Old 11-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly and there is NO wind for a nice change. It's 41 degrees right now heading up to 50 this afternoon. I'll take it! I've had a lazy start to my morning. I couldn't get my puzzle on the iPad so I spent too much time on that. I do have laundry going, and I am dressed.

Susan -- I usually check the newspaper around the 21st to see when the sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset start to add minutes of daylight. I will be checking earlier now! I know it stays the same for a couple days and then will drop/add a minute, then two a month or so later. It always seems like it takes longer to notice the longer daylight hours in the spring than when they disappear in the fall. I wish they would pick one or the other and leave it alone.

"Gma" -- That is too bad about the sweatshirt. I am going to brave Target later this afternoon. Since I don't have the receipt I hope they won't give me any grief. I remembered what happened to the receipt though. I also bought Ian's DS games and gave the receipt to Amanda in case his birthday one or Christmas one didn't work. I think all stores and offices should close at noon on Christmas Eve! When I worked retail the drunks would come in around 3 or 4 and we could sell them anything -- broken, used, mis-matched, whatever. It was crazy, and of course there was always one more trying to come in the doors as they were being locked and the lights shut off.

I need to balance the check book and find a new check register while I'm at it. Knock on wood I can usually find my mistake in a day or two if I don't balance.

Hope you all enjoy a nice Saturday. We are heading to Sioux City after lunch so I can return the heater to Target, meet our friends for supper, and then the concert.

Last edited by Jean; 11-30-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD NOVEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is slightly warmer this day for they say the high will be 58°s with the low of 27°. The last few days have been down in the 40° area. I like warmer. The animals like it better when they can laze around on the grass instead of staying inside all day. Beanie doesn’t do much lazing around though because he and Cecil have a great time wrestling and chasing each other about.

I have a recipe from a friend I am going to try today:
Mix together:
8 ounces plain no-fat yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of nutmeg

Sounds like it would be good to eat with any kind of vegetables as a dip. The points will be easy to figure by what kind of yogurt one uses. Splenda® can be substituted for the honey also which I will probably do.

I am really going to make this next year count on my weight loss. We have plans of doing some serious traveling in a year and I do want to be a lot closer to my goal weight in a year’s time. I will be much better if I am thinner at traveling or searching for artifacts. We have a friend who owns vast acreage which is rich with history and has given us written permission to be on his property any time we choose to be there.

The fruit I had ordered from Florida arrived in great condition and is so yummy and ripe. I have the oranges and grapefruit in the fridge now and the apples, tangerines and pears in a fruit bowl on the table.

I placed an order for See’s fudge so I won’t be making any this year. I have that same fudge recipe and have made 5 pounds on some holidays through the years and decided to just order a couple pounds already made this year to gift. I also ordered a couple pounds of the nuts and chews. I wrap each piece that doesn’t get given away with freezer stretch tight and we can just take one out to thaw and eat ~ they last for months that way. Nutritional values for each piece is available and that sure helps. I can eat just “one piece” for it isn’t a red light food for me. Most of the pieces are 2P+ each. If you can’t handle eating just one or two pieces then don’t buy this brand. They make some lovely Easter eggs also ~ chocolate covered with yummy centers. They make some large ones that you can slice . . . They come with pretty little flowers and stripes in colors. I was introduced to Mama Sees when I was a child and have purchased chocolates from her through the years. Like I said chocolate isn’t a red light food for me but mashed potatoes and gravy sure are.

JEAN No wind ~ what a blessing that is. I don't think we have any today either but I have not been outside as of yet and I don't hear it scraping a bush on my window.

DONNA FAYE That is too bad that the things you ordered were sub-stander in quality. I am so thankful that your mail person doesn't work here. We are fortunate to have a wonderful mail man who will go the extra mile for those on his route.

SUSAN We love to have chili for the Christmas eve evening meal. It has become tradition for us. Most of the time we will have the turkey but not all the time. I think this year we will be doing a "prime rib" for Christmas. When I was living at home my folks always invited some sailors or air force young men to join in our festivities.

Have a great afternoon my friends.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #18  

Good morning gals. It is a bit warmer this morning or it seems so. I am not as cold as I usually am sitting here.

I am so peeved with our postal workers. Jack drove across town to the post office that handles our mail, stood there for 20 minutes only to be told that on Friday it was a substitute driver and our regular driver took the package to deliver on Saturday. I was ok with that until she showed up without the package. It is one of the things Jackson really wanted for Christmas so I have to try and hunt it up before they leave a week from today. They don't get in until Wed so I am hoping those morons can find it and deliver it. I am probably going to keep the car tomorrow and drive out to the post office and have a brawl with the delivery supervisor. They are all so meely mouth about being sorry, but they don't ever fix their problems. They don't have to they are government workers.

Here is the first mitten. I know Jean has already seen it on FB. I have a lady on FB who always is asking to see my stuff so I always post new things for her. The pattern isn't perfect. She started the thumb too soon so your cuff sits on the bottom of your hand instead of your wrist. I had to elongate it hand and thumb because they were too short. She must have tiny hands is all I have to say. I had finished the first mitten before I noticed where the cuff hit and wasn't about to tear the whole thing out so will wear it as it is. It is ok, just should have been a few rows longer before starting the thumb.

Jean: We shall see what Target is like this afternoon. I need to buy a large roll of wrapping paper so I can wrap the gifts and get it over with. I am not putting bows on everything this year. They fall off anyway and the kids could care less how the packages look. I will buy a nice bow to put on Tom's parent's gift though. Hope you have good luck with Target. They may just refund your money to your credit card if that is how you purchased it since you don't have a receipt. Walmart will take anything back receipt or not if they can prove it is theirs.

Maggie: I am sure the yogurt dip will be tasty. I don't do a lot of yogurt, but I eat it from time to time. I bought sf candy from Swiss Colony and most of it is really good. I especially like the cherry cordials. You can't eat but a piece though or the stuff they substitute for sugar will give you diahrrea pretty bad. I just bought it to have a treat once in awhile so the stuff will last a long time.

You gals have a nice day. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stjudesmittens.jpg (20.5 KB, 3 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! Back to wind and clouds today. It feels like it could rain or snow any minute, but nothing in the forecast. We didn't get home until almost midnight last night, slept in, and skipped church this morning. The Christmas concert was good; the guy who sat in front of me kept moving his head from side to side blocking my view so I, in turn, kept moving too. The couple we were with was fun and we saw some other people that we knew. I've not done much today except read the papers, shop online, fold a load of undies, and get dressed. I really need to accomplish something towards Christmas preparations since today is December 1st!

Maggie -- How did you like the dip? Cinnamon is supposed to be a "good" food healthwise. I don't think any kind of fudge would last long around here. Bob loves it and Jason could smell it a mile away. We saw a See's candy store when we were in Kansas City a couple years ago; I didn't even go in so I wouldn't be tempted. You are wise to freeze the pieces and dole them out.

"Gma" -- I wonder if your postal people are related to the idiot who delivers our mail two hours later than the regular carrier. I would love to know what he does differently. Anything I want to go out the same day we take to the post office downtown. I hope you can find the gift wherever it may be. I was twice surprised at Target yesterday! First of all there was no one at the customer service counter. I told the gal I wanted to return the heater because it doesn't work and started to explain why I didn't have the receipt. She interrupted and asked how I had paid for it; I gave her the card and she credited the amount back in full. I'm wondering if what saved me was the "only at T" on the box. Anyhow, I was impressed!

We are going to the movie Delivery Man later, so I'd better get a move on. Enjoy the rest of you day!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #20  

Good morning, ladies! Sun is shining and we are to have a high of 55 today.

Bella had a really good sale for customer appreciation day and I received a call late Saturday afternoon that I had won a door prize (I have to go get it to find out what) so I am happy. I sewed most of yesterday making a tote for my yoga mat. I have borders to put on a quilt top today. I hope I get my Viking back soon for I need the fancy stitches. My Featherweight is a work horse - 62 years old) but it's only straight stitch.

Faye, I'll send the books UPS ground and then you can track when they might be delivered. I'll send the tracking number. We used to get our mail in the morning and now it might be 5 pm before it comes. We had one carrier who didn't speak English and I don't think he could read either for he just put handsful of mail in each box and then we had to run about the neighborhood delivering to the right house. Your mittens are beautiful.

Jean, it would have been pretty hard for them to say the heater wasn't theirs with the Only at T on the box. I find it pretty easy to take things back to Target, Walmart, Kmart.

Maggie, I got a call from WW yesterday asking me if I'd like to work January and February for the rush. So I'll be doing that. We had a friend who always gave us See's candy for Christmas. She's passed away now. They put a cosack in the mall here and sell it during the Christmas season.

It's time for me to head out to the Y so you all have a great day!

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 12-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #21  

Good morning, almost afternoon girls. I had to take Jack to work this morning so I could find that book. I went out the post office ready for a fight and the line was out the door. I UGHed but a guy walked up behind the customer service desk asking if anyone had a package to pick up. No one else walked up so I walked up, explained everything nicely, he went back and came back in less than 90 seconds with the book. I thanked him profusely telling him it was for my grandson that I only see a couple times a year.

I took back the cheap hoodie and got the priced credited back to my Target credit card. I then went into the boys department and found two cute long sleeved t's he will love. One is black and has writing on "how to be a Ninja." It is really cute and the other one is blue and has Leggo super heros on it like Superman, Batman, etc. The best thing though......I can fit into Target clothing again!!!!! Woohoo!

I am down 1 lb but I am hoping now that i have settled into the meds I will start losing again. I treated myself to a Wendy's chili for lunch, which is 7 pts and fulfills my veg, starch, meat, pretty much everything but milk and fruit. The great thing is except for the first couple days, my blood sugar is under 100, which is great. I think it won't be long and they might remove me from the insulin and only on the oral drugs. I knew once that darn hormones was out of my system it would get back into safer regions. I don't eat anything with sugar in it except where I can't take it out. I don't miss it, though there was a red velvet cake at the buffet on Thanksgiving that looked delicious, but I had sf instead. Jack has stuff here with sugar in it, but I am not tempted at all. It isn't a big deal to me anymore.

Susan: Thanks and just let me know the tracking and I will let you know when I get it when you send it. It is amazing how much you can do with sewing machines these days. They almost sew themselves. Used to be straight and if you were lucky, zig zag. My mother tried hard, but I just couldn't get the hang of sewing. I guess knitting was my calling.

Jean: I noticed how easy exchanges were at Target when I was there today. She asked me if anything was wrong with it and I told her, "Yes, it is cheap!" I told her my grandson lives in the north and that jacket could never be worn except in really warm weather. I am glad you were able to get yours returned with no problem too. Thomas's band concert is a week from tomorrow. We are going to freeze our bums off and get really wet on Saturday as it is supposed to not get above 30 and supposed to rain for the marathon. We will be there from 6-noon so it should be interesting.

I am going to do the lunch dishes then sit and knit until I have to go get Jack. No housecleaning today with keeping the car so will tackle the downstairs tomorrow I guess. Have a great start to your week! Faye
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking December 2

GOOD DECEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a day here in the ♥-Land that is in the 70°s and warmer than it has been but by the weekend it is said to be down in the low 20°s.

I have been thinking of what to cook while we have our guest in a few days and I believe I will make Beef Stroganoff, which is always a good company meal and I have never known anyone I served it to that didn’t like it. That will be a Saturday evening meal when he arrives then on Sunday we always eat lunch and dinner out so he will be treated to a meal wherever we go. He will be back on the road come Tuesday so now I need to figure out what to feed him while he is here on Monday. Right now I don’t want to think about it.

We went to Wall*Mart and got enough of those icicle lights to go around the motor home and a cute Christmas tree cutout with lights on it to go on the door. It has suction cups on the back to hold it on the surface. We are being prepared for when we happen to be “out there” when it is Christmas time and wanted to get the lights while they were still in stock.

We went to the local sporting goods store shopping for my Christmas present and I was measured for a “hunting-recurve” take down 58” bow. They measure you from finger tip to finger tip and have a way to figure your bows pull weight with that and your height making up the formula. The one for me is pretty with a fiberglass core and Maple laminates with the handle made from block-cut Zebra wood. Since it is a takedown bow it comes in a nice case. They will make me up some carbon fiber arrows at the sport shop. They are quite spendy but very good arrows. I don’t plan on losing any of them in the practice area in the back yard. Will can make me a nice leather quiver for my arrows. Anything else I will need can come from the sport shop like a wrist protector. It is not fun to be hit on your wrist with that string. After I get used to this bow and the draw becomes too easy for me, I can always step up to a stronger pull but for now this is suited for me and I will do the 20 minute practice each day that “they” suggest. I'll be out in the back yard practicing when the weather permits and the wind is not blowing hard. Will has a bow but it isn’t a take-down and I imagine he will want a new one, that is, very soon so we can get him one for his Christmas present.

DONNA FAYE For that pound down! Each pound is worthy of being lost. Most places are nice when folks return things but there is always that bad apple in the bunch. I am glad for you that you were able to find some suitable things he will like.

SUSAN How nice of WW asking you to come and help out. AH, Sees is the best.

JEAN That dip is good and suitable for company. Yep ~ they say that about cinnamon. When you do visit a Sees store they give you a "sample" piece of candy if you wish. They are nice folks.

Have a great evening my friends.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #23  

Good morning to all. It is going to be nice and warm today and tomorrow then we are going to be in real trouble from Thursday night through the whole weekend. It is going to start raining, but that Alberta clipper is going to plow into us by Friday and we are going to have ice. I worry about the race on Saturday because if it is really icy, I am not sure I can go. I am not steady on my feet. I don't want to miss it, but I am not going to fall either. I can only hope at this point I guess.

I finished the mittens and am almost done with the scarf for my niece so I can then go back to working on my sweater. I have to wash and block everything though. I hope to get that done tomorrow so I can get the mittens dry.

Today I have a lot of cleaning I want to get done since I didn't get anything done yesterday. I have already gotten the kitchen done except for mopping and stuck a pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot. I stuck it on high since the roast was still partially frozen. I took it out of the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge, but it was still kind of hard by early this morning.

Maggie: Sounds like you are getting all prepared to bow hunt or shoot. Keep an eye out because I imagine you are going to get some pretty bad weather too. It is going to cover most of the country I guess.

You all have a good day today. I have to clean up breakfast dishes and get things going. Faye
Old 12-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! A cloudy, windy, COLD day in my corner of the world. It's that damp chill that goes right through if one is outside. The weatherman says we will have rain late this afternoon, freezing rain in the evening, and snow during the night and into tomorrow. I went to get my nails done this morning and was glad to get back home again. Bob has a CEC class today so I won't see him until tonight. I'm hoping he beats the weather home since he's 2/12 hours away. The Christmas boxes are sitting by the tree and the pile of catalogs are waiting for me. I rarely buy anything from them but always like to look anyhow.

Susan -- How fun to win the door prize! I hope it is something you can use and enjoy. I will keep my positive vibes coming your way that your sewing machine is fixed and back home soon. Working for WW will be something to look forward to; I'm sure they appreciate your help.

"Gma" -- on another pound gone forever! I'm so glad the po had your book! I wish I lived close enough to wrap your gifts for you. The shirts sound like Jackson will really get a kick out of them. Both Ian and Kolby like the shirts with pictures and sayings on them.

Maggie -- I will be curious to find out what your weather is doing today. Your menu for your guest sounds like a plan in the making for sure. I know you will enjoy using your new bow. I tried that once in a college gym class; my aim wasn't very good.

I need to get busy. I have a hard time starting anything once I've been gone from home in the morning. Why is that? Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #25  

Good morning all. It is going to be very warm today then wham on Friday freezing temps and ice. UGH, dreading that for sure.

The kids will be here this afternoon and am excited to see them. Haven't seen them since Jackson's bday in June. He is growing so fast and getting so darn tall so I guess he will be his dad all over.

I got the dreaded Christmas presents wrapped last night, at least Jackson's. I still have Tom's parents to do at the last minute because it is refridgerator stuff and all of Thomas's, but since his stuff was much more expensive, there are only a few gifts.

I am going to finish the downstairs cleaning by dusting today and finish the hat I tore out and am redoing. My niece has a lot of hair and I was concerned it would be too tight so I ripped it all out and started over with a new pattern that has more stretch to it for her. I will try and get the stuff mailed next week after the bad weather goes away. It is supposed to last all weekend so that means going to the commissary in bad weather. I live in the south not to have to deal with this, but seems every year we have at least one bad event.

Jean: How is your weather? Sounds like the people in the north are getting snow and cold, cold weather and we are getting freezing rain turning it all to ice. I sure hope we don't lose power.

Another week almost gone. Have a great day today. Faye
Old 12-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #26  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

It is rather chilly here in the ♥-land with the high only expected to reach 33° today with a low of 10°. There is nothing I need to go outside for except to attend Bible study this evening. However, after while we will go see how the buffalo are doing for we do try to visit them every day.

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We have a scallop of snowflake lights in the front picture window and little lights on a Fica tree and the glass village all lit up. I have some little decorations to put on the glass houses and a small glass Christmas tree to put on the shelf. I make it look quite festive. If we ever do just live in the motor home and travel I will have to give up my glass village and just keep a couple of the buildings. I think if I only kept two buildings it would be the big white house with blue roof and fenced in balcony and the barn that sits next to it. Surely I could find a place in the MH to have them out during the holiday and packed away during the other months. I can also keep the little glass Christmas tree that I bring out this time of the year. It has pretty small glass balls and toys to hang on its upturned tips of the branches After all Will “is going to retire” some day. I am going to do some more decorating today. I plan on doing some but not a whole lot. Nothing down low that Cecil can reach. He is already interested in the lights in the Fica tree. Wait till I put some tensile on it and see what he does or maybe I should just leave it off. I love this time of year. Cecil jumped on his shelf below the big window and tired to reach the decorations hanging there at the top but couldn’t quite reach them. He is so funny for after we dust the tables in the front room he has to walk all over them to inspect what we have done. Anything that gets changed in “his house” needs to be inspected.

DONNA FAYE Have loads of fun with your family. No matter where you live there is always some weather that is annoying. Even in beautiful Hawaii. Even when we travel we want good weather but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. We get surprises sometimes.

JEAN I certainly wouldn't want to be in your archery class if your aim was not good. It just takes some practice and you can improve your aim. I was really quite good back then and hopefully what I learned will all come back. I have a nice place to practice.

Have a great afternoon my friends.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #27  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We got up to ice but no snow this morning. Every school around us started late except us, and we should have. The side streets were ice covered although the highway was clear. It's cloudy, windy, and cold again today. It was 30 degrees when I went downstairs this morning and 19 now; it's heading down to 4 tonight. I spent the morning at the gift shop, Bob came in for lunch, and I stopped in to see Bob's secretary who had her knee replaced Monday. I have bell practice later this afternoon.

"Gma" -- I hope your family arrives safely. From the sounds of the weather I think the worst of it was north of us in Minnesota. I'm sorry you had to redo the hat but know you will have it done in no time. The scarf turned out so pretty. I love the stitch pattern.

Maggie -- Your decorations sound very nice. Sonny has done some chewing on the tree as the green evidence of needles is on the floor. I'm sneaking up on the rest of my Christmas decorating. After seeing and hearing what some others do, I really don't do a whole lot. Each year it seems like I get less out; I figure then there is less to put away and get back to "normal" afterwards.

I need to work on the Christmas tree. The fairies didn't do much while I was gone this morning. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day and evening.

Last edited by Jean; 12-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #28  

Good morning all. I have the fans running this morning because it is warm here, but temps are going to plummet today and the rain is going to start. I really dread what we are going to wake up to in the morning. I just hope that nitwit mayor gets the trucks out very early overnight to sand and salt so there aren't a bazillion accidents. People here have no clue about driving on dry land let alone hazardous.

We had a lovely time with the kids last night. Jack and I sat at the end with the boys and I cracked up at Jackson all night. He has such hero worship for Thomas and can drive him nuts, but Thomas takes it in stride bless his heart. We laughed a lot and had good food. I had shrimp, broccoli and salad last night and skipped the baked potatoe and such, but succumbed to some of their croutons, which were actually very small squares of garlic bread. I haven't been eating white bread at all so I thought maybe my blood sugar might be up, but I tested it and it is fine so no harm no foul except for the calories.

I am going to wrap up my cleaning today. We have the marathon early on Saturday and Saturday night will be Christmas for Jackson. He was hilarous last night as I was talking to them about having wrapped his presents but that Thomas's were on the floor in the dining room yet to be wrapped. Jackson got up and came over to me and leaned over and said, "Tell me what you got him." I told him no way that he would blab right away. He told me to tell Thomas what I bought Jackson and I told him the same thing but I said I trusted Thomas to keep his mouth shut more. Thomas laughed and told me he could probably keep from telling a couple days.

We talked about Thomas's girlfriend last night. They canceled the holiday dance on Friday because of the expected weather. Her name is Bronwyn and there was this big discussion of her name. He had writing on his hand and his granddad ask him what it was and he said phone numbers. Of course Jack teased him that they were girls numbers and he said, "Actually, no they're not, but they would be up my arm if it were girls." That's my boy a lover not a fighter.

Maggie: When Butterscotch was a kitten, one year before we decorated our fake tree, he climbed the trunk and was sitting on the top of it. I took a picture and won a contest with it. You probably woke up to nasty weather this morning. I know they are saying lower Indiana is expected to get around 10 inches of snow.

Jean: I am almost done with the hat. I just have the decreases to do, sew it up and block it. I have a pile of stuff on the chest freezer being blocked or drying as I washed all the stuff I have knitted lately together yesterday with some clothing, but took them out before putting stuff in the dryer. I hope your weather doesn't get any worse, though your part of the country is used to it and handles it better than ours.

Have a great day everyone. Jack should be up soon so I am going to just sit and knit. Faye
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #29  

Good Morning, Flowers! The Weatherbug says it is 3.5 degrees -- never heard of a half degree before! It also says there is no wind, but the flag across the street is blowing straight out. Hmmm . . . . The sun is shining so that's a plus after a couple of gloomy cloudy days. Bob is off to Sioux Falls with his farmer friend so won't be home until later this afternoon. They are picking up "something" to help with field erosion/washout along a stream. I am home all day today and plan to enjoy my furnace running!

When I visit my three favorite sites that require a password, on my iPad, it makes me put in my email and password each time, even though I have them bookmarked. Annoying to say the least! I need to make a visit to the store and see if they can help fix it since I sure have no clue.

"Gma" -- I am happy to share some cooler weather with you! I hope the temperature stay high enough so you don't have to worry about ice for the race. I don't think we have anything but cold predicted for the next few days. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening with your family last night. Kids to provide the entertainment! The kids up here write phone numbers on their hands too. I've even seen them do it with permanent markers so they won't wear off as fast.

I do need to work on the tree and get those boxes back downstairs. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday today, and stay warm!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #30  
Thin Within

Talking Burrr

Yes folks it is cold here this day in the ♥-Land with the temp at 12°s and “feels like” -2° with the highest temp to reach today being 19°.

Will was on the local TV station this morning dressed in his Santa suit talking about the upcoming festivities that the museum is doing for the children including a nice hay ride on a wagon drawn by horses. While there 5 employees wanted to have their picture taken with Santa. The head TV guy even lined up to have his picture taken. Will is down at the museum now for his day there.

In the news today I read an interesting article about a study done at MIT by psychologist Stephanie Shattuck-Hufnagel. None of the volunteers could do it making it to be the toughest tongue twister ever. See if you can say this 10 times quickly ~ pad kid poured curd pulled cod.

I am going to order a couple charms for my bracelet today. One is a fully functionally telescope which is 1¼” when closed and the other is a small ¾” coin shape that has the saying by Winston Churchill on it which is Never, Never, Never Give Up. I am removing the motor boat since we have nixed the idea of getting one of those so I don’t need to keep it on the bracelet. It is over by the shotgun, bow & arrow and the fishing pole with two little fishes on it. I can put the one with the saying with the tag that has my name on one side and FOCUS on the other or beside the one that says BELIEVE. It will all work out.

For Will’s main Christmas present I am having him order which metal detector made by Garrett that he wants. When it comes to something like this I want him to get the model he wants so he needs to know what he is getting. No surprise there. He is getting me that take down bow and so there is no surprise there either. But for a surprise I am ordering a set of Pig Tail Food Flippers for Will that I can wrap and put under the Fica tree. They say that they are quicker and easier to use than tongs, forks, and spatulas. They come in a wood storage box and have hardwood handles and stainless shafts. One is 12” and the other is 19” so he should have fun using them. During the summer while at one of the portable BBQ places here in town one of the men were using them and Will was impressed by how they worked. So I put that in the back of my mind to find him some and did in a catalogue called “Acorn.” I have not seen them anywhere else. Anyway I have got some calls to make today and order some “stuff.”

I got a good laugh when making my orders. That pig tail BBQ tool was no longer in stock at Acorn so I found one on line and bought it. What is a hoot is that it didn’t come in a box so it was half the price without it. It was just a simple wooden box and if Will wants a box for them he can easily build one. All the other items were in stock so I am set for the “small stuff” for the wrapping. I can hang those two tools on the area where the other BBQ tools are.

JEAN I have never heard of half degrees in weather either. Not even in the collage class I took on weather. That must be something new in their measurements. Stay in and stay warm.

DONNA FAYE What fun you had such a good time with the kids. Kids are so cute about secrets. Cats are notorious for climbing Christmas trees. Our little Fica tree isn't much of a climb and Cecil just gets on the table where it sits and looks up at it. We only got a little skiff of snow ~ just got the cold weather.

Have a great afternoon/evening my friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-05-2013 at 02:47 PM.