Old 03-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #196  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Back at work Monday. No rest for the wicked as they say.

Went to Chris' street barbeque yesterday. It was very nice. Nice to have a community spirit for people around the neighbourhood. Something I miss in Brisbane where apart from a couple of people, I really don't know anyone in our street.

Pattience - you fit in quite well with our group. We're sort of 40's up to 60's apart from Terrra.
I hope you can get something going with your clothing range. Believe me I am right over the Chinese stuff that we have been getting and thought that I might have to start making my own again. I was telling a friend that I have 2 pairs of full length jeans and 2 pairs of cut off jeans. They are all labelled the same size, and 2 pair were bought at the same shop. Now one pair fits nicely and one pair not too bad. I had to lie on the bed to get the zip done up on the 3rd pair and 1 pair actually fell off when I moved. Well made NOT. So I am hoping for better things for you.
Good luck with the running. November is a pretty hot month for running, where is the race held?

Happy - good to hear that something good might come from that fire. Such a loss to the Humane Society and all the pups and kittens that live there. Hope you get something soon. It probably needs to be in town somewhere close to where people shop which makes things difficult with rents and things.
Weight Watchers have been doing a number of ads over here as well as Jenny Craig. If you are making it too hard to count, weigh, cost out meals etc. then in the current economic climate, people will not join. It's the nature of the beast. They want to lose weight, but not their bank accounts and they aren't going to move far to do it.
Wonderful things best friends. I have a couple of them and I count my blessings every time I think of them.

Ceejay - whats causing the allergies this time? Is it spring and flowers?

Terra - hope you got both walks in yesterday. Need to make a habit of it.

Annie, Laura, Michelle

Better go and do something for which I get paid. Another day, another dollar.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #197  

Looks like I might add the Kardashians to the rules as well. I'll just edit the rules again.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #198  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

No Justin Bieber either.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #199  

Height: 5'7"

It has been a restful Sunday here. We went to church and to the grocery to get makings for a pot roast to give us a couple of meals for the week. I finished the laundry today and also took nap.

When I got up from the nap, I took everything out of the fridge and wiped it all out. Now it is nice a clean and everything in it us currently dated. It feels nice to have that done. Next area to tackle is the spice cabinet and check dates and toss anything expired. I'm starting my spring cleanng slowly.

I have enjoyed my 3 day weekend and I am happy to say that I too nap everyday of it!

Pattience: Welcome to the thread. I'm pretty new here. I think I joined around September last year. I think you will like it here.

Happy: Things sound hopeful for the Humane Society. Hopefully they can rebuild quickly or find another building in a good spot.

Sorry to hear abou the vertigo; I hope things are better now?

I do plan to keep the shake plan as a "quick start". I have stated I will give it 3 months and then make a decision on how to go from there. My friend who has been on it 2 years an is now at her goal weight would do it, 3 months on and then 3 months where she did one shake a day and normal food the rest of the meals and then back on the shake for 2 meals a day. Now she does the shake every other day.

I don't have my gallbladder. I had it removed 26 years ago.

DH's machine is very, very quiet. I don't even hear it. His mask is just over his nose and he says it is very easy to sleep in. Today he said, "I can't believe how much better I am feeling". I'm noticing that he is not as grumpy, but I am keeping that comment to myself

Shad: I hope you are having a good Monday.

Ceejay: Good move to come home early and get an extra day to rest before heading back to work.

Hi to Laura, Annie and Michelle and Terra
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #200  

Done!
Anyone else off the Christmas card list?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #201  

Morning all.

Ceejay – My doctor prescribed the once a week Vit. D pill of 50,000 units and also told me to buy a daily Vit. D-3 pill of 2,000 units to take the other 6 days of the week. I haven’t started the regimen yet. Do you have any issues/side effects with the weekly pill? Re sewing – I have my mother’s hand-me-down machine that has the usual stitches, including zig-zag and some decorative ones and I guess it does buttonholes too, not that I’ve used that feature. I’d like to have a serger...it’s just that I don’t really do enough sewing to warrant a second machine. And I’m not sure I want to dedicate more space for it. That said, I’m glad I know enough to do tasks like hemming and mending myself, as well as simple sewing projects. I need a new battery for my pedometer. Of course it’s almost time to get my bike out for part of my work commute, so I’m not sure if I’ll bother with the pedometer now. Good job on the yoga workouts! I’m sure it’s helpful with the stress/anxiety.

Susie – Sounds like you had a wonderful long weekend! Did you narrow down the paint color? Thanks for the tip re taking the Vit. D with food. Glad to hear the c-pap is helping your hubby with the quality of his sleep. My friend D has one, and having roomed with her a few times, I realized it’s really very quiet. She really noticed a positive change in her energy levels once she began using it. Good luck to you on the protein shake plan!! Let us know how you like it.

Terra – How did your walking go this weekend? I took a couple nice dog walks. Do you ever take your dog with you when you walk?

Michelle – Nice of you to bring a meal to your xSIL. How’s she doing??

Shad – Thanks for laying out the rules. The street barbecue sounded fun. Our block used to have a block party each summer, but as usual, it’s a fair amount of work and the same folks always did it. So no block party the past few years. The kids of those organizers are older now too, so it’s probably not as much of a priority…there used to be a bouncy house, a piñata and other games for them. Loved the photos, saw some on fb too. What calm water!

Annie – Hang in there girl, and same to DD. She’s so fortunate to have her momma with her right now!! Hope you’ll soon have more time to devote to the job hunt.

Happy – Sorry your vertigo returned at the yoga class. Has it lessened since then? I hope the humane society can get a good temporary location and get up and running again soon. I’m sure there are a lot of folks in the area with plenty to donate if the word goes out. I wish them good luck for a new beginning.

Welcome Pattience.
==

Saturday morning was Jazzercise class. This class was called “strike” and it was mostly boxing/kickboxing type routines. One of the routines has moves that I’m really feeling in the front of my shoulder – wow. It was a great workout. Later I met my friend D for lunch and then we hit a couple stores at the mall. I used up the rest of my Sephora gift card (and then some), so that’s all done. I’m not into makeup enough to become a regular at that place, and it’s a bit too rich for my blood anyway. I’ll stick with mostly drugstore cosmetics, thank you.

Afterwards I went to the luggage store in my neck of the woods to see if they had any purses I liked. The store stocks travel purses, so what they have is mostly lightweight nylon bags with lots of pockets. I love them!! Unfortunately, their stock was low, but in a couple weeks they will be getting in the new 2014 stuff. I’ll go back in a few weeks to check it out.

After that was a dogwalk and that was about it for my Saturday. Bf and I agreed on the height at which our tv should be mounted, so we’re ready for the installation tomorrow. Well, actually, now our tv cabinet is too tall, so we'll be buying a new one soon. I expect a trip to Ikea will happen one night this week. Bf suggested going there yesterday and I just couldn’t stomach the thought of going there on a weekend. It’s such a zoo.

Yesterday I got my jeans hemmed and they look nice. Thankfully I didn’t have much trouble at all with the thick parts at the side seams. I took doggy for a nice long walk after that. It was chilly out, but it was it was bright and sunny and that was nice.

That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #202  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Sorry I didn't get in here much, if at all, over the weekend...another fun and VERY busy weekend.

This week I'll be fixing the bugs and putting the finishing touches on my company's new website in preparation for launch on Monday 3/31. UPDATE: Great news!! I just learned that due to some major contracts in the works, we won't be changing our company name officially until May 1. Therefore, we won't be launching the new website until May 1!! I get another month to take it from good to awesome!! I'm so thrilled!!

I'll try and check back in later so I can do personals.

In the meantime, Pattience!

Much love and many hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 03-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #203  

Morning all,
Not much happening here. I'm waiting on some of the 'offshore consultants' (read Indian) to come in and get on with the day. I have to nail them before it is time for them to go to a meeting (out for a smoke) or get into one of their huddles. So if I post this in the middle of a sentence it means that I have seen them arrive.

Fairly lazy night last night and I did not sleep well. Up at 1.00am and feeling like someone bright and beautiful. But what can you do on a Monday/ Tuesday night morning without waking the sleeping occupants of other apartments.

Work carries on and on and on. My boss lady is extending my contract until July although I won't be here that long. She is just being cautious about who she has left at the end of training. I will probably go home mid May to early June. I only asked because my landlady is requesting a months notice of end of lease.

This glorious weather carries on and on. Can live with this indefinitely. Sorry to those who are plastered in the evil white stuff and less than sub-tropical temperatures. We're into Autumn and still getting temps around 20-23 (or around 70F). There's not much in the way to tree changes in this town. Most of the vegetation is either pine or non-deciduous native stuff. I need to go to Arrowtown in the South Island for leaf peeping.

Michelle - lucky you having an extension to get out the bugs and dolly it up.

Laura - Yeah the street party was good. Each year it is at one of the neighbours houses. They all bring their own food and share it, they all bring their own chairs and drinks. They all pick up after themselves and disappear and all we had to do (it was at Chris' place this year) was to shift the tables and chairs back in to the shed or house and clean up a few dishes.
Some nice new cosmetics sounds like fun.

Susie - the spice cupboard is the problem area in my place. I just wish we could buy it as you do in Japan by the spoonful. It would save a lot of my throwing out of out of date bottles. Good luck with that.

And that is about it from me. I had better go spy out the territory down the other end of the building and see if anyone has arrived yet, you'd think that they would be here by 9.00am.

Catch you later.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Tomorrow is the fun time. I get to drain the ground storage water tank. Maybe it will get my Mr. know it all out of my hair for a while. I don't know why he's still up here. He keeps asking me to let him do the paper work. I keep saying they tell me not to let you, no offense. So here he sit's most of the day. Supposed to be doing maintenance---nope. So I ignore him and go my way.
When I took my aunt home on Saturday we had to slow down for the car in front of us and then I saw a very young deer galloping across the road. It may have been a yearling but think it was a bit older.

Susie
Sounds like you had a good week end. Think I've been Spring cleaning all year with all the purging I've been doing. I have a few more items to take to the Good Will but not as much as before. I should start cleaning out the cabinets this week end. One at a time though and put down new shelf paper.

Laura
If the doctor told me to take the extra vitamin d I don't remember it. I have another months supply to take and then a repeat of a blood test. I do take a calcium and vitamin d together. My calcium was also low.

Michelle
I'm proud of you for getting the web sight done in time but it will be even better with the extension.

Shad
We're having sunshine but the wind is cold. Possible snow flurries tonight, but so far no clouds.

Happy
I agree on the Kardashian"s and Justin Beiber. How are you feeling today?
Heard anything else about the Humane Society?

Hello's to Pattience and Terra.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-24-2014 at 05:41 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I almost forgot. I haven't had any side affects from this high dosage of vitamin d.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 AM   #206  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Had several PC problems today including DH working on trying to find a speedier internet service. So I wasn't able to bounce on for very long.

Had a blood draw for my doctor's appointment later this week. I do wish they'd get people who knew how to draw blood. Seems there is always someone new in there. And my veins are small and I'm not an easy stick. This guy started out sounding bad but he checked some notes and in the end was able to get what he needed. At the endocrinologist they had a person who did nothing but draw blood and those people were bip ! done before you knew what happened.

My older cat is eating litter. Not poopy stuff - the rocks. I had seen some in the water bowl and wondered where it came from. So it's a traumatic trip to the vets for her. And more money out the door.

Ceejay - I'm glad you are doing your thing, obeying what you have been told and not getting tangled with the new guy. That's very smart. Did you decide on what you are doing for your spare room decorations? We are seeing a lot of young deer in our yard - I'm not sure if the harsher winter had an effect on their growth. They are not spotted fawns but seem awfully young to have had to deal with the conditions we have had. Of course the ones who made it to our yard were well fed. Maybe that's why they seem to bring friends.

Shad - it's funny - they are really pushing out smoking here in the states for the most part but I have noticed many of the Indian consultants still smoke. I hope you got done what you needed to with the training. I am right there with you in agreement about the spices. They don't last anywhere near as long as you can use them up. I have learned to not be tempted with spice "blends" either. I must have 100 jars of stuff I need to sort through and toss at least half. It's far worse for you travelling as you do and having to set up temporary quarters.

Michelle - good luck with the finishing touches on the new website launch!

Laura - I am still having issues with the vertigo. This concerns me because I am having problems when I lay flat on the ground. I start a new yoga class on Wednesday and it's 90 MINUTES long. OMG - I am having issues getting through 45 minutes on Thursday. I have tried the vertigo exercises and they really aren't doing anything. I see the physical therapist next week and will have him do the procedure to reset the crystals. I can appreciate your comment about not having a lot of room for the sewing stuff. I was impressed with some of the magazine articles that use a bedroom closet as a sewing center but I don't know how you can give up a bedroom closet or how you'd have enough table space to work on patterns and sewing!

Susie - that's good to know your gallbladder is out - then you should not have issues with the protein shakes. Glad to hear that you are planning on doing it as a kick start. DH's cpap started quiet but as time went on he had issues with the straps irritating his face. I think he wears it a bit looser now and I suspect when his head turns on the pillow, it doesn't fit as tight and so the Darth Vader noises kick in. Glad to hear that your DH is getting a better rest. That has to be a relief!

Hello to Annie - hope Sissy is doing better and the babies are doing fine.

Looks like the cat wants some food. I have to watch over her so the no so little younger one does not scarf down the big one's meal. And Meadow eats very slow. Another late night to bed.

Night all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #207  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Thanks for the welcome everyone: happy, ceejay, my choice, laura, diyana! And hello to everyone else.

I haven't been seeing the new posts on this thread. So i have just had to catch up on everything since the last time. You guys are busy!

Shad, yesterday i was reading an industry comment about the quality of clothing from places like asia. There are apparently understandable reasons why they are so badly cut. It was an interesting read. I haven't worn jeans for many years partly because its so hot here but mainly because they don't seem to work for people with my proportions -which is not skinny thighs and no bum.

If you get the chance, i invite you all to read add your two bobs worth to my thread about clothing but in here if you wish.

What styles of clothing suits you and you like to wear - apart from jeans. Do you know your body type? It helps to have that understanding. I'm a pear - big backside, big thighs, small chest but unlike many pears i don't have narrow shoulders. Actually i 'm too tired to write out the whole post. I need to go bed but if you want to start giving me your preferences that would be good because i've been encouraged by a few people around here to try sewing for plus sizes but i am not too sure what works best. I only just began to figure out what works for me and i probably got to a size 16 in Australian. I don't understand british or american sizing systems.

My fabric is a cotton, plain weave prints. Bold and colourful prints and interesting. Its not a great draping fabric like most synthetics or fine cottons so its somewhat limiting.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #208  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Royce 8 days Old

Here is a couple of pix of Royce. Not much hair at all but what he does have is RED. Sam and Chris both have a red hue to their hair and Sam's dad has strawberry blonde hair, so it is really not a surprise. Brown eyes already.

Will try to get better pictures to post.

Loves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg royce 8 days old.jpg (31.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg royce 8 days.jpg (9.8 KB, 4 views)
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy...Sam is a bit better, I still go over there every day but not dawn to dusk. She is gaining confidence daily. The doc put her on Zoloft last Friday just waiting for it to kick in.

Pattience...welcome to the worldlies. I haven't been around much do to life getting in the way..lol.

SHADDIE...saw the flooding in Sydney on the TV today. Yikes. Even a couple of deaths...

CHELLE...glad you have gained some extra time on the website launch. Thanks for the extra care of me lately.

LAURA...thank you for checking in on me also. You girls are the best.

CEEG...I take extra D via pill form, doesn't seem to bother me either. If the sun would just shine, be warm and the wind quit blowing it would be great.

Susie..my dad had a CPAP and absolutely hated it but was much needed.

Have managed to apply for about 5 jobs a week. Of course it has only been two weeks worth. Two "already filled" responses and that is it. I am not discouraged yet but freaked when I went and got my month supply of meds and had to pay 489.00, that is enough to get me in gear and look further into applying. Have been up and at it today since 6 am. It is just a PIA when you have to make a profile and sign in to most places to apply.

I am feeling pretty good and also down 15 lbs since Christmas. Slow but sure wins the race. I am not killing myself to do it, eating less and moving more, mostly moving more because of helping Sam and playing a LOT with Jacob.

Nothing much else going on...

Hugs All
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #210  

Morning all.

Michelle – Yay for having more time to get the site at its best.

Shad – Now 70 F sounds like good winter weather to me, at least from a temp standpoint.

Ceejay – It’s easier to brush off the trainee when you have management behind you. Good to hear you don’t have any side effects from the high Vit. D dosage.

Happy – From all the difficulties I hear about blood draws, I’m glad my veins are apparently easy to work with. It’s nice when you get someone drawing who can get the needle in without any pain and sometimes even no feeling at all! Sorry the vertigo hasn’t eased. Gosh, the new yoga class will be a challenge for you if you’re still unwell. And 90 minutes – yikes! I’d say it would be alright if some of the extra time was spent doing the deep breathing lying flat on the floor, but that doesn’t sound like it’ll work for you right now.

Pattience – I don’t have much of a clue what clothing suits me best. I guess I don’t necessarily want to hide my shape, but I don’t like super clingy clothing either. I wear mostly jeans outside of work. I’ve stayed away from skinny jeans because the legs are too skinny for my calves (which are much like bowling pins, lol)! At work I don’t vary much at all from basic dark dress slacks, a plain t-shirt type top over which I wear a cardigan of some sort. Body type – huh. Not sure, maybe a rectangle? I have broad shoulders and wide-ish hips, but a flat bum. I can’t say I understand the US clothing sizes either! They vary greatly among manufacturers/brands. I find it’s better to not strive for a number, just for what fits best. I never seem to go into a fitting room with just one size of anything.

Annie – Awww, thanks for posting the pics of baby Royce. Lookin’ good. Glad S. is a bit better and feeling more confident. It’s wonderful you’re there for her, but you’ve been run off your feet! It’ll be nice when you get some time to yourself for relaxing and of course, time to concentrate on the job hunt. Glad to hear you’re not bothered by the Vit. D either. Yeh, I’d like to be able to build my levels up naturally…but it’s still not nice enough to spend much time outdoors. But…I do wonder if all the lunches eaten inside at my desk are part of my low D levels. I used to go out for lunch all the time and get some sunshine that way, now it’s much less frequent. On the other hand, I still get outside for my work commute. I dunno.

Hi Terra!
Hi Susie!
==
Nuttin’ much to report. I had to put together a rough list of ideas for my performance goals this year. Of course they have to be aligned with those of the department and the company, yada, yada, yada. Get to discuss them with the new boss shortly. Bleh.

Last night I caught up with the plank challenge. I didn’t start it on Sunday, so I did two days’ worth yesterday. I did, however, start my pushup challenge over again on Sunday. Day 1 was 3 pushups and I was able to do 3 standard pushups – yay me! Yesterday was 4 pushups and it was harder, but I did it. I will no doubt have to modify as the number goes up, but I will always begin with the standard version on the floor and do as many as I can eak out in good form, then move onto an elevated surface such as my step, the basement stairs or the weight bench.

Today’s the start of a new WW session. Fewer people, so the session will be 12 weeks in length. I’m struggling, but I’m not giving up yet!!

Late in the afternoon is a happy hour for our boss, who is retiring at the end of this month. The only thing I don’t like about this is that the happy hour is also celebrating the new position of another member of our partner department. She’s not even in our group anymore, not sure why they had to have a joint celebration – it makes each one seem less special. Oh well. The new boss is hesitant to schedule a modest going away lunch (at a restaurant) just for our boss only with our department (only 5 of us total)– thinks his new boss won’t approve it. If this is a preview of his gumption, I’m not impressed.

I believe our movie group leader is on spring break, so no movie tonight. I really should get to the gym, I feel like such a slacker when I don’t do much of anything. Tonight is a “Body Works Plus Abs” class. Tough class, but I should try to get there.

Okay, better post and gird up for my goals talk.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-25-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote