Old 11-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #181  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

FYI if u wear t-shirts under your tops/sweaters/sweatshirts in the winter, I just read that in the Jo-Ann fabric sale Nov. 26-Dec. 6 the Jerzees r 5 for $10 again in kids, reg. adult & plus sizes. In the summer when the Little ones r w us on a outing we wear these shirts in the same color so we r easy to spot I buy extra shirts for the kiddos to paint their own design & they also design a shirt for school & I sew it for them. W 2 shirts u can make a cute summer dress; the top shirt should feel comfortable & the 2nd shirt is the skirt so buy a bigger size & simply cut-off the hem on the top shirt & cut the 2nd shirt straight across @ the arm holes. Pin them together loosely to let the skirt b fuller & sew the 2 shirts together... No hemming needed because the shirt already has a hem. A $4 dress, a swimsuit cover up or a nighty, U decide; solid or color-blocked, add embellishments or paint a design or do some cut-work, that u made yourself (you r a fashion designer) Or design a t-shirt to wear under a work blazer or w pajama pants or summer time. Clothing is fun unless your a nudist

I'm here right now because dh is having a fit swearing @ a auto parts website & he doesn't want my help getting to the category. He keeps cursing @ the page & arrowing back.

I'm going to bed & watch the end of DWTS, where I can't hear him *itch @ the website.
Sweet Dreams to everyone

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-25-2014 at 08:56 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Quick check-in--I should have been in bed 30 min ago.

I did get up go for one walk today for 20 min--I find I'm not so tired after work when I get up and move during the day.

I work tomorrow and then I'm off until Monday.

That is about it from here. I will post personals tomorrow night.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #183  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just checking in. Can't stop. Pleased to hear from Michelle. Going well.

Bedtime for me I think. Slept fairly well last night but still tired today since I woke up at 1.30am and took a while to get back to sleep.

Seems that I might be the pain in the gut in this project. They all seem to be going down with belly ache. Good on me huh?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #184  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie ~ If I let the day slip away stuff doesnt get done either.

Laura ~ Thanks for the advice about getting enough sleep so I dont get sick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 5:30 this morning, Its around 10 a.m. right now. I'm gonna do my 2 miles at 1:30 today and then I'll do 1 mile at 8:30 or 9 pm tonight. I also need to finish my laundry before 1:30 this afternoon. I cant wait until tomorrow, We're all getting up early tomorrow morning to get the food ready for the afternoon. I'm making Deviled Eggs and Strawberry Cheesecake Salad. My brother is making his pies tonight and My mom is gonna get the ham and turkey ready in the morning before she goes to work at 10, She'll get off of work at 2 pm. Its gonna be a full house tomorrow.

What is everyone else doing for Thanksgiving tomorrow?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #185  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL! WE ALL HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR AND WE ARE ALL SO BLESSED. SHADDIE YOU CAN PRETEND CELEBRATE THIS DAY WITH US!

LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #186  

Morning all. Feeling chilly here in the office today. Maybe I’ll burn some additional calories trying to keep warm, haha.

Annie – That dumpling recipe looks delicious. I think it would be so tasty served warm, but at bf’s bro’s house where we're going tomorrow, the kitchen is so full already, I wouldn’t possibly be able to use their oven. I’ll have to try it at home sometime – can’t go wrong when it’s got butter and sugar in it!

Dee – Same for your recipe. Now I wish we were having people over to our place… Re wearing t-shirts under clothes – sure wish I’d done that today. After last year’s frigid winter, I now have plenty of the silky unners (both tops and bottoms) to wear under my clothes. Just saw an advert from a local chain selling the regular thermal tops and bottoms on sale – might buy myself a set to wear as pjs. I like the bottoms that fit like leggings so they don’t creep up my legs during the night.

Michelle – Glad everything is going along as expected. Hope it stays that way.

Ceejay – Good job for sticking with the bike!

Susie – Good for getting the walk in yesterday. I got one stair session in yesterday, but only 3 flights down, 3 flights up. Oh, and one flight up at the train station. I always try to use the stairs at the train station instead of the escalators.

Shad – LOL re bringing on the belly aches in Melbourne.

Terra – Yum, deviled eggs. Glad your mom doesn’t have to work all day. My boyfriend and I are going to his brother’s house for dinner. Bf’s SIL always has a lot of family over, so it’s usually a very full house. I’ve decided to make a cheesecake to bring over.

Hello Happy!
==
Nothing much to report. I did one short stair session at work yesterday, and I did get out at lunch for a bit of a walk. I did one BE workout last night. It included a pectoral routine that included both pushups and pec flys with the weights – we’ll see if I feel it in my muscles as the day goes on.

Did more laundry, and also watched another episode of Breaking Bad and other tv.

I get off work at 3 pm today (if not earlier). I'll get to the store today/tonight to buy the ingredients for my cheesecake.

Tomorrow we’ll go to bf’s brother’s house for dinner. It’s a bit chaotic with all the people, but it’s nice to see (almost) everyone.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Holiday! Annie’s right – we all have a lot to be thankful for!!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #187  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Thanksgiving Eve ladies,

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. Did my stint at the shop then we went to one grocery store to drop off some returns (thank goodness they provide a UPS/US Postal Service/Fed Ex shipping at the customer service counter. I picked up a fresh turkey and some groceries. DH was being good, he did not hassle me about stopping at Wallfart too because I needed to get some supplies for the thrift shop as well as pick up some things there that I could not get at the other place. By the time I came home it was 3:30, took me well over 30 minutes to put the groceries away. By then after standing constantly since 10am, I had to sit down for a few minutes and take a break. Made a flat iron steak (I love that cut of meat) stir fried with onions, red bell peppers and added a packet of Campbell's slow cooker Korean Beef BBQ sauce. Although it's a slow cooker sauce, we just warmed it up. Added some sugar snap peas to tender crisp and served it over rice. It was really good. The flat iron steak is quite tender - would also be good for fajitas or any kind of stir fry dish. After cleaning up I had a bit of a problem trying to find some pricing tags the thrift shop needed. They were very specific in what they wanted and some of the places I found them at had horrific shipping costs for 2 day delivery. I refuse to pay more for shipping than for the item I am buying. Was finally able to find something reasonable. I have a company credit card so I made copies of the receipts and emailed them to the accountant. Then realized I needed some other things from Amazon and sent that order off too. I do a brain training thing online with a place called Lumosity (DH signed us up) so did that. Watched a bit of the finale of Dancing with the Stars as DH was chatting that up. Then I realized I had forgotten I had a sizeable amount of Kohls cash to use up (it expired today). I had to figure out what I could use (nothing really) and then make sure I didn't use it all as I will lose some when I return a few of DH's things. I settled on some new bed pillows. Before I knew it, it was really late and once again, I was off to bed late. Slept in which I shouldn't have. Need to break this cycle.

I'm glad I got stuff for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. 2 friends invited us to a restaurant we aren't crazy about. Mostly because the front door opens right into the dining room where all the tables are, the place sits on a hill and the winds blow right into the room as soon as the door is opened and of course, people stand in the door talking and holding it open for too long. So you get a chilly blast and I don't like eating cold food. Plus it's only supposed to be a high of 12 degrees tomorrow so it will really be cold. I was going to call them to finalize the time today and he called this morning and said his wife accepted an invite from someone else. Really? I didn't think that was too cool as I had immediately responded yes when they first asked. But that's how they are - invite you and then back out at the last minute. So I will continue with plans for a nice meal for us. And some delicious left over dishes for the next few days. I am all about the side dishes This will be the first time I use the "new" china I got at the thrift shop back in the summer. I am excited. We could have gone to Chicago but DH hates to drive this time of year with the snow and ice and all and this is the busiest travel day of the year so no thanks. So today I want to tidy up the house so that things look nice. I might even think about starting to decorate for Christmas this weekend since that will be here before we know it. And that's about it for me.

And no ladies, we won't be eating any fresh turkeys from our yard They are indeed not your domesticated Turkey Store turkeys. These are lean, mean walking machines. They are quite tough as they are 98 percent muscle with very little fat at all. Plus (except for the ones in my yard) they live on a diet of bugs, ticks, leafy compost and other yardly yuck so they have to taste pretty bad. :P Besides, I could never eat anything I saw live and walking around. I even feel badly when DH has to "take care" of destructive critters in the yard.

Terra - it sounds as if you have quite a delicious dinner planned too. It's nice that you will all pitch in and help Mom out with dinner since she has to work tomorrow

Shad - oh no, sounds like another PITA project. I guess that comes with the territory. I hope it won't be too bad for you *duck and cover...* Glad you made it to Melbourne alright.

Susie - I agree with you - much as the day is busy, it does seem to help the old bod if you can get a little movement in. I felt better than I thought I would after shoveling snow for 3 hours on Monday even though it got to the point my arms would not lift another shovelful.

Dee - that's a cute idea with the t-shirts. I have to admit though that I got spoiled with the cotton spandex blend and I don't like the all cotton t-shirts. Still it would be fun to paint / decorate them and give them away. I had to smile at your description of DH's frustration with the website. I got one of those guys too - sometimes it's just best to walk away and leave them be just like you did Did you get your Fitbit yet and if so, how do you like it? Thanks for posting some picture - fun to see people - very adorable.

Ceejay - we weren't allowed to have guns at work either when I was down south. However I worked in the ghetto in a very unsafe area and had to pass through a terrible part of town on my way to and from work. DH wanted me to carry a pistol in my bag (I had a license and carry permit). He said and had a point - no one would be able to protect me if I got attacked other than me. We had guards at the front of the reception area but they were unarmed and the police didn't always respond quickly because there were always altercations going on in the area. Our corporate office was 10 miles away in a better part of town even though there were car jackings on the next block. There was alot of negative feedback from the employees in my complex that the bigwigs did not care about our safety, only saving money by renting a building cheaply. So I refused to work there late. I can understand your concern though - if 5 phone lines ring you are only one person and do what you can do. Are you travelling over to the uncle's tomorrow?

Michelle - thanks for checking in. Glad to hear you are resting comfortably and recovering nicely. Keep sipping the water and move around as best you can. Is step mom toning down the Thanksgiving meal or will you have a houseful?

Thank you ladies for the dessert recipes. They both look delicious. I am going to make an orange dreamsicle cake that I have been drooling over. I am going to cut the recipe in half so I only make a small loaf - enough to enjoy a taste but not overindulge. I might try those apple dumplings - if I can snatch the apples before DH tosses them out to the deer. He lobs 2 or 3 out each night and they go directly to them. Critters eat good at my house.

Annie - I have to say I felt so bad for you after your procedure. Was going to suggest sitting on a bullet popsicle The stuff they do to us ladies men would never tolerate! I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure you will be cooking up a storm for the family - all sorts of yummy stuff. I am totally enjoying the cat posts you are putting on FB I love, love, LOVE chicken salad. And it's even better with grapes in it. Comes from my days at the job from hades where me and my buddy would have the 10 minute power lunch - whatever we got to eat in 10 minutes was what we had. Chicken salad was the quickest thing to get at the in building deli and the fastest to chew. Plus I love the taste of it. Looking forward to turkey salad later too. That is very nice of Sissy to be looking to make a few extra bucks and you helping out by letter her clean. I'm sure she's thinking ahead of gifts for the kids and such. If I lived closer I'd hire her too! Congratulation on the 10 pounds down! Is this from all the walking you do now? Or yucky lunches in the cafeteria?

Laura - I did not get to make the soups on Monday - went outside to help DH and spent 3 hours shoveling. By the time I was done I was too tired to do much more than warm up some leftovers. I'm glad the beef soup meat I have is in a cryo pak so it will hold up until later today. Did you decide on what kind of pie to make. Apple cranberry sounds good although I made some apple cranberry sauce last year - wasn't that impressed with it. I think different seasonings enhance cranberries vs apples and they don't always marry well although they do have cinnamon in common. I guess the weather wasn't too great by you yesterday. Someone at the shop was talking about their kids travelling north from Knoxville TN and got stuck in a near shut down on the road. They stopped in Rockford overnight. It's early into winter and already they are getting crazy storms all over the country - our first snow at 12 inches, Buffalo with 6 feet and now I guess it's going to get really ugly on the east coast. Kind of scary. Do you get any leftovers to take home from the brother's house or is one turkey dinner enough for you? Oh girl you certainly have my sympathies with your comment about Mom being indecisive and having to get her moved. Buy an extra bottle of pain reliever for the headaches to come

Guess that's enough blabbering for now. I'm hungry and DH is taking a nap with the cats. Should I leave the leftover beef and rice for him (and be a good wife) or eat it and tell him you snooze you lose Stay tuned...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #188  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A very happy Thanksgiving to all - just in case you don't get to check in later. Safe travels to those going to Grandma's (or other rellies). Enjoy the day and count your blessings!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Counting my blessings, Happy.
The light office went home at three, but it hasn't been that bad. I decided that if I were to play secretary at three that's what I would do. I will be going to Paragould tomorrow to eat with the relatives. My bf is coming with me.
My co-worker text this morning stating that her aunt that was planning on coming in December passed away last night. She had stage 4 lung cancer. Think she was wanting me to offer to let her take off Thanksgiving day but I'm taking up for myself. I'd already changed vacation plans for her to be off in December. I am coming back home Friday due to that fact I don't know when the funeral will be. Her aunt lived in Kentucky. And to have some me time I'm half way expecting her to call me in the morning but I'm saying no
Update from my co-worker. I will be working Saturday and Sunday for her to go to funeral. I can do that.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-26-2014 at 07:26 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:21 AM   #190  

Roll on tomorrow when I get to go home only to come back on Monday and do it all over again.

The project is actually not too bad. Just a bit disorganised. They've yet to meet a deadline so I'm not too worried.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #191  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you fabulous ladies! Shad even if you aren't American I still wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. As history teaches us, it is customary to celebrate this day with friends and family to give thanks for our blessings. All of you here are blessings to me.

Yesterday right before I was getting ready to leave work my manager had a nice surprise for me.....a 9 percent raise! My hard work has paid off. I am so thankful that I am blessed with this job. I prayed for it and the Lord brought me to it.

We will be at our friends house for Thanksgiving lunch. We will eat about 1 pm then watch movies, nap, visit, get the food back out for dinner and watch more movies. It is such a nice relaxing time.

Ceejay: I am glad you are taking the time you had planned of for yourself. It is also nice that you will cover for your co-worker later on.

Laura: it sounds like you will be in a busy place for Thanksgiving and will have a lot of people to visit with. I am sure your cheesecake will be enjoyed.

Terra: Deviled eggs are on of the things I made to take to our friends house. I also made a pumpkin pie and a Apple pie to take as well as dinner rolls. I am glad your mom doesn't have to work all day. Enjoy the food and time with your family.

Happy: I wish you and DH a nice Thanksgiving. I must say I don't think to highly of those folks who backed out of the invite you extended. What is wrong with some people?!
It sounds as if you were doing some good online shopping. New pillows are always nice.

Dee: Your story about DH and the website made me laugh. Mine does the same thing instead of letting me just help him. Your idea with the t-shirts is so cute. You are so talented!

Annie: I hope you are feeling 100 percent better now. Enjoy the day with your family.

Michelle: It sounds like things are going well for you. I am so glad!

Shad: I am sure you will whip those people working with you on the project in shape and those deadlines will soon be getting met.

The Macy's parade is on now. I watch it and put up the tree so time for me to get with it.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 11-27-2014 at 09:04 AM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Guess I'll have to miss the Macy's day parade but they usually show it again later. I'm getting ready to travel to Paragould. My bf text early this morning to tell me that she would not be going. This is her way of doing things. Her schedule is different than mine. She's up half the night and sleeps till noon. but that's okay. I will have more time to spend with family.
I need to run a couple of errands. We got paid yesterday and need to put my check in the overnight box at the bank. Will be coming back tomorrow.
to get ready for work this week end.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #193  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

I am so grateful for your love and support! I am feeling a little bit better each day. Yesterday I kind of overdid it a little, sitting up for a very long time, lifting things I thought were light enough but probably weren't, and packing my things to go back to the home I share with D.

I'm very grateful that my stepmom let us stay with her for a week. I decided to come back home yesterday for two reasons....so Santa wouldn't be underfoot while they were preparing Thanksgiving dinner, and so I wouldn't have to smell all the yummy smells. D is celebrating Thanksgiving with his family tomorrow, but I won't go with him. I would just prefer to relax at home. Today, I'm going to watch football, eat my squash soup and pumpkin soup and drink my pumpkin protein shakes.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving with good food and good company!

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #194  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yeah, We LOVE Deviled eggs, I love Cheesecake too.

Happy ~ Yeah it gets done faster if everyone pitches in.

Susie ~ WOW!!!!!!!! You made alot of food for your thanksgiving dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 3:30 this morning, Its now 2:56 p.m. I just woke up from a nap. I went to sleep at 10:30 this morning. At 4:00 a.m. this morning I made my Strawberry Cheesecake Salad and then I made my deviled eggs and those are the only 2 food items I made for our Thanksgiving dinner which we will have in an hour at 4. Anyway I'm about to do my 2 miles and then I'll do 1 mile tonight before I go to bed. Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Terra1984; 11-27-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #195  

Morning all,

Nice to be home for the weekend. I'm just drinking my coffee and thinking about the days chores. I should mow the grass - can't call that a lawn and then put the sweeper around. I have a bit of shopping to do and then I will get on with planning out the garden. I need to check out the landscaping business to see about some gravel/ pebbles for the trenches I dug. If I can get them developed next Friday, I can get another job off the list next weekend.

Happy thanksgiving to you all. I meant to get to this yesterday but didn't get around to it with all the other stuff falling around me. It's an interesting project - this one. I am working with a lady I know well who is not as gentle and retiring as she seems. She can be one tough lady at times. Thing is that most of the team don't seem to have registered this fact yet. Also there is a man in my team who thinks he is the boss and is dishing out orders left and right. He will soon find out that I have no intention of doing most of the work while he goes around bragging that he is THE MAN! Between Z and I, we will have him tied up in knots before too long. Meantime he continues to be a pain. I am getting all sorts of directives from him to my home e-mail. He forgets that I have a work email or he doesn't look while he is firing off these emails. I have just found 5 of them when I logged on last night at 10pm. So I have written a terse note to state that I do not want my work email coming to my home email and I have deleted the 3 meetings he has to have. They will not be accepted from that address since I don't take my personal email to work and have no idea that they are coming due.
Well enough of work. It's the usual mix of accents, nationalities, pregnant women, gays and the bright and the inept. We will get on.

Sorry, I am only going back to yesterday for personals. Too much to catch up on.

All the food on this thread for Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I can just about taste the devilled eggs and cheesecake, turkey and pie.

Happy - what rude people. Still it sounds like you will have a better meal than was planned anyway. And what is better than a nap with the cats after a heavy meal in the cool temps you are having.

Annie - Sorry to hear about the pain - hope you are feeling better now and the results come back as good. I hear you on the gas thing. I tend to have that as well and it can be a real pain. Constipation in not a fun thing. Neither are haemorrhoids (sp?) which I have had since I was pregnant and that doesn't make life any easier. Especially when you travel and have to change your lifestyle frequently.

Ceejay - Nice of you to work for the co-worker. Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family.

Susie - nice going - good payrise. Hope you had a good visit with family.

Michelle - good to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better every day and everything is working as it should.

Terra - congratulation on the weightloss. That is very good news. :clap:

Gotta go - or nothing will get done today.