Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #106  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay - Glad your aunt seems to be hanging in there. Hope she can get back to her treatments soon.--- Weird you're having trouble with the site.

Shad- Good the garden is coming along. Just a touch of springy weather makes my thoughts turn to gardening and spending time outdoors.

Happy - I hope your dh got some good shots of the skiers.

Hellos to the rest of you. *Annie*, hope your knee is healing and feeling better.

++++
Friday I came across a metal rack for organizing baking pans on one of my FB garage sale sites - third thing I've bought from this seller. Nice she lives less than a half mile away from me.

I picked up the rack yesterday morning. Nice to get that baking pan cabinet organized.

Earlier in the morning I got going on the mail basket (again). I'm about half done with that. I did a couple errands after that, including a thrift store trip. Bought only one thing from there - a 13×9 Pyrex baking dish for $5. I had one of those on my shopping list because I'm tired of the finish on my metal pans getting ruined from using knives with them and scrubbing them.

I did a load of towels in the wash yesterday. Just when I was almost certain the straight line black marks being left on towels and some of bf's tees was caused by the dryer, I removed the towels from the washer to find horrible large dark blotches on them! Aaaargh! Some sort of seal broke in there.

Bf did some research last night and pretty much picked out a replacement washer & dryer and worked out pricing over the phone with the appliance place we like. Our washer is at least 12-13 years old and the dryer is 80's era based on the user manual/ sales literature the previous homeowner left with us, so we'll replace both at once, especially since I'm not convinced that the dryer wasn't having issues as well. We'll go to the store this afternoon to make the purchase. Not happy with the cash outlay (of which pedestals make up a ridiculously large chunk...but we want them), but I'm grateful we can afford this.

Other than that, yesterday was a lovely, sunny mild day. I had doggy out in the yard for a bit and I brushed him. It was nice being outside, even for the errands. Doggy and I enjoyed our afternoon walk as well.

Okay, gonna post this & get down in the basement for a workout, but not laundry.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-21-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #107  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm filling in forms for this new job - after all this effort, I hope it works out. Stat Declarations, police checks, Intellectual property obligations. Yuk. Can't I just say I am a good person and I can do the job?? Lucky there is a tame solicitor on hand to witness and sign all the forms.
So this will be shortish because I really need to get back into them and get them signed, scan them back to the computer and attach them to the forms.

So the garden is getting along. The corn is about 3 inches tall and the majority of the seeds have sprouted. I will have to check the rows for those that haven't and replant. The tomatoes are growing and the capsicums are growing, but the lettuce is somewhat worrying as it is apparently too hot for it and it lies there all wilted in the evening, but is sitting up again at morning light. I might have to find shade for them and plant something else in that spot. Haven't seen the peas and beans up yet, but I only planted them late last week so that would be hoping for miracles.

Dog is sitting at the door a bit miffed, but I can't let him in when the cats are feeding. He frightens one and then eats his breakfast, then he moves the other out of the way and eats her breakfast too. Monster. I will get him out the front and play some games with him soon. He needs a bit of a run every day. Unlike the other GSD that we had, this one definitely needs exercise to keep his naughty times in check.

Annie - hope that knee is coming along okay. Hate it when they hurt.

Ceejay - stick with your own decisions as to where you stay while visiting. Sometimes it is better to be independent although you sound like you are close to the uncles.

Happy - I sometimes wonder if these people who dream up these recipes want us to eat food that they like to eat. Seems that you are limited to a very narrow scope of food items. Maybe they don't think about lentils and dahl and stuff that to a lot of people in this world are staple items - and many of them are not fat. It would be hard to eat a meal which has half of your points for the day knowing that you can not eat much more for the rest of the day.

Laura - new washer AND dryer. Ugh. $$$ out of the bank right there.

Hello's :waves: to the rest of the mob. I'm off to wrassle the forms once more and then to send them off.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #108  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All....

Good News...I got to put the crutches down. Still wearing the brace tho as there is pain and swelling in that knee. My bad ankle on the other leg is says WTH is going on with you lady. Yes, it is a little more achy than normal.

Well Crud, got a go, will come back later.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #109  
Annie - Indiana

Back...

I don't know which is harder, getting someone set up to work for us from the outside or someone from the inside. What a mess. Plus they are working at our Chicago office, nothing hands on here. All I.T. stuff is done in Minnesota. WHAT A PIA. Rant over.

SHADDIE...I have come to the conclusion that you are having way too much fun with ODDU. Good for you? Him? lol. The garden sounds yummy.

HAPPY...I agree with LAURA on the point thing, it sucks when you just want a calorie to be just that..a calorie and eat a banana split. lol. Great job on the loss of poundage. Yeah! I made veggie soup, finally, with the leftover roast and veggies. Quite yummy and brought it for lunch.

LAURA...even tho you bought new washer and dryer, it sounds as tho you got the use out of your old ones. Did you get top or front load?

CEEG...glad your aunt is doing well.

Hello to the rest of you.

Hugs.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #110  

Morning all. Nothing much to report. I did two BE workouts yesterday. We bought our new washer and dryer yesterday and they will be delivered and installed on Thursday. Tonight's Pilates class.

Annie - Glad you can get around without the crutches now.

Shad - Ugh on all that paperwork! Haha, you definitely have to exercise the brattiness out of that ODDU.

Hellos to the rest of you! Everyone have a good day.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #111  

Annie - Washer is a front loader. Our last one was a front loader too.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
What color is your new washer and dryer?

Annie
Wow, I don't believe that you are already giving up the crutches! especially with the foot giving you problems too.

Shad
If I remember correctly there is a good sized back yard in Missouri. And I know that my niece had a spot for a small garden. However I like flowers so I'm thinking about planting those. I might add a couple of tomato plants.

Happy
Did your DH get some good pictures of the skiers? That's one thing I would like to watch in person but I'm not sure if I could stand the cold. I love to watch them on tv.

Not much to report. Went to church Sunday and afterwards, my cousin cornered me and asked if I stayed in a hotel Saturday night. She must have called my aunt. Cause I didn't tell anyone. I will probably stay with them on my next visit to Paragould. My uncle has asked me to do some things around my cousin's mother's house who lives in Texas. It shouldn't be to hard of a job. Mainly tidy up some flower beds. and trim a bush by the front door. I can do this.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #113  

Height: 5'7"

I had the same issue that Ceejay did when I tried to post my post for the day.

It was long too!

I'll have to come back tomorrow and try it again. This time I'm going to type it in Word and then paste it.

to all of you.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

Off to the dentist in about 15 minutes to get tooth filled that broke off back in November. Bleh. Good thing my dentist is next door, but doesn't make me want to go any. I will be back later today when things settle. I.e. Back from dentist and boss leaves for Chicago in a bit. Yeah!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Nothing going on here. Rain, storms and snow in the forecast. I'm not looking forward to the wind. Snow is supposed to be flurries but with the weather people predicting things and then not coming about I'm not sure what to expect.
Watched the final show of the Biggest Loser last night. I wasn't surprised about the contestant who won. He looked amazing. They all did.

Annie
I hate going to the dentist but really need to. I don't know how this temporary crown has stayed as long as it has and it's just now starting to bother me. Going to try to wait for my move before I find a new dentist. How is your knee and ankle doing?

Susie
I don't know what happened but since I registered things are good.

Michelle
Have you gotten back to training for the marathon?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #116  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I guess they worked on the imbedded ads with this site - now it appears the ad appears only on the last post for the thread. Not a good day yesterday for me - lots of pain and now I am getting "spots" where if I move (randomly) I get a sharp pain and my leg/knee/ankle want to go out. I don't know too if the weather is changing but yesterday and today also there isn't a part on my that is not intensively hurting. waaa, waaah, waaah. Therapist said my hips were out of alignment and after she did a correction, the spot that was really painful was just annoying - a marked difference. She said being out of alignment could also be causing that pinchy, sharp pain. Ugh - will just try to power through it.

I am supposed to go into the shop today but I think I will skip cashiering and just visit with a few friends, take some pictures, do the data entry I need to and skip out of there. I am debating about seeing the movie "How to be Single" - I like Rebel Wilson and Leslie Mann. I'm sure it's a dumb movie but today is $5 movie day so that's not a bad price.

Annie - I hope things go well as the dentist - quick and painless. It's NEVER fun to go to the dentist. I can't imagine why people would want to take that up as a career (general dentistry) unless you are like my BIL's high priced "mazerati" oral surgeon who charged him $10,000 for a one tooth implant. I'm glad you knee is feeling a bit better but be really careful. One goofy stumble while it's still weak and you are back on the floor again. I know what you mean about having to deal with getting people set up - we have the same problem trying to get anything done with DH's former employer - have to call this place and that and people who do related things are in 2 offices across the country. Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right one is doing. But people like you and Susie make things happen in spite of it so things continue in a stupid manner.

Ceejay - DH got a couple of pictures on Saturday of the skiers but only about 3. He did not want to stand out too long mostly because there were lots of onlookers and they kept jostling and he really had to "hang over" the barricade to focus the shot which was rather awkward. All things considered we had a "warm" day for the race considering it was above freezing and 2 years ago it was something like 20 below on race morning. But the end of the course is all along our town's main street so you can duck into a coffee or retail shop if you get chilly - you just lose your place at the front of the line and it gets really crowded as the early finishers start to come in. Everyone wants to see the winners - I'd rather cheer those people who straggle in at the end of the race looking pretty raggety. I think anyone who skis 30 miles deserves a bit of some clapping! I think a small flower garden would be lovely in the yard. And with the extended growing season you have, perhaps a few vegetables would be nice too. Up here we barely have enough time to get a decent return on tomatoes so after a couple of disappointing seasons, I'm thinking I might be done with tomatoes. However DH did build me a nice fenced in plot so I'll have to do something with it. I planted strawberry plants last year - they should fruit this year - will see how that goes and if they wind up taking over the tomato bed which I think they might. I'm glad to hear your aunt is recovering - even if it's slow going. It's good that you are able to keep an eye on the relatives.

Laura - boy you aren't kidding about the pedestal parts being so pricey! But as we get older, bending over and stuffing yourself inside the washer/dryer to get at the clothes gets harder. I like the ones at the laundromat - no bending at all! I hope you like the new set. Do yours have that steam option? I was looking at a organizational article on the internet that talked about using curtain spring tension rods to divide a cabinet to store baking sheets. Looked like a great idea but I don't have enough precious cabinet space to devote to that. I have a narrow cabinet for the sheets but I took the rest of the baking pans and put them on shelves in the basement so that I'd have the cabinet space in the kitchen for stuff I use more frequently. Glad you were able to score some stuff at the thrift store though.

Shad - no wonder they had you skip the interview considering you have a mountain of paperwork to fill out. Probably figured if you had to do an interview also, you'd run screaming out of the place. Seems like you have to fill out this giant packet for every contract you take. I was going to suggest you plant something tall like beans to shade the delicate lettuces but then again, if things start from seeds nothing is quite tall enough to shade other things when first starting out, is it? Guess you will have to built a shade screen of sorts. DH put a nice tier over my tomatoes so I can tie and support them from above but the sun moves rather quickly so I guess one would have to come up with a temporary structure that could be moved about more easily. Sounds like your garden will get going just in time for you to move off to another job and your neighbor will reap the benefits again. Although DS and partner are staying at your place, no?

DH is excited to be taking a 3 day class in mid April up north of here. Waterfalls. It involves a bit of hiking and he is wisely thinking of getting the old legs back in shape again. He is eager to start walking outside but it looks like we are still quite a ways from doing that too easily. The temps are shifting a tiny bit but still bobbling between freezing, above and a bit below. Although pavement is starting to show, we still have quite the bit of a very packed down ice and snow layer. The bits that melt a bit refreeze at night to dangerous "black ice" - the easiest to slide on and really do a twist on the old back or knee. So he is cautiously careful and I am glad of that. He is not a treadmill walker so he will just have to wait until it warms a bit further and then contend with the waking bears

I'd better get off the computer, find some breakfast and get out of here. Have a good one chicks.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I've had a busy 3 day weekend. I had yesterday off because I work Tuesday through Saturday this week. Then I have just one day off (Sunday) and am back to work on Monday.

This weekend I was juggling migraines - hit me really hard on Saturday morning. I almost asked my bf to drive me to the ER, and I did have to wake him up to walk Santa because I literally felt like I was going to pass out. After some migraine meds and 3 hours more sleep, I was ok....but I still took it easy on Saturday. By Saturday evening, I was doing better so my bf and I went out to dinner and then saw the movie "DeadPool". If you like action hero movies like The Avengers or the X-Men, you'll probably like it. I do and I really, really liked it. Word of caution....it's rated R for a reason. It's not a kid's comic book hero movie. The language is very coarse, lots of violence (almost Quentin Tarentino level of violence). Lots of sexual innuendo. But on the plus side, it had a lot of humor and it never for one millisecond did the movie take itself too seriously.

Another migraine hit me yesterday morning. Thankfully it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Saturday's. I am running out of my prescription migraine meds, so hopefully the pharmacy can refill the prescription soon.

I got back to training this weekend. On Sunday, I went for a run outdoors....and was able to complete about 2.5 miles doing run/walk intervals. Yesterday before working out with my trainer, I did 2 miles of intervals on the treadmill. I'm going to have to start increasing my distances this week, even if it means walking more than running.

I spent yesterday evening with my late friend Bob's sister and brother. Bob passed away in the wee hours of February 23, 2015...one year ago. I miss my dear friend every single day.

=================
Ceejay - I had forgotten about the BL finale last night.

Annie - Your knee looks awful. Are the swelling and pain easing up?

I'll try and get back for more personals later. Santa has to go outside and then I've got lots of work to catch up on so I'd better get to it.

Much love and big hugs,
Old 02-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #118  

Morning all.

Michelle – Awful that you’re getting these migraines. DeadPool doesn’t sound like my kind of movie.

Happy – Sorry you’ve been in pain. Good that the PT is actually helping. I also think you should trade in your ATV for a hot tub that you can use to soak away your aches. Yes, the new set will have a steam option. I hope. Something came up with that…more later. Re the baking sheets – We keep them in the storage drawer of our stove. It would be nice to have a vertical cabinet for those, but we have a 1950’s era kitchen - ‘nuff said. But the tension rods are a good idea…

Ceejay – We’re supposed to get snow tomorrow/Thursday too. Boo. I liked deluding myself into thinking we’re closer to spring than we really are (in my area). Re the temporary crown – do you have dental insurance through your employer? If so, wouldn’t it be better to take care of all your dental stuff now, because medicare doesn’t cover dental right? The new washer/dryer are some sort of gray or a newfangled dark stainless steel (different color than stainless kitchen appliances). I don’t really care about the color – they’re in the basement. But they were on sale at the same price as white, so why not? Sounds like the family wants you nice and close and not at some hotel – maybe you can switch off between the two.

Annie – Hope the dentist appointment was short and painless and inexpensive!! Yay for the boss being out of the office!!

Susie – Bummer you lost your post. Hate that.

Hellos to the rest of you.
==
Went to Pilates last night. So anxious for this session to be over – 2 more classes. I wore my new headband – it was “just okay”. Didn’t have my yoga socks due to the laundry situation, and my feet were cold and tried to cramp up on me. I suppose once we get into the mat portion of the class I could slip on a pair of regular socks because traction isn’t as important then.

Back home after class, I set the timer on my cell phone for my plank (75 seconds) and thought I’d started it. Then I switched to FB to entertain myself. After a bit of time, I went back to the timer, but it hadn’t started! Sigh. I decided to give up and take my shower. I did yesterday’s plank this morning. After work I’ll do today’s plank, which is 90 seconds.

Re our washer/dryer purchase: We had originally picked out a Samsung pair that had good ratings from Consumer Reports. Then at the store we changed our mind and chose an LG pair. Last night bf tells me he saw that the LG washer model we ordered had a rating of 13 out of 100 from CR! Aaaargh. And this is in spite of good ratings at other sites. Well, the lousy CR website (we have the online subscription) doesn’t show the date of the testing/ratings anymore. But they did explain their low rating, and also said when LG did a software fix, they would check it out again. But no dates. This is the 2nd item in which I wish I knew the date of the testing, and the 2nd time to email them asking for it. Why do I pay for the convenience of an online subscription if I can’t readily know this information? I included this question in the email I sent them. I don’t know if we should just switch back to the Samsung machines. If we do, we need to do it today or tomorrow.

The other PITA thing to come up is with my mail order prescription company. I’ve already ranted enough in this post, so I won’t go into details here. You’re welcome.

I watched the latest dvr'd Downton Abbey episode last night. Last/final episode is March 6th. I first thought, “oh, they’re making us wait for it”, but it’s only two weeks away! How this month has flown!

Packed some baby carrots for lunch with my sandwich. Now I remember why I haven’t been taking carrots the past couple weeks – jaws can’t handle them very well right now.

Okay, gonna get this posted. Cya.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #119  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Got an early morning physical therapy appt today so a quick hi yah and I will be in later to catch up. Be careful those of you in the snow path.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #120  
Annie - Indiana

Good Wednesday..night...hump day...trash is out...Sass and C are still in bed (Cs day off but has to go to BMV to get plates for his work box truck) that is 260.00 we won't get back...bleh. Can claim it on taxes, but money out now is money out now.

Still have not received the bills from the hospitals, doctors, etc etc for Cs arse issues or my knee injury. I do know that our portion of the hospital bill for C is $2850.00, does not include ambulance ride or doctors. Only $2150 more to go to hit deductible out of pocket. I am sure we will get there soon. I still have $1400 left to pay on last year's deductible. When does it stop, never I am afraid, the older we get the more expensive we get. bleh. I will never be able to retire. How depressing.<---which all causes more meds. lol

Last night was peaceful. C ate leftovers before I even got home from work. So I fixed me a salad. It was quite tasty with kale and mixed lettuces. Poppyseed dressing. Also had hummus with sweet red and orange mini peppers. It was a mixture of hummus. 3 Layered. Garlic roasted on top, middle was avocado, and bottom layer was roasted tomato basil. Came that way in tub, marked down to 2.99. Yum.

HAPPY...sounds like you are getting some relief from the therapy but making other things ache. Just blame it on the BC pill. lol. Yep we are having a messmaker of snow crud today. Mostly north of Indy. We are to get 1-3 inches tonight, meanwhile it is already snowing north of Indy. The rain (to make icy conditions for sure) is to change to snow in our area this evening accumulating 1-3", just great for a terrific ride into work tomorrow. My boss elected to stay one more night in Chicago tonight rather than drive through the blizzard conditions between Chicago and Indy. Accumulation there 6-12", which is broad however does cover the weatherman's forecast. You and I could do that. Take it easy at the shop today. If you are like me, your entire body just feels achy like you are getting the flu. Imagine that without ibuprofen.

SHADDIE...OMGoodness ODDU is so stinking cute. Furry too, make a lot of hair around the place? He is gorgeous and would love to snuggle in his fluff. Is he a snuggler or uppety?

LAURA...You are the first person I have heard that likes their front loader. Something about mold and smelly clothes. Should of had BF build pedestals. Or is he not so inclined in doing that? How is your admin these days? The filling on my tooth went smoothly. Dentist numbed me all up real good, didn't feel a thing. It did take until about 4 pm for all the numbness to wear off. Such a weird feeling.

CHELLE...hmmm, you have had a lot of migraines lately. Wonder what is causing them? Too much splenda or sweetner? Which can also cause the poops. A friend of mine got that ear pierce that is supposed to keep migraines away. She got it about 2 mos ago and has not had one migraine since. You might google it. Worth a shot.

CEEG...I will trade your rain for our snow. I so do not like snow. Our rain is supposed to change to snow around 5 or 6 tonight. Thank God I leave work around 4. Might just miss getting into all the mess. Fingers crossed.

SUSIE...did you get your posting fixed? CEEG had to re-register to fix it. Email 3FC see if they can help.

Hello to the rest of you!!

Hugs
Closed Thread