Old 09-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #123

Good evening, ladies! It's been so humid. We supposed to have a storm and I hope it clears the air. We've had rain for several days and flood warnings, with flooding in deed, for 3 days.

We had pot luck at Glory Bee last week and both Glory and I got sick afterwards. At first I thought I ate something I shouldn't have, but she had the same symptoms as me - stomach ache and the entire day running to the bathroom. From now on, I'm not taking part in any potlucks, I'll bring my own food so I know exactly what I'm getting.

I'm starting a new clinical study for COPD for Novartis. This one is for 29 weeks and will test 2 drugs, one of which is the one I tested for Novartis a few years ago that I did so well on. Today I went and did the paperwork.

Faye, I'm sending belated birthday wishes your way. I meant to get into with you a happy b-day yesterday but the day ran out before I got around to it. If I don't do my yoga, I am in for a day of pain but when I do it in the morning, if at home or the Y, I'm good to go all day. I also don't have pain in my back. Since I've been on the elimination diet, I've lost most of the inflammation that has plagued me for years. I'm supposed to start adding back according to a plan so I can judge my reactions, but I am in no hurry to add anything but some cheese and yogurt. I am not going back to using anything with add or my adding sugar or sweeteners. They definitely are not good for anyone.

Jean, you are such a careful bookkeeper, I hope they appreciate what you do for them. I haven't had the ac on for a month and hope it'll be another before I need heat. I have a service contract for heat and ac and they check them out before the season starts.

Maggie, I'm glad you are in your new home. Beanie seems to be a good traveler.

Have a good evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #2  

Good morning to you all. It is once again muggy this morning. I wonder if we will get more rain today.

I have got to try and get something done today. I had another day of answering and sending texts about my sister. This time it is because she is in the hospital and has had a stroke. It is a real mess all the way around. She lives in assisted living and got dizzy and fell on Monday and it is required they send you to the ER so they did. They originally thought it was a bad UTI they discovered but because she began slurring her words and her pupils were dilated so much they ran tests and discovered a stroke. My nieces husband drove 3 hours from Indianapolis Monday morning and got up there and went to her house. Her son was drunk as a skunk and refused to get dressed and go to the hospital! My niece has just started a new job, but when her husband said they discovered a stroke she drove up to SBend and called me on her drive up. We talked for about an hour. Poor thing is angry at her bum brother, worried about her mom and stressed about her new job though she said they were very understanding about it. In between my brother, younger sister and my sister's best friend texting and emailing along with my bff calling me while I was on the phone to Heidi, I am pooped. I am getting nothing done because someone is always wanting to know info or giving it back. I am tied in knots over this because I am worried about her in a lot of ways now and worried about the whole situation and I am so far away I can't do anything constructive except pray.

Susan: Thank you for the bday wishes. I hope the study proves successful for you. Getting sick from a potluck is awful. I don't blame you about taking your own food to events where there is a meal. I have to tell you I am so thrilled with Belviq. I have lost 15 lbs as near as I can figure. The problem is though my scale will weigh that high, my knee keeps me from being steady on the scale and gives me errors most of the time. I guess I will just have to wait until the 14th to see how much I have really lost. I know one thing that is huge and that is I have been able to go to only one metformin for my diabetes and even then my blood sugar is in the low 90's every morning. I am thrilled about that. It is so great not to be ravenous all the time and I can stay on a program without overeating or eating anything I shouldn't like over carbing.

Jean: Hope you got your accounting snafu all cleared up. Like Susan said, you do such a great job and even more so that you do it as a volunteer. No, my sister has been a widow for a few years now. I told my niece that after her mom gets better they are going to have to have a hard talk. She found out that her mom gave her son her bank card and he is more than likely taking money out of her account. I told her last night that since she is legally able to make decisions about her mom and is a co applicant on the bank that the best solution would be to close the account and open another one and tell her mom her brother is to have no contact with the account ever. It could go on and on about the mess she is in because of him, but I just am so sad for the whole situation.

Everyone have a great day. I am going to try and get floors vacuumed and mopped today and hope the phone doesn't ring while I am vacuuming. Sheesh! lol

Last edited by gma22; 09-30-2015 at 07:22 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Nice Sunny Day

GOOD AFTERNOON IN SEPTEMBER MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

Will is at the hospital finding out if all the cancer is gone or if the other doctor had missed something or just calling scar tissue cancer. This team here has made all new records on his last visit that the doctor can read properly. He had an earlier appointment today so should be home @ dinner time. I will be getting a phone call soon to get the news of what it is that the docs here said in the meeting. Later ~ got the call and the doc said he has a tiny little spot that they can zap to be gone that was evidently missed. They can take care of him and get him all cancer free. The doc also said that he had seen and taken care of much, much bigger places and the patients are now cancer free.

I swept the parts in this MH that don’t have carpet ~ we need a little vacuum for the rug part which doesn’t look too bad now but I do want to get it vacuumed before it does.

I have the inside of this MH looking good with everything in it’s place. Beanie loves being outside on his very long lead. We will get a nice fence built soon so he can run free in our yard plus he will have the deck to be on. He was up early today talking to the cows. I would rather have slept longer. After I got up he was asleep in the front window so peacefully. I would have preferred to have slept longer.

SUSAN Thanks for starting us a fresh thread. Smart of you to take your own food to those types of occasions ~ take enough to share and only eat what you take.

DONNA FAYE Talk about a disfunctional family ~ sounds like they could all use some professional counseling.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-30-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, NO wind, and it's another beautiful day in my neighborhood! My glasses finally came in and I had to make an appointment to pick them up. Every time I go in there, there are different people working behind the counters. They have a constant turnover in employees! Anyhow, today two chairs were empty and the other two gals were both on the phone. The one I needed was trying to convince the caller the last date they had their eyes examined, four years ago. My new glasses are super, super thick. Ugly! Bob left for the farm after lunch and I'm waiting for the furnace place to return my call. I have bell practice later this afternoon and am not making any supper plans because I don't know what time Bob will get home.

Susan, thank you for starting the new thread. I'm sorry you got sick from the pot luck! I don't blame you for taking your own food next time. It will be interesting to find out if you learn anything new or different from the new clinical study. I hope the rain stops!

"Gma," I hope your sister can get some rest in the hospital as well as a full recovery. How sad for her and the entire family. I feel for you having to deal with the situation long distance. I can imagine how helpless you feel. The volunteer director called wanting to know when I thought we would have enough money to transfer the $5000 to the hospital foundation. I laughed and asked how many bills the buyer was holding that I have yet to pay. She didn't know and there is only $3900 now, until I get the payroll deduction deposit on Friday. Even that won't give us any cushion; I think the buyers over bought and their sales haven't been as good as they had hoped. Not my problem! The latest thing is the volunteer double charged for a necklace and earring set! The customer figured it out when she got home and called; the volunteer had left but the coffee shop gal left me a note with the check. I called the gal and she was very nice about it; I destroyed the check and she will write a new one. We've had a problem with this volunteer before. We have a cash register but she tries to add in her head and her totals never come out right. I suggested letting her volunteer somewhere else, where no money is involved.

Maggie, I will be anxious to hear about Will's report from the new doctor. One of our teachers had pancreatic cancer and went to Texas for a new type of treatment. She did very well. I had to laugh at Beanie getting you up and then taking his nap.

I need to vacuum, since I didn't do it yesterday. Also need to do some cleaning in the basement so it's not a total pit for the furnace man to wade through. Enjoy the rest of the day -- hard to believe tomorrow is October already.

Last edited by Jean; 09-30-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:22 PM   #5  

Good evening, ladies. 76 degrees with a cold front coming in tonight so low 70s for next few days. We've been having torrential rain all day and it's to continue at least until Tuesday with the flood warnings still in effect. We are watching Hurricane Joaquin closely. At the projected path and timing it will be here on Sunday as a category 1, but that can change. They say no matter if it comes ashore or stays out to sea, we'll be getting bad storms and wind. With the ground already saturated, the trees will be falling all over the place. The water is high at high tide so it won't take much more for it to be in my yard. If the worst hits at low tide, it probably will be okay. Isabell hit at high tide and that's when I had water to the back door and the ground was dry when it hit. All we can do is wait. People go nuts when a hurricane is predicted and clean out the grocery stores like they had no food in their house. I stopped today and got bottled water and more food and treats for Casper so we are good to go.

Faye, what a mess with your sister. It sounds like it's time for her daughter and good son to take steps to have one of them appointed by the court to be conservator of her money. She obviously is not doing the job herself. She needs to toss the drunk to the curb and maybe he'll wake up and do right. How is your friend's husband doing?

Jean, the buyers need a reality check it sounds like. You are right, the woman who doesn't use the register needs to be put somewhere she doesn't have access to money.

Maggie, I will put Will in the prayer book at church. It's good they redid the tests and caught it early. Lot less housekeeping now! Honestly there are times I wish I had one of those tiny houses.

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:23 AM   #6  

Good morning to you all. I am going to go out and get my nails done today and pick up a new stylus for my Ipad. Jack bought me this set of three that had pens on the other end and they were awful so I am going to buy the one he has because it works.

I have a hair appointment on Saturday and on Monday have to have an echocardiogram. Never had one, but I imagine they are similar to ultrasounds done in other parts of the body. My doctor wants one done before considering surgery again if my gyno wants to do it and she was worried about last fall's swelling of my leg so bad during the cruise.

My sister yesterday was tired and depressed, etc all day yesterday. Her heart tests came back ok, but her cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes is through the roof and is what caused the stroke. She starts therapy today for some speech problems and her dd says her face is sagging on one side. All I can do is pray so that is what I do.

Susan: So far so good with my friend and her husband. I know it is extremely draining on Vicki, but I guess his daughter's took him to task when he got home and told him in no uncertain terms to do what he was told so he could get better and he had better not take it out on Vicki as she is trying to help him. She has been trying to call me for a couple days, but things haven't worked out for her so she is going to try again today. I saw they had updated it to a hurricane and it was coming up the east coast. You be careful and be safe even if it doesn't hit land you are in for a mess I imagine. You live in such a beautiful area, but like other coastal areas you trade the good with the bad. Oh and thank you for starting a new thread.

Jean: I love accounting people. They have no clue most of the time. They just number crunch. I bought a pair of new single vision to wear when I take out my contacts once a week and the lenses stick out a lot past the frame. I guess it is either see and wear the ugly things or don't see when it comes to poor vision and glasses. Tonight is turkey sandwiches for us for dinner since I am going to have the car. It is too much of a hassle to cook and clean up on days I keep the car unless I can do something really simple.

Have a nice day! I am off to shower and such to get ready for the day.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #7  

Happy October! The sun is shining, just a slight breeze blowing, and a chilly 42 degrees this morning. I am waiting for eggs to boil; not sure what I'm going to do with them but had an extra dozen in the basement fridge and forgot they were there. I think I planned on making a potato salad for the lake and ran out of time. I need to make a WM run later, mainly for orphan cat food. Two orphans are coming more often since the weather has turned cold. Both are spooky which is ok. A few days ago a pathetic looking older kitten showed up, long hair and matted with leaves. It came back the next day but haven't seen it since. Also need to decide on and get clothes ready for Saturday. I have to be ready to hit the road by 6:30. Zowie plays at 9 and Ian at 10. Then we have a show to attend in the evening, in Amanda's hometown. A family donated money to build an auditorium connected to the school and there is a committee which lines up six acts to perform throughout the non-summer season. The one Saturday night is called Buckets 'n Boards; the description says comedy, music, and action. They choose a variety of different performers so every season is different. Bob is at the farm already, he smelled something burning when he got in the combine last night and they found a hot wire that had rubbed against something else. It is hard to get to to fix so guess two heads and four hands were necessary first thing this morning. I won't see him until tonight unless they have a breakdown they can't fix. I'm seriously thinking about digging out my electric blanket again. I/we quit using it when the fire warning hit the news a few years ago. I like the flannel sheets but seem to wake up whenever I move and get my nightshirt tangled up. I did find my favorite socks I wear to bed when it gets colder. I hate being cold!

Susan, I certainly hope the hurricane blows itself elsewhere before it hits the U. S. shores. I never thought about the trees falling over. I'm glad Casper is set for treats and food/water for you just in case.

"Gma," I have typed so much on my iPad, I have trouble with a regular keyboard now. I used to be a really fast and accurate typist; not so any more. You have a busy schedule for the next few days. I've never had an echocardiogram either. I hope that your sister's hospital has some mental/emotional therapy planned for her.

My eggs are done so need to decide what to do with them -- egg salad for a sandwich and deviled eggs for sure. Hope you all are enjoy a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 10-01-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Rocktober The First

GOOD AFTERNOON IN ROCKTOBER MGNOLIAS
☺♫

Beanie is at the new groomer today and we will find out how she does with him in a little while when we pick him up. He went into her shop with his tail wagging and that tells me he is happy to be there. We will go to the store and get some fresh veggies in the same trip in a little while when she calls to say he is ready to be picked up . I am making stuffed pork chops for dinner with a nice green salad.

We just got back from dropping him off in town and getting some needful items from Wal*Mart. It rained today and sure washed the trees nice and green once .again ~ but it did leave it a tad bit with much humidity.

I will be glad when Will and our friend here decide to go get the remainder of things we couldn’t bring with us. My sewing machine and doll making things are still there in that house and I want to make at least one before Christmas.

Will is taking a nap in the chair we are going to remove so we can put our little cabinet in that place. It is one that I use to store onions and potatoes in on different shelves behind closed slatted doors. It has for the top a nice wooden one which will be good to house my herb garden box for there is a window on the wall there to let in the light.

JEAN Deviled eggs sound good ~ I think I will make some. Thanks for the idea.

DONNA FAYE I sure hope therapy helps your dear sis. Sad that she had that stroke.

SUSAN Yeppers, small spaces and things have a place and have to be kept or put back in their place or chaos insues. Dirty laundry goes in a basket in the shower which lifts out easily enough to use the shower, etc. No place other than that to keep the dirty stuff.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:14 AM   #9  

Good early morning ladies. I was so pooped I crashed about 7 pm and Jack went to be not much later. All this stuff with my sister and my bff and now I got an email from our friends in Kansas that we cruised with last year. Her husband broke his leg and foot and that was several months ago and it isn't healing very fast. Most likely because he has diabetes that is pretty bad. I feel for him because he exercises a lot to keep his blood sugar down and now he can't. The scooter he is in causes achiness and soreness in his upper arms and shoulders so he is pretty miserable. She works full time and then comes home and tends to him.

My sister's situation is not improving. I talked to her on the phone yesterday morning and she doesn't sound right. Her speech isn't exactly slurred but it is very slow and her short term memory isn't very good. I told her something and about 2 minutes later she asked about it. The big problem is Medicare. They need her to go to a rehab facility because she has extreme weakness and cannot go back home until they build up her strength. Medicare and the facility want a $395 copay a day for her to go there and none of us has that kind of money. I mean maybe three days but this may be long term we don't know and the place she lives she was a retirement person not assisted living so she didn't pay for that service and can't get it or at least they were told they won't provide it because her fees don't cover it. They finally got up the gumption to go get her car from my nephew so they can sell that but I just don't know. It is a mess.

I got into it with the intake girls at the doctor's office yesterday. I went to weigh myself and they wanted me to sign in and sit and wait until all the appointment patients were seen. The waiting room was full!!! I refused and they wouldn't let me walk into the clinic area two feet inside the door and get weighed and walk out. I got mad and one of the girls knew me and said she would check so I sat down. She came back out in a few minutes and sat down at her desk and didn't say boo to me. I gave it 5 minutes then got up and ask her what was going on. "Oh, I have to wait to hear from my supervisor." I mean you couldn't have called me up there and told me that instead of just letting me sit there. I said I wasn't waiting that it was ridiculous that I would be contacting the director and my doctor about it and I left steaming. I was so mad I drove past two places I needed to stop at. I then went to WM and did what I needed to do and went to pay for it and my wallet was gone!! I eventually found it on the floor on the passenger side of the car, but it made for some nervous moments. So all in all, I just wanted to come home pull a cover over my head and start the day over.

Jean: Stay warm today. It is going to be cool for us today as it is only going to get into the 60's. Hope the kids did well in their games. It is funny, but every evening around 5 PM I get really cold. I wear footies in the house all the time even in summer. I love egg salad and deviled eggs. I actually make them with lower fat Miracle Whip and I put a bit of sugar in mine, but I use Stevia. Jack won't eat any of it and doesn't eat hardboiled eggs so I would have a time of it eating up the dozen I think. I would probably leave half of them just to eat plain.

Maggie: Good that you can find places.

Everyone have a great weekend coming up.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #10  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's a chilly 48 degrees. I think Indian summer missed us! I broke a tooth last night and made sure I was up and ready to go when I called the dentist's office at 8. Evidently they aren't working today, because no one answered, nor did anyone call back after I left a message. Good thing it doesn't hurt! I've got laundry going and am going to make caramel apple cookies from a mix as soon as the butter is soft enough. I have a pumpkin mix too, so may make them also. I will take some to the kids tomorrow if they are good.

Maggie, I hope Beanie is looking good after being groomed. Do you have any idea how soon you will have your sewing machine? I can imagine you are anxious to get started on a doll for Christmas.

"Gma," Were your Kansas friends going on the cruise with you this time? I hope the husband will heal and be fit enough to go if they were planning on it. Bob has been getting information on Medicare and insurance changes. Hold on to your hat because the rates continue to go up! Since we are already on Medicare, that cost will stay at $104. The new enrollees will pay a higher price, thanks to Obama. Our own prescriptions have a $160 deductible now and that is going up to $360. Again, thanks to Obama. I feel for people who have to work with the medical paperwork. It sounds like your trip to the doctor's office tested your frustration level. I hate waiting rooms unless I have the first appointment of the day.

​The dryer should be done so need to get the next load going. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #11  

Good afternoon, ladies! Only 64 degrees today so quite cool. It's been raining steadily for 2 days now, some time coming down in torrents. The water is up about 4 feet behind my house. It looks like we dodged the hurricane but flooding is already bad and getting worse. Poquoson had to close schools today because a lot of the road are impassable. That's about 1 mile from my house.

Verizon tech came yesterday and installed FIOS. I felt so bad for him because he had to be outside in the downpour and ended up soaked. The line installers that came and buried the cable the day before actually damaged the cable so he had to run another along the ground and then they'll have to come out to bury it. FIOS sure has better TV picture than Cox. Despite the rain, I took their equipment back and turned it in so I wouldn't have to pay them anymore. I thought it would be a slow day but there were 11 people in front of me. It went pretty fast for they had 3 people working the line.

Faye. its surely a scary feeling when your wallet isn't where its supposed to be. Have they tried to see if Medicaid will pick up with Medicare doesn't cover for you sister?

Jean, ObamaCare has made a mess out of Medicare. My prescriptions are included in my Medicare Advantage Plan and it's going up to $57 next year but I may switch to the HMO one and the cost for that is $0. All the docs I use are approved for the HMO. The only thing that would be different is that I would have to get a referal from my PC doc before seeing a specialist. No big deal.

Maggie, men just don't seem to understand how much a wife needs a craft to keep her happy! I hope you are happy with Beanie's grooming. I pretty much have a place for everything and keep things put away - except in my sewing room. That is usually a disaster because I pull so many fabrics for a project and then reject some of them. My knitting stuff is right where it belongs at all times.

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #12  

Good morning gals. Cool but clear this morning. I am heading out in half an hour because I have to get gas and have a hair appointment this morning.

I put on some shoes and finally got a weight on my scale. I am down 23 lbs in 3 weeks as of yesterday! The great thing is I have lost enough weight to stay on it when I go back to the doctor's on the 14th. They will give me a year's prescription at that time then.

My sister had a snafu with her Advantage supplement not okaying her rehab but they got that worked out and she moved to the rehab yesterday. I ordered her this big flower bouquet from us and our kids with sunflowers and roses and it is so cheerful looking so I hope it keeps up her spirits looking at it.

Susan: Hopefully you aren't getting flooding from the storm. She actually has too many assets and makes too much money for Medicaid. Long story and a real mess, but we didn't have to pay the copay upfront so we can deal with that later.

Jean: No Liz and Tom aren't going with us this year or next. Their money has become pretty tight I guess. I know they miss it. Oooh the cookies sound yummy! I have had to swear off sweets though and gonna be a real bummer on the cruise as they have fabulous desserts!

Everyone have a great Saturday!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. Cool today but should warm up later on. So far we haven't got any of the hard rain from the hurricane. Wonder if it will miss us altogether? It was pouring sheets of rain last night at the Georgia/Alabama game on tv so we shall see.

Went and got my hair done then came home and got Jack and we went and got our flu shots. That man really doesn't like needles and it was high anxiety for him as we had to wait for a bit to get them. When he was in the Navy every time they went overseas they had to get shots. Well his first trip he waited and waited to get them and then had to get 17 all at once!!! They use guns for shots and they are like using a nail gun. They pffft it right into the arm and it is much more uncomfortable than a syringe. It had to be terrible to get 17 all at once but he hates needles so bad he just kept putting it off. I told him we were not going on this cruise unless he got a flu shot so he acquiesced so he did.

I am fixing pork bbq for dinner tonight using a pork tenderloin. I buy one and cut it into smaller pieces and usually have enough to make three rounds of bbq. It shreds up very nicely. Don't know what I am going to have to go with it yet though.

Brother, yesterday I was at the hair salon, had the color in my hair and went to the bathroom. I was going and the phone rang and I noticed it was from Indiana and with things like they are with my sister I answered it. It was the florist and I had to sit there and discuss the arrangement!!! She had run our of sunflowers and wasn't getting any until next week so I had to choose what I wanted instead. I kept praying no one needed to use the restroom until I could get the phone call over. I couldn't call her back because the flowers were going out yesterday and they were swamped she said and needed to get on them to get them done to deliver. Anyway, it all worked out.

This was a late bday present. It is a Pandora bracelet with all the countries we have visited and in the center is a cruise ship and on each end is a tiny passport and a tiny postcard that says, "wish you were here."

Well you gals have a nice day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bracelet.jpg (11.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by gma22; 10-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #14  

Good morning, ladies, 67 degrees wind and rain. We've had 11 inches of rain in the past 2 days and looking at another 6-7 for today. I got up at 1 am and watched the water until 3 when high tide started to recede. It starts an hour before the highest point and then its another hour before it starts going down. It was almost to the top and there was just a little water in the street out front. It's going to be close today because it topped at 5.5 feet yesterday and it's going to be around 6 feet today. Depends a lot on wind, too for it can blow more water in.

Faye, there never were hurricane Joaquin warnings for Tennessee. The first path had it touching land at the VA/NC line and then moving up the coast but the rains and winds were only going to western VA. I feel bad that you made Jack get a flu shot - they now have it as a nasal spray for those who don't like shots. I love your bracelet. I got a 5# boston butt Thursday at the store and I put in the crockpot after I stuck it all over with garlic, then rubbed with salt and pepper and I put 3 strips of bacon in the bottom of the crockpot, then the meat and I put it on to cook last night. It cooks for 16 hours and comes out the best of the recipes I've tried. I found it in my Well Fed cookbook.

Hi, Jean and Maggie!

Have a wonderful day. I didn't go to Mass today for the intersection is flooded and I can't get out. I'll watch it on tv at 11.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon! The sun is trying hard to shine and it is a cool 50 degrees. Bob is at the farm, or maybe between fields, or most likely in the semi waiting in line at the elevator. I won't see him until after dark. I'm dragging today! We left the house at 6:30 yesterday morning and came home long enough to change clothes and leave again. It was after 10 when we got home for the night, and I headed for bed. I wore several layers to the soccer game and still just about went back to the car mid-game. The wind was so cold! I noticed the smart people had on winter jackets and gloves. I seriously thought about the winter jacket but didn't take it. Zowie made a goal so I was glad I stuck it out. Ian's team won and that game was "warmer" because we sat in lawn chairs protected from the wind by the school building. Ian made a touch down because the other team dropped the ball in front of him and he picked it up. We missed it because we hadn't gotten to the game yet. The program last night, Buckets and Boards, performs in Branson and also on the Disney cruise ship. Two guys perform with drum sticks on different sized plastic buckets, tap dance, play different string instruments, sing, and do comedy. It was ok, but I wouldn't go see them again.

"Gma," on the 23#s gone! I'm sure you can tell the difference in your clothes! I can't imagine getting 17 shots at one time. Ouch! I kind of forget about the flu shot until I get a post card from the hospital telling me when to go in. Mine are free for volunteering and required. Every three years we have the TB test, but I react to that so don't do it. Your bracelet looks so nice, love the colors!

Susan, you have had much more than your fair share of rain! We don't need any more right now, but predictions are for a dry 2016 summer because of El Niño or El Nina, whichever it is. I'll bet your house smells good!

I have laundry in the dryer that should be ready to fold and put away. I will be gone all day tomorrow for a P.E.O. road trip to Des Moines. Tuesday will seem like Monday because I will go to church and do my posting, then the gift shop. Ian and Zowie have games Tuesday; Ian will be playing in a town closer to Sioux City so will miss Zowie's game. Hope you all have a nice rest of the day and enjoy.