Old 10-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #31  

Good morning to you all. Very chilly this morning but by afternoon supposed to be in the low 80's. We never did get any rain yesterday.

Have to hurry and post so I can go up and shower and dress as today is commissary day. I always so enjoy that and we have to go to either Target or Walmart or both for things the commissary doesn't have and a bday card for my son. His bday is the 22nd but my daughter is going up there right before his bday so I am sending his stuff and my grandson's Halloween with her.

We had a lovely lunch yesterday with Thomas. We talked about Scouts, getting his driving permit, college all sorts of things. It was very nice. Jack got an Apple gift card from the kids for his bday and he wore the watch I bought him for his birthday. We came home and watched the Cubs game and they won last night so it is one and one.

Jean: Jack had some kind of pot that had crab legs, scallops, shrimp, corn on the cob and red potatoes. Thomas has lobster linguini Alfredo and a baked potato loaded. He is such a skinny thing he can get away with tons of carbs and calories. I had a salad, shrimp with steamed green beans. I weakened and had a piece of carrot cake that I only ate part of. They were out of a bunch of their desserts so the guys didn't get anything. I am going to gripe to the manager but it won't do any good. I imagine the longer flight is why you got cheaper tickets. The faster you go the more expensive they are it seems.

Everyone have a good day!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon! It's sunny, breezy, and a warm 86 degrees in my corner of the world today. Bells were "wonderful as always" according to a couple older ladies who always tell us that each time we play. No farming today since beans are finished and the semi needs something done to it on Monday before they start on corn. bob's farmer friend was going to take his dock and boat out of the lake for the winter. After we got home from church Bob took the fireplace window out and cleaned it, then vacuumed the dust inside. Each time he does that I can't help but think it was the biggest waste of money. He's mowing now and mentioned ice cream for supper. I fixed a casserole for lunch and have enough left over for the rest of the week! I should have cut it in half. Banks are closed tomorrow, and no mail delivery, so we will count church money on Tuesday. That will make it seem like Monday! We have football and soccer Tuesday afternoon.

"Gma," hope all of your shopping went well today. It sounds like you all enjoyed different choices for lunch. I'm not much of a fan of seafood so Thomas's baked potato sounds good to me. Carrot cake is one I've never made so that would be my choice. The grocery store bakery sometimes has them but I sure don't need a two layer cake calling my name.

Guess I will finish reading the Sunday paper which wasn't very newsy today. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote