Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - so sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. However be grateful that he didn't suffer too much and that he is now free of pain and his useless earthly body. My heart goes out to the family and I wish I was nearer to be able to support you and the family.

Back home for this family wedding. What a greeting from the ODDU. He's asleep now. Think he must have worn himself out. So I go to pick up the NZ contingent tomorrow morning and then it will be a really interesting time.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone.
DH and I are riding to work together this morning. He is driving so I can read and post. I sort of like being chauffeured.

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I just love you ladies so much!

Annie: you are so on my heart and in my prayers and thoughts. May knowing that there is life after death and that your brother is sitting at the feet of Jesus and with your mom bring you comfort in the sorrowful time. I love you girlie!

We are at DH's work so time for me to drive now. I will be back later for more personals.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Yipee for a 4 day week end. I'm ready for it. Would like to go to Paragould and eat lunch with the uncles if they are still eating.

Shad
ODDU must have missed you. That's so cute when an animal show that.

This is about it for me at the moment.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi there chickie babes,

Rather quiet in here I imagine with all that is going on in our own worlds.

I am appalled at how these contractors balk at cleaning up after themselves. The hot tub guy came in and drilled out the old light that was cracked and installed a new one. I walked in the 3 season room after he left and there were bits of fiberglass all over the place. DH said he didn't have a broom. I said so give him one. Then the 3 season room guys finally sent someone over to powerwash all the cement dust which had obviously hardened quite badly all over the garage and shelving we had on the side of the house. DH said they did a pretty p**s poor job of cementing in the bases they dug out too. He will have to redo the job. I just hope the tub doesn't leak again. DH is getting very frustrated.

I have bingo tonight. I am hoping I did not bite off more than I can chew. I am dumb that way sometimes. Good intentions, don't think of the follow through. I had a donut for breakfast today. I don't know why. It did not taste that good and now I have residual guilt. I have to stop at WW tonight to pick up the breakfast bars DH likes. So I will be stuck weighing in. Got to be a light eating day today.

I wanted to plant today but we have to go get extra dirt to fill up the planter box and I can't carry the big bags and we have contractors coming today so DH can't go with me. It also looks like it's going to storm really badly so I have to check the weather. In the meantime their is laundry to do and house cleaning to keep me occupied.

Enough drivel for me. Have a good day ladies.

Big hugs to you Annie

Have a good time on your extended weekend Ceejay - the time will pass quickly. And you'll miss working. For a while at least until you adjust to a new routine so take note of the aggravating moments to help you transition more quickly.

Safe travels back Laura. That went fast.

Susie - glad you had a good birthday!

Shad - hope you have an enjoyable time with the rellies and friends. Funny that ODDU missed you - of course he would.

Hellos to Dee and Michelle.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #35  

Morning all. Back home yesterday and back to work today. Playing catchup, so I’ll keep this short.

Annie – Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers in your time of loss. I hope it is at least comforting to you to know that M is no longer suffering and struggling and is now in the good company of your parents.

Happy – Yes, I’ve experienced the poor/non-cleanup by contractors. Just this past weeding session I found yet another snip of metal from way back when we had the gutters and soffit/fascia replaced. Of course bf cannot be bothered to sweep or vacuum up the plaster dust when he drills holes to hang pictures and whatnot. Men are slobs. That’s all there is to it.

Ceejay – Big yippee for a 4-day weekend. I’m sure you could use it after your long workdays while still recovering from surgery. Enjoy! My mom lives on the far south end of Springfield, not too far from the big Library Center, and she says Nixa is just about five miles down the road from her. Saw your countdown to retirement on fb – 44 days – is that just the workdays??

Susie – Good to have a shorter workweek after your long weekend. I’m glad for it too!

Shad – I didn’t get quite the homecoming greeting from my 13-year old pooch that you got from ODDU, but it was nice all the same since I missed him! I hope there isn’t too much chaos for you while the family comes to town for the wedding.

Michelle – Thanks for letting us know about Annie’s brother.

==
My visit with mom was good. It was productive and we made good progress, but I still don’t think she’s anywhere near to believing her place is ready to be listed for sale (I think she is). I’ll be seeing my sister and my SIL on Saturday, so I’ll find out if my sister is planning another trip out there to do more.

Better get this posted and get back to work. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #36  

Laura
Yes that is days to be worked if I counted correctly. I may have to work some days for L in the mean time though. Told my co-worker last night and he regrets me leaving. He said L would be dictating things for them to do which is not her job.

Happy
I know this ordeal with the hot tub and other projects have to be getting on the nerves. Have fun at bingo tonight. I would have not stopped at one doughnut though. Okay may have to stop at the doughnut shop this afternoon. I will buy only 2.

-------
Nothing special going on today. I am going to clean out the cabinet over the dryer today but first I need to go mail a couple of things and take the plastic to the recycle bend.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you sweet chicks for all you have done for me and my family. Also for donating to Pia. What would I do without all of you. I do love all of you.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #38  

Morning all,
Annie, I saw your notice on facebook about the viewing and memorial services. It is such a sad time for you and you also have a birthday in that time as well. Hang in there. Chin up. Beautiful eulogy for your brother.

I'm inundated with relatives, and I need to go try on the dress I was hoping to wear for the wedding - just in case it no longer fits. Food, coffee, more food, laughter and all that stuff and needless to say the ODDU is in the thick of it. He loves extended family and the attention he gets.

Nephew - who is about to get married - was in a car crash yesterday. He is fine but his vehicle is not. He has all his work stuff in it too. Can't do anything about it until he gets back from his honeymoon. Aaah well. At least he and his passenger are okay.

Better go sort out some things.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I didn't get much sleep last night. DH was making an incredible amount of noise with his cpap. The last 2 nights I used my ipod but I forgot to charge it so no go with that. Then he was up at 6am as he does and was banging around the kitchen making even more noise. So I am rather bleery eyed this morning and I have a whopper of a headache.

Last night we had a really small crowd at bingo. Not sure why. But because it was slow I was able to actually take money and run the register and get my feet wet checking bingo winners. Our local Habitat for Humanity had an event where people take items from the store and create "art" with it. I bought 2 items just to support them. One is a painted window with poppies and 2 blackbirds sitting on a tree branch. It is amateurish but ugly cute if you know what I mean. The other is a makeshift "candelabra" someone made with a brass fixture and 3 small glass punchbowl glasses. I figure I could put 3 tealight candles in them and we can have some "ambiance" in the hot tub

We got the hottub filled again. I was hoping it was going to be warmed up enough to enjoy it when I got home from bingo but it was just a couple of degrees shy of comfy when I went to bed last night. Oh well, today's a new day although we are supposed to get bad thunderstorms this afternoon and the next 2 days it's supposed to get close to 90 degrees which up this way, is close to pulling up a chair and sitting on the sun. I have garden work to do, just going to have to get up early to get it done. In about an hour we have to go out and hit up a couple of businesses in town and see if they are willing to give us a gift certificate for our fundraiser next week.

Shad - sorry to hear of the nephew's car accident. Glad he is ok, but pity on the car loss. What is it about the bad vibes in the air for us this month? I hope you have a good time at the wedding and with all the company at the house.

Annie - to you. I agree, beautiful eulogy. Grieve as you need to. We are there for you.

Ceejay - sounds like compared to L they are going to find out just how much they will miss you I'm sure they don't quite know what they are in for.

Laura - it is a great debate about how people feel their house is ready to show. I myself balked a bit from the realtors who wanted my house completely cleared out with nothing at all on counters. Nothing. I said I have to LIVE here you know. But I did keep things in show condition at all times which was difficult. Glad we sold the house in 11 days because that was getting old fast. Some people don't mind other folks stuff around - the biggest issue I think is trying to see the size of the rooms if there is too much furniture in them. That trip went fast. You got back home just in time for the heat.

Hello to the rest of the chicks. DH is going to help me with my begging since we have been assigned automotive stores to hit up. He is not willing to wait around for me so I'd better get dressed and ready.

A good weekend to all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #40  

Morning all. Happy Friday.

Shad – I’m glad your nephew and his passenger weren’t hurt in the crash. Enjoy the wedding and family time.

Annie – We’re here for you!

Ceejay – I’m sure your co-workers will miss you a lot!

Happy –No more leaks in the hot tub I hope! Nice that bingo was a smaller crowd for you. What a fun Habitat event for those that are creative! My mother scheduled a Habitat pickup of some items while I was visiting - they are a good organization. Re showing houses for sale - I think as long as there isn’t a lot of clutter and/or “overdecorating” to distract people from the house itself, a few things on the counter are fine. I tried to convey this to my mom even though one of the realtors we interviewed used the term “bare bones”.

Hellos to the rest of you!

--

I’m glad the weekend is almost here. Tomorrow is the Relay for Life charity event (benefits the Amer. Cancer Society). It runs tomorrow from noon to midnight, but I won’t be staying the entire time. Unfortunately, it’s forecast to be in the 90’s, so I might go in the evening.

Otherwise, I have a lot I want to get done around the house. Sunday is forecast to be much cooler than Saturday (70’s), so I might save the yard work for Sunday and tackle indoor chores on Saturday. I also have to renew my drivers license. Thankfully I can do that via the internet.

I destroyed my new earbuds last week when a wire got caught on a door lever while exiting the train station. Grrr. Using a pair of freebies at the moment, but the sound quality is awful. Bf, of course, told me I should have gotten wireless ones. Next time the topic comes up with bf, I’ll tell him to buy me them for my birthday or Christmas, lol. For the time being, I’ll probably buy some cheapies, though they likely won’t have the remote pause button that I like. Sigh.

That’s it for me. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #41  

One thing for sure I will miss my co-workers but not the job. I can't wait to be around my sister and her family. Her kids and grand kids are like my own.

Getting ready to go eat lunch with my uncles in Paragould. I will not be staying the night.

Mailed my W2 form to the SS office so they could get things rolling. Now to get things started for my 401k.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #42  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone, our oldest grandson has been w us the last 3 days, he turns 15 yrs old on Wednesday & my Dh has Drake as his fishing partner the last 4 yrs in Dh's employers contest. Drake won a big tackle box yesterday, he has Aspbergers syndrome, a educational form of autism & currently he's mentally functioning at a 12 yr old level & will be a sophomore in high school. We are so blessed that his autism is aspberger so he will b able to function as a somewhat normal adult. His trusting innocence & sweet personality make him vulnerable & he's been a easy victim by both girl & boy bullies at school & it's been heartbreaking. Our DIL had him @ 17 yrs old w a casual boyfriend & almost aborted him... Our DS met & married her 2 yrs later & that was God's will, because our grandson's biological grandparents only make contact w him about every other year & his biological dad won't pay child support & has minimal contact also. Our grandson's loving nature forgives them for being too busy to see him & he calls them his busy family....

Anne, even though I haven't been here for a long time, I've never stopped praying daily during my morning prayers for Michael & your family, just as I did for Michelle & her dear Bob. I know that Michael is feeling Our Precious LORD's arms around him, gently holding him & giving Michael comfort & soulful peace. I Love you & I share your Heartache as my tears are flow right now sharing your sadness.... We are all here for you. xo, Dee

My birth name is Alexandra & my nicknames r Sandee & Dee & I changed my Fitbit to Sandee if anyone was confused. I don't like being called Alex or Andy, plus my only sister that was 14 yrs old when I was born wanted to name me Sandra Dee after a actress & blonde like me, I was born in 1954.

My eyes r still blurry from crying w Anne, so I'll b back soon. With Love & Blessings to you'all, Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 06-12-2016 at 01:37 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you everyone for you kind, sweet support, both here and on FB, messages and cards and support for my SIL Pia. I feel loved by you all.

Make it a great day all, my birthday was ok. Only cried once last night, baby-steps...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #44  

Annie - Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday. I hope the year ahead brings you many good things.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #45  

Morning all,
Quick one. On my way out to a place called Narrandera - which I always pronounce wrong! Kiwi English and Aus English place the emphasis on different syllables. I get told off once in a while.

Wedding went off well. I have some photos that I will try to upload when I get a moment to catch myself either coming or going.

Annie - Baby steps is all you can do. Hang in there.