy - hate soggy fruit.

Laura - interesting that the BE work out is no longer as intense as previously. So we are all slowing down and wearing out. Nice one. Good that you can leave the bike if necessary and it will be safe.
That poor admin. Waiting, waiting, waiting. It must be so hard for her.
I read the article on living by water and saw that it had been surveyed in Wellington. Pity the picture had absolutely nothing to do with Wellington!!! Water - whether it be a water feature in your yard or a great ocean over the road is probably one of the most soothing things we can imagine. I love the sound of the sea. Even when it is crashing against rocks and is wild.

Annie - must be hard having all these extra people living in your house even if your daughter helps out. Hope they sort themselves out soon. There is more people to consider than just themselves.

Susie - hope all this shuffling about and new staff etc. has the desired effect for you. You certainly do have too much on your plate.

Well that is about it. Time to go hack off some people. I need to print off a slide show ppt presentation and compare it with some others. Might have to find a spot under a desk or something snooze off in too.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #83  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening...

Last night was breakfast for dinner, quite yummy. Made hash brown cubed potatos with diced onion (had to use my taters they were almost not usable). Then did scrambled eggs with maple sausage, onion, mushrooms and cheese. Everyone was happy with that. Royce hand to dip his eggs and potatos in ranch dip (dressing). Yuck. I made french toast sticks for Jacob. (Sticks were from a box and heated in the nuker). J ate 8 of them. Sis did the dishes, I did a load of our laundry. Told Sis she could use the washer/dryer anytime to do their clothes that I was not using it. Seems rational to me. She said, "thanks mom, sounds like a plan". They go to their first counseling session tonight, I hope it goes well. It is bible based at a church in a town over. (20 minute drive). Not my church but a sister church to our church. Prayers for these kids and their marriage and also for the gbabes. Slept with only my C and his pap machine last night. A little better but still woke several times. Thank God his pap machine is so quiet.

SHADDIE...if no one else is excited to see you when you get home at least ODDU will be. Enjoy the doggie kisses and be careful he is Houdini and may try to kiss you other than your face...lol. Nuttin like having savvy men in class. Enjoy! Safe travels home for the weekend.

CEEG...what is the count down number? Excited for you!

Will have to go back a page and read to finish personals. brb
Old 06-23-2016, 08:41 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Last night I went to a most boring class. Thought it would be good - using natural foods to fight things like inflamation, pain, gout, drunkeness (no not really, just seeing in you are paying attention ) Very basic information and nothing new at that. Mostly just a prop for her to push her wellness coach business which I thought was against the rules. I will be cancelling my other class with her next month.

I went and got my hair done yesterday. Went to the young girl - very polite and enthusiastic. She gave me what I asked for, not sure if it was what I needed She put alot more dark in my hair - really dark - I think we'll have to fix that next time - too much dark for me. While my hair did fade a bit, I was pleased to hear it is not turning green from the chlorine in the hot tub.

Today we have to drop the truck off for repairs. I hope the rain subsides by then. It's been really cold at night - in the 40's. Not sure how my garden will fare. The sugar snap peas all died out but I think the plants were bad to begin with.

Shad - do look into some casual cooking classes - they are fun. Something we can do at the commune also. Glad you had an interesting training session for a change. I have the same problem with you with fruit - it looks so tempting but they are shipping all around the world and picking when it is most unripe so the flavor is not there. I have taken to eating local stuff that I know is better, even if my options are more limited.

Ceejay - have fun at the reunion - time sure does fly by, doesn't it?

Annie - dinner sounded delish - I love breakfast for dinner. Always feels filling yet eating light. I hope things work out in counseling for the kids - relationships are tough things to work out. You are a good Mom to keep things in balance while they work through their issues.

Gotta go jump in the shower - should have done that 15 minutes ago. Later chicks.

Enjoy your "Friday" Laura
Old 06-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #85  
Annie - Indiana

Ok, let's see.

HAPPY...the cooking classes sound like so much fun. I would love to do the upcoming Salsa and Garlic classes. Right up my little alley. Your hair sounds pretty but not sure I have seen a pic of you with dark hair, do post. ATVing sounds like a lot of fun also. Does you heiny get a bum rap? lol.

LAURA...your poor admin. It must be hard for her to just wait for a kidney. Her mind has to be going crazy. The older we get the easier and kinder we need to be on our bodies. Hence the milder BE workouts. Enjoy your day off tomorrow. Did you get your pedi?

CHELLE, DEE, where are you??

Make it a great day/night.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #86  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, we had some huge storms last night around 3:30 this morning to tornado warning sirens going off.

We are safe and didn't have any damage bit a lot of people who living in the country with a lot of trees did.

Shad: it is nice you will get to take a trip home. Also, i just recently checked Facebook and looked at the wedding pictures. Everyone looks very nice.

I loved the vegan meal you described....right up my alley.

Happy: My DH would love to take some cooking classes. I think I will think about doing a gift certificate for him for the next gift getting occasion. It sounds like you are pretty happy with your hair, even though it is a bit dark for you.

Laura: Happy Thursday/Friday. I can't remember if you mentioned why you are off Friday but I do remember that you mentioned getting a pedicure. One of my favorite things.

You asked if I had gotten my workout in. So far every day this week with the exception of last night. We had to much going on. I even got up this morning to work out as Thursdays are always busy in the evenings with being with our nieces. Feels good to have it done for the dad!

Annie: I love breakfast for supper! I hope your daughter and husband can work things out as it seems they want to try. I think you mentioned you were dealing with some discomfort with your ovaries. Hopefully nothing serious but always good to check. We won't worry, we will just pray!

Ceejay: I hope your class reunion is a lot of fun.
What is this a about your schedule changing until you retire? I hope it isn't to disrupting to you, then again, I am sure you can deal with it for 7 weeks!

Hi to Michelle and Dee! We miss you when you aren't here.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #87  

Morning all. Friday for me. The boss has a lot going on and forgot I’ll be off work tomorrow. He has to submit updated budget projections tomorrow and so I’m working on that today. Never mind that he knew about this 10 days ago…

Annie – Yum, breakfast for dinner. Makes me want one of those breakfasts – maybe this weekend.

Happy – Those cooking classes sound interesting. Too bad the health session wasn’t anything new or interesting for you. I’d get annoyed if my hair appointments were constantly being shifted around. I’ll have to deal with a substitute hair person in the fall because my gal is having her 2nd baby. Wasn't thrilled last time because the sub decided to add something for additional money. At least now I know to say "just do what K does". I can’t believe the door people can’t manage to fit the door (not warped, please) and two sidelights into an opening and then do whatever carpenters do to make sure everything is snug with no gaps (fill, insulate, etc.). Oh well, what a shame you can’t have the sidelights that open up for fresh air. Will they at least have the blinds in between the panes of glass? Enjoy the ATV’g today.

Ceejay – Enjoy your reunion this weekend!

Shad – Good to have a training session with people who are on top of it and engaged in the topic! Yum, the dinner sounded tasty, and prosecco too – yum.

Hellos to the rest of you.

--

I was able to ride my bike home last night well before it rained. Traffic on the roads around our village’s downtown RR crossings has been so bad this week. Earlier in the week a neighbor I sometimes walk home with asked me what was going on and I didn’t know. But yesterday I saw in our online local newspaper that another RR crossing a bit to the east of us is closed for 12 days for maintenance work, so I realized that’s shifted a lot of traffic over to our crossings. What a PITA for the people who commute in that area. Bf and I have to remember that for the next week or so!

We had heavy rains and winds last night (and a tornado watch) and I guess there was some damage in the area. Nothing on our property, but then again I didn’t get out in the yard this morning so I didn’t see if the tree lost any limbs or anything.

I did another BE workout this morning. I understand the need for workouts to be easier on our bodies as we age, and that’s what Margaret Richard (BE instructor) has been promoting the past several years. However, some of the ones I’ve been doing this week don’t feel like enough for me. On the other hand, I don’t want to do any really intense workouts, especially cardio, in the mornings before work because I don’t want to feel whooped before I even go to work!! So I guess the BE workouts are a good thing to do, but I still prefer the older, more challenging shows.

I decided not to get a pedicure last night because I was sort of tired, and because of the severe weather hitting the area. So I guess I’ll get the pedi this weekend.

The admin is back at work today. Sounds like she had an ordeal, especially during her 3-day hospital stay. She’s been on a transplant list in Illinois for a while, but isn’t thrilled with how the programs are run out of the hospitals here, and that’s why she’s gotten herself on the list for a neighboring state, whose programs are better run. She’ll actually have a shorter wait on that list.

Nothing much else to report – life’s been pretty boring for me lately. Everyone have a good Thursday.

Last edited by Laura705; 06-23-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Rode the bike yesterday for the first time after surgery and I can tell it. I'm a bit sore.
Looking forward to the reunion Saturday.
I has been hot. I got in the car this afternoon to go pick up my check and the temperature was 109. Too hot for me.
Going tomorrow to get my b12 injection and do some shopping. Yes some for bff too.
I'm not sure what wrong with me. I don't want to do anything that is healthy for me. Binged on Ding Dongs last night and paid for it this morning. Not as bad as I thought it would be, diverticulosis wise. Think I'm going to put everything on hold until
after I retire and start my new chapter.
Actually made a list of things to do. I want to finish as I'm going out of town tomorrow.

________
Laura
I agree that some of the work outs for the older generation are a bit to easy even for me. I have done a couple of the DVD's twice. and still didn't break a sweat.

Susie
The boss is getting ready to replace me. But don't think they've had any applicants as yet. I'm just going to be changing day's in which I will be working Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday.

Happy, Shad, Dee and Michelle
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:56 AM   #89  
Choose your hard

Good morning everyone,

We are meeting some friends for breakfast so I don't have time for more than a quick hi yah. I am concerned about Gr Britain pulling out of the European Union. That's the kind of thing that can rock the stock markets. We can't afford to lose our savings in a shaky market. DH is keeping an eye on things. Bingo was kind of quiet last night - only about 30 people. The guy I am learning from told me yesterday now that he has someone he can rely on, he is booking one of those river cruises throughout Europe the end of September. He will likely be gone for a month I said I guess I better start paying attention to what's going on then There's an awful lot to running bingo, mostly because it is state regulated. This is like a real job. Except again, I don't get paid. Hopefully I will get my reward in the next life

Turkey moms showed up this morning with 17 turkey babies. I have video which I will post on FB but it takes time to upload and I don't have time for that right now. Turkey babies are so stinking cute. DH said a bear showed up last night after I left for bingo and after he chased him off the deer showed up followed by the turkeys. Feel like we are running a diner here.

Hope you all have a nice day, will be back tonight with personals. Enjoy your day off Laura.

Later chicks
Old 06-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #90  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls
I'm finally back online again our internet WiFi connection is metered now since my hand problems, my Dh did it to stop me from over-using my hand typing
He let me choose a Mother's Day gift & I got bought the new slim Fitbit Alta tracker $120 & I love it, because it has the option of changing to pretty colored bands. I got 3 bands on eBay $10 each that snap-on to it, plus 2 leather bands @ Fitbit.com during the Father's Day sale @ half off. It doesn't have the heart rate monitor that I didn't want after I read the wrist trackers aren't precise for heart rate & I can take mine accurately placing my 2 fingers on my neck. I set-it up online to have correct info. like when I wore my Charge on my ankle, by wearing it on my non-dominate hand & it's nice seeing on my wrist phone alerts & text info., reminds me of the pager I used to carry. My Dh laughs when my new Fitbit vibrates & texts me to get up & move when I'm sitting for awhile. My DIL & my 12 yr old g-daughter r runners & have the ChargeHR & I'm going to ask my 14 yr g-son if he'd like to have my gray Charge hopefully it will motivate him to keep active daily this summer. If not I can use it as a spare because the Fitbit dashboard lets u use multiple Fitbits on the user account.

Let's see, we decided to sell our home 3,000 sq.ft. plus my attached 1,200 ft business rooms & 20 acres because we can't afford the mortgage debt w me working @ half capability & only a few part-time jobs now. I've been trimming down to minimal work essentials & it's been sad giving up what brings u happiness that also brought u income. We're going to move a hour closer to our sons homes, which will b about a 40 minute drive from my Dh's job. Since my hand therapy ended I've been working 5 days weekly at downsizing our home items & I'm almost half done now. Then hiring a realtor selling this & finding a nice smaller home we both agree on. Enough about me today.

Ceej, Congrats about your retirement. I hope that your surgery recovery wasn't difficult for you I read that your bff is still relying on you to help her, looks like she needs to get herself a hubby or live-in boyfriend or pay for help after u move. She'll cherish the time that you gave her.

Anne, I'm proud of how your doing w your daily life, God is Good. Your life is filled w purpose from the ppl you care about. S & the kids are in my prayers now. It's time for you & C & Sassy to get away & experience doing something 'new' that neither of you haven't done or been to & make a wonderful memory together

My neighbor just drove in, b back w more personals soon.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote