Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #31  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday & a Very Nice Day

GOOD AFTERNOON IN MAY MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. We have changed our plans to go to Texas for the place we were planning to go to is flooded and we don’t want to get mixed up in that mess for sure. So we will probably go to Yellowstone for we know we can get there. Tucumcari will be fun to visit one again also on the way. The gal we go to get our hair cut did a great job on both of us yesterday so we are set in that department for our vacation. We will go shopping on the weekend for the items we will be taking in the fridge for we won’t get it cooled down until @ Sunday. It doesn’t take long to cool it down when we put a bowl of ice in it. It is a brand new fridge so should work great. It runs on propane gas or electricity.

Will went for his checkup yesterday and the doc said he is doing great. His next checkup is in 3 months so we will come back here for that. I think that there is another check up in Nov and that is the last one in this study for him. The checkups cost a couple thousand dollars but they wave that cost since he is in their study. What their study may not cover our insurance company will.

DONNA FAYE That recipe sounds yummy. Do you use Italian Sausage? I think that could be done on the stove top easily enough.

JEAN Isn't it wonderful to have NO wind!

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM   #32  

Good Evening! It started out as a sunny, no wind, day this morning. Just got home a few minutes ago from the crafty club road trip. We set out, 8 of us, going to a home decorating shop about 45 minutes from here. The owner did a demonstration on "throwing" flowers, greenery, lights, candles, lanterns planters, etc., etc., etc. together for arrangements. BIG is "in" and I don't have room for anything big to sit around on the floor. The feathery flowers and greenery would be on the floor and in pieces by the time the "boys" got done with them. It was fun to see her ideas though, and lots of things to purchase. Moved on to what I thought was the bakery where my "sister" gets the fancy to-die-for Christmas Cookies. It is strictly frosted cookies, cakes, snack mixes, and party favors of all kinds. I did buy cookies! Yum, yum, yum! Everyone else also bought several different things. Next we went to Tea Thyme with Sadie for lunch. They have a different menu of six selections, every day, and each choice is $10. The food was excellent and the tables set with different fabric table cloths and napkins, very spring looking. They also have a gift shop with several smaller theme rooms which was fun but quite pricey I thought. Hobby Lobby was the next stop and some of the gals bought quilting fabric. Last stop was the hospital gift shop which was interesting. It is a bigger hospital and the gift shop lots bigger than ours. Our gift shop buyer was in the group so she was interested in pricing and brands. They carry clothing which we do not. A little over an hours drive home and it started to rain about half way.

"Gma," the recipe does sound good. Wish you could deliver samples! You can bet that turkey, chicken, and egg prices will go up. Our local turkey growers have already said they can't have turkeys ready for Thanksgiving. In fact, those "in the know" seem to think the flu will hit again in the fall. There is a big "to do" going on about raising so many birds in such small quarters and no wonder they finally got sick. The free range chickens seem to be fine so far. There won't be any birds at the Iowa State Fair either. We both have done the peanuts in Coke. I used to have bread, butter, and white sugar with my grandpa. I've never heard of the pb and maple syrup; doesn't sound good to me.

Maggie, I wondered about where you were going in Texas and if they were in the flooding area. The flood videos on TV are so scary! Yellowstone is always fun to visit. I'm glad Will had a good checkup! It was quite windy most of the day but it seems to have died down some. It seems like we have more windy days than not.

I think bed is going to feel pretty good tonight! Enjoy the evening.

Last edited by Jean; 05-28-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #33  

PLEASE GO TO #112 AS THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote