Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Just a short note as I am about to dash out of the door and get together with some old friends. Love it.

I have had a note from Jen (finally). When I get back here this afternoon, I will look at it again and let you know what's what, but it sounds like she has had her own cancer scare. That's why I need to read and inwardly digest before I let you lot know what is going on. I'll definitely be back later this day.

Love to all
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #122  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

happy2bme ~ Yeah I agree its okay to take a day off but you dont want to do it for 2,3 or 4 days.

Laura705 ~ Yeah Im waiting to get to goal until I get new clothes too.

Michelle ~ Thanks, I sure will keep up my walking, I hope you have a great weekend also
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Dear Joy...i'm soooo sorry i haven't written...here is my ddress: Jennifer Lane 525 gregory ave. apt..3F weehawken, nj 07086 ;0) i lost my internet ..can't afford it any more...lol so I wanted to send you my address & number..please let the other ladies know what happened to me... I JUST WENT TRU MY OWN CANCER SCARE!! they were sooo sure i had breast cancer...have alot of pain...losing weight..but x-rays or ok..but the blood is not...please send me your address can't find mom's address book in the mess from the move...love to you all Jennifer

Hope you can understand that okay. I have sent a message back, but it seems she can't have internet any more. Must have sent this from the office or somewhere.

Okay. Flying back tomorrow - will catch up again then
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad - thanks for the Jen update. Poor kid, she can't afford to give up any more weight. And how sad to have to deal with something like that while trying to grieve over her Mom. Have a good weekend back home.

Hellos to the rest.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Sorry I've been missing in action the last couple of days but I've been in the mood to rearrange the living room and bedroom/office. So that's been completed.
Would you believe the weather man is predicting snow flurries for tomorrow night.

-------
Annie
Saw the picture of your newest grandson on FB. What a cutie. J. must be having some new baby anxiety, sibling rivalry.

more elatger
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #126  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ceejay ~ Yeah we're getting snow flurries tomorrow morning, Grrrr...I thought the snow was over including the flurries.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #127  

Morning all.

Weekend so far:
Bf walked doggy on Friday afternoon, so I didn't have to do that. I did make the thai soup from the ginger flavored broth. Turned out tasty, but took a bit longer because I had to thaw, trim, cook, and shred the chicken thighs for it.

Saturday I went to jazzercise class & signed on for a year. I plan to only go saturday mornings. Yesterday's class was sort of like an interval class - cardio routines interspersed with strength routines, the latter of which used weights or the resistance tube. I'd left my 5 lb dumbbells in my wheelie gym bag - too heavy! I've already switched those out for my 3 lb weights for the future. Next week I hear it will be another special class with a lot of boxing type moves.

Later in the morning I had my hair appointment. After that was lunch, some grocery shopping, a dog walk and making a batch of brownies for book club & another batch for bf & I.

Book club was alright. We actually discussed the book! And we watched the movie based on it. The movie was quite different & glossed over much detail (as usual).

I was a bit whooped after all that, but I didn't get to sleep right away even though I didn't get home until midnight. I was up around 7 this morning. Guess I should be glad I don't sleep in - just makes monday mornings all that much more difficult.

I'm a bit sore today from jazzercise class yesterday, but didn't feel like doing a yoga class at the gym this morning.

Nothing special planned for today, just laundry & stuff. Might hem those jeans.

No personals right now... TTFN Worldlies.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-16-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm back at work. Ugh
Rode the bike for 2.5 miles last night.
And I'm beginning to see signs of spring. However, mother nature doesn't want to give up.

Shad
Thanks for the information about Jen. Bless her heart.

Laura
Bet your house smelled good with you baking those brownies. Brownies are my favorite. Glad to hear that the bf is doing well also after his surgery. I think I would like to do a circuit class. I know that's what Curves do. I have been doing the push up challenge.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #129  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies.

The weekend has gone by so fast. Did all the usual things; cleaning house, laundry, paid bills.

Did some fun things too. We went out to eat with friends on Friday night and stopped at Sears to try out some of the treadmills that I have been researching. We decided on one. I need to go online and get it ordered. The customer service rep in the store looked it up and it was cheaper for me to order it online. I will need to delay the delivery for a bit as I need to get the bed in the spare room down and get the painting done.

I have someone coming on Friday to give me a quote on painting it, the bath room and maybe my home office. They told me at Sears that I can delay the delivery for 2 months. I don't think it will take too long but need to see what the painter says.

I used to do the painting myself but this painter I use is very good and not to expensive and it's all done in one day--makes it nice.

Saturday we went to Red Lobster with friends to celebrate his birthday. Between the leftovers from PF Changs and Red Lobster I have lunch for the next 2 days as well. The serving sizes are so huge but it makes it nice to have leftovers and lunch planned for at least 2 days out of the week.

I'm taking this Friday off. DH is a huge college basketball fan and he always takes off the Friday when March Madness starts. He will watch basketball late into the night on Thursday and then watch it all weekend. I will be getting the painting quotes and I need to go get the plastic that I need to have to put the mattress and the box springs from the bed in the spare room in. I'll post the headboard and the frame on the local Rummage sale site and get some money from it. It's the bed we bought when we were first married. I feel I got my money out of it--it's 26 years old.

Also a friend of mine is selling her coffee table and end tables. I'm going to go have a look at them and see if I want them. If so, I 'll have "new" ones and then I'll list mine on the site along with the bed.

On the weight-loss quest for me I made it to 3 workouts last week. Posted my food on MFP for 4 days (I think) and had a 2 lb GAIN at my TOPS weigh-in. I don't know how...I was sad, and mad all at the same time.

Annie: I'm glad that Royce is here and doing well and that Jacob has you around to give him a bit of extra love. It's hard when those new babies come and you used to be the main man!

Ceejay: Good for you for getting that nice bike ride in.

Michelle: Glad to hear that things went well for your a work on Friday. How was your trip to the mountains?

Laura: You have had a very busy weekend!

Shad: Hi. I'm glad to hear that Jen has found a way to keep in touch with you all and I'm glad to hear that she didn't have breast cancer.

Terra: We have very cold weather here today. At first they said we might have a dusting of snow but haven't seen anything. I am like you--I am over the snow and the flurries and the cold.

Happy: How was your weekend? How is your knee feeling? Mine is a bit sore from the workouts last week. I just try and remember to ice it proactively after I workout.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #130  

Happy Monday all. Or should I say “Top of the mornin’ to ya!”

Happy – Being stiff is different than actually having hurt something. Hope you only had stiffness from the yoga, and that it’s faded by now. Re Snow Flower and the Secret Fan – it was a bit graphic about the footbinding and certainly conveyed the pain and danger of it, but I think what really bothered me was having gone online and seeing photos. If I hadn’t done that, it wouldn’t have been that bad. Otherwise, I thought the book was very interesting about the culture and traditions, and it was a decent story.

Michelle – How was the hike up Mt. Hamilton? Sounds wonderful. I hope the ginger worked for both you and Santa. Was it a lot of walking, or did you see most of the sights from the car during the drive? Good for you doing all those fitness classes – and they all sound really appropriate for you and your back!!

Shad – Thanks for sharing the e-mail from Jen. Poor Jen, going through a lot. Glad the scare was just that and not cancer, but I hope it’s also not anything else serious. I take it you’re back in NZ by now??

Ceejay – How are you liking your newly arranged rooms? I haven’t done anything like that in a while. It sure freshens things up a bit. Good job on riding the bike and doing the pushup challenge.

Terra – Yeh, I’d like the snow to finally be over too. We had a tiny dusting Saturday night, thankfully that was it. Not sure what’s on tap for this week's weather though. Hope you can get out and walk.

Susie – Sounds like a nice weekend. Your plans for the spare room are shaping up nicely. Guess you’ll really get going on Friday. I have to get our powder room project going again. I hate when things get dragged out – then I start to doubt our choices on paint color, fixtures, etc. Maybe it’ll help if I look at some design sites, Pinterest, etc. so that I get more ideas before our next trip to the stores to shop.

Hi Annie!!

==

I didn’t do much of anything yesterday for half the day, though I did get through the mail pile, and then I walked doggy. It was very chilly and windy - Coal didn't even stop to do much sniffing. After that, bf and I went to the big sale at the big electronics store. I’d finally agreed to a bigger tv for the living room, but only because we switched up our cable plan to the “ultra”plan several months back and the on-screen channel guide is smaller and more difficult for me to read! And I realized that it would be more fun to have a bigger tv, especially when we watch the occasional hockey game.

Anyway, we made our purchase (delivery and set up sometime next week) and then stopped at Walmart. We ordered a pizza for dinner and that was about it for my Sunday. Rather slothful – no laundry and no jeans hemming got done. Good thing I have a lot of clean clothes to wear!

Okay, better get back to work. Have a great day ladies.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #131  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie & Laura705 ~ Yeah, the flurries we got didnt stick so that was good. I think the weather is week is gonna be pretty nice so thats awesome. Yes as soon as Im done with TOM Im gonna start walking again
Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #132  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! May the luck of the Irish be with us all!

Had a very busy and very fun weekend. Was going from one thing to the next up until yesterday evening when I had to buckle down and get some freelance website work done.

Friday night was Aqua Aerobics, followed by taking Santa to the dog park. Saturday, I drove my friend B around on some errands and then we went for lunch. After lunch, Santa and I met up with some friends and for the drive up Mt. Hamilton. Sorry if I gave anyone the impression it was a hike. Although we did stop along the way and took a short walk out to a small lake (15 minutes each way). Because I had Santa I didn't go into the Observatory or see the big telescope, but I'd seen it before. Besides Santa and I were enjoying walking around the grounds and enjoying the magnificent views in all directions. I'll post some photos later.

After we came back down to the valley, I took Santa to the dog park since he did so well on the long car ride up/down the curvy mountain road.

Yesterday, I tried out a new church that a friend of mine recommended. After church, I did some errands and then went over to B's to do a bit of housecleaning for him. Because his leg is in so much pain and he has so much swelling, he's not able to do much in the way of cleaning. He's hiring a housecleaner for the bigger cleaning jobs, but I wanted to help a bit. After that, it was home and website work.

Today after work, I have my first back exercise class at the hospital's physical therapy department. I'll let you know how it goes. Two things they taught us in the intro classes are: (1) When sitting, it sometimes helps to put a rolled up small towel under your tailbone to make your hips slightly higher than your legs and tilt your pelvis a bit and sit up straighter (this may not be good for everyone, so if you try it and it hurts, don't do it); (2) the second thing is to engage your core while sitting, walking, standing, all the time but still breathe. The physical therapist said to engage the core muscles properly, imagine you're trying to zip up a pair of pants that are a size too small. The way you suck in the lower, mid and upper core is a good way to strengthen your core. Do it as often as possible and hold for at least 30 seconds at a time.

I'll have to catch up with what y'all have been up to later as I've got lots to get done today.

Just a mention though...

Laura - thank you for sending me back the message I sent out almost a year ago...I did find my much better life. And I'm finding new "prizes" in life everyday!

I hope you all are well and that today is a fantastic start to a wonderful week!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #133  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Light snow flurries in the air, they are talking a snow storm late tonight and through Wednesday. Could get 4 to 8 inches of the stuff, depending on how it tracks. It's to be expected although we are all tired of the stuff by now and ready to get on with spring that rolls in next week. I cancelled my therapy appointment as a precaution - if we do get rough travelling, that's too far to risk it. Besides I want to give it a week's break and see how things go anyway. I really think it helped with him working on my back instead of my knee.

I don't know what I did on Saturday but I managed to fill the day up. Oh wait - DH and I had a long talk about finances. All is good. Yesterday we went out with the cousins. Had a burger, a couple of drinks and a nice evening out. Today I want to focus on house cleaning mostly. I have a couple of loads of wash to do also. Got the washer repair man coming on Wednesday as the washer is incredibly loud when spinning - an airplane roaring overhead is just slightly louder than this. I guess a bearing is out. I haven't had the washer serviced since I bought it 6 or 7 years ago so I guess it's held up well. DH talked about replacing it but I don't see why - doesn't sound like it's an expensive fix but you never know...

I also have some cooking to do - need to plan out the week's meals to use up the stuff in the refrigerator. I have a feeling that I have something I need to do this week that I forgot to mark down on the calendar oops.

Thanks for the back tips Michelle - those are some good ones!

Laura - when I was young I read a book Fifth Chinese Daughter and was fascinated by the culture and both interested and horrified at the whole foot binding thing. Especially when Westerners interfered and tried to unbind those poor girls feet. I had heard about the book you mention - must have been a popular book club selection. Will have to check it out. I can totally relate to your comment about when things take too long to get done, you tend to question your choices. As for the tv, we got - well rather DH selected a 60 inch tv for the basement tv room. I thought it was overkill, particularly when it was too big to fit into the custom built cabinet that was already there (he tore it out). I'm not sure it was that spectacular - all I can say is that it makes the other tvs noticeably smaller

Susie - sometimes I think it's better to pay someone to do the work and have it over and done with quickly, particularly with your already busy schedule. Sounds like some nice renovations when you get done. How nice to have a treadmill too. My knee is feeling better, thanks for asking. What I noticed and what the PT told me was that the muscle was seized for a long time and I adjusted my walking to accommodate it. Now that we have alleviated it, the knee feels a bit weak but it's really that the muscle needs to "relearn" how to properly work now that it's unkinked. So while I feel a bit of a weakness in it, I am trying to walk leg forward and retrain it, rather than side stepping / adjusting to work around it. If that makes sense...

Ceejay - I will miss seeing those pretty purple trees in spring bloom. Actually all of the south is pretty as the colors come in - like autumn but with pastels instead. Sounds like you are busy rearranging your home again.

If any of you are interested - there is a website with yoga and pilates videos online www.myyogaonline.com/gaiam - the first 2 weeks are free, after that it's a 9.95 monthly subscription. At first I thought that was pricey but I am paying 5 dollars a class at the senior center now and the end of the month when I go to the better yoga class - that's almost 10 dollars a session. This has beginner videos on it which I like as well as advanced classes. Quite a bit of content to look through. I like that you can trial it and not have to put in credit card info until you want membership or access to more videos.

I am cancelling my WW online membership after probably 10 years - boy did they make out on me and this will still be less than WW cost and I probably will get more out of it.

Hellos to Shad and Terra and Annie. Catch you later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #134  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, Did anyone get pinched today for not wearing green? I wore green to work and most of my co-workers. I thought it was sort of cute how that has stayed with a lot of since grade school days.

The day was actually a bit stressful. DH woke up at 2:30 a.m. in a full-fledge panic attack. It took almost an hour to calm him down. We get up at 5:30 a.m. so not a lot of sleep.

He hasn't had a panic attack for almost 9 months and so he's not sure why it happened. We get his cpat machine on Wednesday and I'm anxious to see if it helps him at all. I think it will. He said it wasn't anything with his breathing he was just dreaming all sorts of things and he has been feeling anxious the past few days. It might be his afib as well.

So I went to work tired and then EVERYONE seemed to be very demanding of me. I finally said to my manager when he came to see how I was doing on something he said he needed, that he sent the request to me at 9:30 and I had 4 other requests that he sent me before that. He didn't indicate one was more important than the other and that I was currently on his 3rd request and hoped to be done with all 5 with-in the hour. Did he need me to bump this one request up? I mean for pete's sake! and then when I printed what he needed for that 5th request he realized he sent me the wrong thing.

I packed my workout clothes but didn't make it to the gym. I was just too tired and had to much to do. It's an excuse I know..it's Monday and today I'm just not in the mood to push past the excuse.

A good night's sleep will help.

I will catch up personals tomorrow. As Scarlett said...."tomorrow's another day".

MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #135  
Turning Into A New Woman

happy2bme ~ H~E~L~L~O~ back at ya