Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Susie
I would take the 1/2 pound loss for the week. Those are good goals also. I need to set a weight loss goal for March.

Laura
That would have upset me about the rx. Hope they get things resolved. I know you will be glad to have the new washer and dryer delivered soon. I can't imagine handling dirty or wet clothes up and down stairs.

Annie
I may have to try biotin. Is it good for nails also? Woohoo a free week from the boss. I don't deal directly with my bosses and sometimes I don't even see them. I got the same Fitbit I had previously. It's the Zip and it's bright green. I didn't want a fancy one. It wasn't holding a battery charge. I think because at one time I had cracked the face of it.

-----
Nothing new. It sure has bee beautiful this week but will change Tuesday with rain and thunderstorms.
Don't know how many of you have heard mockingbirds. We have them in the neighborhood. I heard one this morning mocking the other birds. When I used the key to unlock all 4 doors the mocking bird starting mocking that. I had to smile. I've even heard them mocking a dog before.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:47 AM   #152  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday!

Quite a nice evening. Stopped at Samantha's house on the way home from work to get my hair colored. As always she did a lovely job. The babes are still croupy and coughy, both had a breathing treatment while I was there. Royce is doing better with his treatments and Jacob is a champ. Unfortunately now, Samantha has caught what they have. Bleh. I told her to take the boys back to the doc. Last week's visit the doc told her they both had upper res infection and to continue breathing treatments but prescribed NO antibiotics. Funny, she told him when she brings them back this week, she was going to have is arse. Her mother's child. Stopped at Subway and got a chopped veggie salad, C didn't want anything as he had already fixed himself a banana and mayonnaise sandwich<---gross!. Watched the Voice, my favorite and that, folks, concludes my evening. Sleep. Strange dreams all night long.

CEEG...Yes, biotin is wonderful for the nails. To get any good out of taking biotin you really need to take 10000 mg a day. Excellent you got another fitbit, just a little more boost in trying to be healthy. Good for you!

LAURA...You know Laura, no more than it costs and as quickly as it gets done, I think I would also dry my clothes at the laundry mat. Save time once you get home and also gets done quicker. I used to also take my hangers for the items that I don't put in the dryer and hang them wet to take home. I would never survive hiking wet clothes up and down the stairs, heck I can barely survive getting myself up and down the stairs these day. lol. Wow on the RX. These companies are just making millions, off of me alone, I think. lol.

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies....Hugs
Old 03-01-2016, 09:23 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Annie
I started out watching the Voice but soon got distracted and played on the computer. Still exploring the new laptop. I will try the biotin. My nails are horrendous.

------
Not much to report. The battery on this Fitbit started to go down again so I went to the web sight and found my answer. It needed to be updated. We shall see how long it last this time. It said that batteries should last up to 6 months. That's a lot better than one week.
Met my step goal yesterday 8000 out of 7000's steps. Actually walked 14 minutes at work. I'm going to increase my walking to 15 minutes and bike riding to 15 minutes. Little bit at a time. I'm not trying to win 500k dollars. Just want to be a healthy old lady

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-01-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #154  

Morning all. Happy March 1st. I’m pleased we didn’t get much snow out of the storm that came through here last night/overnight. This week will be chilly, but nothing extreme, and then it sounds like we’re headed for another mild weekend.

Annie – I’m so sorry to hear about your friend Nellie. Very sad. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Glad you liked the final season of Downton Abbey. I will see the final episode this coming Sunday! Yay for a bossless week!!! Two members of the department are going to a conference in April for a few days and I’m already looking forward to it, LOL. Ewww, banana and mayo sandwich! Now, peanut butter and banana – that’s deeelish!

Shad – Yes, I hope the red washer/dryer set has a lot of spirit and does well for us for a good long time, LOL. “Hatched, matched and dispatched” - too funny. Oh the drama going on with gathering all the stuff for the background check – what kind of company is this? Top secret government stuff? When it’s all done you’ll probably have top level super-secret security clearance. Shad, I think I’m like you – I like spicy stuff, and my gut doesn’t usually give me any problems with anything I put in it. Nothing there to discourage overindulging in too much and/or the wrong thing. Oh gosh, I hope J has gotten over the tantrum of the headbutt. How do you hold a grudge against a dog?? She probably just realizes she's not number one or even number two in that house and is jealous, LOL. I've gotten use to it by now.

Ceejay – I’m glad you got your replacement fitbit. No, I’ve never heard a mockingbird. I’ll have to see if I can listen to one online. Good job on the walking/steps!

Michelle – How was the Bow Wow movie festival? Sounds fun. How satisfying for you to turn away the recruiter because you’re in a job you love. I’m so happy for you to have found that for yourself.

Happy – Congrats on the new exercise bike. There are Schwinn Airdynes in the fitness center at the recplex and I’ve used them during the circuit classes. I like that you get a breeze while pedaling. I hope the PT, the cycling, and the anti-arthritis foods help to get you feeling better.

Susie – Any loss is a good loss, so yay on the loss last week! And if you choose your clothes wisely, you’ll probably have a loss this week too, LOL! Keep up the good work. You sound like you’re back in the work-work-work mode – does the fact that you’re job shadowing mean that you’re going to have to cover for the VP’s admin at some point? More work! Make sure you allot yourself some “me time” – you need that. Nice to think of transitioning out of winter to spring – in clothes and temps!

Hello to Dee!! Get back here sister! Hope you didn’t get any bad weather with this last storm system.
==
Well, I got through my plank challenge after work, and then I dragged myself to Pilates class. I was glad to not have the tough substitute instructor and will try not to worry that she will be there next week… Our regular instructor took it easier on us than she did last week. Last week she had us doing exercises in downward dog position and it was too much for my upper body, and it strained my wrists. Thankfully, none of that this week. But I was not doing well with the balance moves yesterday. Sigh. It’s always something.

Anyway – next week is the last week of this session and therefore the final Pilates class. I will be glad to see it end. Seems I’ve burnt myself out on this class by taking it two long sessions in a row, so it will be a long time before I take it again. Spring session starts soon and I can actually buy a group fitness class punchcard now and start using it right away…but I won’t.... I confess, I’m not all that excited about it, but I haven’t found any attractive class alternatives at other facilities. If I’m being truthful about it, I’m feeling heavy and out of shape and not enthused about struggling through classes. Maybe this is the right time to really commit to doing my struggling in the privacy of my own basement.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a good day. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-01-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #155  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Worldlies...No Munching in March
Old 03-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #156  

Wow, I even wrote "Happy March 1st" and didn't even think about a new thread.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #157  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

We had rain, glorious rain yesterday and everything (including the laundry on the line) is nice and wet. It should get the vegetables moving today. Yesterday I went for a skin check. Still no lesions or melanoma or anything so I think I am pretty lucky with the skin I have even if it isn't the smoothest or the youngest or the most unlined.

Today, I am off to the optician to get my new contact lenses or rather get the pair of testers I have been wearing sorted out and then I can get new ones. And tomorrow is haircut day - you can see that I am off on the appointment round again. I still have to get a Pap smear done and the usual boob squish must be due and a trip to my doctor is probably on the cards to get things looked at and tutted over. Ever told you I am not in love with the medical profession.

I can't do personals at the moment, but when I get some time away from the family and the ODDU then I will come back.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #158  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Don't post here any more. Click : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post5243787 to go to the new thread.
Closed Thread