Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning and HAppy Friday. I have a short day today!! Well...a short work day today. I have to go to my son's and watch the grandkids this weekend. I am going to leave early so I can get a walk in. It will probably only be 2 miles, but that is better than nothing. I weighed and packed all my food for the weekend so I am not leaving my meals up to chance. Bethany, my daughter in law, will be working 7 pm to 7 am. My son is helping a farmer with harvest so it's hard to say when he will be hone. I think both of them are hoping I will cook while I am up there. And I probably will...I just won't eat it!

Thank you, my ankle is fine. Knee is a little skinned and sore. I have petallar tracking issues with that knee and the tumble didn't help that. If it isn't better by Monday I will go see my chiropractor and have her yank on it.

Scale continues to move in the downward direction a little everyday! It's grill day Friday at work again. But they are grilling ham steaks today...I don't feel like I am missing anything, I don't dislike ham, but definately not my favorite. Not sure what was brought to go along with them. I made Chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice. So I am looking forward to my lunch!

Rennie- YAY! on the loss. Good job avoiding the carby break room treats. Our company buys and stocks the cupboard in the break room with cookies and Little Debbie treats. So that temptation is always there for me. But in all honesty Little Debbie treats aren't my favorite, so it isn't that hard to not eat them.

Carri- I hope the mouth starts feeling better so you can enjoy the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #77  
It is what it is...

Hi Ladies ...no such luck on the mouth, still bad, I'm still just eating soft foods...had a good weekend, besides the jaw pain, was taking advil and some musc relaxers to help it ...hopefully this week it gets a lot better.

Trying to make my grocery list for a few days, hard to pick out all soft foods and not be high carb and over calorie ...but I'm working on it.

Hope you all have a great Monday ( if there is such a thing lol )
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #78  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks ladies - your good thoughts are appreciated. Sending them right back to you all!

It was a rough weekend- but it's over and now I'm thinking about moving forward

how's everyone else out there?
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #79  

Had a great weekend! I babysat for grandbabies and cooked for son and his family. I was able to resist all my cooking too!! I even made dessert on both Saturday and Sunday night.

As of today I down a total of 70 pounds. My mini goal was to be at 250 by our wedding anniversary. I was 249.8 this morning, our anniversary is this Wednesday. I made it!! Next mini goal to be below 200 by January 1, 2016.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 10-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #80  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carri, sorry your mouth is still bothering you hey the sweet potato is a carb but a healthier one, right ?!?!

Kate, hope you don't have to go the the doctor I'm sure your son and DIL are looking forward to you cooking. We love when my Mom comes to town and decides to cook I like the sound of grill day. I miss being able to go on my deck and grill when I want. Where we live now we have to pull the grill out, wait for it to cool then out it up, big sigh I've always wanted to try the cauliflower rice but have never taken the time to grate it. Goodness I would be in trouble if we had Little Debbie snacks available that I didn't have to pay for. I love your ability to just walk away, GO YOU Kate on the 70lbs GONE

dcapulet, sorry about your weekend, hope you have a better week Had a good weekend lots of not so good eating but a good weekend nonetheless Hubby and oldest son had a birthdays
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #81  

Rennie The knee is doing better, thank you! I don't "grate my cauliflower rice. I use a hand chopper...one of those "slap type" ones. I chop it up, microwave it, then wrap in several paper towels and wring the liquid out of it. Then I stir fry in in a non stick pan with some other veggies and seasonings and add chicken or shrimp.

Hubby will finish painting the living room today, but the carpet won't get installed until Nov 6th. I hate not having carpet in there. Oh well. I will just appreciate it that much more once it's installed right?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #82  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies…nice to see everyone posting…update on the mouth, still hurting …normally when I have a cavity filled the place where they give me all the shots hurts for a couple of weeks so I’m just eating my ibuprofen and dealing…

Last night was awful, we lost power around midnight due to a blown transformer and it didn’t come back on till after 3 ! Dh and I can only sleep with a fan on so as you can imagine we pretty much layed there wide awake for three hours …it was miserable …I’m working on like 3 hours of sleep today …gonna be an early bed time for me tonight, I’m exhausted.

Dcap – good to see you, I hope things are better this week.

Kate – 70 lbs ??? !!! ??? that is AWESOME !!!!!!
You are doing so well, hoping it rubs off on the rest of us …if I forget Happy Anniversary this Weds …doing anything special ? Me and dh will celebrate our 22nd anniversary ( got married at 19 ) on 11/6 …we usually just go out to a nice dinner.

Rennie – yes, the sweet potato is definitely a better carb for you. And tastes so good. Sounds like you and I had the same “not so good weekend with food” haha …we’ll get it together soon

Hope you all have a great Tuesday …I’ve gotta work till 5 then go to the grocery because we have like nothing at home which is making us eat out at fast food every night, which is not what I need to be doing ( or him ), so even though I find grocery shopping annoying I will go tonight for our better good LOL

See ya Ladies
Old 10-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #83  
It is what it is...

Kate - I wanna try that with the rice, I normally make cauliflower puree but have been wanting to try my hand at making like a cauliflower fried "rice" type of dish...I thought I would put mine in the food processor though...

Have you ever done the whole cauliflower crust for pizza ? I have that in mind to try too
Old 10-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #84  
It is what it is...

Morning !!! I love this time of year, all the leaves around me are changing to reds, yellows and oranges, the nights are cooler ( and getting darker earlier )…seems like I just really look forward to going home after work and having my evening with my dh in the Fall and Winter …now once time changes and it’s getting dark at like 6:00 I won’t like that, that usually depresses me a little haha …well I’m good until after the holidays…then Winter just gets depressing…this year they are saying we are not going to have a bad Winter here in Indiana …not much snow and warmer temps…but we’ll see …

Did you all have a good evening last night ? I went upstairs early with dh and we laid in bed and watched It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown …haha, one of our favorites. No, we don’t have kids but we still love the classics.

We had pizza burgers for dinner ( my Mom’s recipe ), very easy to make and very good…not real nice on the calories but you could adjust it I guess…I didn’t last night…but I only had two ( when I wanted more ), so I am trying.

Can’t wait till my dentist is back in the office this Monday and I can go in and have her adjust my bite or look and see what is causing all this discomfort.

Have a good day everyone !!!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #85  
~Rennie

Kate thank you, re: how to make the cauliflower rice. I think I may still have mine. If not I may have to buy one. I love the thought and the fact that it's healthy not to mention I love rice so a sub for it would really make a difference. I've made the mock potato salad with cauliflower. My son in law and his Mother really enjoyed it. Salad they never would have thought to try it. I told them about the mock au gratin potatoes/mac n cheese. My youngest daughter likes those Yes great way to look at the delay in the carpet installation Happy Anniversary Kate and Hubby

Carri, the 4 of the kids and myself sleep can only sleep with a fan. My husband and youngest daughter don't need it. The rest of us can't do quiet. We love the hum Yes I have been having a horrid time with food. I need to snap things in order soon. I just bought 80lbs of sweet potatoes from a guy at work ($12 a box). His son is a grower/farmer. I can't wait till I get some down time to prepare them for the kids (and hubby). They love them more than he does LOL I love the old Charlie Brown shows, my kids hate them. We can still watch out old classics, children or not. I usually watch them alone or my 11 year old will sit with me and critique every little thing about my ole cartoons

I'm way up on the scale. I've got to reign this in soon.

Last edited by love2b150; 10-21-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #86  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !!

Rennie - 80 lbs of sweet potatoes ??? What will you do with all of them ? can you use them before they go bad or will you freeze or can them ?

I'm still not doing well with my food ...I did so good for so long and then bam, my birthday hit and I've been bad ever since, that's almost a month I have wasted ...don't know what my deal is ....but it needs to stop

Hope you all have a good weekend, I so need to catch up on some sleep and tv shows ...so that's what I'll be doing, haha

see ya

Carri
Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #87  
~Rennie

Carri, I've cooked sweet potatoes since I bought them. The kids love them and my husband will eat what I put on his place (as long as he likes it). So they won't go bad. There are 40lbs per box. We're halfway through the first box. I bought this bag thingee called Quick Potato that cooks 4 of any kind of potato in 4 minutes. Sure beats the microwave at 8 minutes per potato

I'm not doing well food wise either. When I do well at the beginning of the day I mess up by afternoon/evening, smh

Last edited by love2b150; 10-25-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #88  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, see no one has posted in a few days ...think most of us are not in the right head space right now to concentrate on this...which I hate, cause I need to get my butt in gear...I was off work the last couple of days not feeling well ...I am better now...I am REALLY gonna try and start back in full force next week until Christmas ...so we can have a Christmas challenge maybe ???

Have a great day ladies
Old 10-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #89  
~Rennie

Carri, I am definitely not in the the right head space. I can't even say it's about concentrating. I'm starting to think that I am alright with my weight but would just like to lose my stomach. I know this is not the ideal weight for me and I would look and feel better at least 20lbs lighter but it doesn't seem to be happening. No matter how good of a day I start out with I get tired in the early afternoon and I just grab what I can for the remainder of the day. Maybe a small challenge would be good. I'm on a couple on here now and I'm truly not actively participating. Let me know what you decide to do. ttyl

Last edited by love2b150; 10-30-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #90  
~Rennie

Carri, are you still around? I have got my head together thanks to another 3FCer. I have come down quite a bit of water weight by eliminating, bread, rice, pasta, and junk food

Linda I hope things are going well with you