Old 11-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #196  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
Well enough of work. It's the usual mix of accents, nationalities, pregnant women, gays and the bright and the inept. We will get on.
My what a colorful description! I'm sure it's rather accurate but I have put those things out of my mind so I will relive the merriment through you! Glad you have another no chit sam sort of person driving the project and I applauded you deleting the emails and meeting invited from your personal account. What a lout! Best to set boundaries for that kind of person. I would be so tired from travelling that I would not be up for doing much around the house other than washing and basics before I had to turn around and get on the plane again. I hope air travel is not the hassle it is here. Better than a nap with the cats is a nap with the cats AND the new fuzzy warm blankets I just got. Perfect nap blankets as they are warm and just induce sleep. I wanted to take a picture of DH and 2 snoozing cats the other day but he complained the last time I posted pictures of that. Said I was taking advantage of someone passed out!

Terra - I hope your dinner went well. I would holler at you if you got up at 4am at my house and starting banging around cooking Congrats on the pounds down.

Michelle - glad you are back home. Probably a smart move to head back and avoid the cooking smells. Even not being hungry I have to believe the smell of a good Thanksgiving dinner would be tempting! Glad you are doing well and healing nicely. Keep up the good work. How long will you be off?

Ceejay - your BF sounds like she might be related to our friends who backed out of dinner plans. Oh well, as you say - more for you. Hope you had a nice dinner and a good drive. Very nice of you to help out with the coworker but not let her take advantage of you.

Susie - how exciting on the raise! I'm sure you deserved 3 times as much but in today's workplace, that is phenomenal. What a fun day you had planned yesterday. I hope you have a 4 day weekend and didn't have to work today.

Laura - hope you had a good time with the crowd at BF's. It's good to get to visit everyone and then you don't have to worry about inviting them over for Christmas

Annie - looks like you had a nice tasty meal with mini turkeys Very creative!

Hi Dee - did you do the power shopping today?

DH and I had a quiet day. I am still trying to go through some papers and stuff and it just seems like I can't get out from under this mess. I guess I should just chuck it all (which would make DH totally happy) but I can't have him too much in control I keep telling myself I would not have to spend so much time if I didn't have so much stuff as I sort, move and pitch things. Yesterday was really cold, today wasn't much warmer and tomorrow is supposed to be a hair above freezing and we are supposed to get some sleet. Going to be a yucky day so I will spent it mostly cooking - making a turkey soup from the carcass, a loaf of fresh baked bread and some of the yummy dishes like tetrazzini I planned for the leftovers. I have 10 days to clean out my freezer before this half pig is going to be ready from the butchers so I need to plan carefully meals for the next 2 weeks. I almost skipped the turkey because of this but in the end it just wouldn't seem right. Anyway, lots to do the next few days. I am thinking about cards and decorations but not really in the mood to start that mess of things. We will need to decide on purchasing a tree - real or fake too.

Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
My sister in MO was making tetrazzini for Friday's menu as well. As far as paper clutter goes, I've gone green. I still pay my rent and power bill by check. I'm going to be a scrooge this year for Christmas no decorations.

Shad
Will you have time to do all your chores before you head back? Sounds like this work place is full of entertainment!

Susie
Congrats on your much deserved raise.

Terra
Yum cheesecake. That's one desert that wasn't at our family gathering.

Annie
Hope you are feeling better.

Michelle
Hope you didn't over do to much. The soup sounds good. Don't blame you for wanting to be around all the good smelling food. How often do you get to eat/drink and how much? Just curious.

----
Kinda proud of myself that I did not over eat Thanksgiving day. And no early bird shopping for me. Learned my lesson last year. We did go to Black Friday sales but I didn't buy anything for presents. Text with my bf last night for 2 hours. Couldn't believe that, guess we were both wound up.
Talked to my sister from Dallas yesterday also. She's bound and determined to get me to her son's wedding in Houston in 2015. I want to go but getting there may be a problem. I'll probably end up driving to Little Rock, AR to the airport there and fly into Dallas and ride with them to Houston. It's going to be an expensive trip. I haven't missed a wedding yet.
I'm at work and it's quiet. Hope it stays this way.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #198  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies,

Happy last day of November. I can't believe tomorrow will be December! I'm recovering well. Still on a liquid diet (with the exception of vanilla Greek yogurt and sugar free pudding. I see the doc on Thursday for a follow up.

Right now, my body seems to be okay with doing stuff for about 4 hours a day. I get pretty fatigued after that. Friday was the first day I drove since surgery and I did ok. I went to the Support Group. Yesterday, I went to see the latest Hunger Games movie "Mockingjay" with my friend. Today I was going to try and watch the Packer game at the Packer bar with my friends, but since it's going to be on TV, I think I will stay at home under a cozy blanket. Especially since I can only have non-carbonated, non-alcohol liquids.

I've pulled out a few Christmas decorations and once I get the house tidy, I'll put them up. I've sort of let things go since a few days before surgery...because I was trying to get ready, then after surgery I was at my stepmom's for a week. Now I'm feeling well enough to do some tidying, though I won't overdo it. D has been keeping the house mostly clean anyway.

Ceejay - to answer your question, for the first two weeks post surgery, I've been allowed to have 3 meals a day of 1/2 cup each, along with 1/2 cup of protein shake in between breakfast and lunch and in between lunch and dinner.

The meals can be 1/4 cup of strained cream soup (no chunks) or broth soup, and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, sugar free jello. And I'm supposed to get 64 ounces of water, and 50-65 grams of protein from my protein shakes. I'm doing well on the liquids and getting close on the protein.

What helps with both is that I found a chicken soup flavored protein powder that really tastes delicious as a bouillon/broth in a cup. And I know that as I progress to soft foods and solids, some people use this protein powder in savory foods to get some extra protein in.

I've lost about 7 pounds since surgery. I say "about" because I need to get a new scale - this one is a few lbs light.

It's rainy here, which is very nice and needed. It also rained a lot on Friday night.

I did some online shopping on Black Friday and a little shopping yesterday (but not at any big stores or shopping malls - so no crowds). I still don't relish the idea of being somewhere crowded where people could bump into my stomach. I will probably go to Target tomorrow morning (when most of Silicon Valley will be at work).

I'll check in later. I hope y'all are having a good day.

Love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Glad you are on the road to recovery. 4 hours is a good deal of time to be up and around. That's a good thing too.

Dee
Yes, I've checked into the social security web sight. Retirement is so close that I get more than anxious to retire but I realize that as long as I'm healthy I need to keep busy. My friend and aunt keep wanting me to retire when I'm 65, next year, which makes it a difficult decision but I've been telling them both that unless health reasons make it difficult for me to work then I'll retire other wise not until I'm 66.

-------
This has been the longest day. 2 phone calls and they both hung up. It's really windy today. but it's a warm 71 degree's. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-30-2014 at 04:22 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #200  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Shad ~ Thanks for commenting on my weightloss

Happy ~ Yeah, Everyone was up at 4 a.m. on Thanksgiving though so I didnt wake anyone up so that was good. Thanks for saying Congrats on my weightloss

CJ ~ That sucks that there wasnt any cheesecake at your Thanksgiving gathering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:30 this morning but I ended up taking a nap at 9 a.m. until 12:45 this afternoon so I'm definitely gonna try to stay up late tonight so I can continue to get caught up on my shows that are on the DVR. I'm still doing okay weight loss wise despite not being able to walk because of my foot. I only gained a pound since I last walked on Nov. 20th. Anyway I hope everyone is having a nice last day of Nov.

Last edited by Terra1984; 11-30-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #201  

Evening all. Just checking in.

I had a nice Thanksgiving. I made the cheesecake Thursday morning. We arrived at bf's bro's house by 2 pm, but dinner was late & we didn't eat 'til after 5 pm. But bf's SIL's family is nice & we enjoyed visiting with them & seeing his nieces.

Friday was a rather lazy day- all we really did was buy the light fixture we'd found for the half bath re-do. We didn't do any black Friday shopping. I took doggy for a nice long walk.

Yesterday i woke up very early & couldn't get back to sleep. I skipped jazzercise. I met a friend for a late breakfast - that was nice. On the way home i stopped at k mart & bought two king size pillows to put in the shams that came with the new quilt set. Other than that, i took doggy for a walk & that was about it. We watched more "Breaking Bad".

Today I slept 'til around 9 :30 - must have been tired & making up for Saturday's early wake up. I had some tea and took a quick look at the paper, but then got dressed & outside to rake the front yard. Shortly after I finished that, the temp started dropping & a mist began. I raked a bit of the back yard - until I topped off the yard waste bag & that was it for me. Bf had come out a short time after i did & stayed out, using the leaf blower/vac/shredder to clean up the leaves from the garden beds.

After that was lunch, a quick grocery shop & a dog walk. Feeling tired now. Well, more like sore from raking. At least i got a good workout.

I'll reheat some leftovers for dinner, watch some telly, read, & hit the hay. I'll catch up on your posts & do personals tomorrow. TTFN - posting this before I lose it!!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-30-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #202  

Height: 5'7"

I am sad that my 4 days off work are over. I have enjoyed my time off...but tonight I did work 4 hours from home. I am happy to say my reports are up to date and in my Director's inbox and I also set myself up for a pretty easy morning. Which I am happy about because I like to ease into Monday if I can.

Also at work we are in a open enviroment and it can be distracting and had to concentrate with the noise. Even when I have headphones in.

We shopped a little on Friday afternoon and again on Saturday evening. Also I did some shopping online this weekend (after I went to the Mall and they didn't have what I wanted but could order it for me...I came back and ordered it myself and made sure I got all those discounts!). We put up the tree and a few other decorations. I really just decorated the tree and my fireplace this year...keeping it simple and not so cluttered with all those Christmas knick-nac things.

I can't believe that tomorrow is the first of December! I have been thinking about how I'm going to try and stay healthy this month with all the "extra" food, work, things to do at home etc.

My plan is to walk 30 min a day (5-6 days) and 3 days a week to do pushups, stretching and some ab exercises. Keeping it simple this month is the best plan for me I think

Terra: Gaining only a pound when you couldn't do your regular walks is really good. I know you will get it back off quickly now that you are back to walking. Keep up the good work.

Shad: Good for you for taking control of that pushy man!

Michelle: It is nice to hear that you are doing well and that you are listening to your body and not overduing it as you heal.

Happy: I feel that I always have paperwork to go through at home and at work. Did you make a dent in it?

Ceejay: Good for you for not overeating on Thanksgiving. That is an accomplishment. It soundsl like you will be saving to go to a wedding....it also sounds like a fun trip and weddings are always nice too. When we travel for a wedding, we always try to arrive a day or two early so we can sight see and do some things...sort of a mini-vacation.

Laura: Sounds like you got a great workout doing all that work around the house!

Hi Dee and Annie.

Time for me to head to bed. See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:58 AM   #203  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Should really go and create a new thread, but I am sorry to say that I am just too tired.
I'll do it tomorrow if Happy or someone else hasn't done it.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #204  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Don't see a new thread started for December yet. I will wait. Unsure of how to do that.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #205  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

STOP!!!! - Join us at the Dec. thread
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Here's the link to the December thread: